Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@mdf106: I think I'm like your husband in our relationship. I got full rights to name a girl (if it was a boy it would have been a III), but DH is pretty set with the name at the top of list (Virginia Jane, Gigi or Ginny for short). But I want to reserve the right to change my mind.

So if people ask him if we have a name picked out, he tells them. If they ask me, I say "We're considering Virginia Jane, but I'm totally sure"

I fear people monogramming things and then her not looking like a Gigi at all!

2. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@mdf106: Oh, that's such a good idea with the doll! My son has become totally obsessed with a book someone gave us about having a new baby in the house, so I'm hoping that's a good sign for the transition. We'll see how he feels when he gets moved out of his room in a month or two...

@MaryM: My middle name is Virginia and I always wished it was my first name! I support your choice.

3. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@cvwood: That's awesome! I know so few people with the name (there was one girl in my high school).

It was my great-aunt's name and she was like a third grandmother. She was very dear to all of us and doted on us kids so much. But she never married or had children of her own. My sister and cousin always said I was Giggie's favorite so I figure I'll prove it. lol

And Jane is DH's aunt who holds a similar role in his family.

4. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@MaryM: I plan to not tell anyone even if we decide for sure. I don't want anyone to talk us out of the name. Also, I really do not like using the name before the baby was born. Last time we were certain of the first name, although we decided between two middle names at the time of delivery.

@cvwood: We also have some books about a new baby that DS is really into. Of course, he also loves his potty books, and screamed the first time I put him on the potty... We plan to move DS to a new room and bed sometime in October or so.

5. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@mdf106: I HAD planned to not officially tell anyone, but I guess I didn't tell DH that soon enough...

He's not good with secrets. At all.

6. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@MaryM: My mom's name is Virginia! Her friends most call her Ginny, but her family has always called her Gina (pronounced like Ginny but with an "uh" at the end instead of an "ee"). The grandkids all call her Gigi.

7. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@MaryM: Virginia will be out little one's middle name if it is a girl, it was my husbands grandmothers' name. I love it!

8. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@mdf106: our son has had a baby doll for a while (since way before I was pregnant), but he could care less about it now! All he wants is the real baby aka my belly! He wants to hug & kiss & high 5 & give knuckle bumps to it. He's always telling me to do something for the baby: eat, drink water, read a story - he's worse than a doting husband!!

@MaryM: that name is beautiful! I had a great-aunt Virginia/Ginny. My husband and I plan to share our name pick but only if we're 100%, so that we don't care if people like it.

I shared our girls' name idea with my family over Skype this weekend and my mom made a face! I was like "mom I can see you!!" I was laughing, though, because I don't care if she doesn't like it (our first son's name is pretty unique). We have our scan Thursday. If it's a girl, she's Clementine. If it's a boy, we have no idea! I like Rowan, my husband likes Fritz.

9. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: My MIL made several comments when I told her names we were considering.

In a way, it made me want to consider those names even more! lol

10. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

We plan to name our son Granite, but have shared that with only a select few. He will be known as Grant to mostly everyone.

11. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

I have my 21 week follow up (I really wish my check ups fell on like 20, 24, 28, etc, but I'm a week off! Lol) tonight with my midwife but lately everyone has been commenting on "how low" I'm carrying. I didn't think it was abnormal or anything but now people are getting me concerned and someone said "Oh you will probably end up on bedrest" so I'm a little freaked out. Do I look low.. or normal.. or what?! I see my midwife tonight like I said but now I'm just spending my day worrying

Ignore my messy guest room.. house is under renovation so we are living pretty much our entire lives out of one bedroom right now! Ahh.

Also today is the 8 year "anniversary" of mine and DH's first loss. It was an unplanned pregnancy, I was only 20, but it doesn't make the sting any less. It's complicated today because while I'm sad about that, I'm so blessed to be carrying this little boy right now

12. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@kristinleigh: um, that comment would freak me out too! Some people have no tact and pretend they are doctors when they are not. Hopefully talking with your midwife can set your mind as ease. And, I'm a week off on my appt and annoyed too

13. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@kristinleigh: I think you just look pregnant, and I've never heard that carrying low makes you more likely to go on bedrest. Ugh, I had someone tell me when I was pregnant before that lifting my arms above my head would wrap the cord around my son's neck, and she presented it as if it was absolute fact. People really believe old wive's tales, ignore them and listen to your midwife exclusively.

14. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@kristinleigh: I think you look fine. Everyone carries differently. I had a friend who carried super low and needed to wear support belts because her doctor was worried about her putting too much strain on her hips, but her doctor never once mentioned having to go on bedrest because of it. People are stupid.

15. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@kristinleigh: you look pregnant to me. Most of the carrying low comments I've ever heard were about gender and we all know how much truth is in those old wives tales. My MIL is worried about me drinking iced drinks while pregnant because she thinks it will harm the baby. Just ignore it and if it really bothers you ask your midwife tonight.

My follow up anatomy scan is this afternoon so fingers crossed that they can see everything.

16. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@kristinleigh: I think you look normal, and I have never heard of a relationship between carrying low and needing bed rest or going into labor early. People like to comment on pregnant women. My appointments are every four weeks from the first appointment, whenever the first appointment is.

17. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Baby is completely normal. It's probably a placental issue - he's measuring consistently 3 weeks behind. And with every appointment there's a chance I'll walk in there and either be admitted for labour or a stillbirth. 😕

There's a 90% chance I will have an early baby. She wants to keep me pregnant until 28 weeks and every week after that is a bonus.

Uh guys? 28 weeks is the middle of October. And of course at 28 weeks there will be weeks of NICU time. Oh holy jeez yikes.

I think we've decided on a name too - Theodore Hendricks. I waffle between that and Patrick Delaney but SO doesn't like that as much.

18. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@kristinleigh: I think people just don't know what they're talking about. At 20ish weeks, the uterus only reaches to the naval anyway. You only look like you're carrying low because you don't have extra fat above your uterus to round the bump out!

@sera_87: I'm so glad he continues to develop and isn't falling further and further behind! Fingers crossed that he'll stay put as long as possible!

19. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@kristinleigh: I think you look like a completely normal pregnant lady I would ask your midwife to put your mind at ease, but I don't think there is any relationship between how you're carrying and bedrest (at least not that I've heard of). Hope your appointment goes well!

20. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@sera_87: so happy to hear that baby is healthy! I'm thinking of you and hoping for more good news soon. I can't even imagine how hard all of this must be - take care of yourself and we are all here to chat if you need us xx

21. smith

cherry / 154 posts

Just wanted to pop in and say HI, I've been sleeping and working (and eating, and watching a billion hours of "Bachelor in Paradise" and "Teen Mom," because duh) like a crazylady & I've missed all you lovely mommas and your fantastic updates. Catching up now, so forgive me if I respond to weeks-old posts and make everything super confusing.

Hope you're all doing well and staying cool. I'm basically a bundle of sweat all the time but THE BABY MOVED AND I FELT IT AND IT IS CRAZY AND GOOD AND WOW.

Happy September So nuts how quickly this whole pregnancy thing goes. Good juju to you all!

22. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@sera_87: Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I've been MIA a few days, work is just insane since I work at a University and all the student just came back and I just crash when I get home.

Anyway, Mondays ultrasounds went great. Everything is right on track. My husband and son both joined me and my little guy was so excited cause the baby kept waving his/her hand and he insisted that he/she was saying hi.

I have to go for a follow up ultrasound next week for another cervical measurement since the ultrasound tech wrote one number and then said it was another. They are concerned about an incompetent cervix so making sure the number is correct is important.

23. brady80

kiwi / 589 posts

Anyone have/had placenta previa? they discovered I have it during my 18 week u/s, so as of now I'll have a c-section at 38 weeks. my doctor said it could move. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this. my two friends who had it, did not move and had c-sections at 38 weeks.

24. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@brady80: I have this, but my OB thought the chances of it moving were extremely high. I will have a follow-up ultrasound at around 28 weeks.

25. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Quick question; if you were in my position, would you get a Doppler ?

26. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@sera_87: I think it depends on you mentally. Will it relieve or cause more anxiety? I held off even though I thought it might be relieving (because of devious loss) because I knew I'd freak out if I couldnt find the HB. But I know it's calming for some!

27. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@sera_87: that is a tough question (and one that I've thought about a lot). I went back and forth about getting one for awhile because I am so anxious after our previous loss and history of infertility. I ultimately decided that it would make more anxious if I couldn't get it to work or couldn't find the heartbeat right away - I made that decision during my first trimester though (10-12 weeks), so I think a doppler would be much much easier to use now. I would ask your doctor - at least they can maybe recommend a reputable brand you can use (I think you can even rent them). Maybe they can even show you how to use it which would be nice.

Hopefully you will start to feel movement soon and that will be reassuring as well. I am feeling kicks, but it definitely isn't all the time so I still have those anxiety spikes although overall I'm getting better. Let us know what you decide Thinking of you!

28. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@sera_87: I have a doppler and I used it every day weeks 9-13 and it calmed me down a bunch. I figured if I couldn't find the HB then, I'd just blame it on it being too early. However, when traveling in July, I didn't bring it bc if I couldn't find the HB, I'd not be able to see a doctor to relieve my worries. I haven't used it since, except I tried once around 18 weeks, and couldn't figure out where the baby was now, haha. Now that I'm feeling the baby move daily, I don't feel the need to check with the doppler. Are you feeling the baby move yet?

29. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

I guess if I were you I would probably get a Doppler... I personally did not but I had no medical reason to and knew it would make me crazy. I wish you weren't in that situation though.

Unrelated: we did confirm we are having a girl! And will have a scheduled repeat c sec in mid December.

30. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@lauren0817: @DesertDreams88: I have felt some but not with any consistency - I'm a bigger girl and have an anterior placenta so of course that doesn't help matters. 😕

31. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@brady80: My sister had full previa, so her cervix was completely covered. It moved a little bit but not enough for vaginal delivery. She had a c-section at 37 weeks.

32. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@sera_87: I think it depends on you. Personally I wouldn't, only because my midwife has had issues finding it since he squirms and moves so much and I get freaked out enough when she can't find it right away so I think I would scare myself and wind up in the ER or something every other day. If you think it would bring you more relief than anxiety, I would go for it. Are your appointments going to be more frequent because of being 3 weeks behind?? Maybe they can do biweekly appointments?

33. brady80

kiwi / 589 posts

@sera_87: I got a doppler for my first and it definitely helped with my peace of mind before I could feel the baby moving consistently. I used it less with this pregnancy, and will maybe use it once a week if I haven't felt any movement that day. At this point it is very easy to find the heartbeat. If you think it will ease your anxiety, I would get it, but if you think it will make you feel more anxious, skip it. You'll feel the baby move regularly very soon. You could also wait until your next appointment to see how long it takes your doctor to find it and pay attention to the position.

34. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@sera_87: yeah the anterior placenta makes it tough to feel very much at this stage. I would talk to your doctor - I know a lot of drs aren't thrilled about the idea of at home dopplers, but they also need to understand that this a scary time for you. Thinking of you

35. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

2nd round of amnio results came back & again, nothing showing as abnormal. So. I can't say "official" diagnoses yet but I'm pretty sure it's just plain ol IUGR.

Now deep breaths to make it another 2-3 weeks to safe zone.

PS: seriously, don't go into pregnancy with low iron. I have a feeling my levels of 73 (hemoglobin) and 3 (ferritin stores) caused all this mess. Thankfully I've started weekly transfusions of Inno-fer for the next 5 weeks.

36. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@sera_87: glad to hear there still seems to be no genetic issues. I had to have infusions with my first pregnancy too, and likely will with this one. I get bad acid reflux and my medications prevent me from absorbing iron from food and supplements. It's a pain, but not too big a deal. (And it did help me to feel less exhausted!)

37. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@sera_87: so glad everything is looking OK!

We received a really nice cradle/bassinet from friends today. I would have picked the same one out but probably not bought it because it's so expensive. It's making things feel more real!

38. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@sera_87: Glad the amnio results brought good news!

@MaryM: What a great gift!

I just took the plunge and ordered my first batch of cloth diapers! We used disposables for LO1 b/c we were living in an apartment when he was born, but I've always been curious to try cloth. Now that we're in a house, I decided to give it a go! I'm half excited and half terrified. Hopefully they will work for us!

I'm starting to feel pretty large. I have some maternity pants that I assumed would last for the entire pregnancy, but they are already tight! I have no idea how I am going to have enough clothes to wear until January!

39. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@QueensBee: we're just borrowing it (they plan to have another) but it's still really nice! Similar to this

40. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@queensbee: I just got half my stash this week and the other half is due to arrive next week! I am so excited! I really hope it will work out, they're so cute and it just fits our lifestyle so much better than disposable. We're doing half AIOS and half pockets. The AIOs are all Bumgenius, and the pockets are half BumGenius and half Applecheeks. The AC can also be used as a AI2 system I guess so I like the versatility. What diapers did you order?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee