Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@afishermanswife: jumping in from November. Where in Canada are you? I'm in Ontario and have done NIPT twice now through the company Panorama. The first time, a year ago, it had to be sent to California but now it is done in Toronto. Just want to make sure you are getting correct info because it can definitely be done in Canada. I just did it 2 months ago.

2. Makingbabyw

grape / 82 posts

@mybell208: my thoughts and prayers are with you. What did your doctor say when you say them? Pregnancy is something I'm still a newbie at and I'm learning a mile a minute so excuse me if this is obvious, but is it possible your little bean is just growing slower than typical? A friend of ours is seven months and she told me her baby is significantly smaller than she should be but doctors are saying she is just little

3. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

Appt went well they adjusted my due date to 1/8. We saw the heartbeat and even though hubs really wanted twins there's only one in there. I go back in 2 weeks.

4. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Makingbabyw: How cute are you!! I have no clue how I am going to hide it for another month. The pooch is getting a bit much. I am going to go ahead and break out my maternity pants this weekend and wash them. My work pants aren't comfortable, even with the belly band. So even though I don't really have a bump, just bloat, I am going to embrace it.
    @Chillybear: Yay!! I would cry, not happy tears, if we had twins. We only want 2. Day care for 3 alone makes me cry.

5. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Chillybear: yay for heartbeat! I can't believe he was hoping to see 2 in there, lol!

@Smurfette: so I got it cleared up! the blood they took wasn't for maternit21; but I am going back at 10 weeks to take blood for that but I gotta call my insurance first to see if it's covered.

6. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: oh great! Hope your insurance will cover it.

7. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I don't even think it matters b/c I'm on a high deductible plan so we're pretty much paying OOP till we hit max.... So I guess it's probably up to me.

8. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: Yes, but is your year the calendar year? Then you will have to max out again in January with birth costs, right? Just something to think about. I am lucky my OB doesn't bill till delivery, so hopefully this baby stays in till Jan and we will met our max right away.

9. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Well, it's complicated. Whatever I spend now is a loss cause since we'll be switching insurance in the fall. So whatever between fall-birth will be covered since that plan will be better.

10. Makingbabyw

grape / 82 posts

@Chillybear: so exciting!! Two weeks isn't bad at all! Is that for genetic testing?

10 days until our first appointment and so excited/nervous. But ready to be able to tell my family finally.
    I have little brothers who are 9 and 10, do you all think I should tell them separate from my parents and sisters who are adults? Like at 12 weeks just in case?

11. Smurfette

@Makingbabyw: I would. We told my parents and siblings this weekend. But I made sure my nephews weren't right there and I told my brother and SIL that I would tell them when they can tell them.

I had a message from the nurse. I had bacteria in my urine last week, GBS. So I am going to start 7 days of antibiotics. She said they won't do the normal swab at 36 weeks and assume I have it and administer the antibiotics during labor. One more thing for me to worry about.

12. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Makingbabyw: I'm at a new office than the one i delivered the first time so i'm not sure what to expect. Last night was what they call a confirmation and dating appt. it was short, with the midwife, but she did the U/S and answered some of my questions. when i go back in 2 weeks, it will be a longer appt, first with the NP then the Dr. they will do a full exam, pap (i'm due), take a history from both me and hubs, answer questions and lay out then next round of appts. I think they will do another U/S at 12-13 weeks and then i go back at 14 weeks? mid july....

13. SaltySea

pea / 9 posts

Hi ladies!

I've been lurking for quite some time now. HB was such an amazing resource through my first pregnancy so I'd like to join/contribute now that I'm pregnant with my second.

EDD: January 24th

How far along: 6 weeks 2 days

First child? Nope DD is 13 months

First doctor appointment: Next week. I didn't really have a period between my last pregnancy and this one due to breastfeeding so the receptionist was adamant that I need a dating scan ASAP. Im fairly certain of when I ovulated because I was temping in conjunction with using OPK's. I'm happy to have an early appointment though.

Any symptoms so far? Some MS but nothing terrible. The bloat is real though. I wanted to keep this under wraps from just about everyone until I have an u/s but the bloat + no drinking might be a dead giveaway.

Who have you told? Just DH. I bought DD a big sister shirt and it was just about the cutest thing when DH got home from work and saw her wearing it.

14. snowjewelz

@Makingbabyw: Hmm, depends if they really know to keep it to themselves?

@Smurfette: Ugh, I'm sorry!!

@Chillybear: I'm with a new dr too and everyone does things so differently (or maybe I just don't remember!)

@SaltySea: Welcome! Too bad I have no chill and already told all family so there is no letting DD wear a big sister shirt to surprise anyone besides the general public hah!

15. Smurfette

@SaltySea: Welcome and congrats! I bought LO a big sister shirt and I can't wait till she can actually wear it.

16. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@snowjewelz: so we did the whole put a big sister shirt on LO and see how everyone reacts thing this past weekend and it was hit or miss... After the beach i got her cleaned up and put the shirt on her and set her into the living room to play. My FIL noticed first and thought the shirt was her cousin's hand me down. then my SIL got it and started screaming. MIL was on the porch and didnt come in right away (even though SIL was screaming). then MIL was salty all weekend probably part the way we told her, and part because we're moving from 10 min away to 45 min away. She goes "well i'm not surprised" to which i replied "well we were"

17. SaltySea

pea / 9 posts

@snowjewelz: my chill is running out fast. I've almost let it slip more times than I can count. It's funny because with DD I waited until 14 weeks to tell everyone and it was a piece of cake. This time I'm worried that I won't make it until next week when I have an u/s.

@Smurfette: I bought DD's in a 2T and she's still wearing 12 months . I'm hoping she'll grow into it and get some use out of it by the time new babe gets here.

@Chillybear: We're planning on announcing with DD's shirt and I'm worried that our announcement to the IL's will be similar. Either they won't get it or they'll be like ....oh, knew that was coming. They're not the sentimental types at all.

18. Smurfette

@Chillybear: @SaltySea: I think we are going to put LO in the shirt for Father's Day and Facetime DH's Dad and Step Mom. But I worry they will say something to her about it and we don't want her to know till the genetic screening comes back. So maybe we will just tell them. I don't know DH can decide. I would be fine to wait till 14 weeks when we go to the beach with them and just show up all pregnant.

19. snowjewelz

@Chillybear: You just can't please everyone! I would've been like well I wanted you to feel surprised the way we did!

@SaltySea: Both our families aren't really big production people either, so that's why we just told them.. So boring haha. Last time we told family relatively quickly too. I've told more friends this time than I'd like (but they are all super close friends), but I feel like I have to explain why I can't even deal these days!

@Smurfette: Haha showing up all pregnant will definitely be the better surprise! Like oh this? Oh nothing just a pregnant belly...

20. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I worry they would be upset/pissed if we waited that long. I will ask DH next week when he wants to tell them, after the ultrasound.

21. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Makingbabyw: Love the pic!! I feel like my body in the am, versus the pm are two totally different "beings". It's so crazy. Regardless of how far along you are, you look great, but I am so not sure how I am going to hide it as long as I want to, we'll see!! My goal is to make it to June 29th for my parents, July 2 once we drive across country for ILs and then three weeks away, I will just let the fam out there know as they see us and once we come home just let it all out, lol. And I will have to tell work then, too!

Lots of news on here since I last posted too. So sorry ladies. I hate the 80 million sides to being pregnant. Losses at all stages, anxiety nearly all times, there's never any safe time as my bff experienced at her due date last Fall. At my appointment Tuesday so much as it was a positive, saying "4th pregnancy, hopefully 3rd baby" even sucks, the upside in many going through this is support. Hopefully we can all lean on each other as needed no matter what this journey brings our way.

@Chillybear: Dh and I said to each other on the way to the parking lot after our u/s last week...."well, we know it's not two now". So much as that would have been absolutely nuts, I would so have loved twins, despite the added level of worry with them through pregnancy as well. I am still excited for whoever in this group (usually there is always one, no? haha) who "gets" the twins.

@Smurfette: Were you GBS positive with your other one? I was both times, and I guess I don't know any different, but hopefully not too much worry for you

We are definitely showing up pregnant to DHs family, they're going to go insane and it seriously gets me SO excited to think about it. I'm not close with my MIL, but she and SILs will lose it, and we'll all likely end up crying, lol.

@SaltySea: Congrats, and welcome. Too cute about the shirt! We put a shirt on DD too to tell everyone and it was SO fun. I have no idea what we will do this time.

@snowjewelz: lol no chill!

I had a dentist appt today and had a cleaning done. Pathetic to say but my first cleaning in 3 years! My gums bled like crazy and I didn't want to tell the hygenist I was preggo because the dentist's daughter works where I do and I know the office is a talking hole, so not risking it, she was telling me why I might be such a bleeder and in my head I am just like "nope....just cause I'm preggo, lol"

I have tomorrow, and Monday off. Desperately need some downtime, exhaustion is kicking my butt lately. I need to take a bump/progress pic.

22. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Totally feel you on sad news And I haven't had teeth cleaning done for a lonnnng time too... I barely just squeezed in the eye doctor since I need new contacts!

23. Smurfette

@sunnyday: Nope. Negative with my LO. It just sucks cause now it will be in the back of my mind the whole pregnancy. I know with antibiotics it will be fine, but what if not.....

24. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: I don't think I remember properly, but I don't know if I knew about GBS this early that I was positive and definitely don't think I did antibiotics, thought it was just a labour thing that I had to be hooked up then. Hmm. I had bloodwork done already, so maybe I'm not positive....yet??! I assume I will be again.

25. Smurfette

@sunnyday: they test everyone at 36 weeks. If you had it then yeah you just got antibiotics through an IV during labor. I am not sure if this time the urine came up with something abnormal and then they tested it more or what. I didn't call the lady back. I figure I will just ask more questions next week.

26. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Chillybear: Yay congrats on a great ultrasound!!

@SaltySea: Welcome!!

@Makingbabyw: My evening bloat belly can look somewhat similar to the photo you posted and I'm only 6+1! It totally changes by day and depending on time of day though.

@sunnyday: I haven't had a cleaning in a couple years. I have some tooth sensitivity right now and am a little nervous about getting cavities while pregnant.

@Smurfette: I think they check your urine sample for bacteria every time you give one at the OB, which includes GBS. If you're colonized with it this early it's pretty much just a guarantee that you'll be colonized throughout the whole pregnancy. The antibiotics work well!

Is anyone doing Unisom + b6? I just started yesterday at 6 weeks to try and stave off the carsick feeling. I'm doing 50 mg b6 three times a day and half a Unisom tab at night. I figure I can up the Unisom if I need to. I can't tell if it's really helped today.

27. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I do! I can't sleep without the Unisom and since I started taking the B6 at night with it, I am feeling much better. I set my alarm 15 mins earlier, eat 2-3 Ritz crackers and then lay in bed for 15 mins and it helps so much through out the day. I just can't get too hungry so I am eating all the time. I feel huge.

28. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Are you taking a full Unisom?

29. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I take a half cause I find I am less groggy the next morning but it still is helping me sleep.

30. MrsCDH

olive / 71 posts

Hi ladies,

Apologies for being mia - the morning sickness has been kicking my butt.

I ended up in hospital last night on a drip for a few hours as I ended up getting dehydrated. I can't imagine feeling like this for another few weeks so fingers crossed it eases off soon...

(ignore my black abaya - mandatory for females to wear them here in public)

Catching up with all the posts and updates now - hope you're all well.

31. snowjewelz

@MrsCDH: Oh no! I hope you'll feel better soon!

Can MS get worse before getting better? I've been super sensitive since last week, gagging over everything and feeling so much worse than I did!

32. MrsCDH

olive / 71 posts

@snowjewelz: thanks. No idea, but hopefully you'll begin to feel better soon. Do you believe any of the theories on gender and severity of ms?!?

33. Smurfette

@MrsCDH: Oh no! hope you feel better soon!

@snowjewelz: I felt great all weekend and then today bam, I feel like I could throw up, but I can't stop eating. I am scared for the scale on Wed.

34. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I'm already starting out heavier than last time so I cringe to hear my weight now

DH swears I was like this last time too, but I really don't remember feeling this bad! I am just praaaaying it goes away by 12 weeks.

@MrsCDH: What's the theory? It was mild last time and I had a girl. Honestly it's still not as bad as I know it can be this time, just worse personally!

35. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

Can anyone help me out with this mystery symptom and if you think i need to call doc before my appt next week?

I wake up about 6am, I usually eat a bowl of cereal and berries around 7am, drink 1/2 cafe coffee some days on my way into work. By about 10:30-11:30 i feel like my blood sugar may take a drop. My heart rate picks up, i get shaky, a little sweaty, kinda dizzy/queasy and a little head-achy . I try to eat something (today it was a granola bar with almond butter), drink water and sit down. It takes about 20 min for it to pass.

Thoughts?

36. Smurfette

@MrsCDH: I have a friend that was sick pretty bad both pregnancies and she has one of each. So I don't think it really matters.
    @Chillybear: Your probably need to eat more. Try adding a 930 snack, fruit, etc tomorrow and see if that helps

37. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@MrsCDH: Oh no! I'm sorry, that sounds awful! I hope rehydrating set you on the path to feeling better.

@snowjewelz: I imagine it probably can? I know some people who started having morning sickness at 6 weeks but it was worst from like 8 to 12 weeks...

@Smurfette: I keep snacking to make myself feel better too. But it's all carbs. I'm feeling really squishy right now.

@Chillybear: Sounds like it could be low blood sugar. Can you try eating a small snack before that feeling hits? Like at 10?

38. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Ugh, I'm guessing I'm at the peak of it then at 9 weeks!

39. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Chillybear: I don't have an answer for you, other than try to snack more often. I get so dizzy I can't even see and need to hold a wall. I think my bp just crashes and I get so faint!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

I napped once Saturday (2 hours), twice Sunday, (1 x 1 hour, 1 x 45 mins) and so was dreading today and how I would make it through. Body must just know I had the ability to nap on the weekend and asked. Definitely not an option today.

We told my bff and her DH on Saturday. It was soooo fun! They had their anatomy scan last week and told us gender, and we were oogling over their perfect u/s pics up on the fridge, I went around to the counter behind us and put our u/s pic on counter, her DH saw it and was like "bff, one must have fallen off the fridge over here" and she saw it and jaw dropped, it was a hoot. Lots of hugs and laughs. We had a great time chatting over names, if we would find out gender and it will be sooo nice to have someone IRL to talk preggo with.

40. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@MrsCDH: what is an abaya, and where are you that you need to wear one! Hope okay to ask! Strictly curious!! Are you out of hospital now?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee