Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: I have the opposite situation - my husband isnt even on Facebook! He never liked the idea of posting personal details on the internet for everyone to see so he just never signed up

2. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

My husband was that way for the longest time. I don't think he got facebook until we were engaged and planning our wedding (to which he insisted we must invite 500 people).

Then it all exploded.

3. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: haha it sounds like he likes it now my hubby does like to look at my FB sometimes, but is very resistant to having his own account!

I was just reading your other posts about maternity pants. I am holding up non-denim pants okay (I have a pair of black shorts and black Capri pants - both are pretty lightweight fabric with the full panel) - sometimes they slide a little bit, but overall soo comfy! Maybe try a non-denim style for now - I had good luck at Target and Kohl's I don't think I can ever wear regular pants again after this - I love all of the stretch!

4. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@sera_87: ughh so frustrating your hubby missed the ultrasound! Who makes up these stupid policies?!? Happy to hear everything looked great though!

5. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@lauren0817: I tried Kohl's and was really disappointed. I have really thick calves so I can't really do the skinny pants that are popular now. I did find a pair of black pants at Gap that were super comfy to try on, but I'm also short. So I had to finish unpacking my sewing room this weekend and will need help to get them hemmed (since they're SO long!). I'll need someone else to pin them because it's impossible to just flip up the hem!

6. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@kristinleigh: I've had a few headaches - mostly between 10-14 weeks and they did hurt a lot. I didn't bother taking Tylenol - I have never been a big Tylenol lover anyway - I don't think it works for me at all! I put a cool cloth on my neck and forehead and that felt great. I also just drank lots of water since I figured that couldn't hurt This heat has been rough (I am in Maryland) - I have been feeling so nauseous and generally crappy again and I think the heat might be a big factor with that. 16 weeks tomorrow and I was throwing up this morning eekk! All worth it in the end though

7. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@SwanSong: I completely understand - I can't wait for our next appointment! Four weeks goes by quickly, but it also seems so long. Hope your next appointment is here before you know it and everything looks great

8. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@lauren0817: My husband is also not on Facebook. He sometimes looks at my Facebook feed, especially to see stuff related to his family.

I have another cold (how is this possible when it is 100?). Actually, I know it came from daycare. At 14 weeks, I have been feeling more nauseous, although I think the cold might be exacerbating it.

9. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

I had my third visit yesterday, baby's heart beat was 155, whew! My son and husband came with me and my little man told me that I am having a baby girl and that he is having a baby boy. He cracks me up.

I go back in two weeks with my mom, since she is nurse she will be giving me my progesterone injections, and the office just wants to give her the proper instructions. And they set up my one and one ultrasound for 8/31, so excited!

10. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

We got to see our little ladies today. We're so in love!! Anyone else have recent u/s pics?? This is 14w2d

11. heartsnsunshine

cherry / 165 posts

@MrsYellowJacket: so cute !!!

I'm jealous with all these ultrasound pictures !! I don't get one until 18-29 weeks and that's the only time I'll see baby the wait is killing me!

12. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@SwanSong: yay good news! @MrsYellowJacket: I go back in 2 weeks for my anatomy scan. They are doing it at 18 weeks. Cute little girls you got there!!

13. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@heartsnsunshine: thanks! Well the bright side to that means you're not high risk but I'm sure it's a brutal wait!!

@travellingbee: thank you! Not too much longer then!!

14. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Here's some from my NT scan at 13w2d.... got surprised with some 3d!!

15. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@DesertDreams88: Oh very neat!! I don't think I've seen a 3d that early

16. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

I have yet ANOTHER cold right now! I think it's my 3rd this pregnancy...and I'm only 12.5 weeks! What the heck?! This one's particularly bad. I'm so congested that even my jaw hurts.

Just scheduled our anatomy scan for Sept 14 - it seems so far away! But I also had the MaterniT21 genetic blood work done on Tuesday, so we should find out the gender from that within the next week! Eek! I'm thinking girl - this pregnancy has been SO different from my first! Plus, this time I feel like I'm expanding on all sides, not just in my belly.

17. travellingbee

@DesertDreams88: Aw cute!

Guys, I'm dying. I am so tired of feeling so sick all the time. I threw up majorly last night and could barely function. Fell asleep at 830 and made my DH take care of the LO. Then woke up wicked nauseous this morning. It is just round the clock. I'm so tired of this. I have been nauseous for months and nothing seems to help.
    ETA: on second thought, I'm thinking I have a stomach virus-- this is too much throwing up and now diarrhea...

18. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@littlebug: I've been terribly congested too, but I'm pretty sure it's not a cold. Pregnancy can just make your sinuses swell and it really sucks!

I started using Nasalcrom as needed a week or so ago, and it's made a ton of difference! And I sleep with nose strips on. it's so sexy. lol

I hope you feel better soon! I've had several days of killer sinus headaches that I totally could live without...

19. bisous

persimmon / 1304 posts

@MaryM: I got some Gap skinny pants and mine are way too long, too!

@MrsYellowJacket: @DesertDreams88: Loving your ultrasound pics! I am so excited for my first ultrasound but won't get it probably til mid-September when I am 20 weeks.

@travellingbee: Sorry you aren't feeling well. I swear the stomach bug is so much worse when pregnant! Hope it's short lived!!

I am 13 weeks and had my second appointment yesterday. Things seem to be changing fast. My midwife found the heartbeat pretty easily and I got to listen for like 30 seconds! It was 150. And this morning I felt the baby!!!

I am no longer feeling awful--which is awesome!
    The first trimester felt like forever so I am so glad to say goodbye to it.

20. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: yeah the Kohl's section was pretty small, but I do love the things I did pick up there. I still need to check out Gap - their stuff looks cute online, but I really want to see it in person

21. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@mdf106: haha my hubby is very proud that he's still not on Facebook

Hope you're feeling a bit better! Summer colds are the worst.

22. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MrsYellowJacket: such cute photos!! I'm getting so excited for our next ultrasound but we still have 3 weeks to go - too much waiting!

@desertdreams88: so cute! I love the foot photo

23. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@lauren0817: I just loved when we asked where the maternity section was (after walking half the store and ALL of the clothing) when we were told "It's over there, past the luggage." Past the luggage??? lol

I finally hemmed my Gap pants and I'm so comfy today!

I'm a week away from my next check up and getting the usual anxiety again. I actually pulled up dopplers on Amazon today thinking about ordering one to keep myself sane. But then I figure as soon as I order one and get it out of the packaging I'll probably feel the baby move (but wouldn't that alone be worth $40? lol)

I can make it nine days. I can make it nine days...

24. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@littlebug and @travellingbee: ugh so sorry to hear you are both feeling sick. How are you feeling today? Hopefully a little bit better

25. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: haha yeah I had to ask as well - it was between the baby section and plus size section in my Kohl's

I hear you about the waiting - 7 days to go for me and it seems to be going so slowly. I have gone back and forth about the Doppler as well - I just know if I can't get it to work for some reason I will send myself into a crazy panic so I decided it was best not to risk it. I *think* I might be feeling very occasional and very subtle flutters but am not 100% confident. I'm excited for some big kicks

26. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@lauren0817: for some reason, luggage was also between plus size and baby at my store, and maternity was on the other side of luggage. lol

They probably actually have a TON of clothes, but they're so cramped/packed on the 4-6 racks they have that it's so hard to sort through anything.

That's what I originally thought about the doppler (the fear of not finding anything). But I feel like at this point, my uterus is up high enough that it shouldn't be as hard to find the baby. But that's probably still what's keeping me from ordering it. I certainly don't need more stress!

27. travellingbee

@lauren0817: well not puking but not great... It's taking forever to get over this thing since I'm still so "morning sick" too.

28. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@lauren0817: Also, aren't you in MD?

I was just talking to a pregnant friend in MD about maternity clothes and saw something on FB about the tax free holidays coming up (I'm in VA, but thought MD had one around the same time, and it does). I'm pretty sure it covers all clothes, so you might want to buy just essentials now and really stock up the week of Aug. 9.

29. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: haha I think the luggage must be behind the baby stuff in my store. Yes those racks were packed! I just dug through everything like a maniac I had just come from Old Navy where it looked like a bomb went off in the maternity section so it was one if those days where I really had to dig through stuff. At least everything at kohls was hanging unlike ON where things were thrown on a table (or on the floor) - it was a mess!

Very good point about the Doppler - it should be much easier to use now My Dr used it at my last appt 3 weeks ago and it only took her about 20 sec to find the heartbeat (granted I wasn't breathing for those 20 sec so it felt very long!)

30. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@littlebug: @travellingbee: I hope you feel better.

@lauren0817: I am still feeling pretty unwell, I have a pretty annoying cough. On the plus side my nausea seems to be dissipating, so hopefully when I get over this cold I will actually feel better.

31. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@mdf106: I'm coughing so hard so frequently that I sometimes worry I'm smushing the baby, ha! It's keeping me up at night. I'm exhausted. Yesterday it seemed like I was getting over it, but then I had a horrible night of sleep last night and I feel completely terrible again today. Being sick in the summer is awful...being sick in the summer when you're pregnant is just the.worst.

32. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@travellingbee: yeah I think any sickness just amplifies the pregnancy symptoms all over again hoping you can get some rest and be back to normal soon!

@mdf106: sending get well soon vibes your way! Less nausea does sound awesome though

33. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@MaryM: @lauren0817: Maternity in my Kohl's is in with the baby stuff. It's like 4 racks. I almost missed it entirely.

I got most of my maternity stuff from Old Navy and Gap. I'm pretty much set, but I'd like to get a pair of black skinny pants for work. You guys said you like Gap for that?

34. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: yep I'm in Baltimore Awesome thanks for letting me know! Now I have an excuse to buy more clothes yay!

@littlebug: ughh that sounds absolutely awful. I am so hoping you can get a good nights sleep tonight!

35. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@littlebug: Gap had several pair of skinny black pants (I don't like skinny so I didn't try any of them, but was disappointed they only had one pair of wide leg work pants!). They have a 40% off code online so you might want to try them on in the store but buy them online.

36. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@littlebug: also try loft maternity - I think I saw some skinny pants. I don't have any of their maternity stuff (yet) but I love their normal clothes. They have frequent sales so should be able to get 40-50% off

37. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@lauren0817: I never think of Loft for maternity, even though I love their non-maternity clothes! Thanks!

38. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@littlebug: I hope you feel better soon. I am also having trouble sleeping, which makes everything worse.

39. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

I wish I could relax. Every time I get close to an appointment (next one is August 5th, next Wednesday at 17 weeks) I get really anxious that there won't be a heartbeat or something will be wrong I know the risk of anything going wrong is low, but being in the infertility/TTC community for so long coupled with being a pediatric nurse, I feel like I'm just inundated with all the sad information and it's hard to NOT think about things going wrong. Most days I am enjoying pregnancy, don't get me wrong, just once in a while these thoughts creep up on me.

I have felt some movement but it's very slight and subtle and I am not sure if it actually IS baby movement or in my head or just other bodily functions going on, lol.

40. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@littlebug: I feel like I have a chronic sinus infection! My left ear has been clogged off and on (mostly on ugh) for the past month. I went to the doctor twice now and they don't see any reason for it except saying it could be fluid fluctuations that are just occuring due to pregnancy.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee