Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@DesertDreams88: Ugh what a bad day, so sorry! Please take it easy if at all possible. You need to let your mind and body recover!

2. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@DesertDreams88: oh no! I'm so sorry! Glad it's the weekend and you can hopefully rest.

3. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@DesertDreams88: so scary! Take it easy this weekend. So glad everything's ok though.

4. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@DesertDreams88: glad you and baby are OK!

5. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Thanks for all the support, everyone. DH & I took it easy today - went on a movie & lunch date, cuddled and watched Netflix for a bit. Last night I didn't sleep very well, but that could just be the discomfort of the third trimester. Every time I wake up, I stay awake long enough to see if the baby will move - he usually does within a couple of minutes; and then I can fall back asleep. If not, usually getting up to go to the bathroom does the trick.

Anyone have any milestones or baby showers or anything they're looking forward to coming up?

@Sera_87: All the best thoughts and prayers for you, I think you have another big appt coming up this week if I remember correctly

6. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Being admitted for intense monitoring and baby will be here probably within next 24 hours via csection. Shit just got real.

7. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@sera_87: Keeping you and baby in my thoughts. Keep us posted!

8. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@sera_87: thinking of you

9. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@sera_87: that sounds so scary - I'm sorry. I'm thinking of you and baby today and hoping for good news soon.

10. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@DesertDreams88: I do the same thing and am always checking on baby during my nightly bathroom breaks. Happy to hear you had a nice quiet weekend! How are you feeling?

11. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@sera_87: thoughts and prayers

12. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@sera_87: good luck to you and the baby! You will be in my thoughts.

13. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@DesertDreams88: Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you had a restful weekend. Have a great week.

14. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@sera_87: Keeping you and your precious baby in my thoughts and prayers!

15. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@sera_87: best of luck to you all! May you be blessed with calm and wonderful doctors. Update when you can, we're all pulling for you and the LO!!

16. RsMom

cherry / 233 posts

@sera_87: Thinking of you.

17. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@sera_87: How scary, I am thinking of you.

18. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@sera_87: Oh, wow! Thinking of you and your family.

19. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@sera_87: thinking of you and baby!

20. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

@sera_87: Thinking of you and sending good thoughts!!

21. travellingbee

@sera_87: oh gosh! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!

22. travellingbee

Had my 30 weeks appointment and doc thinks he's head down! She said that is likely what has been causing those pains down in my pelvis. Hooray!

23. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

sigh.

stuck in monitoring limbo. I'm not even technically on bedrest. I'm just not allowed to leave and probably won't leave until baby makes its appearance.

I've gotten one shot of the lungs steroid, and some of the magnesium sulfate for the brain. Iron is finally over 100 though so that's awesome. I'll probably get another treatment while I'm here as well as blood thinners.

I'm in my favourite part of the hospital too - mom & baby. Thankfully my roommate seems to not have her baby with her (okay I know TECHNICALLY that's an awful thing to say, but in this case I'm gonna give myself a pass on that).

Boys are with my inlaws, SO is staying here with me (poor guy but I don't really want him to leave just yet), and my mom (who lives 7ish hours away) is going to leave tomorrow afternoon to be here. I already made burial plans (if needed) last week so that's in place.

NICU doesn't want me delivering. at 410 grams the risk is simply too great and the risk of baby having a severe physical or mental handicap is pretty high too. The doc was advocating for me to try an induction first because a c-section at 21-22 weeks (the size of the baby) is pretty risky. I didn't like him much. He actually said "if we do an induction and he actually survives labour then we know he has a little "extra" something and might do well afterwards".
    I just.......what? seriously? you actually just said that? *massive side eye* Also once he goes off shift I'm just going to get another doctors opinion on what we should do anyways so.....yeah.

So that's the info; as to how I'm feeling ..... right now, I'm just thinking it's best to think as if we won't be able to bring this baby home. Sucks, and I'm kinda mourning the name we chose, even though that IS his name. It just sucks that I won't ever get to really "use" it. OK, maybe that was weird to say? or an odd thing to be focusing on....but it's there.
    And I'm also mourning the fact that if this one doesn't make it, then that's it for babies for me for at least another 3 years (due to personal life stuff, etc). When you're all ready for another child to join your family, knowing you have to wait a freaking long time for that to happen just sucks.

24. travellingbee

@sera_87: oh I'm so sorry! How stressful this all is. I hope that little one hangs on! What prompted all of this? Did you start having contractions or was there suddenly more stress on baby?

25. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@travellingbee: baby only grew 47 grams in the last 2 weeks.
    The blood flow to the baby and amniotic fluid aren't doing so well, and I've noticed a decrease in baby's movements over the last 24 hours. Actually, I had all but convinced myself he had already passed away before my appointment this morning.

there's a bit of amniotic fluid around the baby's heart too but I haven't heard much about it other than in passing. *shrug* so I have no idea what's really going on with that. Oh! and I forgot to mention, baby's (OF COURSE) breech too. YAY ME.

26. travellingbee

@sera_87: yeah it'd be likely he was breach at his size because his head isn't heavy yet enough to pull him down. I honestly can't imagine what you are going through. The anxiety of the whole situation and for how long you have been enduring the stress is just... Ugh. I'm so so sorry. I just keep believing it will all be ok. Fight buddy!

27. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@sera_87: sorry to butt in, just wanted to comment on the fact your babe is breech! My friend delivered a 23-24 weeker recently in Halifax (you're in Canada right?) and her babe was breech and she delivered vaginally. The doctor told her that a vaginal birth is much better for the baby's head than a c/s. Just thought I'd mention it in case it was an option

Sending you positive thoughts. I'm a NICU nurse and we see tons of IUGR babies. The smallest babe I've seen was 355g at 29 weeks. If you ever want to chat, PM me! Good luck!

28. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@sera_87: I'm so sorry to hear about everything you're going through. I am thinking of you and baby and hoping and praying for good news tomorrow.

29. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@QBbride: totally just pmed

30. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

Crap :(. Thinking of you and hoping for the best. So sorry you have to go thru any of this.

31. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

So I had a follow-up level 2 ultrasound to examine the baby's heart arrhythmia, and met with the perinatologist. Like @lauren0817 , the it is due to premature atrial contractions, which is "very common." The perinatologist didn't see the need to escalate to a fetal cardiologist, he just recommended weekly or biweekly monitoring by Doppler. The main purpose is just to make sure that the arrhythmia doesn't increase in severity and the heart rate stays in a safe zone. They say that it is extremely rare for this to develop into a significant issue. I'm fine with the management plan and feeling a whole lot more peaceful about the whole thing, though obviously wish the arrythmia didn't exist.

In other news, the baby is head down, weighs three pounds, and looks to be due within 4 days of my due date. Sounds good to me. 28 weeks down, 12 more to go.

32. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@DesertDreams88: it sounds like your appointment went well - so happy to hear the great update My doctor recommended the same thing (weekly Doppler checks), but now we are doing weekly ultrasounds after our hospital visit a couple of weeks ago. Keep us updated - looking forward to more good news soon

Today was a hectic day over here Starting last night I feel like baby has been less active - I have felt her moving, but I definitely felt like she wasn't as active. We had a biophysical profile at the hospital this afternoon - thankfully baby looks happy and healthy and I guess was just having a quiet day. I'm relieved and trying to relax after lots of stress. Of course my hubby is away for work so that didn't help my stress levels either. Also baby has gone from head down to breech between Mon and today - I felt her flip and it really hurt! Hoping she goes back to head down soon

33. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

Passed my GD test that i had yesterday, so relieved. I had to take the three hour test with my first and was dreading doing that again. I ended up taking the rest of yesterday off of work, and I finally unpacked, washed, and put away the newborn clothes. Will be setting up the bassinet this weekend (and hopefully finding the bassinet sheets...) I just want it all done by 30 weeks.

At this point I have an appointment every two weeks moving forward so I am thinking the rest of the pregnancy is going to fly by.

34. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

Passed my GD test on Tuesday. Later in the day I had my fetal echo, which my doctor wanted to get done because of D's history with ASD. It was nearly 2 hours long!!! But preliminary review is that everything looks good and there are no concerns about her heart. Of course, at this stage, all babies have an opening on the atrial septum, so we wouldn't know if she has ASD yet, but at least they've ruled out any other congenital cardiac issues.

D has his surgery at CHOP next week. I've not allowed myself to really think about it too much yet, because if I do, I break down. I have a feeling day of I'm going to be a mess. More and more I wish we would have scheduled this sooner in the year rather than waiting until I'm 27 weeks pregnant and at the peak of my hormonal/emotional roller coaster!

35. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Oh oh! I did my a1c & gbs swab - both negative. Yay for any shred of good news

36. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

My placenta previa resolved, the baby is head down, and I passed my gd test. The baby is measuring huge, though, almost three weeks ahead.

37. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

I passed my second 1-hr GD test, but the US doc still wants to monitor me because the baby is measuring large and they think I will deliver early. I have my fingers crossed to make it to New Years - I really don't want to deliver between Christmas and NY.

38. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: My doctor also thinks I will deliver early, due to size.

39. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@sera_87: hurray for good news! AND baby is still in there growing!

Glad to hear so many mommies passed their GD tests & are doing well. I have an ultrasound appointment in a few hours. I'm interested to see what position she's in - I felt a LOT of big movements last week & I've been poking around trying to figure out if she's head down. Also, I think we chose a name! It was our original pick, Clementine. Now we just need a middle name

40. travellingbee

@lauren0817: How scary. Glad everything is OK. I have had a few freak out moments about movement, but then he starts rocking and rolling again.

@SwanSong: @littlebug: @mdf106: Yay for passed GD tests!

@sera_87: Glad you've gotten SOME good news!

@mdf106: Wow that is big! This LO is consistently about a week ahead, but I think DS was too and he went late anyway. So I am not planning on going early. But new years would be nice. I'm due 1/4

@JoyfulKiwi: Cute name. I think we have unofficially decided on Liam (William) I hate the uncertainty and just want to make a decision but DH is a procrastinator and would rather avoid the decision.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee