Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@bisous: IRL I've given up on telling people a specific date. I just say "middle of January."

2. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

January 2016 moms

January 3: Gracecat (#2)
    January 4: Travellingbee, (#2) Karen (#2), worrywart (#2)
    January 5: lauren0187 (#1)
    January 6: Mermaidri (#1)
    January 9: Mrs.Shinerbrock (#2)
    January 12: alba4 (#2)
    January 13: sera_87 (#3), Chitownro (#2), Kristinleigh (#1), swansong (#2)
    January 14: marym (#1)
    January 15: Joyfulkiwi (#2)
    January 16: Supernovaj (#2)
    January 17: MDF106 (#2)
    January 19: MrsYellowJacket (#1), cvwood (#2), swoggette (#3), desertdreams88 (#1)
    January 22: hiker85 (#1), raintreebee (#2)
    January 24: amanda88 (#2)
    January 30: bisous (#2)
    Smith: January ??? (#1)

3. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

First day of summer break arrived just in time for the first day of nausea and throwing up but yay for decreasing the miscarriage risk! how am I ever supposed to get the calories baby needs to grow??? I also am definitely not getting enough protein I don't eat meat or nuts, and normally I get enough through dairy, but ugh, food....

4. Swoggette

cherry / 134 posts

@desertdreams88 I am with you with the nausea no vomiting though. I feel for you. This weekend has been challenging.
    I make a homemade lemon ginger and honey simple syrup and sipping that over seltzer was helps keep it a bay a little. Hang in there

5. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@Swoggette: that sounds really good! Do you have a recipe for that, or do you just wing it?

Has anyone tried diclegis? I might go ask for it today. I'm such a wimp when it comes to feeling sick.

6. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@bisous: I am definitely being overly emotional. Last week my office at work moved, to a worse office, and my level of upset was really disproportionate. The worst part is it has a window to the hallway, so it is not suitable for pumping.

I think due dates are not necessarily expected to be exact. I think my OB only changes the due date if it is more than a week off from the due date from my LMP. Anyway, it is more like a due month anyway.

I have not really had morning sickness yet, which is making me worried that this is not a viable pregnancy. I know I was feeling much worse by now last pregnancy, which especially worries me. I have had a cold, and it makes it somewhat hard to pinpoint whether my tiredness is from that or from pregnancy, but I have been able to eat pretty normally. I am having some occasional mild nausea and mild aversions, but nothing like last time when I had constant nausea and aversions to everything (although I never through up). I am having some other symptoms, but as far as I know morning sickness is the only one associated with a lower risk of miscarriage. I have my first appointment Thursday, so I should know something then.

7. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@mdf106: How far along are you? It may just be starting later for you this time.

8. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@travellingbee: 7 weeks 1 day. I know it started by 6 weeks last time, although I ended up measuring ahead and having my due date moved up.

9. travellingbee

@mdf106: Hopefully it is just starting later this time (I know several friends who had this) or maybe you will be lucky and not be sick this time!

10. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

@mdf106: Try not to worry. I had ZERO morning sickness with my almost 3 year old daughter. This time around it started at 7 weeks and has been non-stop, and totally brutal. Don't forget every pregnancy is different.

11. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I had my US today. I barely slept last night because I had a bleed Friday nigt and was worried to death. But I have a small SCH that most likely caused the bleed. Baby had a good heart beat of 133bpm, but measured about 5 days behind what we expected based on LMP and O. I'm going back in two weeks for another dating scan. The doctor doesn't want to set a EDD until I'm definitely 8 weeks (thought I was 7/3, measured 6/5)

But the doctor was very positive because of the heartbeat and said the SCH was really small and should resolve

12. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

Ok, hi all! I hope I can jump in and join the January group a little late! My name is littlebug, and I'm unexpectedly pregnant and due in January!

Hubs and I had been going back and forth about whether or not we wanted another kid. We have one son who is 2.5 and he's so awesome and was such an easy baby, we were a little afraid to try our luck with a 2nd baby. I was pretty firmly in the one-and-done camp, but Hubs wanted a 2nd. Eventually I came around, then I got baby fever, and we agreed to pull the goalie in April and just "wait and see" for a few months. Well, one time was all it took - I had 2 positive home pregnancy tests this weekend! Based on my LMP, I'm due Jan 31, which is exactly 2 weeks after D's 3rd birthday (also the day before Hubs' birthday)! 3 years was kind of my ideal spacing, so I'm pretty excited about it!

A little about me - I've been married for 4.5 years (5 years in October). Our son is 2.5 and is pretty much the best kid on the planet. I'm a WOHM, working full time in the healthcare field, but may go part-time once Baby #2 arrives. My first pregnancy was pretty easy - no nausea, no major complications. D was a 41-week induction, with absolutely no desire to leave his comfy home!

So glad to be joining the board! Can't wait to get to know you all over the next several months!!!

13. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@littlebug: Welcome and congrats!

14. travellingbee

@littlebug: congrats and welcome to our group!

15. travellingbee

So, at the end of the school day today, one of the teachers that I don't even normally work with comes up to me and says, "So, I heard you were pregnant!" but she whispered the word pregnant. I was like, "WHO told you that?" She said she couldn't remember- yeah sure. WTF? One of the few people who knows couldn't keep their mouth shut about such a personal thing?? Sheesh! I was really hoping to make it to the summer before it got out, but apparently I wasn't.

16. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@swogette: I made a ginger ale/lemon lime combo with my Sodastream, does that count? Lol it is helping though!

@mdf106: I hope you get the teensiest bit of nausea just to reassure you and then a great US on Thursday and the nausea disappears

@littlebug: welcome!!

@marym: yay! It must have been such a happy relief to see that heartbeat. Glad you'll be getting another US so soon and that they have identified the cause of the bleeding.

@travellingbee: bummer!

17. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@littlebug: welcome and congratulations!

@travellingbee: it's so hard for some people to keep their mouths shut!

18. travellingbee

@mrs.shinerbock: Apparently.

19. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@mdf106: I had zero nausea and very few food aversions with my first, and have had a ton of both with this pregnancy. I think every baby just has a different effect on our bodies. I hope you get some good reassurance at your visit tomorrow!

@littlebug congrats and welcome! I hope you have another easy pregnancy this time around.

20. travellingbee

My bump. Another 2nd time mom at work who's is 4 weeks ahead of me still has a flat tummy. Boooo...
    Eta: 9 week 1 day

21. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@travellingbee: I want that dress!!!!

I looked about the same up until this past week and I'm 8 weeks tomorrow. Bloating has gone down a lot this week but I definitely still have a little bump that I can't suck in. Everyone carries different and looks different at different times... it'll all even out. It just stinks that it is hard to hide a lot!

22. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@MaryM: That sounds so stressful.

@DesertDreams88: Thanks. I actually did have a few hours of pretty bad nausea yesterday afternoon, with a strong aversion to coffee.

@cvwood: Thanks.

23. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@travellingbee: You look great! And that dress is adorable! Where did you get it?

I'm 5 weeks and already feel so bloated. I had a little bump at like 10-11 weeks last time...I'll probably start showing like tomorrow.

24. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@travellingbee: You look great.

25. travellingbee

@mdf106: @littlebug: @kristinleigh: thanks. It's an old dress so I have no idea where it's from.

The girl I share a room with at work said lots of people have been saying Im pregnany because I have a bump. Ugh and Ive been trying so hard to hide it!!

26. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@travellingbee: Yeah, I can see why people are having a hard time not noticing. But they still should know they aren't allowed to say anything until they hear otherwise! Are you going to try to wait until the official second trimester start to make it official?

27. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@travellingbee: you look great! Ive been walking around wearing over-sized sweatshirts to hide my mini bump.

In other news we told our families this past weekend. We weren't planning on it but my Dad figured it out by me refusal to go in a hot tub or have a delicious fruity drink. We figured since my family knew we should tell the husbands. Feeling weird about it, wishing we waited until we at least heard a heartbeat.

28. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@littlebee: welcome and congrats! We got a bgo on our first "try" too!
    @travellingbee: dang, that dress is cute! I have a similar bump; it's soooo hard to hide! My neighbor is at like, 23 weeks with her 2nd and only JUST started looking pregnant, I'm so jealous of her long torso.
    @SwanSong: we ended up telling our immediate families too. It's a hard thing for us to "cover up", so we went with it. My appointment isn't for another week, but I'm hopeful all this nausea is a good indicator.

Does anyone else feel constantly hungover? I cried this morning because I couldn't find my Bella band. I feel so tired & sick all the time, and I look frumpy & pudgy, and I am a useless basket case. I sat in the closest crying until my husband was like, "But you love being pregnant right?!" & made me chocolate milk. I was 87% more sane the first time around!!

29. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: YES! Constantly hungover is EXACTLY how I feel!! Queasy off and on, temp fluctuates, mild headache, tired and just overall yucky.

I've been on a chocolate milk kick and carnation instant breakfast too!

30. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: @kristinleigh: Yes! I just told a coworker today that hungover was how I felt. And chocolate milk was one of my major cravings last time around.

31. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

I am having such strong cravings for good American food like baked potatoes, ribs, pulled pork, cheeseburgers... Things that are not easy for me to get to here let alone with a toddler. :(::::: I miss America! And I am not a cook...

32. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@gracecat: Do you have a crock pot/ slow cooker? I have a good recipe for pulled pork (or pulled chicken!) in the crock pot. I'm not a cook either but I LOVE my crock pot!

33. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@kristinleigh: Unfortunately no... I'm going to find time to go to one of the better American burger/BBQ places this weekend for sure though.

34. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Dr. typed out the message. Measuring right on track. Heartbeat visible. Very thankful!!!

Weird thing though? He said it was too early to measure the heartbeat. And of course I knew that is not true because I am 7w1d. But the heartbeat was visible, so..... I didn't argue.

35. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@DesertDreams88: nice little bean you've got there. Congrats on the good US!

36. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

(back at work, so I'm catching up!)

@JoyfulKiwi: YES! I have a hangover until about 4 p.m. every day. Even after that I don't feel amazing, but I at least feel human. My mom was up the last few days helping me clean/unpack and I felt like such a useless lump. She's one to usually nag and push me to get things done, but thankfully didn't mind if I said I had to sit/lie down. But we so should have gotten more done!

@kristinleigh: Carnation instant breakfast is totally my goto breakfast now! Anything carby makes me feel worse, and I'm averse to things like bacon and eggs, so I'm running out of options.

@DesertDreams88: Did the doctor maybe say/mean it was too early to hear the heartbeat? (or did you hear it)? Mine said we couldn't hear it yet, but they were able to measure it on the US. Congrats!

37. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@marym: he said both he said that since the heart is only 2 millimeters wide, it's too diifuclt to measure. The most generous reasoning behind that I can imagine is maybe he just doesn't have the technology available.... he very much seems practical and cost-efficient.

Glad to hear your mom is able to help you out with the move!

38. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

I am measuring right on track, with a good heartbeat. I feel so relieved.

39. travellingbee

@DesertDreams88: @mdf106: Yay for good ultrasounds!
    @MaryM: I'm the opposite- well I feel terrible in the morning but then I feel ok most of the day until about 4 and then I am so sick feeling until bedtime. No vomiting yet though.

40. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@mdf106: Great news!

Ugh. I'm surviving work ok today, but then I was 5 minutes late for a meeting. I got the last seat, which happened to be next to my boss, who was eating yogurt. Ugh. the sound it made when she stirred it...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee