Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@lauren0817: keep us updated!
    @Ari123: that's sounds terrible! Glad the baby is ok
    @DesertDreams88: hope your shower was fun and I think a class at 36 weeks is fine.

2. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Ari123: That sounds awful.

3. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Ari123: that must be so hard. My girl is also due the 15th, I can't imagine spending all that time at home. We're getting close.

4. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@sera_87: Glad to hear you're at least home and out of the hospital! Fingers crossed for continued good news.

@lauren0817: Thinking of you and your family! Keep us updated.

@Ari123: Oh wow, that must be so difficult! Glad to hear that baby is doing well, though.

5. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@littlebug: how's D doing? Did you end up having to reschedule his procedure?

6. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@oliviaoblivia: We did have to reschedule. As upset about it as I was that day, I'm so glad we did. I listened to his breathing at nap time yesterday and he was so stuffy and snoring so loudly, there is just no way that going under anesthesia would have been safe. And I'm glad we knew ahead of time rather than making the trip down there only to have to turn around and come back home.

So he's doing better. He had a really good day yesterday - took a good long nap and was almost back to his old self. He slept through the night last night (even slept in a little bit), so I think we're turning the corner. As long as he has another good day today at home with my MIL, we'll probably send him back to school tomorrow.

CHOP was able to fit us back on the OR schedule on November 18, so luckily we don't need to wait too long. Now I just want to keep him in a bubble until then, ha!

Thanks so much for asking!!!

7. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@littlebug: I'm so glad he's feeling better and that you didn't have to reschedule to far out. He's such a cutie!

8. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@Ari123: welcome to the boards and I'm glad to hear the baby is doing well. I hope you are doing ok with the extended bed rest - that sounds really stressful!

9. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Being put on the induction list for Sunday - they're going to try a Foley catheter to start, then picodin/epidural, with lots of monitoring baby and csection if necessary. Good news (?!) is that with a 400g baby I don't have to be fully dilated to deliver; I just have to be around 6cm. They're also going to try their best to keep my waters intact so his head doesn't get stuck in my cervix (because baby is back to being breech).

Aaaand then, if he survives all that, we get to discuss and decide what level of care we want to do going forward. Fun times over here.

10. travellingbee

@sera_87: Why the urgency? Do they feel he has more of a survival chance out than in at this point? Could he be more than 400g or they know that for sure?

11. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@travellingbee: well they did a measurement 10 days ago and he was roughly 400. They did a measurement today & he was estimated to be the same; meaning no growth. And the blood flow through the umbilical cord is steadily declining.

I do have one more ultrasound Sunday morning and being put on the induction list doesn't necessarily mean i'll be induced; its if they can fit me in the schedule. The weekend might be crazy & we'll be pushed back until Monday.

12. travellingbee

@sera_87: ugh. You are in my thoughts!

13. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@sera_87: we are thinking of you and praying for the best. I hope you have some good support as you go through all this.

14. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

@sera_87: We are all thinking of you!!

15. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

They moved my section date up to the 12th. It's only three days earlier, but I'm not happy. It makes #1 & #3's birthdays only four days apart. I feel awful that all of my girls have bdays within two weeks of each other.

16. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@sera_87: this waiting game must be so frustrating for you. Do you trust your doctors or are you wanting to wait longer to induce? I'll be thinking about you.

@oliviaoblivia: aww, don't feel bad about their birthdays - there's nothing you can do about that. I'm sure each girl will feel as special on their birthday as they would if they were months apart.

17. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@sera_87: thinking of you and your little one!

18. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@oliviaoblivia: My family has a lot of birthdays clustered together (including my brother's, my younger sister's and my birthdays being within 2 weeks of each other) - it wasn't a huge deal growing up, but my mother always made sure we had separate parties. As adults, we really like it. We have one big "Birthday Feast" in Jan/Feb to celebrate all the birthdays and it's a lot of fun.

19. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@sera_87: thinking of you this weekend.

20. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: thanks! My mom and two sisters have birthdays within eight days of each other and that was fun. I'll have to remember that when my mind starts wandering. I think I also have residual Christmas baby guilt. I'm thinking we'll do half birthday parties to spread the joy a little bit while they're little.

21. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@oliviaoblivia: oh yeah, if this baby comes before New Years, we are definitely doing half-birthdays.

22. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@lauren0817: How are you and LO doing? Are you still in the hospital??

@sera_87: I have been thinking about you and hoping for the best! like @joyfulkiwi I'm wondering if you trust your doctors' plans? I hope you are able to have peace about it and confidence in them.

@oliviaoblivia: Similarly, my grandma had 4 of her 5 babies in August, and as adults they love celebrating their birthdays together (I've never asked about their experience as kids). I thought it was always special and spread out the celebration.

23. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@lauren0817: Hope the baby's heart rate has stabilized. Thinking of you!

@Ari123: Glad the baby is doing well! That is a lot of bed rest but it sounds like you are taking it one day at a time and maintaining a positive attitude!

@sera_87: Thinking of you this weekend and hoping/praying for the best possible outcome.

@littlebug: Glad he's feeling better and that you were able to reschedule well before #2 is due. I can see why you want to keep him in a bubble now! Hoping he can stay healthy for the next 11 days!

24. Swoggette

cherry / 134 posts

@lauren0817: keep us updated. On the GD front I am doing ok. Daily sugars are staying down but was put on injectable insulin for nighttime.

@Ari123: that's sounds scary. Glad the baby is ok!

@sera_87: Thinking of you and hoping for the best outcome for you and baby.

@oliviaoblivia: Don't feel bad about their birthdays - there's nothing you can do about their dates. I am sure you will make each of them feel special on their own date.

25. Ari123

coffee bean / 25 posts

@sera_87: sending positive thoughts your way 🙏

26. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Thanks everybody. I really appreciate all the well wishes/thoughts/prayers etc.

Foley catheter placed around 1?ish.

And now we wait. Foreeeeevvvvaaaa.

27. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@lauren0817: how are you doing?

28. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

Thank you so much everyone for checking in - it has been a crazy week. I can't remember what my first update said, but we were admitted to the hospital on Tuesday for baby's heart issues. On Thursday morning I got extremely sick (extreme sudden onset chest pains, heart palpitations, couldn't breathe or see and started vomiting) - doctors were worried I was having a heart attack. It turns out I have huge blood clot in my lungs and leg (a pulmonary embolism and a DVT) - part of the clot in my leg broke off and travelled to my lungs and because it is so big it is putting a lot of strain on my heart. All of this is totally unrelated to baby and her heart issues and treatment - it just happened at the same time for some crazy reason. Talk about being lucky to be in the hospital already - the drs were able to respond quickly and get me stabilized. Normally someone would have surgery to remove the clot, but we are trying to avoid that as long as I'm stable since it is open heart surgery and would mean delivering now. I'm 31 weeks, 4 days today and the drs are willing to hold off on surgery if I'm stable - there is a chance the clot could go away on its own, but not sure how likely that would be due to its size. It is crazy that all of this is happening to a normally healthy young person - pregnancy is a huge risk factor for blood clots apparently. Baby and I are doing pretty well despite all of this - I am stable right now but still in the ICU and we are still treating baby's heart under the supervision of the fetal-maternal medicine doctors and my cardiac surgery doctors. Plrase send positive thoughts and prayers our way! Sorry for the super long update, but it is kinda a crazy long story I haven't read through anyone else's updates, but I hope everyone is doing well!

29. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@sera_87: I just saw your latest couple of updates - I am thinking of you both today! Hope long do they think the induction will take? Sending positive thoughts your way

30. travellingbee

@lauren0817: wow omg, I'm sorry that all of this is happening! I'm glad you're there and they are monitoring it all. Lots of positive thoughts headed your way!

31. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@lauren0817: blood clots are some scary shit. I had one develop in my brain back in January when I was pregnant before this (I miscarried soon after). Hopefully it'll resolve on its own with blood thinners! Thinking of you

32. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@lauren0817: wow, that's sounds scary. I hope you continue to stay stable for awhile and you and the baby stay well.

33. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@lauren0817: How scary but what a blessing that you were already in the hospital and under great care! Sending lots of love and prayers your way as well as positive thoughts.

34. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@lauren0817: How scary and stressful! I hope your doctors continue to take great care of you and your LO!

35. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@lauren0817: How scary!

36. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@lauren0817: OMG!! Thank goodness you were already there!! Prayers for quick healing!

37. travellingbee

Had my 32 week appointment today and baby is definitely head down. We talked about a timeline, and she said that given my age and anemia and other history, as long as my cervix is favorable, she doesn't plan on letting me go past my due date and would prefer to get things moving before the end of December (39 weeks). She's hoping if I'm dilated a bit, she can kick start things with a membrane sweep around the 28th of dec. For some reason that seems so much sooner!

38. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

It seems like we'll be having some December babies for sure! I can't believe it's only one month to go until we have a labor & deliveries board started!

39. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

Had a check up today - everything looks good, but I was super-dehydrated and had protein in my urine. They sent it out for testing, so hopefully it comes back fine. I just did my second GD test 2 weeks ago and it was neg, so I'm pretty sure it was that I forgot to drink any water this morning until I was on my way to the appointment.

We did our photo shoot this morning (which was why I forgot to drink anything) - 2 year olds can be so uncooperative! LO refused to put on the dress I wanted her to wear and refused to put down her Cheerios. I'm pretty sure every picture we took had the bright blue and green snack container in it. Hopefully our photog can do come creative cropping so we at least have a few pics for Christmas cards.

40. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Theodore Hendricks was born at 9:56pm via csection. Weighs 450g & breathing on his own.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee