Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

My symptoms have been coming and going, so it is freaking e out a little bit. With my son I was nauseous 24/7 from weeks 6-12 (longest 6 weeks of my life...) but now i actually have times when I feel mostly normal. Cant wait to (hopefully) hear a heart beat, 2 weeks to go.

2. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@SwanSong: I was/am similar, last time I had constant nausea and aversions to almost everything, and so far this time my nausea has been on and off, and I can eat anything when it is off.

DS came to my appointment so DH could be there, and he wanted me to hold him the whole time, which is not normal for him.

My blood pressure was great, which was reassuring, I think last time it was high from the start.

3. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

So this is kind of a whiny superficial post but also kind of confused.

I have dyed my hair red violet (naturally I have dark to light brown hair depending on the season). I last dyed it in April, got my BFP early May and haven't dyed it since.. figured I would wait to go back to dark brown until the 12 week mark. I called my doctor today to confirm that after 12 weeks it's okay, and they said they advise against it at all, but if I must, I should wait until after 20 weeks? I even said "Wait... twenty not twelve?" because I thought I misheard her.

Oh well. I'm going to listen because I'd hate myself if anything negative did happen, I just wonder if anyone else has ever heard of 20 weeks, instead of 12!

4. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@kristinleigh: I've ever only heard after 12 weeks to be safe, but that there is no conclusive evidence that dye actually soaks into the blood stream. I do know that a lot of doctors err on the side of caution, sometimes i think to the extreme (thus all the food restrictions...)

5. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@kristinleigh: As far as I know there is no evidence that dying hair is at all harmful during pregnancy, although I understand wanting to listen to your doctor. I really enjoyed the book Expecting Better, written by an economist, which examines the risks and benefits of various stuff during pregnancy. Although that book was part of why I was so nervous about my lack of nausea so far this pregnancy.

6. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Had my first appointment; two happy surprises - I weigh less than I thought I did & I actually DO get a dating ultrasound before the NT one. So yay! Ultrasound Tuesday!

7. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

Joining. Yikes

EDD: 1-23-2016

How far along: 6w, 6d

First child? Nope. I have a 20 mo dd.

First dr app: we have already had some scares, so I've already seen my dr once and had three ultrasounds. We saw a strong heart beat today though, so I'm feeling more optimistic.

Symptoms: tired and nauseous from time to time but nothing terrible.

8. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Zbug: welcome!!

i haven't been on the boards in a couple of weeks. we did some travel and my nausea / mood has been horrendous. i don't remember my fatigue being this bad either with my first pregnancy, but chasing after my 14 month old might have something to do with it. also, i am so, so hormonal and overall feeling "down" about this pregnancy. it's the oddest thing - i was lucky enough to not be hormonal during my periods so these feelings are completely new to me... and it's making me feel horribly guilty that i'm not excited or thrilled about this pregnancy. it's the utter fatigue and having aversions to every food. and i find myself being irrationally irritated with all situations and people. it's crazy, these hormones! anyways just venting... i'm so glad everyone's pregnancies are going so well and healthy though. i'll be 8 weeks tomorrow and first ultrasound is on wednesday. the days are dragging on and i'm hoping my mood and appetite get better soon because i can't deal with it much longer!

9. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@Zbug: welcome and congratulations!

I had my first US today. Everything looks good and the baby is measuring right on track. I almost missed my appointment though because the service light came on and my car quit accelerating while I was on the freeway! I'm sure I ticked a lot of drivers off going down the interstate at 30 mph and I was afraid I was going to cause a wreck getting across the 5 lanes of feeder road. Luckily it reset when I restarted my car, but I'm scared to take my car very far now.

10. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: great about your us but bummer about your car
    @SupernovaJ: I've also been in a terrible mood and so miserable with the nausea. Yuck.

11. travellingbee

@Zbug: welcome!

12. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@travellingbee: it can be so tough! it's just reaaaaally getting to me now after about 3 weeks of solid misery. hang in there!! HUGS!!

13. travellingbee

@SupernovaJ: so, I guess I'm probably half-way through the nausea. With my son I was sick until 20 weeks exactly and I'll be 10 weeks Monday. Ugh. But after 12 weeks I'm going to ask for zofran

14. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@SupernovaJ: I have felt somewhat hormonal and down this pregnancy, but it was much worse last pregnancy. It is hard to be optimistic when you feel bad all the time, and not being able to enjoy food, but having to eat constantly, really got to me, I felt like I would never feel good again. This time, I still find myself getting disproportionately upset about things.

15. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Speaking of pregnancy hormones, biggg tears over here:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/03/pregnancy-time-lapse_n_7502380.html

16. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

By the way, @travellingbee, I bought that ginger gum you posted and it's been a life saver!

17. travellingbee

@DesertDreams88: glad it's working for you. It stopped working for me. nothing is working but eating every hour on the hour. I'm so so so so tired of eating. I've already gained almost 10 lbs. This is way worse than with DS. At this rate I'm going to be a house!

18. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@travellingbee: I feel the same way. Only things that make me feel better are things like pasta and pizza. Salty salty chips. Lol. Great!!

I hear every pregnancy is different so hopefully you will start feeling better before then!

19. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@mdf106: that's exactly how I feel. Hoping things get better soon because I'm feeling totally bummer about being such a downer. That in and of itself is most aggravating. Lol. Hang in there also - hoping it's just part of the first trimester fatigue and hormones.

Hope everyone is starting to feel a tiny bit better!

20. travellingbee

10 weeks today! Yay!

Anyone on any medication for the morning sickness? I'm starting to get to end of my rope. I'm so tired of being sick. I've been nauseous 24/7 for a month now. I was on zofran last time starting at 15 weeks. It definitely helped but I'm afraid to take it in the first trimester now that the FDA was warning against it.

21. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@travellingbee: Sorry you're feeling so crappy. It doesn't hurt to ask your doctor what can be done.

I've officially pulled out the ginger candy. Thank god I found some (from travelling) when unpacking this weekend.

I had spotting again yesterday. I know I should feel more secure knowing there's a reason for it, but I basically shut down as soon I saw it in the morning. I was supposed to go to my goddaughter's first birthday party but send DH without me and stayed in bed most of the day.

22. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@travellingbee: I am not, but if I were feeling like you seem to be I would have no hesitation.

23. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

@travellingbee: I'm nauseous 24/7 as well. I didn't have anything like this with my daughter! I went to a local sushi restaurant and bought straight ginger. I eat a piece every couple hours and it seems to be helping. I'm also afraid to take anything with all of the articles coming out about Zofran causing birth defects.

24. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

The MS comes and goes all day, but I haven't taken anything for it other than sucking on peppermints. It also seems to be worse when I don't get enough sleep the night before, so I've really been trying to go to bed early.

DH and I decided that we feel comfortable enough to start telling people, so I told my boss and office mate today. There is another pregnant lady in my office, so I'm glad I can commiserate with someone now.

25. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@travellingbee: I started taking diclegis last week, which is the only medication that's FDA approved specifically for nausea in pregnancy, it's a category A. It's been available outside the US for a long time. It's basically extended release unisom and B6 combined. My trouble has been getting my insurance company to approve it, they still haven't and I'm rationing the samples I was able to get a hold of. But it works like a dream!

I had my first visit today, but I didn't get an ultrasound. I'm jealous of all of you that have seen a heartbeat! But I have my first trimester screening scheduled in 3 weeks, so I think I can make it. It's funny that being sick the past few weeks hasn't made pregnancy feel as real as walking back into that waiting room and filling out a mountain of paperwork, NOW I feel knocked up.

26. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I have to confess somewhere to being "that" annoying person.

Since I spotted yesterday, I'm taking it super easy. Not lifting anything, walking too far, etc.

I went to get water in the break room, of course the bottle is almost empty. But since it weighs way more than 5lbs, I'm not changing it!

And if I asked someone else to change it, they'd be asking me all sorts of questions. So I'm just going to be that annoying person that leaves the bottle a few drops shy of empty.

27. travellingbee

@cvwood: I'm worried about Diclegis because I'm super sensitive to medicines that make you sleepy... Maybe I'll call about getting a prescription anyway though...

28. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

6w1d, and I am soooo tired. I just feel like I'm dragging my body around. I get nauseated every morning from about 8 or 9 till noon. I had NO nausea at all with my first pregnancy, so this is new for me. It's not unbearable, just makes me feel icky. I feel for you girls with the round-the-clock nausea! Hope it gets better soon!

29. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@MaryM: Oh the things we do when we're trying to hide pregnancies.

30. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

1. Is there any such thing as too much ginger?

2. Has anyone tried double strength gin-gins? They've been doing the trick for me today, but I'm afraid of a coworker asking me what on earth I'm sucking on!

31. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@travellingbee: I was worried about that, too. But I don't feel any more tired now than before I started it, and I think it's worth it to be able to eat real food! See if you can get a sample to try before you commit to it.

@littlebug I didn't have it with my first either, but I do now and it's miserable! I'm so whiny about it now, it IS icky feeling!

32. travellingbee

@cvwood: good to know. And I'm having the opposite problem. I'm eating tons! Eating too much because all I can do is snack to keep it at bay. I must be eating 3000 calories a day!!

33. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@MaryM: it's an anti-coagulant so could be an issue with blood clotting/bleeding. Not sure how much is too much, though.

34. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@MaryM: My ob's office hands out these little business cards with med recommendations on them. For ginger, it says 350mg three times a day. I don't know if you can measure your ginger in mg, though?

35. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

As for symptoms... my nausea, sore breasts, bloating, and fatigue have all disappeared for the past two days. I can't stop worrying about a missed MC, even though I *know* a heartbeat and measuring on track at 7 wks means my MC risk is lower, like 5%.... but with PCOS, who knows really??

I kind of feel like since I'm taking progesterone, it will prevent bleeding, but it won't prevent a loss, and then I just go down this mental rabbit trail of fear and start looking up elective ultrasound places, etc. I talked to my ob's nurse today, she said that they only do 7 & 11 wk scans, but she'd talk to the doctor and see if maybe he could order me one for 9 wks at a radiology center.... on one hand I'm thankful she'll talk to him and I think he will consider it, but really, a radiology center?

Anyways.... this whole first trimester thing is definitely emotionally challenging, if not currently physically challenging

36. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: I totally get the progesterone worries! I still have the sore boobs and feel more comfortable as long as I have them...until I remember I had them whenever I took P post peak as well.

Huh, so I googled and the ginger candy I've been eating has a half gram of ginger. That would be 500 mg, right? (I suck at the metric system!) Maybe I should slow my roll with them.

37. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@DesertDreams88: I am on progesterone and also have the same missed miscarriage fears. I am "lucky" in that this is an IVF pregnancy so I get ultrasounds every week. But the three days or so before each ultrasound, I am convinced the baby is gone. Wish your doc would be more cooperative about seeing you more often.

38. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: I feel so similar to you. I am in a constant bad/irritated mood and just feeling exhausted and miserable. Looking after a 16 month old might be contributing to it, and some days I wonder if we haven't made a big mistake. I feel awful saying that, and I don't rationally think it. But the thought is there whenever I get up in the morning and feel bad.

39. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@raintreebee: My 22 month old is insane and I wonder what the heck we were thinking getting pregnant again ALL THE TIME. I have no idea what I'm going to do with two of them, but I fully intend to send my toddler to daycare for the entirety of my maternity leave with zero guilt.

40. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

So at my 7 week u/s they told me I have a cyst (which is normal) on my left ovary. As of last night I'm having the typical cyst pain and some VERY mild cramping. Ugh. I just want to not be worried about every little thing!!! I'm 9 weeks tomorrow so I know the risk is very low of anything happening since I saw a heartbeat, etc., but still. I have an appointment Friday for my full OB exam, etc.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee