Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@kristinleigh: I could have written your post!

I go in next Wednesday too (I'll be 17 weeks on Thursday).

I so desperately wish I could be someone who can be innocently and blissfully excited!

The anxiety is KILLER the closer the appointment. That's just seems so backward! I should be relieved it's only one more week away!

2. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@MaryM: Ugh I know! I just wish I would relax. I'm sure everything is fine but I'm still freaked out.

The other thing is I haven't gained any weight and people around me keep getting on my case.. "Oh the baby won't grow" or stupid things like that. My past doctor and my now midwife says it's FINE and they would like me up a pound or two by my next visit (so within a 4 week period they wanted that) but they aren't concerned. And I tell people who comment on my weight that and they just roll their eyes and say "Well I know that *I* gained like 10 pounds by this time.." like okay, good for you. So I just let them in my head a bit and that plays into my fears too, I think.

Can't wait to hear how your appointment goes!! We find out the gender August 25th (4 weeks from today!) and I'm really convinced it's a boy.

3. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@kristinleigh: ME TOO!!!

No one has commented on it yet (probably because not everyone knows I'm pregnant yet), but I fluctuate between being the exact same weight as when I found out I was pregnant, or being up to 2 lbs less than then.

I haven't been "sick," but I've been on progesterone and I think it killing my appetite has just made me eat less than I used to? But I don't feel like I'm eating that much less!

But I worry myself about not gaining weight (not that I ever thought i'd be worried about that!)

I wasn't concerned in the first trimester, but now that I'm into the second I'm starting to fear that wall falling down and it all catching up with me!

4. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@MaryM: Oh good that makes me feel better!

I'm worried about it all catching up at once too. I have a history of severe anorexia so my weight has always been an issue, but I've been in solid recovery for over a year now and I'm worried if I gain a bunch of weight all at once, rather than steadily, it will freak me out a lot I still see a therapist and everything just to be safe and of course I put the baby before my weight, but I feel like people who know my history are thinking that this is all eating disorder related and me NOT wanting to gain weight, when I really wish I would gain a bit!

5. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@kristinleigh: This is my third pregnancy and I've never gained any weight before 20 weeks. I'm sorry people are so dumb and putting their noses where they don't belong.

6. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

My MaterniT21 test results are in. My OB's office called me this afternoon. Everything is negative, so that's good. She wanted to give me the gender over the phone, but I want to be with Hubs when I find out. I asked her to email them to me and she couldn't (unsecure) but offered to fax them since I have access to a secure fax at work. My coworker pulled them off the fax and they're now sitting folded up in my bag on the floor at my feet! ACK!!!! I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next 2 hours until I get home!!!!!

7. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@littlebug: soooo excited for you!!!! Will you tell us right after you and DH read it?!
    We aren't supposed to get our harmony results for another week. Dying.

8. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@littlebug: That's so exciting! I'm not sure I'd be able to wait...

9. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@littlebug: Ahh!! Can't wait to hear! Do you have any guesses?

10. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@oliviaoblivia: @MaryM: @kristinleigh: You guys will be (among) the first to know!

@kristinleigh: I'm guessing girl, just because this pregnancy has been soooo different from my first. Plus, I feel like I'm expanding all around, not just in my belly, like I was with D.

11. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM and @kristinleigh: I so understand about the pre-appointment anxiety! I am still so worried about the baby even though things have been very normal over here recently. I am anxiously awaiting our next appointment (on Monday)! I am trying to do things that I previously was nervous to do like starting a baby quilt or going to a prenatal yoga class - I think doing these things is helping me to focus more on the excitement and less on the scary unknowns. Is there something you have been holding back on doing that you could do this week?

Even though you haven't gained weight, I'm sure your body is already changing quite a lot and the weight gain will naturally come eventually It seems like pregnant women can never make everyone happy - we gain too little or too much or do something else someone doesn't like - ahhh! As long as the doctor says everything is okay that is all that matters!

12. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

IT'S A GIRL!!

13. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@littlebug: Yay!!

14. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@littlebug: yay!!! Congrats

15. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@littlebug: that's awesome!!! Congrats!!!

16. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@littlebug: Congratulations! So exciting!!!

17. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@littlebug: Congratulations!

18. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@littlebug: Congratulations!

19. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@littlebug: YAY! congrats!

Y'all, I think I broke a hip in my sleep. Maybe that's a little dramatic, but my pelvic area was pretty sore last night and it hurt to roll over...until I rolled over once and felt and heard a pop. then it felt SO much better!

But today, my right pelvis is more sore. ugh! It's too early for this!

20. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: ugghh that sounds awful! Hope you can get some rest today and that will help

21. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@marym: I've been dealing with a lot of hip bone pain due to poor posture on vacation (sleeping in uncomfy places, sitting for long periods of time, etc) I know more movemnt/exercise would help, but it's hard when your hips feel like they are splitting apart....! Which, they probably are....

22. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@DesertDreams88 and @marym: just curious - what does it feel like? Does it hurt on the front or the sides? I just like to prepare myself for any new things that could be coming since I am easily freaked out by anything new Hope you're both feeling better soon!

23. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

Question for everyone (especially for moms that have done this before!) - when do you start registering/shopping for baby stuff? Right now I am just so overwhelmed by all of the big purchases (like the stroller, car seat, furniture, etc) - I mean how do you ever choose?! I feel like its still so early, but then again I know time does fly I love to research stuff so I'm sure I'll drive myself somewhat crazy looking into everything Any tips would be very much appreciated!

24. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

I tend to feel nervous before appointments, especially right before or at the appointment before hearing the heartbeat or getting an ultrasound, even though I don't have any reason to be especially nervous.

@lauren0817: Last time, I started registering/buying stuff after my anatomy scan, which was around 21 weeks. I tend to research stuff pretty heavily, and I used a combination of the book Baby Bargains, Lucy's list, and amazon reviews to decide what to get. I also looked at Consumer Reports for carseat and stroller reviews. For furniture, DH and I chose based on a combination of looks and price. One think to keep in mind, is that the baby needs very few things right away, and you can always buy more or different things after the baby is born.

25. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: Since I've been up and moving around a little more, it's a lot better. I think I must have just slept funny?

But the popping when I rolled over was crazy. Not long before that I had the WORST RLP I've experienced. I innocently turned over and then was gasping for air.

@lauren0817: It's been on the sides. Sort of where my ovaries are (or I guess were? I imagine they move up with the uterus) right behind the pelvic bones.

I haven't done this before, but I'm also planning to wait until after the anatomy scan to buy/register for anything. I've been tempted to get some gender neutral stuff, but then I think that would be silly when we're planning to find out.

I don't think I'd have a shower before November anyway, and the scan will be in the beginning of September, so I'll have all of October to figure out what we want and need. And furniture wise, I don't think we'll be getting too much new. I plan to use a dresser we already have and use it as a changing table and we've had so many friends offer us their stuff, so I think a bassinet, crib, and pack and play will probably be it for us (my mom already offered to get the high chair)

26. travellingbee

@lauren0817: After the anatomy scan I registered for my first.
    My anatomy scan is coming up on Monday! I Feel so terrible but I'm trying to keep my eye on the milestones. And just get through each day.

27. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@mdf106: thanks for the great tips!! I have a few more weeks for the anatomy scan (my Dr wants to do it as close to 20 weeks as possible), so I guess that means I should start thinking about all of this soon I'm going to try to remember that the baby doesn't need 4 million things and we can buy stuff later!!

28. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: thanks for filling me in! It makes me so much better to hear about all the normal things that can (and probably will) happen so I know what to expect!

That is so great you have so much baby stuff from friends!! I think registering will be a fun fall project

@travellingbee: so exciting that your scan is so soon!! Let us know how it goes Hope you start to feel a bit better soon as well!

My Dr is making us wait until the 20th week (they don't like to do it any earlier) so I have 3 more long weeks Good to know that I'm right on track with all of this registering stuff - I go back and forth between "oh I have plenty of time" to "eekk shouldn't I be doing something?"

29. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@lauren0817: We didn't start any registries at brick and mortar stores until after the anatomy scan when we found out the sex. I had been putting things on my Amazon wishlist as I came across cool stuff, but I moved it to an Amazon registry after that so I could get the Amazon Mom completion discount.

One thing to keep in mind - a lot of stuff is used for such a short period of time that you can get almost new stuff on Craig's List or a local FB group for less than half the price. Bumbo-type seats, snap and go strollers, swings and bouncers are all usually really good deals.

ETA - one thing we should have ordered earlier than we did was our nursery furniture - it didn't come in until after LO was born. Not a huge deal since she was in a mini crib in our room for the first 5 months anyway, but if you are planning on putting them into a crib quickly, make sure to order it early.

30. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

My Dr won't do my anatomy scan until after 20 weeks because I'm overweight, so mine isn't until 8/28. I guess we will just wait nervously until then.

31. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@lauren0817: Well, we haven't actually received stuff (though one friend offered us a box of size 1 diapers last week), but most of our friends are done having kids, so they've said they're happy to pass stuff on. DH and I aren't proud or picky and would be happy with hand me downs, but I'm also not one to ask for them, so it will probably be a matter of if they offer again (most offered when we told them we were pregnant)

My scan is at 20 weeks too, and I won't be there until Aug. 27. If we keep my appointments at every four weeks I won't have the scan until Sept. 2, but I'm hoping maybe if I say that day isn't best, I can push it back to earlier.

My whole schedule got thrown off when I had to have the follow up for the SCH. Since then they've been having me come back every 4 weeks, but I'm off by a week. So I've gone at 13 instead of 12, etc.

32. travellingbee

I was surprised they are doing mine at 18 weeks but that's the way the appointments fell so she said it's fine. I'm glad it'll be done before I go back to work though so I won't have to take time. I'm curious to see if he's still measuring big.

33. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: that's a great idea! I know there are a bunch of local Facebook groups for baby stuff, but I haven't really started browsing yet. I guess once I start to figure out what we want to buy then I can be on the lookout for some goodies I need to check out Amazon Moms as well - I love the sound of a discount!

I will be waiting for that anatomy scan right with you I was surprised that they only gave me a one week window - I guess they just fit everyone in. Ours is on the 19th.

34. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@travellingbee: my last doctor (we recently changed) said 18-22 weeks, but this doctor just said 20 weeks and that was it I'm sure it will be an awesome day!

35. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: I'm sure all of those goodies will be arriving soon! It is a win-win for everyone - you get some great stuff to use and they can clear out some space

My appointments are all messed up as well since I stayed with my RE until 9 weeks and then saw the OB right before 10 weeks. I am actually going to the hospital for my ultrasound so I will keep my normal doctor's appointment schedule and then just have an added appointment for the ultrasound. At my last appointment, the doctor said it was up to me and I could come back in 4 weeks or after my anatomy scan at 20 weeks, but at that point I was almost 14 weeks and that was WAY too long to wait so I just made the 4 week appointment I can't imagine waiting ANOTHER 3-4 weeks ahh!

36. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I just got another quote from a daycare.

And suddenly felt like throwing up.

37. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@travellingbee: my Dr said that normally its between 18-24 weeks, but since I am overweight we had to wait until at least 20 weeks. I'll be 21w 5d when we do mine. My last doc never said anything, just told me a date to come back.

38. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@MaryM: Yeah. Try not to read the articles out there with the titles, "Here's what a year of daycare tuition could buy you instead..." It'll make you want to stab someone.

39. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@littlebug: I've already done too much math. It's more than a year of tuition at a pretty nice college or university...

(like $5K more than a state school)

40. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@MaryM: to have my three in daycare would be $5700/month. Having a live in nanny is the only way for us to do it. As it is I'll probably be taking the next couple years off from work.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee