Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Smurfette: I know! I think that's really why I just want another girl haha. I totally fell deep into the rabbit hole that is girl's fashion. Boys clothes just aren't doing it for me

2. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@snowjewelz: The boy clothes that I like are way more expensive. Why do they make boy clothes with either sports, stripes, or stupid sayings on them? I do not want a shirt saying Mommy's little terror on it.

3. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

When the zillion kids were over yesterday, the youngest, a girl got soaked in water table and Mom needed a spare pants and shirt, so I ran down to one of DD (too many) bins of outgrown clothes and yah.....beyond healthy baby I definitely am hopeful for another girl!

I was not in a good spot after DS so sold a lot of his clothes, many others were loaned to us, so I would have to beef up those clothes, plus totally different season (DS is a May baby, DD October) for boy stuff, too.

4. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Melissajoy89: Welcome and congrats!!

All the talk about the sex of the baby...we plan to be team green and I surprisingly feel like I have absolutely no preference. I always thought I'd want a little girl, but then my nephew was born, and little boys are awesome too. I've got a young niece and nephew so I feel like I'll have plenty of hand-me-downs either way!! I think DH probably wants a little boy but he hasn't really said...

First ultrasound tomorrow morning! I should be 7 weeks 6 days at the earliest so I'm just hoping everything is on track. Nervous!

5. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Haha, totally in the same boat! I'll be happy either way but am even more nauseous than usual when I think about having to buy a whole new wardrobe for a boy!

@IRunForFun: I was team green last time and loved it. So fun!

6. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I am sure it will be great! I think Team Green sounds so fun but I am too much of a planner to ever do it. I don't like most general neutral clothes so I wouldn't be prepared at all.

7. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Just had the first ultrasound! Measuring 8 weeks and a heart rate of 166! So relieved. I'm waiting to see the OB now.

Has anyone gained weight already? I've gained 4 lbs!! 😳 I'm just so hungry all the time and all that sounds good are carbs and cheese...

8. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I haven't weighed myself since my doctor's appointment 3 weeks ago. They didn't weigh me before my ultrasound. I am sure I gained weight. I am eating so much, all carbs, and I gain weight by looking at food. Yay! For a great ultrasound!

9. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@IRunForFun: I already gained about 4 lbs as well. I started off this pregnancy about 10-12lbs higher than my last. When i spoke with my dr a couple weeks ago they only want me to gain 15lbs - 5lbs < 20 weeks and 10lbs > 20 weeks. I'm trying to stick to walking at lunch everyday and tracking my food on my fitness pal/fitbit.

10. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Great appointment! I'm sure I've gained weight since I have a pretty noticeable bump already!

11. Smurfette

I will add that I talked to my doctor about my concern about weight gain at my first appointment. She told me to do what I needed to do to survive the 1st trimester. So if that means carbs then that is what I am going to do. I can always try and limit them once I feel better to then slow the weight gain. I am about 7-10 less then I was when I got pregnant the first time. But I would rather not gain 45lbs again.

12. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: I think I have gained a couple pounds. Haven't weighed myself but my belly seems enormous. Yay carbs--as I polish off another bag of Goldfish.

13. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: Awesome on appointment!

I am already up two pounds, but love the weight gain game for pregnancy, so bring it on. Gained 60lbs with my first, 30lbs with my second. I feel like my size and shape changes every day. Certain pants feel loose some days and tight others, some days so much easier to hide over others, crazy!

14. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I agree.. I had just been surviving so any "dieting" will have to start later. Unlike you I'm like 10 lbs more than I started last time So I'm gonna try really hard to eat better.

15. madger

cherry / 178 posts

Here's a random question for you guys. It seems like a lot of you are 2nd+ time moms, so you might be struggling with this too, what the heck do you feed the rest of your family when you feel like garbage? I don't mind letting my husband fend for himself, but I usually pack my toddler's lunch for the next day and basically everything except a handful of foods make me want to die right now. My husband's been picking up the slack on a lot of stuff so I can lay low after work, so I'd like to be able to still keep doing this one thing!

16. snowjewelz

@madger: DH usually does her lunches so I'm no help! I think if even packing her food makes you sick, he really does need to step in till you feel better! I literally do NOTHING. For 2 weeks I couldn't even change her diapers! The only thing I did with her was bed time where I pass out along with her haha!

17. Makingbabyw

grape / 82 posts

I already posted elsewhere in the boards but I'm loosing the baby. I hope you all have healthy pregnancies and babies 😭 please take me off the list..:

18. Smurfette

@madger: I don't have to make lunches. She eats breakfast and lunch at school. Food isn't so much making me queasy, as no matter I feel nauseous. DH is home this week so I have to actually cook. But otherwise when he is gone LO and I ate a lot of boxed pasta and stuff stuff like that.

19. Smurfette

@Makingbabyw: Again, I am so sorry. Life just isn't fair sometimes.

20. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Makingbabyw: I'm so sorry for your loss.

21. madger

cherry / 178 posts

@snowjewelz: @Smurfette: I just pack myself basically the same "safe food" every day, but I feel bad doing that for her too!

22. snowjewelz

@madger: that's why just make DH do it haha! But if she eats it, then I wouldn't feel that bad!

23. snowjewelz

@Makingbabyw: I posted there too, just want to say again how sorry I am

24. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Makingbabyw: I am so so sorry. You are in my thoughts, please take care of yourself.

@Smurfette: I asked the doctor today too and she wasn't concerned. Granted I started on the lower end of the BMI scale but she said just eat what your body craves (within reason!) during the first tri and when second tri comes it'll be easier to eat healthier. I hope that's the case!!

@madger: I don't have any other LOs but for my DH for dinner, he's fending for himself. I tell him cook whatever he wants and I'll eat whatever sounds good. Luckily he doesn't mind.

25. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@madger: HUGE struggle. There were a couple weeks where I completely dropped the ball on groceries, meal planning and cooking/prep and it sat on my DH. I've gotten myself to being able to make/prep, but then not eat (but stayed busy in kitchen, up/down from table, doing dishes, etc. for my two to not question me (lol my 3 y/o would!). I find I am hit and miss by the day. Sometimes I prep food in the am while they eat brekkie, knowing I will not be able to handle looking at stuff later in the day.

26. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Makingbabyw: So sorry again. Hugs love.

27. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

At the ER

Was folding laundry and went to go into DDs room quietly to put away her clothes as she slept tonight and felt a huge gush of water/liquid, then blood. Went to bathroom, and more blood. Wearing pad. I had a huge sub chorionic hemmorage (sp?) at 12w in my DDs pregnancy, which was immediately following a loss, but I don't remember being this crampy DH is home with sleeping kiddo's. I think I'm like 15 deep in waiting room, prepared for the worst at this point, just trying to take deep breaths and keep the tears to a minimum. Should be 11w tomorrow.

28. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Just saw baby and heartbeat on u/s. Oye. Still waiting for blood draw and u/s req as she wants me back tomorrow I guess. Great doc.

29. bluebubblez

pea / 17 posts

@sunnyday: oh no! hope you were able to rest a bit at home. thinking of you today

30. bluebubblez

pea / 17 posts

My 10-week appointment is tomorrow (and with the OB!) and I am so excited & nervous. We wanted to tell my dad & in-laws this weekend (my mom already knows since I had spotting at 5 weeks and needed her support), but DH wants to wait until after the first trimester. When did you tell your in-laws/parents?

31. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Ahh hugs So sorry you're experiencing this; I hope you're okay today!

32. snowjewelz

@bluebubblez: With DD we told my parents right away, and waited after first appt to tell his family. This time we told both right away since it was right around Mother's Day

33. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Back from morning at hospital.

Saw baby again. Measuring perfectly and looking good for 11w. The tech was so scary!

Great ER doc today though, and he's bringing me back tomorrow am for another blood draw and u/s because I'm still bleeding. DH is taking tomorrow off and coming with me.

I had hcg blood draw every 5 days with DDs pregnancy and my levels began to drop around 10w, so I'm not even sure it means a whole lot to do blood at this point, just want bleeding to stop. On the couch the rest of today, my dog on my lap taking good care of me.

34. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Aww, rest up!! I'm glad you were taken care of!

35. Smurfette

@sunnyday: So scary! Glad that baby and you are ok!
    @bluebubblez: We told my family at 7 weeks, I would done it sooner but we waited till we were all together. We would have called them and told them we had a miscarriage, so I felt fine telling them early. We are telling DH's family this weekend and my extended family (grandma, aunts, cousins, etc). I wouldn't be able to hide it from my family with the pooch and me not drinking. We talked about waiting to tell DH's family when see them at the beach in a month, but decided for numerous reasons to just call this weekend and tell them.

I had my blood drawn for Harmony this morning. So now we wait. And I have gained 4lbs already.

36. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: That is super scary! Glad baby seems to be OK. I hope the bleeding resolves!!

@bluebubblez: I told my sisters and BFF right away, and then my mom guessed pretty quickly so my parents already know. We had the first ultrasound yesterday at 8 weeks and plan to tell DH's parents this weekend. We will be seeing them and I don't think I could hide it! The rest of the world we'll wait until after the first tri, with the exception maybe of a few close friends we see regularly.

@Smurfette: I think I'm 2 weeks behind you and I've already gained 4 lbs so don't feel bad!

37. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: @IRunForFun: I think I just totally blank out of my weight hahaha. I feel bad enough that I'm heavier than I stared out last time around, so it's just overall depressing!

@sunnyday: Hope you're feeling ok today!

38. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: at the hospital again. I feel like I have been in this waiting room more than anywhere else these last two days.

Had another u/s and blood draw this am.

Waiting on results, then home, and to work. DH took today off so is here with me today. Company is a nice change!

Bleeding is definitely slowing! Hope this is almost done. All I know from u/s this am was "it was fine" couldn't see screen like I did yesterday.

I'm in a weird spot in my head though. Can I be excited? Just feel like all this shuts down excitement despite good u/s. Solid reminder no time is ever "safe". I'm so not a "play the pregnancy" card type person and am so go go go, and now all I want to do is lay in bed and cook this baby. Oye.

39. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Totally normal to feel this way to me! The slowing of the bleeding is def good news though! It sucks that you didn't get to look at the screen! Do you think you still need to go everyday or they'll space it out now?

40. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: Been thinking about you lots--really hope everything continues to be okay.

@bluebubblez: I haven't told any of my family yet--still trying to find the right time. I almost feel...awkward??...this time around. But maybe that's because I know I'm going to have to ask my mom to watch the baby for a bit after I go back to work (which she's already volunteered to do, but still--it's a lot to ask!).

So, I had my first appointment this morning at nine weeks and everything looks good--big relief. I think this early ultrasound is my favorite...so teeny tiny and cute!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee