Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@sunnyday: oh no. Did you do back cause you had more bleeding or they just wanted you to follow up?

@babypugs: Glad that you had a great appointment!

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@babypugs: Yay for a good appointment!

3. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: They wanted me back! Tuesday night doctor had me come back Wednesday. Wednesday doctor wanted me back today. Today doctor said I am okay to stay away unless bleeding increases.

I'm back at work! With a solid lie to my bosses and colleague as to why I've been away. I am off tomorrow for actual vacation day too, and looking forward to a day off with no hospital visit!

4. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: No reason to go back at this point, so can hopefully stay away and do nothing until next routine appt on the 28th!!

5. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@bluebubblez: Ours don't know yet. It's still just us, my bff and her DH, and my DHs immediate next level up (not really his boss, but sort of) person at work. We plan to begin telling is everything looks okay after June 28th u/s and appointment.

6. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts. I am on a Canadian January 2017 board of about 130 Mom's and literally like 10 of them m/c'd between Monday and Tuesday, it was crazy, everyone was dropping like flies. So Tuesday night bleeding plus hospital I was part of that group and it feels amazing to still have this baby.

DH seems more positive than me. He was all over baby names while waiting at the hospital. I seem to be only good at coming up with boy names, but do think girl at this point. DH was focused on girl names. We have one boy name we are set on, girls we are all over the place. Our two are both "C" names, and we do not want another C name, of course there are a few we are drawn to (Connor for a boy name, especially) DH and I loved a girl K name for a girl, but a K name seems even sillier as all three names would still start "ch" "co" "ka" and the ka could easily be a ca, lol. Overthinking likely, but nice to think about something positive.

7. Smurfette

@sunnyday: We haven't even discussed names since I found out I was pregnant. We are waiting till we know the gender. I have a feeling either way it is going to be hard. I don't love a name for either gender. Or he has said, pre-pregnancy, no to names that I like. We will keep the name a secret till birth though.

8. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: Both our two were nameless their first three hours of life, we felt bad but wanted to settle after delivery, be alone and figure out the name (both times we literally sat with paper lists crossing our ideas out as we said them out loud, hahaha). It was funny because nurses seemed to be used to people have names right away or already. We definitely can't commit until baby in arms (we didn't even name our dog for a day and a half after we got him) but are not secretive of our names on list or top picks, we figure whatever! DH and I both work in education too, so former and current students and our experiences taint us on some names so badly.

I still need to sway DH on not being team green!!

9. Smurfette

@sunnyday: We didn't commit to a middle name till we at the hospital but the first name was a while waiting for the doctor after the gender ultrasound, I still like X (we talked pre-pregnancy) what do you think? yep, done. 2 min conversation. The name was one of the first questions the nurses asked me when we checked in.

10. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Aww, we're pulling for this baby too

We have a girl name ready but no boys name (same as last time).

11. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: Middle name was easy/no choices as we opted to use Grandparent names as middle names.

lol about "yep, done". Funny how you just know!!

@snowjewelz: Funny how easy it can come for one, versus other gender.

My step dad and DHs Dad have same name, so that was easy for DS middle name, DD we used my Mom's name for middle, so if this one is a girl.....we are definitely "forced" to use MILs name, which I am okay with. Hard enough to pick one name we like in a first name, nevermind two, so family names have worked for us for middle.

I think our top boy name is Andrew. We like Brennan, or Brendan too.

Girls names....Lauren, Jillian, Amy, the K name is Katherine (or Kathryn) but with our already C names in DD and DS it seems silly.

We have a very "strong" Scottish last name, and so far both kids names fall 75+ on "top names" lists, we are in the camp of heard before, only one or two ways to spell, heard it before but don't hear very often names.

I'm finding the boy name ideas coming very easy (though nothing beats Andrew for now) but am convinced girl comparing this pregnancy to my DDs (which I realize means nothing!)

12. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@MamaG2017: @afishermanswife:

Going to my Canadian Mama's.....are either of you taking full amount of time off? Shorter? Longer? Do you have top ups from employer?

13. bluebubblez

pea / 17 posts

@sunnyday: So glad to hear that mom and baby are doing well!!

We had our 10-week appointment today! We got to see our little baby on the 3-D ultrasound - so cool! We also opted to do the Panorama test so we should get results (including gender!) in two weeks. I wanted to go team green, but DH wants to know for our first one. I understand ... hopefully, we get to be team green next time!

14. Smurfette

@bluebubblez: yay! so exciting!

15. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@bluebubblez: how cool is that you got to do 3D this soon!!!

Happy Friday everyone!

16. snowjewelz

Nice! It seems like a few of us would know gender very soon! I have 2 appointments (1 for scan and 1 with OB) at the end of the month and I think gender should be ready then!

17. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: they aren't going to just call you? Mine said they would call as soon as they get the results. I don't go back till July 6th, ultrasound at the peri(due to AMA) and then have to go to my regular doc for a regular appointment. All on a day when I shouldn't be missing work, so I am going to have to tell work before hand.

18. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Oh! I have no idea what they said, I guess I also don't mind waiting till my appointment. At least you're close enough at this point! A lot more people know by now; I have to figure out who I still need to tell personally before I announce on FB and get it over with!

19. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I asked the lab tech who calls, the company or them, cause I don't answer my phone if I don't know the number. So if the company was calling I was going to have too. I am dying to know. I don't know how I waited till 20 weeks last time.

20. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Haha, I know right?!

21. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: It would have been really nice if they called by today so I could surprise DH on Father's Day. but I know it is a slim to none chance they did it in 2 days.

22. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Aww, so true! It would've been nice!

23. afishermanswife

coffee bean / 25 posts

@sunnyday: I'm definitely taking every second of leave I can get! I'll take vacation for December, then mat leave for all of 2017, then vacation for january. If all goes well I should get Dec 2016 - early Feb 2018 off! I'm a nurse, so I'll get the top up to 85% (I believe) for the first 17 weeks and then EI for the rest.

What about you?

24. afishermanswife

coffee bean / 25 posts

Sorry I've been MIA this week!
    Went back to work (I've been on leave for my mum's stem cell transplant for 8 weeks) and 12 hour shifts seem a lottttt longer with this whole first trimester thing. I'm so tired!
    I had to tell my coworkers as we have a lot of cytotoxic and radioactive patients but I'll admit it was fun to tell people, even if it is a bit early.

Next appointment is 12 weeks, looking forward to hearing the heartbeat. We saw it at the ultrasound but hearing it may feel more real. Also - my new due date is Jan 11

Thanks for all the input regarding genetic testing. We've decided to go ahead with it.
    Is anyone here expecting to find out gender early? We're team green but I'm excited to find out about other Jan mamas:)

25. Smurfette

@afishermanswife: due date twins! We did the blood draw on Wed and they said 5-10 days so I will be stalking my phone starting Wed!
    I think TG sounds so fun and I would love to do it but I am too much of a planner to actually do it!

26. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@afishermanswife: @Smurfette: I guilt myself to staying TG, and waiting doesn't seem so bad, but other (most!) moments I absolutely cannot imagine not finding out, arghhhh!

@afishermanswife: Hope your Mom is doing ok. You are a superstar for taking care of her and transitioning back to shift work! Re: time off. I'm about to be off work for a month (last day June 27! And was off last December for the month, I anticipate "getting" most of this December off (I do events and work weirdly variable hours at times, but am well "time owed back" I guess when we have time to do so! Plus an insane vacation allotment as is, so I hope I will be off from Dec 2016 probably to Jan 2018, unless I am preggo again (we are tentatively planning for 3 and 4 to be a close gap like 1 and 2) and I will go back sooner if needed to get hours in! I don't even want to say my top up, 93% for the full year, it's unreal. I accrue vacation time while off too, so I am still carrying Vacay days from my last mat leave that I just haven't used with the trading time back for the extra hours/odd days. I will go off sooner no problem, my last major event under my name is Nov 19, so I'd really like to just get to that, and then cruise into mat leave and it start whenever.

Taking the kids to a horse farm I used to ride at today to go see all the foals, so excited!!!

27. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@afishermanswife: I am incredibly jealous of your maternity leave! That is all.

28. Smurfette

@babypugs: ditto! I wish the US had a good leave policy. I know my bosses aren't going to be happy I am taking 12 weeks.

29. afishermanswife

coffee bean / 25 posts

@babypugs: @Smurfette: I know! Being on the boards makes me extra thankful for what I have. I'm not even a mom yet and already couldn't imagine going back so soon. You guys are champs!

@sunnyday: My mum's doing alright. Hopefully coming home this week! She's on day 62 now and they have to make it to 100 days before you are allowed to take a small sigh of relief. She tells all her doctors and nurses about "her baby" thats coming. It's so motivating for her!
    I'm very jealous of your top up for the whole year. How wonderful:)

30. snowjewelz

@afishermanswife: That really is awesome that you can take off for that long!! I just have my 12 weeks unpaid! I started saving for it, but got pregnant earlier than expected!

And I don't know how you do it with 12 hour shifts and taking care of your mom and being pregnant!

I should be finding out this week if they call, or next week when I go in.

31. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@afishermanswife: I hope your Mom hits that 100 day mark with no troubles <3. re: top up, it's a real benefit, and who knew it was a thing when I started working here. Talking with other Mom's while off made me really appreciate how lucky it is. It's not taxed the same though, so I have had to be careful and have additional taxes off to not owe huge at tax time, but have made out okay so far.

So last week with my bleeding and hospital stuff.....I blamed my son for the time off and made up a sickness. Last night he begged for some chocolate milk (dairy free boy!) and I caved thinking "oh it's just a little". Guess who was up all night in pain and is home today? The poor soul he is. So here I am home again and with him for real this week. He is usually pretty go go no matter what and I have been able to get a solid amount of work in and a conference call. So yah, bad parenting 101, don't cave to your kid. I am usually the strict one too with no exceptions to his diet, and of course.....gah I hope he feels better soon. It's a good reminder to stay super diligent with him especially while away this summer and completely out of routine.

No pg symptoms at all anymore really. No appetite at night for snacking which is sooo not me, but I'm not complaining about that one. I am noticing my belly is harder these last couple days versus just.....soft and flabby, lol.

32. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

Soo...how are you guys dealing with nausea/vomiting? I thought I was holding it together but it's gotten so bad the last couple of weeks. My doc offered meds, which I know are totally safe, but I still would prefer not to take them if at all possible.

I work somewhere where we only have access to basically public bathrooms--8 stalls open to anyone, be they fellow employee or visitor. It sucks trying to hold back from throwing up while your coworker is in the next stall.

Tips, tricks, and commiseration are all welcome!

33. Smurfette

@babypugs: I am taking meds for the nausea. I never threw up but I just felt like I was going to all day. It was a total game changer for me. So no advise, but I can't imagine how hard that would be.

34. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@babypugs: I am living on meds. If I don't take them on time, I am throwing up. It's bad with my son. He is upset that I am sick and then screaming.

I am starting to get better at 10 weeks. Is anyone else starting to lose their nausea?

35. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: Yes, definitely gotten better but there are still days that I'm randomly gagging

36. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Maybe I should cave and get the meds...although I'm 9.5 weeks, maybe that means I'm at the tail end! I can't remember when it eased up last time around.

My LO also gets upset when I'm sick. I don't blame her, cause ew!

37. Smurfette

@babypugs: I started Dicelgis at 9 weeks.

38. snowjewelz

Dr called on my way home from work; we are having another girl So thrilled! Haven't decided if I just want to tell DH tonight or wait a day and buy balloons to reveal it for him...

39. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: congrats! I couldn't wait!

40. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: Congratulations! !

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee