Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: Internet ate my response. How far ahead is baby measuring?

2. travellingbee

We need to repost this:

January 2016 moms!
    January 3: Gracecat (#2)
    January 4: travellingbee (#2) , Karen (#2), worrywart (#2)
    January 5: lalalove (#2)
    January 6: Mermaidri (#1), lauren0187 (#1)
    January 8: sera_87 (#3), civicMom15 (#2)
    January 9: Mrs.Shinerbrock (#2), smith (#1)
    January 10: queensbee (#2) , Mrs.Grapefruit (#1).
    January 11: pui (#2)
    January 13: Chitownro (#2), Kristinleigh (#1), swansong (#2), kimberlybee (#2) , brady80 (#2)
    January 15: Joyfulkiwi (#2)
    January 16: Supernovaj (#2) , nycbee (#2)
    January 17: MDF106 (#2)
    January 19: MrsYellowJacket (#1 AND #2!!) , cvwood (#2), swoggette (#3), desertdreams88 (#1)
    January 20: Oliviaoblivia (#3)
    January 22: hiker85 (#1), raintreebee (#2)
    January 24: amanda88 (#2)
    January 28: bisous (#2)
    January 31: littlebug (#2)

Who did I miss?

3. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@travellingbee: my due date is right on the list, and I'm having a girl My husband is a procrastinator/being wishy-washy about names too. I've been badgering him, so he was like "okay, let's use the name for a trail basis." I hope it sticks.

We had a 3D ultrasound today - it was so cool! I think she will look like my son did when he was born, except with chubbier cheeks!

4. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

Who are these babies that choose to come out early due to their larger size?! I'm glad my doctor never told me that, because DD1 was measuring like 2-3 weeks big the whole time (her sizing ultrasound was spot on) and still chose not to come out early, not on time, but instead 3 weeks late.

5. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@travellingbee: they didn't say, just gave me the weight in grams, which I don't have a frame of reference for.

@gracecat: my first was big and I was induced at 38.5 weeks.

6. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@travellingbee: and I'm team green.

7. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@gracecat: seriously! My first was the size of a two month old and had to be evicted on her due date.

8. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

Ah I see, doctors meant early by induction...

9. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@travellingbee: my little one will be here on January 15th (RCS) as long as I don't go into labor earlier.

10. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: love the name - so sweet!

@travellingbee: excited to see that you guys decided as well! I love both of your name choices and think I will bookmark them for a hopefully future baby boy
    And thank you for thinking of me - I think my anxiety levels are just a bit high in general right now so staying calm has been hard. I am trying though!

And WOW lots of BIG babies in the group I'm curious to see how many December babies the group will end up with!

11. travellingbee

I'll fix these all when I can get on my computer tomorrow.

12. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Well, the internet says the average fetus weight at 28 weeks is 2.22 lbs and mine (as of Wednesday) was 2.9 lbs.... so... I guess that qualifies as big! I selfishly want him to come two weeks early (but only if he's 100% healthy and ready!!) so that I don't have to go back to work at 38 weeks pregnant after Christmas break.....

Also, I *think* I had some Braxton Hicks today... very tight sensations across the belly.

13. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

January 2016 moms!

January 3: Gracecat (#2)
    January 4: travellingbee (#2) , Karen (#2), worrywart (#2)
    January 5: lalalove (#2)
    January 6: Mermaidri (#1) , lauren0187 (#1)
    January 8: sera_87 (#3) , civicMom15 (#2)
    January 9: Mrs.Shinerbrock (#2) , smith (#1)
    January 10: queensbee (#2) , Mrs.Grapefruit (#1), rsmom (#2)
    January 11: pui (#2)
    January 13: Chitownro (#2), Kristinleigh (#1) , swansong (#2) , kimberlybee (#2) , brady80 (#2)
    January 15: Joyfulkiwi (#2) , ari123 (#1)
    January 16: Supernovaj (#2) , nycbee (#2)
    January 17: MDF106 (#2)
    January 19: MrsYellowJacket (#1 AND #2!!) , cvwood (#2), , swoggette (#3) , desertdreams88 (#1)
    January 20: Oliviaoblivia (#3)
    January 22: hiker85 (#1), raintreebee (#2)
    January 24: amanda88 (#2)
    January 28: bisous (#2)
    January 31: littlebug (#2)

marym (#1) passed at 24 weeks. RIP

I think this is a more updated list?

14. travellingbee

@sera_87: thanks

15. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

My OB plans to induce early if he does not come early on his own, depending on growth. The baby was measuring about one week ahead at my anatomy scan. My first was 5 days early, and slightly big, but I had high blood pressure, which can lead to a smaller baby (my blood pressure has been fine this time).

We need to discuss names again. I think we have a first name, we only have one contender, but we have not solidified it, and we have not even begun discussing middle names.

16. Swoggette

cherry / 134 posts

Well I didn't pass my GD testing. Unfortunately. So I have been poking my finger 4 times a day and am discouraged that my overnight numbers are not coming down like my daytime numbers. So I see the endocrinologist next week. Likely they will medicate me for the overnight hours. Bummer.
    On a more happy note. We are having a girl. And my due date was changed to 1-21-16.

@sera_87 Keeping positive thoughts your way.

@travellingbee and @JoyfulKiwi love the name choices. Naming is tough.

17. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

Had midwife appointment Monday, they think baby is about 3 pounds and I'm measuring on track.. was 29 weeks this past Thursday. I'm very hypoglycemic still which sucks, I can't keep my sugar levels stable without eating every half hour. As long as baby is okay though, I can deal.

Anybody dress up for Halloween?
    Here's my costume!

18. travellingbee

@kristinleigh: super cute!
    @Swoggette: bummer about the GD

19. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@kristinleigh: that's super cute.

20. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@Swoggette: I was just going to update that I failed my 3 hour with flying colors too!! Waiting on a consult and going from there. In the meantime I've googled some meals and snacks and will stick to that. I typically eat quite healthy, so it was a bit of a shock to me!!

21. Swoggette

cherry / 134 posts

@mrsyellowjacket we are pretty healthy eaters too. But I found with previous pregnancy with GD it's about meal and snack timing as well as a balance of good carbs and proteins. I have a few staples that work for me.
    Although I have never had the issue with my glucose not coming down by morning time. And that's even with a walk after dinner.
    @kristenLeigh so cute!
    @travellingbee

22. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@lauren0817: & @Swoggette: thanks for the name encouragement! naming is a rough game.

@sera_87: thanks for updating. Are you still at the hospital? I hope the baby is doing well.

@MrsYellowJacket: & @Swoggette: Aw man! That stinks about having GD. Hopefully it won't be too tough to regulate.

@kristinleigh: I was winnie the pooh too! your dress is really cute! i could only find a yellow shirt, so i ended up being pooh with jeans on

23. travellingbee

I'm so freaking tired. All I want to do all day is sleep. This is bad. I have mild anemia and I am concerned my levels are falling because I am getting more and more tired. But my doctor wouldn't test again last time and wanted to wait until 32 weeks to see if the supplements were helping. I feel certain that they aren't. I had this problem last time and I wasn't absorbing the iron orally. I ended up having to have weekly infusions and I'm sure we are headed down the same path. I'd rather just get on with it than sit around waiting for it to get bad enough and feeling terrible. I go back on Nov. 9 and they will test me then.

Also, damn I have having TONS of BH contractions and they are fairly painful. I remember that from last pregnancy. I have a kind of irritable uterus. But it isn't very fun. OK done complaining.

24. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@MrsYellowJacket: & @Swoggette: bummer about the GD hopefully you can find what works for you, soon!

@travellingbee: when did they discover your anemia last pregnancy? I imagine have a toddler and work is not helping your energy levels at all. Between the 3-4 wake ups at night and quitting caffeine this week, I have been dragging

25. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: I'm not actually Baby looked pretty much the same on my ultrasound on Wednesday and again today. I go back in for a "case conference" tomorrow (basically this is for the Grandmas to have some peace of mind/what have you about the whole thing, I already pretty much know what we've decided to do if needed, I'd say. As the doc said today; 'no one is going to cut up your belly to take out a baby who doesn't realistically really have a chance at survival anyway').

I have another ultrasound on Tuesday. I'll probably have, like, 3 ultrasounds a week from now on.....sigh. They really need to come up with a quicker and better way to measure baby's weight rather than every 2 weeks.

26. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@sera_87: that sounds encouraging! That means the immediate emergency/danger level has gone down, right? It's got to be more comfortable to be at home than in the hospital, even if they're still concerned about baby's growth. I'm thinking about you two & sending wishes for him to keep growing in there as long as he can!

27. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@sera_87: I'm so glad that you're home! I know there's obviously still real concerns, but being home must be so much more enjoyable than in the hospital. When they measure the baby's weight, do they do projections of growth based on his current growth rate? Has it been fluctuating a lot? I'm a data person, so I'd be crunching the numbers and making all sorts of graphs. But maybe the doctors do that for you?

-----------------------
    Anyone else having any weird pregnancy dreams lately? Last night I dreamt that I had my bloody show / lost my mucus plug. I stayed pretty calm in the dream, thankfully, and we went to the hospital right away.... and then I woke up. I think it's odd that I dreamed about this, very visually, though I've never "seen" either concept in reality or in pictures. I've been focusing on getting the house & nursery prepared for baby, and not so much focused on the actual birth part.... I should probably shift focus soon and start learning more! Though I think being an HB reader for 4 years has helped a lot.

28. travellingbee

@DesertDreams88: just saw this-- I haven't had any birth dreams but just weird dreams in general. I had annoying repetitive stress dreams last night where I was trying to get somewhere and I kept getting lost and frustrated. are you going to take birthing classes? I thought it was really helpful for DH so he could support me and get what was happening.

29. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is having a great week I was admitted to the hospital yesterday for treatment of baby's heart issues - her heart rate has been very, very high over the past few days so they are treating me with high doses of heart medications to try to normalize things. We will probably be here for 3-7 days. I am terrified, but hanging in there. Please send positive thoughts our way! I'm excited for 31 weeks today - 9 weeks to go Hope everyone else is doing well!

30. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@kristinleigh: super cute costume! I love it

@swoggette:sorry to hear about your GD - how is your blood sugar this week?

@mrsyellowjacket: how are things going with your GD? Hoping that your blood sugars look great

@travellingbee: hope you get good news about your iron levels soon! I started feeling really tired again too - I'm definitely already in the taking it easy stage of pregnancy

@sera_87: how are things going this week? Hoping for a good update soon!!

31. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@lauren0817: sending good thoughts! I hope everything goes well and you are able to relax some.

32. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@lauren0817: How scary. I am thinking of you.

33. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@lauren0817: thinking of you and sending positive thoughts!

34. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@lauren0817: thinking of you!

35. travellingbee

@lauren0817: Oh I am so sorry. Lots of positive thoughts for you and LO!

36. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@lauren0817: I am so sorry to hear this, how scary! I hope and pray your doctors are being absolutely wonderful.

@travellingbee: yeah, we're doing a birthing class, but it's not going to be until I'm 36 weeks most likely (first Saturday of Christmas break)..... I've got a couple of other options, but I'm leaning this way because I want to get it all done in one day, close to the birth time. I think if I go into labor before then, no birthing class will going to really prepare me for a preterm birth & associated complications anyway.

Today is my first of my weekly appts to check on baby's heart arrythmia. Fingers crossed all goes well! I'm also having a small baby shower tonight.

37. Ari123

coffee bean / 25 posts

My due date is. 1/15/16, so I'm at 29w5d. Entering my third month of bed rest, sigh
    I have to use a walker because I can't really walk upright anymore (degenerating fibroids pain) so I've had to go on a leave of absence from work.
    Good news though is baby is growing well and measuring one week ahead. I passed my three hour glucose test after failing the first one (153). 10 weeks or so to go, taking it one day at a time

38. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@lauren0817: Sending you positive thoughts and prayers that everything will be okay!

39. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@Ari123: That's great news that baby is doing really well. Hang in there momma!

40. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@lauren0817: oh my, hope you are doing ok, that is a long time to be in the hospital. On the bright side you are at a good place for them to take the best care of baby. Hang in there and hope you have good news soon!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee