Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@MaryM: I still haven't figured out which makes me feel worse, eating or not eating. I thought a banana would help just now, but nope. It hit my stomach completely wrong.

I guess skipping nausea in the first pregnancy doesn't mean you will every time, because I feel completely rotten. I'm normally a morning person and it's taking me forever to get moving now. I have two more months of grad school that's perfectly timed with my first tri, so between the nausea and the fatigue it should be a really fun summer.

2. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

Ugh I still get it but thankfully I can say it's not as bad as the first time around and now it's not as bad as it was between Week 5-7. I even managed to cook and eat my own cooking last night! Usually I either just eat some fruit or have to get take out because I can't stand the thought of cooking/eating my own cooking.

I had my first ultrasound today! It's all good, thank goodness.

Question: Is it normal to calculate the baby's age based on the size instead of actual calendar age? Because today the doctor said the baby was measuring big, as if 9 weeks and 2 days but I'm actually only 8 weeks and 2 days. And I know almost exactly when I ovulated. Based on this, they want to schedule my NT test in 2 weeks which would make me only 10 weeks or so, when I thought the NT test was supposed to be done around 12 weeks. Thoughts? This would also mean they could schedule my c-section much earlier than the calendar due date.

3. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I've been having 3-5 cramps a day where it's like someone is slowly pushing their fist into my lower abdomen. The strength of the cramps has surprised me, I almost never felt cramps with my period. Has anyone else experienced this?

4. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@gracecat: This is normal. I think the due date based on the size in an early scan is more accurate than from due date, because the baby can grow faster or slower than typical in the early days. FWIW my OB said it was a good sign to be measuring ahead. For my first pregnancy, my OB moved my due date up one week based on my first scan, even though I obviously did not ovulate before CD 7. That date seemed to be correct, I measured on track throughout my pregnancy. I went into labor five days before the new due date, so almost two weeks before the due date based on ovulation, and gave birth to an almost 8 pound healthy baby.

5. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@MaryM: I'm the same way! I know that I should eat when I'm feeling nauseated, but sometimes I cannot even force food into my mouth. On Sunday my husband stood over me, while I was wallowing on the couch, with a cheesy bread roll and was like "Open your mouth; take a bite!" I did feel so much better! Last time, I was ALWAYS hungry and never avoided food, so I've been taken off guard. This week I've been tolerating plantain chips and wheat crackers.

6. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

Had first ultrasound today! 7 weeks on the dot. T/V, heart rate 140! Any guesses/ramzi? I think boy?

7. Mermaidri

pea / 19 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

8. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@Mermaidri: thanks!! I feel okay. Nausea off and on and tired! How about you?

9. Mermaidri

pea / 19 posts

@KRISTINLEIGH yah, same here! i joyfully accept it at this point haha!

10. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@kristinleigh: yay - what an awesome first ultrasound!!!

11. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

I am wondering if anyone is doing first trimester screening and if so what the test entails and when it is done. I am 8 weeks today, but haven't had my first OB appointment yet. I am still seeing my reproductive endocrinologist and will see him one more time at 9 weeks - then I am off the OB the following week ( a few days before 10 weeks). I believe the test that my OB uses requires blood work and an ultrasound (between 10 and 13 weeks), but I have also heard of tests that are blood work only. Just curious what everyone else is doing or has done in the past

12. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@lauren0817: at my 9 week (and 2 days!) appt they said they will be doing all that blood work and what not. That's June 12th for me.

13. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@lauren0817:

14. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@lauren0817: I did not do either screening last time, but I might do the blood work only one this time, and I expect to qualify because I am 35.

15. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@kristinleigh: awww! I'm heading in now for my 8 week! FXed everything is fine!
    @lauren0817: in the past I had an NT scan at 12 weeks and a blood test with it. This time I am going to request the comprehensive blood screening, since I'm 37.

Eta:US went great! We saw a head, arms, legs and heartbeat of 153! Measuring ahead a week and apparently my due date is now 1/2/16!

16. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@travellingbee: yay!!!

17. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@travellingbee: that's amazing news! You will be right on that 2015/2016 border

I just did some more reading about the tests and it sounds like the NT ultrasound + blood test is usually offered if you are under 35 and the comprehensive blood screening if you are over 35. Thanks for clearing that up for me - I was concerned my doctor wasn't offering me all available options, but now I see why she recommended one test over another

18. travellingbee

@lauren0817: I think that's right. I have an appointment with ObGyn for 6/16 and I'll have the blood test (comprehensive) and NT scan then. But I'm old

19. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@travellingbee: No not old at all! Yeah after having infertility treatment I am used to having every test known to man - it seems incomprehensible to me that there is a test that I don't NEED I'm still working on shifting my mindset on all of that

20. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@kristinleigh: great looking ultrasound!

21. travellingbee

I'm so tired of eating. Of being hungry and yet being nauseated at the thought of food. Of having to wrack my brain to find something to eat every hour or so. I'm tired of eating the same foods. Of the effort it takes to drag myself out of bed at 1030 at night to eat something because I can't fall asleep this hungry/nauseous.

22. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@travellingbee: I feel you!!! DH is gonna be late tonight and I'm already freaking out about what im gonna do for dinner bc I can only eat very specific things without feeling sick and I can't go out cuz of DD and delivery options where I am are limited to Dominos pizza..... I can't wait until the first trimester ends!!!!!

23. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@travellingbee: same. I'm finding I'm okay all day until 5pm. DH works 3-11, go figure. I've been choking down some cereal for dinner most nights. Last night I just laid in the bathroom I'm grateful to have this, and I always told myself I would never complain so I'm trying not to!!

24. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

I have a history of cardiac issues... mostly PVCs and PACs. Since 5 weeks roughly, (I'm 7weeks 2 days today) they've gotten pretty intense to the point it makes me feel like I'm choking for a second and it makes me more nauseated. I'm calling the doctor today (of course I was just there 2 days ago and these had stopped!) but is anybody else having similar? I've read palpitations are normal but I'm still freaked out. I don't want to be "that girl" who calls the doctor over every little thing.

25. travellingbee

@kristinleigh: I have a history of palpitations even when not pregnant but they are more frequent when I am. Still, get checked. Hope everything is OK!

26. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@travellingbee: thank you!

27. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

Just had an first appointment and it was...useless. Just went through family health history and peed in cup, they said "yup, you're pregnant." Nothing until my 11 week appt, so I am going to be super anxious until then.

28. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@SwanSong: that's how my first one was. How far along are you? My first full appt isn't until 9 weeks, but I had an u/s at 7 since I was on clomid&to confirm due date.

29. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@SwanSong: @kristinleigh: mine too. Pee in a cup, took some blood, said congrats, come back in 4 weeks.

30. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@kristinleigh: 7 weeks, my last doc had me do a dating ultrasounds, but this a new practice for me and they don't do it.

@mrs.shinerbock: Ugh, frustrating. I get it but still annoying.

31. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@KristinLeigh: I usually have a semi-fast heat rate (within normal range, though) but ever since I got pregnant, usually a couple of times a day I will have a really fast, strong pulse, for 10-20 minutes. and of course I begin to get worried that is bad for baby it's like I'm running hard, but I'm not doing anything! I know that an elevated heart rate is a common pregnancy symptoms, but if you have a history of heart issues then I would definitely tell your doctor!

32. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

OB sent me over to cardiologist so I'm waiting to be seen

33. travellingbee

@kristinleigh: FXed all is good!

34. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

Hi ladies:

Last Friday I had my first ultra sound and we were excited to hear a strong heart beat. My midwife just called to tell us that all looked great, but our due date moved back a week. So it looks like I'm now "due" January 12!

I'm a little nervous about moving the due date back a week, but my midwife didn't seem concerned at all and said it was normal. I'm going to go with that!

35. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I had two firsts today! First time getting asked if I was pregnant (wtf I'm only 6w3d) and having someone predict the gender.

The lady who asked me if I was pregnant is a coworker, and her best friend is a friend of mine, and this mutual friend I guess had been talking to her and mentioned how my boobs looked bigger and she bet I was pregnant (she generally knows we were trying, to some degree.) so my ballsy coworker decided to ask bc today was our last day at school and I won't see her for another 2 months. I ended up telling her, and confirming it to our mutual friend.

As for the gender prediction, it was from another coworker who had been commenting on my "rosy cheeks" multiple time over the past 3 weeks, so I finally just told her I was pregnant, and on the basis of rosy cheeks she predicted girl. I told her I predicted baby, haha.

36. bisous

persimmon / 1304 posts

@kristinleigh: I hope all is okay. Saying a prayer for you as what you are going through sounds scary.

@Alba4: I am so confused that moving due dates by that much is normal. I don't have my first appt til June 24 so I guess I will find out then. Either way, all due date calculators say Jan 28 for me but Birth Center says Jan 30. Feels kinda arbitrary if it's so normal for the date to change!

@DesertDreams88: Ahh! Can't believe someone had the guts to ask. People are rude. I can't imagine my reaction if that happened to me. Haha I may have just said no and left her hanging until you see her in a few months!

I am definitely gaining some roundness in my belly...and pounds. Maybe TMI but my digestive system is moving way slower than normal. Ugh. Still doubt any coworkers would say anything!

Anyone feeling hormones raging? I have so little patience lately. Kind of makes me laugh at times when I realize how easily I get ticked off. I am pretty even keeled usually.

37. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

Long story short - they confirmed I'm having a lot of PVCs and PACs. Getting an updated echocardiogram and 48 hour holter monitor test (last testing was 3 years ago) and cardiologist wants to follow me through pregnancy just to make sure things don't get worse. He said the PVCs and PACs are not harmful typically though which is good. Exercise / aerobic exertion helps to override the cells that are essentially "too excited" so I'm allowed to keep exercising (yay!) but just keep mindful of any pain or shortness of breath. Laying with my feet above heart level helps. Oh he also ordered blood work.. Thyroid, potassium, magnesium, CBC and hemoglobin a1c. Told me to check with OB though to see if they want to add on my 9 week blood work now so I don't need to get stuck twice so I'm going to check that on Monday. Thanks for all the well wishes ladies! ❤

38. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@bisous: thank you! And oh my gosh I feel ya on the slow digestion. My dr recommended prunes but I gagged lol so the nurse said try the lemon flavored ones and they're more bearable!!! I'm "showing" too. I look how I thought I would at 12 weeks and people have pointed it out. I have been trying to wear layers but 80+ degrees in NJ makes it hard!

39. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

I'm showing too! So embarrassing cuz I'm sure it's mostly fat! I look 4 months pregnant.... Oh boy....

40. travellingbee

@gracecat: me too definitely. I'm busting out the maternity clothes.

Ok I think I figured out why my due date changed. The doctors office out the wrong date for my LMP. It was the 3/30 but they put 3/28. So I'll correct when I go to the obgyn and I think it'll switch back to 1/4.

Also went to old navy and got some cute cheap roomier take tops. They hide the bump well

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee