Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2013 Due Dates!

1. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@glimmersnaps: All the books say it's normal for them to be getting darker. I don't know if mine are, but my bbs are so sore all the time.

Morning/evening sickness definitely hit last night. So far I've eaten a bunch of saltines this morning. Now I could handle real food, but I'm at work and can't run out to get something until after a meeting. Must plan better for this...

2. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

EDD: July 19

How far along?: 7 weeks, 4 days

How long TTC?: 1st month

First child?: yes

First doctor's appointment: two weeks ago, but first ultrasound isn't until next Monday. The waiting is killing me! But the doctor confirmed I'm pregnant, told me my hormone levels are good, and everything else was good.

Symptoms so far: Horrible, awful, terrible 24-7 all day long morning sickness. I have tried sea bands, forcing myself to eat bland foods, lemon drops, ginger drops, ginger tea, ginger ale, coca cola, potato chips, peanut butter....you name it, I've tried it. I'm currently on Zofran, which allows me to be at work, but I still have to carry a barf bag around with me. =( Just hope it goes away in the second trimester! I'm also having the sore breasts, bloated belly, etc. Fun stuff!

Who have you told?: DH of course, and just our parents. We're waiting to tell anyone else until the second trimester

3. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@Anagram: Welcome and congratulations!!! Sorry you're feeling so bad from morning sickness - at least now you know princess Kate has it too! Hopefully it'll pass soon!!

4. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Well, update on me. The spotting appears to have completely stopped. My doctor didn't seem the first bit concerned about it, either. He did say, though, that he wanted me to have an early appointment with the midwife owing to my history - rather than the usual appointment at 9 weeks. The soonest they could fit me in, though, was 21/12/12, when I'll be 8+2 so I'll only be 5 days early but it's exciting to have my appointment date!

@Anagram: Hi and welcome!!! Oh, poor you, that sickness sounds awful. It must be super hard dealing with it at work when no-one knows you're pregnant.

5. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@Cherrybee: So glad everything turned out fine! And you have a date! Are you still going for a private scan earlier?

6. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@mrsvdv: Thank you. Yes, our scan is on the 14th. I'm super nervous but also really excited. I really hope they can see a heartbeat.

7. Bookish

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6581 posts

@Anagram: Welcome!! So sorry you are having a rotten time with the morning (HAH, morning) sickness!! Hang in there!

8. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

@Bookworm: @Cherrybee:

Thanks for the welcome ladies. Yes, "morning" sickness is the worst misnomer of all time. In all seriousness, had I known it could be this bad, I would have waited until May to concieve so I could just be sick all summer when I don't work (I work in a school). Kicking myself now..... =)

9. Charcole2011

cherry / 103 posts

@Anagram: welcome and congrats! we are *almost* EDD twins (I'm July 18)!
    @Cherrybee: so glad all is well!

For everyone feeling the bloat...I got a belly band (actually two, a black one and a white one) this weekend and they are definitely helpful! It makes me feel slightly less ridiculous than already busting out maternity jeans but makes my too-tight pants SO much more comfortable!

10. Foodnerd81

@Charcole2011: I'm confused about this Belly Band thing. You wear it over your pants so you can leave them unbuttoned, right? Don't your pants always feel like they are sliding down, then? I feel like I'd always be hiking them up, like when you wear a pair that are a little big without a belt.

I've just been wearing skirts and dresses, since most of mine are stretchy or loose anyway.

11. Charcole2011

cherry / 103 posts

@Foodnerd81: yes, that's how you wear them, but mine is tight enough that I don't feel like my pants are sliding down. there are different sized belly bands and I got the smallest size (they say to go based on your pre-preg clothes size - I think it's like 0-4 gets a small, 6-8 medium, etc) and it's tight enough that I haven't had trouble. I am only wearing them with my tightest pants so far though (like today, I have a pair of pants that are loose enough they still button and I don't need the band). I still zip the pants as far as I can comfortably, and then pull the band down over. I had heard of some people not loving the bands for exactly the reason you are saying, but it hasn't bothered me yet (granted, I have worn mine like twice, so take that with a grain of salt...)

I haven't worn many skirts and dresses even though I have some that are loose because it's cold here (NYC) and tights are making my belly itch (weird, I know)! Plus I am peeing so often that I feel like tights would be annoying all day, lol.

12. glimmersnaps

apricot / 491 posts

@anagram Welcome and sorry to hear you're feeling so terrible! The only two things I can think of that may help are eliminating dairy and acupuncture. In my first pregnancy I was eating yogurt and cereal all the time and throwing up constantly. My midwife told me that some people can become lactose intolerant during pregnancy. Who knew!! Acupuncture also helped me. I used it for nausea and lots of other ailments.

So I think I'm going to go try on a pair of maternity pants and see how they fit. I feel really silly but I only have one pair of pants (that have to be safety pinned) and I'm going to Canada next week! Yeah, I was cold today and it was 65 degrees where I live.....!

13. Bookish

We had our first appointment! It was sooo cool seeing the baby! The little heartbeat was so strong and fast! The part that was a 'boo' was they moved me from 9w1d to 8w2 (now 3d) sooo I have another week to go! lol! I still don't get how that works, because that means I got my BFP at 3 weeks! Oh, and twins run in my family, so I am thrilled there is only ONE! little LO in there! Woohoo!

14. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

@glimmersnaps: I actually just read about eliminating dairy on Sunday, when I was looking for an acupuncturist online! I found an acupucturist near me, and on their website it mentioned that dairy can sometimes make morning sickness worse.

That makes sense to me, because Saturday was a really bad day for me, so all I ate all day long was..... three bowls of rice chexx cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I picked it because I couldn't think of anything more bland, but I kept feeling worse and worse as the day went on!

So, today I'm trying dairy free and I'm going to see if there are any improvements. Crossing my fingers!

15. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

@glimmersnaps: also, try some maternity pants! I'm actually wearing some today and you can't tell at all once I have my shirt on.

I didn't actually go to look for maternity pants, but yesterday I walked through Macy's to get to the Sprint store in a mall near me, and they had a small maternity section with some clearance items, so I picked up a pair of pants to try on...and they are niiice. They're black skinny pants and the top part isn't knit, it's more like spandex, so they fit a little tighter than other types of maternity pants (they still feel a bit loose up top, but right now, tightness hurts me, so I don't mind loose).

These are the ones I got on clearance:
    http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=92014Z10270&MasterCategory_Id=MC5

16. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Bookworm: aww, congratulations on a great doctor's appointment! I also wonder how the time-moving thing works. I charted so I'm 99.9999% confident on the day I O'd. If they move me I'm going to be very confused ^^;;.

I've been eating tiny bits of things all morning trying to hold the nausea at bay. Mostly raisins (I heard that the sugar can help; yesterday I swear jelly beans were helping me, but I definitely don't want to eat that all day!) and crackers and bread. Carbs are definitely my comfort food.

Three weeks exactly until my Dr's appointment...sigh!

17. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Bookworm: Congrats on a brilliant appointment!

18. Bookish

So, I hate facebook. My BIL, who is a very nice guy with not a mean bone in his body, misunderstood something we told him about letting people know about baby, anddddd posted a happy, congratulatory post about how his brother is having a baby! on facebook! Before I had said ANYTHING on facebook,. This happened last night and he's since apologized and I've calmed down from nuclear fury...but man, I'm so freaking annoyed. Now my x-mas card announcements are meaningless, and our extended family found out from someone other than US!

19. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Bookworm: Oh no!!!!! That's awful!!! I would have been so angry!!!!

20. Foodnerd81

@Bookworm: oh no!! I would be really upset too. But, I don't think your Xmas cards will be meaningless. There have been plenty of times I've heard rumors and was no less excited when the parents told me. Everyone will still be thrilled.

21. Bookish

@Cherrybee: @Foodnerd81: Yeah, I was pretty pissed. Like, crying on the couch for hours pissed. But..I went ahead and posted my OWN announcement, and the next time I saw BIL he apologized like 18 times.. soo I'll get over it. I will still send out the X-mas cards, because not everyone in the world has FB!

22. glimmersnaps

apricot / 491 posts

@anagram how are you doing since you've been off dairy?
    @bookworm I'm so glad my in-laws don't have FB! Hopefully you can make your gender announcement a big deal.

How's everyone else?

I've been worried lately that something is wrong. It's just this nagging feeling I have and I know my DH thinks I'm crazy. I just wish I could hear the heartbeat! I guess I'm just struggling with is this normal pregnancy anxiety or is it my intuition.

23. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@glimmersnaps: I've been crazy nauseous since two mondays ago. Also super cold and exhausted...in retrospect, I may have been running a fever at times? Not sure. Both those symptoms stopped today, and even the nausea's not as bad. Two more weeks until my drs appointment...I want to hear the heartbeat so badly.

What makes you think something is wrong?

24. glimmersnaps

apricot / 491 posts

@strawberrybee It's hard to explain. I guess I don't feel pregnant. And I keep thinking how sick I was last time and this time it's not as bad. My appointment is the 21st. When is yours?

25. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@glimmersnaps: mine is on the 26th. This is my first so I don't have anything to compare it to. I have heard that pregnancies can be very different, so I don't think that a change in severity of symptoms necessarily means anything is wrong. *hugs* that being said, every time my nausea eases up I get worried! can you schedule an earlier appointment just to ease your mind?

26. glimmersnaps

apricot / 491 posts

@strawberrybee We are going out of town for a week on Thursday and when I initially called they said that it was "unlikely" that I would hear the heartbeat this week, even thought I'm 9 weeks. I don't know why but they don't want to see anyone before 10 weeks. I'm hoping that traveling at least will help get my mind off of it.

27. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@glimmersnaps: interesting! My dr wanted to see me after 8 weeks (I'll be 8 weeks 5 days at the appointment). I thought that hearing the heartbeat does come later, but seeing the heartbeat can be as early as 6 weeks?

The good news is that the further along you are, the more you'll get to see. I do hope that traveling helps distract you.

28. glimmersnaps

apricot / 491 posts

@strawberrybee I go to a midwife and they don't have ultrasound machines so I guess that why they don't see any point in the early appointments. I know a lot of people hear the beat early but I guess it's better to wait than be in limbo!

29. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Hi Everyone! I had my first scan today at a private clinic! It was a transvaginal, which was pretty weird but not too bad! The baby looks like a blob - and is measuring 8 weeks!! And.....we heard the heartbeat!

I'm so relieved because I have, like, no symptoms!!! Every now and then I think I may feel a little queasy.. then it goes again!! @glimmersnaps: I hope you're listening to this - symptoms mean NOTHING. Every person and every pregnancy is totally different, you just can't predict what's going on in there!!!

30. Charcole2011

cherry / 103 posts

@glimmersnaps: I am the same way - and I have already seen (but not heard, because it was only 7 weeks) the heartbeat of our LO! But it's been two weeks and I don't have many symptoms, so I am still worried. I have another appointment next Thursday and I think I am going to beg for another u/s then just to check on things!
    @Cherrybee: the fact that you aren't having many symptoms and all is still fine with you makes me feel a bit better! isn't the transvag u/s weird?! my tech was moving it ALL around up in there...so strange, haha.

31. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Charcole2011: The weirdest thing was that DH was in the room, watching while a stranger snapped a condom onto a plastic rod and inserted it into my lady parts!!! Once the baby was on the screen, it suddenly stopped being awkward - we were just staring at it!

32. Charcole2011

cherry / 103 posts

@Cherrybee: yep, same here. DH was awkwardly trying not to get in the way (the room was kind of small), or stare...haha. but yes, once she pointed out the heart beat, no longer awkward =)

33. ourwiredlives

coffee bean / 26 posts

haha.. I totally know. DH was weirded out by the transvaginal wand too. He was trying really hard to stay up closer to my head.

We got our first u/s a couple days ago. Got both types the on the belly and the transvaginal. It was magical! Saw the heartbeat and was just stunned. Doc also moved our due date up to July 14th and said our miscarriage rate is below 10% now. I'm super excited because my symptoms have been slowly going away. Thank goodness!

34. Foodnerd81

@Charcole2011: @Cherrybee: I've been wondering how it will go with DH there. Not just for the transvag u/s, but all the other things, questions, etc. I mean, we made a baby, we are pretty close and all, but I'm not sure I need him to be there when I'm asking about all the gas I've been having (he's sadly experienced enough of it already, doesn't need to hear too much about it!). At the end of the day, I don't really care, but still. I haven't had someone in the room with me at the doctor's since my mom brought me to my pediatrician.

35. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Cherrybee: woohoo, congrats honey! Glad to hear all went well. And enjoy that lack of symptoms; all day nausea sucks

36. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Anyone else think the first trimester is going really slowly??!

37. Charcole2011

cherry / 103 posts

@ourwiredlives: ooh, I like that your doc told you that - mine didn't specify any sort of risk percentage, but my symptoms have been pretty minimal all along and seem to be better (less) now than a couple of weeks ago, which has been making me nervous! trying to enjoy NOT being sick, but I wish I could feel that without worrying something is wrong! we have an appointment with our new OB on Thursday and I am really hoping I can get another u/s then just to check on things!
    @Cherrybee: yes, I feel like it's dragging, mostly because I am sooo ready to be able to tell everyone! I am terrible at keeping secrets and it feels like it's been so long already!!

38. Foodnerd81

I just had my first appointment, finally! Sadly, no ultra sound. Silly me keeping careful track of periods and knowing when I ovulated, they said a dating ultrasound isn't necessary (plus they couldn't have done it today anyway). They tried to hear the heartbeat but at barely 8 weeks, we couldn't hear it. So, nothing really new although I got answers to my questions I didn't want to trust to the internet. We'll go in a month for the early screening and that will be the first ultrasound.
    @Cherrybee: Yes, it's definitely going slowly, especially when you consider the first 4 weeks you weren't really even pregnant! It's not just the not telling people-- I am holding on to the belief that the first trimester nausea and exhaustion will go away totally at 12 weeks. Only 4 more weeks, right??

39. Bookish

@Cherrybee: Ugh, yes. I'm like.. 11 weeks? THAT'S IT?! haha. Plus my extreme hunger/bloating has gone away and now I don't feel very pregnant Just chubby I'd like to have my nice round belly now!

40. Foodnerd81

@Bookworm: Haha I know-- we told our friend last night and while she was drunk, she was like, you're already such a cute pregnant woman! I was like, yeah, that's just me eating carbs all day, that's not baby bump...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee