1. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@glimmersnaps: Very cute!! I love the photo montage on your personal site

2. glimmersnaps

apricot / 491 posts

@Pepper thanks! I've been plotting it since I found out I was pregnant

3. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

Lots of good stuff happening! I had my first ultrasound yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. It took the midwife a long time to find a good heartbeat, which was really scary, but I guess the little bugger kept moving around too much. Once she finally got a good spot, I laughed and then it moved away again!
    The first ultrasound looked good-- it's so awesome to see it moving around in there, kicking, waving its arms around, doing flips pretty much. It feels more real now, but somehow I'm still not ready to tell everyone yet. We get the bloodwork results in a week with any risks of DS or Trisomy, but I'm not really worried about them.
    And, finally, nausea and fatigue seem to be on their way out! I just usually feel pretty crappy at bedtime.
    Hope everyone is having a good month!

4. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Foodnerd81: Great to hear you're starting to feel better - and that your scan went well!!

We had our 12 week scan today! Everything looked good, baby was wiggling about in there! I was bowled over when he/she came on the screen - for some reason I was panicking that the baby had disappeared and they'd find nothing in there! But there he/she was - looking totally like a baby (it was basically a blob at our early scan!!).

My due date has been pushed back to 31st July again - which makes my TTC chart bang on accurate!!

5. Foodnerd81

@Cherrybee: My due date is the 30th-- maybe we'll have date twins

6. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Foodnerd81: That would be fun!! Have you got any sign of a belly yet?? I thought I had but since the 1st trimester digestive wrongness has calmed down it's gone away. Mind, it's hard to tell as I'm quite insulated round the middle anyway!!

7. Foodnerd81

@Cherrybee: Yup, it's smaller than it was 2 weeks ago with all the bloating and water weight then. I can actually button some of my pants again. I've also lost a couple of pounds in the last 4 weeks, but again, I know it was just insane water weight. So yeah, no real bump yet.

8. MommaD

pea / 5 posts

Hi there!
    i just joined Hello Bee , came over from Wedding Bee. I found the July 2013 board was pretty much all FTM's and i'm a STM so hoping i can relate to more people over here

i'm due July 1st so i'm 17 weeks today! We are team green and are so excited to have another baby!

9. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@MommaD: Welcome!! I'm due August 2nd but still hanging around on the July board. 12 and a half weeks along and just had my first ultrasound :).

10. SouthPaw

cherry / 204 posts

@glimmersnaps: love the announcement!

@Foodnerd81: happy to hear ultrasound went well! Send your good vibes this way nausea still kickin my booty!

@Cherrybee: happy your mind is at ease, seeing is always better!! Glad you are feeling less bloated!

@MommaD: welcome!!!! 17 weeks, that's awesome!! I believe ftm and STM are first/second time moms? If yes we have a good mix here! I am a first timer:)

We had a follow up apt today to see if the blood previously seen on the ultrasound decreased... It grew and I am now pulled from work and couch ridden. :(. We did however get good news, we are definitely having a BOY!!!!! We are measuring ahead at 15 weeks. Still pretty bummed about bed rest... But healthy baby trumps work.

When do you all have your next apts?

11. Foodnerd81

@SouthPaw: Oh, that's too bad about the bed rest. Did they say how long? I hope it's just short term, for your own sanity, but yes, healthy baby is most important.

I actually got the 'all your results were normal' call today from the ultrasound and first trimester screening! I assumed it would be, but it was really nice to hear it. And I told my boss today, will start telling everyone else at work later this week probably. I've been calling my long distance friends and telling them too and will just tell our friends as we see them. And all of a sudden on Friday, there was a little bump there! Exciting times.

12. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@MommaD: Welcome! I'm due July 3rd, so we're very close in dates! Congrats on baby number 2

@SouthPaw: Sorry to hear about the bedrest, but yay for a boy!!! You are right, healthy baby is definitely most important. I hope you continue to do well!

@Foodnerd81: Yay for all results normal! Very reassuring

My next appointment is February 6th... Gender scan!! Can't wait to see what we're having (though I feel pretty strongly that it's a boy!)

Anyone taking bump pictures yet? I've been taking some here and there as the weeks progress, but I think at almost 17 weeks I'm starting to look noticeably pregnant!

13. Foodnerd81

@Pepper: It's funny how we are due the same month but are so far apart-- I'm only 13 weeks. I've been doing bump pics every few weeks, but they haven't changed much. This past Friday was when I noticed something there, but I don't think anyone who didn't know me already would notice.

I forgot to add early, next appt is the regular 16 week check up, then the anatomy scan on March 7. We aren't finding out the gender until he or she is born, but we have both been feeling boy anyway. DH and I keep calling it 'he', much to DH's delight (he not at all secretly wants a boy).

Anyone have names picked out? Are you sharing them? We decided we aren't really sharing with people IRL, when we do decide. We've got a girl name we really like, but are totally stuck on boys.

14. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@Foodnerd81: Haha I know, it's only 4 weeks, but it feels like a big difference. I started noticing a bit of a bump at 13 weeks too. I have a pretty small torso, so I feel like everything in there can only go out because there's no room to go up (if that makes any sense).

We have names picked out, but I'm not sure if we're going to share them. We wanted it to be a surprise and wait til the baby is born, but several of my friends have protested because they want to do name oriented things for the shower! Guess we'll have to see if we can keep it a secret.

15. glimmersnaps

apricot / 491 posts

Hi all! Glad to hear about all the ultrasounds I'm out of town visiting family (Baton Rouge, LA now) and I don't really get a good chance to check my email and stuff.

@Foodnerd81 I had a similar thing happen to me with the heartbeat. I guess s/he is just a wriggly little monkey!

Also, regarding names, I haven't really got any picked out. I'm sort of thinking I might wait until s/he is born and then decide!

@Southpaw Too bad about the bed rest. I hope you get cleared soon!

@MommaD Welcome! I'm a second-time mom too. How old is your first? My son will be 2 next month. I've been suuuuch a 'bad Mommy' since I've been pregnant. He's eaten way more fast food and watched lots of cartoons while I slept on the couch!!

Take care, Mamas

16. MommaD

pea / 5 posts

Hi ladies!
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes!
    @SouthPaw: you would be correct FTM/STM are just so much easier to write! Congrats on your pregnancy!

@glimmersnaps: my son is 15 months, I totally know what u mean! My son spends a lot of time in the play room while I sleep on the floor!

I haven't started taking pictures but I do have a serious bump. We have names and are sharing them bc not many people we know are having kids yet. If it's a boy he will be Jonah Albert and if it's a girl she will be Marijke Eileen.

i'm feeling lots of movement already, anyone else?

17. glimmersnaps

apricot / 491 posts

@MommaD I feel movement usually only at night when I'm lying on my side and stomach. That was just how it was with my first, too. I'm only like 15 weeks now and I've been feeling the movements since about 12. My midwife actually questioned if I was further along since my uterus is also pretty big, but I think it's just a STM thing. I can't remember when I first felt kicks with #1 but I know it was after my 18-week ultrasound.

I need to start taking belly photos... I'm too forgetful! A friend of mine is pregnant and she is doing belly pics but in random places and doing random things like "21 weeks in Texas" and she's standing in front of a big rock. It's pretty cute.

18. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@MommaD: I'm a FTM, but I'm pretty sure I'm feeling what I think are movements... They feel like little bubbles popping. I'm 17 weeks today, and I've been feeling them for the past couple of days. I can't wait til they get stronger/more regular, because I only feel them every once in awhile... And I'm always second guessing myself if it's really movement!

19. Foodnerd81

@Pepper: The midwife told me 16 weeks is the earliest they would usually start, so sounds like movement to me!
    Nothing for me so far, but I'm only 13 weeks.

20. MommaD

pea / 5 posts

@glimmersnaps: the exact same thing happened with me! my doctor sent me for an ultrasound at 8 weeks bc they thought i was further along. i feel movement at random times morning,noon and night. That sounds like such a cute idea! it's so hard to find time to take pictures i find.

@Pepper: sound like movement to me!! Congrats! No worries i sometimes think i see my belly move i think it might be my eyes playing tricks on me!

i love how we always want to feel the baby but when we are 38 weeks pregnant and the baby is kicking like crazy we will be so very sick of it. ( or atleast i was with my first)

21. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@Foodnerd81 @MommaD: I hope so! Haha so true, I'm sure when the kicks become painful, I'll be less excited

22. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Hi All! Just wondering how you're all doing??

I'm really well! The first trimester symptoms are all gone now - even the pelvic pain has calmed down to an annoying niggle again - and I've got a bump going on so I'm starting to actually feel pregnant! It's lovely!

23. SouthPaw

cherry / 204 posts

@Cherrybee & @Pepper: I saw both of your pic posts and you are both looking great!!!!

Has everyone started taking bump photos??

I am waiting a little while... not sure if it's bloat or bump yet We have a follow up ultrasound today to see if the SCH has shrank, stabilized or hopefully disappeared! Fingers crossed ladies.

I hope you all have a great day!

24. Bookish

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6581 posts

Sorry, haven't popped in in a while! I woke up today and felt pregnant! Like, looked in the mirror and there is a very obvious bump, instead of an awkward B of belly bloat and mini-bump. It's crazy! On the no-fun side, I've started swelling in my ankles and feet really bad I'm gonna post a thread about it to see if anyone else got swelling at 16 weeks! My poor little sausage feet! Hope everyone is doing well!

@SouthPaw: I have! I started at 5 weeks, haha. I haven't taken one in a few though, I need to remember to do that tonight!

25. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@SouthPaw: What have I missed?? What's an SCH? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you anyway.....

I'm not taking proper bump pictures yet. I don't know if I'm going to, really. I might just do the odd one now and again....

26. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Bookworm: Oh no!! I'm sorry about your swelling. That must be awful for you. Hopefully some experienced bees can offer you some advice.... you poor thing. Hugs for you.

27. Foodnerd81

@SouthPaw: I started taking bump photos every so often at 5 weeks-- so I'd have a before picture (ha I waited until I was having a day I felt skinny and had DH take it then My intention was to do it every 4 weeks, like week 8, 12, 16, but I've been doing it more randomly, when I remember and when DH is home to do it, when I feel like i looks nice... But last week I had what I am pretty sure was baby bump, not just bloat, and this week it's definitely starting to look pregnant. So now of course I'm worried that I'm showing too early, like @Cherrybee: posted about in her other thread.

14 weeks, so second trimester, finally!

28. SouthPaw

cherry / 204 posts

@Cherrybee: SCH - Subchorionic Hematoma. Basically we have bleeding in the uterus but I am not actually seeing signs of it. I currently have blood outside of the sac where DS is and if it does not stabilize it could cause issues further down the road. At the first ultrasound we had 23 cc's which we were later told was 40% of my uterus with blood. The doctor down played the severity and then was honest at the next apt when it reduced to 2.3 cc's saying she was relieved (I in turn was pissed at the down-play but alas I got over it). We went in one more time 2 weeks later to make sure all was fine and dandy and the SCH actually increased to 4.something cc's and she again was concerned and determined bed rest was the best approach to ensure this stabilizes and heals before it can cause an issue to the placenta or worse preterm labor. SO! Bed rest has been tortuous as I try to work and stay afloat emotionally but we are going today at 2:30 in hopes that the SCH is smaller or gonezo =) ::phew::

Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

29. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@SouthPaw: Oh my goodness, how frightening. I will most definitely keep my fingers crossed for you. Please let us know how your scan goes and how you are.

30. SouthPaw

cherry / 204 posts

@Cherrybee: We just got home from the doc, no change from the previous week. Not good news but it's not bad either... I am on bed rest for another week at least.

Hope you are all doing great.

31. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@SouthPaw: Aaaaaaaaaw... I'm so sorry. I mean, it's not terrible news in that it hasn't got any worse, right? Another week on bed rest - bleugh! I hope your hubby is looking after you and bringing you books and magazines to read? I'll be thinking of you - do keep us informed and come on here to chat if you get bored resting!

32. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@SouthPaw: I'm sorry it didn't shrink. Hopefully since it hasn't grown it'll go away eventually. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Will you go in again next week?

Hope everyone is doing well... glad we're all in the 2nd trimester! July can't come soon enough

33. SouthPaw

cherry / 204 posts

@Cherrybee: @Pepper: thank you ladies for the support. Luckily I feel like I won the husband lottery how supportive and caring he has been! I just wish I could contribute to chores and helping him around the house. I am definitely disappointed and sad but know this is what's best for the baby! I will be here more frequently....

34. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@SouthPaw: Good! I'm glad he's taking care of you both!! Don't worry, you can make up for all the chores by pushing a human being out of your hoohah! Besides, I'm sure you'll be on your feet again in no time.

35. SouthPaw

cherry / 204 posts

@Cherrybee: ahhh hoohah I am glad I was able to swallow the water I am drinking vs. snarfing it all over my computer. Thanks for the laugh

36. Bookish

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6581 posts

@Cherrybee: Thanks! So far I've just been putting my feet up a lot lol. The dr said the baby is just starting to get big enough to get on nerves/veins so it's causing discomfort. Oh well!!

@SouthPaw: Oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry you are on bed rest and dealing with that! That must be scary, but I'm sure it will resolve soon!!

37. andrea86

cherry / 134 posts

Hello! I know I'm a little late to the game, but I thought it would be fun to join you guys!

EDD: July 27
    How far along?: 15 weeks tomorrow!!
    How long TTC?: 3 months
    First child?: Nope! I have a 13 year old stepdaughter, a 6 year old, and twin 4 year olds.
    Who have you told?: Just announced to everyone last week! Yay! It seems so real and official now!

Im excited to get to know you all and compare/share experiences!

38. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@andrea86: Welcome! Congrats on your new addition, I love big families! Will you be finding out the gender?

39. andrea86

cherry / 134 posts

@Pepper: I love big families too! We are planning on not finding out the gender, but I'm not sure if I will have enough willpower at the ultrasound!!

40. MommaD

pea / 5 posts

Hey ladies!
    Just an update since i haven't posted for awhile! i'm 19 weeks and i have my 20 week ultrasound on monday ( Yay for pictures!!) we are team green so we arent finding out the sex. i haven't gained any weight yet so i have my nest prenatal on Feb 14th and we willl see what the doctors scale says. have been really dizzy due to low blood pressure but other than that everything has been amazing! can't believe i'm almost half way!! woo hooo!! how are the rest of the july mamas doing?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee