Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@oliviaoblivia: I feel the EXACT same way. We told SOs parents and they didn't even really acknowledge it.

I'm telling my mom next week (we're going for a visit & she's been away overseas since May) and I am sooooo nervous for her reaction. I feel like I disappointed everyone with getting pregnant so soon after lo#2. Even though that's silly and this baby is very wanted/half planned.

It just sucks.

ETA: I say "half planned" because we were just NTNP, not doing anything super technical with TTC.

2. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@oliviaoblivia: I'm sorry your family can't fake excitement better. My brother has 9 kids (13 and under) and my SIL gave up announcing to her family after the third. They were so negative and not excited so she started just having the older kids tell them. She ends up being really happy that we (my mom and I) can still be excited for babies! I hope you can find your cheerful support soon!

3. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@lauren0817: it ended up being fine. I guess I put the fear of God in the coworker I figured would spill it. Lol. I talked to her at the end of the day and said I figured for sure she would have let it slip.

4. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@oliviaoblivia: I'm sorry your family isn't excited about it. I'm an Irish twin and my mom says it's just like everything else - you figure out a routine and you'll survive it, even enjoy it. And I hope the next US goes well and everything is fine.

5. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@oliviaoblivia: I'm so sorry to hear you don't have a lot of happy support! I honestly can't imagine that. Then again, a lot of people around me kind of seem to think that a women's great aspiration and most important purpose is to be a mother multiple times over, so.... there's that other side of things! I REALLY hope your family and friends turn around soon.

6. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

BAHAHAHA. So I finally announced on facebook today, with an announcement picture and then changed my cover photo to a belly bump progression picture. Oh my gosh, the replies!! Some people have no tact! I'm not offended at all, but just a bit taken aback! Here's the first 4 comments, and I'm only 13 weeks:
    Person 1: Omg! You are really showing already! So excited for you!
    Person 2: Twins?!
    Person 3: Jeeze.
    Person 4: Oh my goodness!! Wahoo!!

7. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@sera_87: @MaryM: @mrs.shinerbock: @DesertDreams88: thanks ladies. Fortunately my sisters and parents are beyond thrilled. Hopefully everyone else gets in board by the time baby arrives.

8. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@oliviaoblivia: reading your comment was heartbreaking. I hate that people are not cheering beside you during this pregnancy. Don't apologize for unloading! You don't have to feel chipper and happy all the time being pregnant. God knows I've been a miserable person for most of this pregnancy so far. It's also just different with second pregnancies. People don't get as excited, and it's hard on the parents too because we're already so run-down and fatigued from having a baby that it can be challenging finding that excitement. Well, we are all very thrilled for you here at HB, especially on this board and I think Irish twins are amazing. They will be so close. If my body could have done it, I would have gone for it. A friend of mine has three under three (boys!). The second and third were conceived when the preceding baby was just under three months old. It was tough but she figured it out and the three brothers are so close and adorable! And the mom--well, she's just a super duper mom because nothing phases her anymore and we all learn so much from her. Hang in there momma!

9. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@SupernovaJ: thanks! My oldest will turn three 12 days before this one is due. I'm escaping three under three by only a few days.

10. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@oliviaoblivia: that's amazing, I had no idea you had an older one too. Ahh, you are so well prepared then.

11. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@sera_87: I don't mind at all thank you!

I'm jealous of the ladies who've felt movement so far! Im still waiting

12. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

Our announcement went public this morning-

So hard to get him to cooperate lately. I could t get him to sit near the pretty flowers. He would only sit by the dirty garage door.

13. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

@travellingbee: So cute! DD's 3rd bday is next weekend and I'm thinking of doing a joint birthday/baby announcement on the same day.

14. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@oliviaoblivia: I am hoping for good news soon about your NT test results - I know false positive results are pretty common and I have heard of so many women that have had a higher measurement and everything turns out to be completely fine!

It's really tough when family aren't supportive and say rude things - I am really sorry you are dealing with that. I hope that the initial comments are out of the way and now everyone can just be excited for you! It will be wonderful to have two little ones so close in age - they will be best friends

15. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: happy to hear everyone behaved! I don't know why people love to blab about someone else's business!

16. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@DesertDreams88: yikes - people are nuts!!! I think this is why I'm holding off on the whole facebook announcement for as long as possible (if ever) - people just write the most random things. And just know that's its not you - I've see people write weird things on other announcements all the time - its almost like everyone is trying to be clever or something - just say congrats and move on people!

17. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@travellingbee: super cute announcement photo! Someone looks excited

18. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@sera_87: They changed my EDD to Feb 2, but if it's ok with you ladies I'm just gonna hang here!

19. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@lauren0817: I hope to not announce on FB either. DH has something obscene like 1,000 friends. I don't want all those people in my business!

20. travellingbee

@littlebug: of course!!

21. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

After a very uncomfortable commute home on Friday (even the rubber band trick was failing me!), I caved and went hunting for maternity pants.

then I called my mother to tell her I realize why my SIL has nine kids. Pregnancy jeans.

Omg. It's like not even wearing pants! I want to wear those forever!

22. travellingbee

@MaryM: They are wonderful, aren't they?

23. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@travellingbee: They were heavenly...until about 3 hours into a party when I could barely keep them up anymore.

24. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@MaryM: Totally agree! I tried on my first pair and thought - why aren't ALL pants like this?? It's heavenly!

25. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@MrsYellowJacket: I don't understand why people would want to get into pre-pregnancy clothes! lol

26. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@MaryM: Yeah, I have this problem with maternity jeans. I think it is because they are so heavy. I did have a pair of underbelly work pants that I never stopped wearing. Right now I am finding anything at all around my waist is uncomfortable, so I have been mostly in dresses.

27. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@mdf106: I'm hoping a trip through the dryer might help them a little? I think I'm right at the verge of "needing" maternity jeans too, so once there's more of a bump there might be more to hold them up.

28. travellingbee

@mdf106: Me too with the discomfort. I am in dresses mostly too. Even underwear is bugging me.

29. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Sigh. Had ultrasound today, felt like I was a freak for wanting to know the sex.

AND, holy hell, I am SO annoyed. We were running late so I had SO drop me off in front, and he went to park the car & get baby situated in the Tula. So he got there after they had started and some nurse wouldn't let him in the room!!!!!!
    WHAT. So he missed the entire exam.

Next time I told him to just say he was the father and walk right in. Ugh.

I did see 3 lines though, clear as day, so.......girl ?

30. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@sera_87: are both you kids boys? A girl would be so exciting!

My SIL (DH's sister) just called me to thank me for carrying her baby. Lol!

31. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@MaryM: yes I have two boys and this baby is our last regardless. So a girl would be really really awesome

32. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@travellingbee: so cute!!!

33. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

5 weeks to go until I know the little munchkin's gender! I'm still thinking boy, DH thinks girl and everyone around me minus 2 or 3 people say boy too. I'm a planner so I can't wait to have the nursery started, lol!

Is anyone else getting headaches? It's been really hot in the NJ/NYC area this week but these headaches are driving me nuts, and not even Tylenol has helped although I've only taken it once, I don't want to keep trying it. I tried some half-caf coffee, that didn't really work either. It feels mostly like tension. I went for a prenatal massage last week and the pressure is so light that it didn't do much except get me a good nap.

34. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

Also, not sure if anyone else has names picked, but our girl name has always been "Charlotte Grace". Well, princess Kate named her daughter Charlotte so now it's growing in popularity. I kind of don't care, but DH does and now is insisting we cannot name our child that Ugh.

35. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@kristinleigh: I was getting horrible sinus headaches for a while. It was storming every day in DC and the pressure from the weather was NOT helping!

Sleeping with nose strips has helped some, and nasalcrom spray helped too (and it's only category B). I tried sudafed, but it makes me crazy!

36. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@travellingbee: adorable.

I feel like i have missed so much on this board being away for 5 days. I have my third appointment today (Iam almost 15 weeks). Super nervous, as always, its been about 5 weeks since my last appointment and I have a tendency to think the worst.

Still no baby wiggles for me as far as I can tell. I know they say for second pregnancies moms may feel them sooner but I feel just as in the dark this time, just waiting.

37. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@SwanSong: I feel the same way between appointments. It's been 2 weeks since I had one and I have 2 weeks to go. It feels like FOREVER!

38. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@SwanSong: me either, I've even tried lying on my back and being very still, since that's how I felt them last time, but no luck.

Went to the dr - heartbeat now 151. Everything looks good so far. Have our anatomy scan set for 8/28.

39. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I have 2 more weeks left of summer break and it's 100+ degrees here so I've been living in my 2 pairs of sized-up shorts Once work starts I'll live in my stretchy or loose skirts/dresses, of which I have a ton. Sometime in Sept or October I'll have to get some work pants, though.

As for gender, we find out in 2 weeks! I posted some pics of my 13 week ultrasound to see what HB-ers guesses would be, and the votes were something like 12 boy, 12 not sure, and 3 girl.... so.... I've been thinking boy, haha. My best friend is having a boy in November so that would be cool. But a girl would be awesome too.

Some headaches over here too! Mostly helped by constantly, constantly drinking water... also half cans of soda.

40. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@kristinleigh: I've been having headaches too! If I'm someplace where I can lay down in a dark room & apply pressure (I put my forearm over my eyes and press down), they will go away. But if I'm at work or something I just have to take a Tylenol. My midwife office have Tylenol on the "approved medications" list & I plan to ask at my next appointment if I need to do something else. My husband suggested drinking some Gaterade each day, because maybe I need the electrolytes? I think it's hormones.

My belly is not even that big (I look like I did at 4-5 months last time & I'm 3.5 months), but I keep bumping it into EVERYTHING. I constantly have water on my shirts from sinks and today I ended up getting paint on my dress! It's ridiculous. .

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee