Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@brady80: thank you so much for sharing what you went through - it is so reassuring to hear that so many ladies had some sort of pregnancy scare and everything turned out to be fine. Boy is it scary though!! I am so hopeful that everything will be just fine - now I just need to keep trying to make that hope and positivity bigger than the fear and uncertainty

2. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@travellingbee: thank you so much! Yeah it's been a rough week over here I am feeling a lot more hopeful though and just trying to stay strong for this little baby girl who is already so loved and adored

3. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: haha gas during pregnancy is the real deal! Happy to hear you and baby girl are doing well

4. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@lauren0817: I never did prenatal yoga, but I saw a chiropractor who specialized in pregnancy manipulations, and it was a game-changer. I'm super bummed that my new insurance doesn't cover chiropractics at all, because I have a feeling I'm going to need it again.

@cvwood: Congrats on your baby boy!

5. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@littlebug: oohh awesome - I'll need to look into that! My insurance covers acupuncture, but I'm not sure about chiropractors.

6. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@lauren0817: I found mine through this website. http://icpa4kids.org/Find-a-Chiropractor/ Change the drop-down box to Webster Certified Chiropractors. I saw her usually 2x/week, and it not only helped with all the aches and pains but it increased my energy level, which I really needed towards the end!

7. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@littlebug: oh thank you! That sounds amazing - fewer aches and more energy WOW!! I'll take it

8. bisous

persimmon / 1304 posts

I have been keeping up when I can but don't have much time to post! I am still here though!

@sera_87: Glad to hear ultrasound showed all is normal. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Truly hoping for a smooth and healthy rest of pregnancy for you!

@lauren0817: Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, too. I am glad the accident was minor but I can understand the stress that comes with being told your baby has a heart defect. Lots of positive thoughts your way.

We had our 20 week US this week and it was fun! I can't remember being as excited with our US for DD, but seeing all the organs and body parts was so cool! All seems to be good and we learned we are having a girl!!!!

Sisters! Yay! I really thought it was a boy but I am seriously thrilled as I am one of two girls and my sister and I are super close. So excited for the potential for two sisters who could be as close as we are.

9. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Updated list; I think I got everybody. Let me know if I missed anyone.

January 2016 moms!

January 3: Gracecat (#2)
    January 4: travellingbee (#2) , Karen (#2), worrywart (#2)
    January 5: lalalove (#2)
    January 6: Mermaidri (#1), lauren0187 (#1)
    January 8: sera_87 (#3) , civicMom15 (#2)
    January 9: Mrs.Shinerbrock (#2) , smith (#1)
    January 10: queensbee (#2) , Mrs.Grapefruit (#1), rsmom (#2)
    January 11: pui (#2)
    January 13: Chitownro (#2), Kristinleigh (#1) , swansong (#2), kimberlybee (#2) , brady80 (#2)
    January 14: marym (#1)
    January 15: Joyfulkiwi (#2)
    January 16: Supernovaj (#2) , nycbee (#2)
    January 17: MDF106 (#2)
    January 19: MrsYellowJacket (#1 AND #2!!) , cvwood (#2), , swoggette (#3), desertdreams88 (#1)
    January 20: Oliviaoblivia (#3)
    January 22: hiker85 (#1), raintreebee (#2)
    January 24: amanda88 (#2)
    January 28: bisous (#2)
    January 31: littlebug (#2)

10. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Oh oh! last night SO and I were lying facing each other and baby started kicking & SO actually felt it too! First time

11. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@sera_87: how exciting, can't wait for that! He sometimes puts his hand on my bump if we're cuddling, but LO hasn't cooperated with timing

12. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

We finally get to see Babygirl again tomorrow! I'm so excited to see how she's developing and get some photos! Last pregnancy I had ultrasounds every 2 weeks, so the past 10 weeks have felt like an eternity!

13. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@MaryM: I am SO glad we found out. Since we kind of know what to expect this time, I wanted to be able to make sure that we get everything ready in advance and knowing the sex makes that so much easier. The neutral clothes get boring! Plus, I was hoping for a girl and was afraid I'd be REALLY disappointed if a boy came out after a long labor. This way, I'm way less emotional about it.

Being team green was fun last time, though! I just didn't want to do it again. Ha.

14. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

We got a good look at Babygirl today! She was a little uncooperative at first, and the tech had a hard time getting a good shot of her heart. When she was getting all the full-body profile shots and face shots, she had the hiccups! The tech kept saying she was a "beautiful girl to get pictures of," whatever that means. Anyway, she's measuring a few days big, so according to their measurements the due date is 1/29, but she doubts our OB will change her date from 2/2.

15. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@sera_87: Fun! My mom got to feel him for the first time this weekend. She was so excited!
    @littlebug: Aw. Sweet baby girl. I don't think they do usually change your date unless it's way off. This LO is also measuring to be due on 12/31 but they left mine at 1/4.
    @bisous: Congrats on another girl! We are having another boy and I love the idea of same sex siblings. Sounds fun!

16. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@bisous: thank you so much for sending positive thoughts my way! We have an appointment tomorrow and I am hoping and praying for good news.

Congratulations on your baby girl! So exciting!! I agree the 20 week ultrasound is so amazing - it was such an amazing day for us

17. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@sera_87: yay! baby kicks are amazing!! Hope your little man is doing well

@littlebug: so happy to hear your ultrasound went well! Haha our little one was slightly uncooperative as well - she kept rolling around and the technician had to move my bed in all of these crazy recline positions

18. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I'm heading back on Wednesday because baby girl hates mornings and photos as much as her mama. We didn't get a single straight on photo or profile.

I ate on the way to the US last time, I think I'll take breakfast with me this time so if she isn't moving, maybe some food will perk her up.

19. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: haha - they can be very stubborn! Try cold water or juice - I think the cold usually gets them going

20. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@lauren0817: I drank cold OJ on the way there last time, and nothing. That's why I think I need to take it with me.

And a bagel or something with cream cheese. Sugar doesn't always do anything (I ate a poptart last time and nothing!), but cream cheese seems to be enjoyed

21. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: haha baby already has strong food prefences Bagels have been on my cravings list lately - sooo good!!!

22. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

When I had my anatomy scan done, it was about an hour after eating my traditional morning breakfast of Cheerios... baby was really squirmy and the tech joked he liked my breakfast

Here's a delicious filling easy lunch/snack I've been enjoying lately... multigrain waffles with peanut butter! Just the frozen kind, pop em in the toaster, heat, spread peanut butter and enjoy!

Also, I'm getting a 3D ultrasound done at 26 weeks when I'm visiting my family across the country. I figured it would be a good way to involve them in the pregnancy, and hey, more ultrasounds?? Sounds good to me! However, the facility told me to not consume any caffeine for 4-5 days before the scan, as to improve the clarity of my amniotic fluid. That will be a bit difficult, with parent-teacher conferences until 7PM, cross country flights, and a baby shower all within the 5 days of the appointment!

23. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@DesertDreams88: multi-grain waffle with PB is what my daughter eats almost every morning.

24. travellingbee

@DesertDreams88: that's always been a pregnancy staple food of mine

25. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@DesertDreams88: oh wow I think I need to buy some waffles

Hope you get some great photos from your ultrasound!

26. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

Got the results from my 1-hr glucose test back today. I passed! The doctor from my last US was a bit worried because baby is measuring slightly big, so they had me take it at 22 weeks instead of 28. Hope I don't have to take it again.

27. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@sera_87: baby boy here!

28. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@SwanSong: congratulations on your baby !

29. travellingbee

@mrs.shinerbock: I'm dreading this in two weeks because I am still throwing up in the morning and they want me to fast. They told me to take zofran early and hope for the best.... Ugh. Glad you passed.

30. travellingbee

@SwanSong: Congrats!

31. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@SwanSong: congratulations on your baby boy!

32. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: I thought about that this morning, since Babygirl is also measuring a few days ahead. I have an OB appointment Thursday morning, so I'll have to ask about it.

33. Mermaidri

pea / 19 posts

@sera_87: i just saw the gender chart, im having a boy

34. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Yeah, I'm worried about the glucose test because I literally don't eat anything except for dairy and carbs... mostly carbs.... most whole grain but not always (doctor knows this, he is not concerned). Plus I'm HUGE. But baby is measuring on track and weight gain is standard so..... fingers crossed!

35. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Baby is weighing 236 grams. Needs to be at least 500grams to be viable.

Truly not sure I'm gonna make it....

36. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@sera_87: Keep hopeful and positive, love. I know it's hard but just try to channel positive vibes towards that beautiful baby you are growing. I will continue to pray for you. Sending you strength and love I cannot imagine how hard this is for you and I am not negating that at all, but all you can really do right now is keep hopeful. xoxox.

37. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@sera_87: so many hopes and prayers for you and your family.

38. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@sera_87: I'm so sorry to hear the news and that you're having a hard time believing and hoping for a good result. We're all cheering for you and baby!!

How big should baby be right now? Do you know how much weight they've been gaining each week, or is that something they haven't been tracking yet?

39. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@DesertDreams88: baby SHOULD weigh 500 grams at this point (that's why they say 24 weeks is viable; it's the weight not the age).

They haven't been really tracking weight as such as overall measurements. Those have been at least growing, albeit slowly.

Good news (? I guess) is that I've had two Innofer treatments and my iron has moved from mid 60s to high 70s. And I've started taking my innohep/fragmin again. Crossing my fingers when I go back in 2 weeks it somehow makes a difference.

40. travellingbee

@sera_87: I'm sorry you are feeling less optimistic. This is very stressful for you, I am sure. I will still hold out lots of hope for your little one. I hope he starts putting on weight and you can keep him in there as long as possible!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee