Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@QBbride: I'm so sorry you are feeling so sick! I can definitely empathize, I feel horrendous the whole day and night and am taking medication. As soon as I get up I throw up, then spend the rest of the morning feeling really sick. Afternoons are much better, but still nauseous. It's a good sign though, that's what I keep telling myself.

2. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@BlueWolverine: so sorry strength to you as you wait to see what happens.

I'm gearing up for a kid-free evening tonight, heading out with a girlfriend for a mega-christmas shop. I'm more excited than anyone in their right mind should be. Dinner! Shopping! WHOOHOO! (must keep eyes open and not fall asleep in the car!)

3. cait

apricot / 268 posts

I haven't gotten more then a little queazy yet, but I'm still only 4 weeks and last time m/s didn't kick in for me until closer to 6. I am, however, ravenous ALL of the time. Anyone else? I don't remember ever feeling this hungry before. I'm glad I'm a WAHM just so I don't need to explain my steady stream of snacks to anyone!

4. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@FannyMae: Eating AND shopping without kids!? *high five*

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@FannyMae: Have fun!
    @cait: I eat ALL the time because it's the only time I don't want to vomit...and I just lost weight before getting KU.

6. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@travelgirl1: thanks! It really sucks. Are you feeling better with the medication? I'm super nauseous but haven't thrown up yet. Part of me thinks I'd feel better momentarily if I threw up, but I'm bit sure.

I really took feeling so great last time for granted...

7. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@cait: ravenous you say?? im munching on maple coated cashews, after eating a bowl of buttered flat noodles with parmesan.

oh that double edged sword of "do I throw up and feel better/feel worse?"... Last time I leant towards feeling worse after ralphing, mainly because it was bile :S

8. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

9. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@QBbride: I feel better on it but still feel pretty bad. It hasn't stopped me throwing up in the morning, but it makes the afternoons much better and helps me sleep too.

10. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

I'm so behind on this thread! You all are very active and we have new faces! Welcome!

@travellingbee: I was so excited to hear your news! All before you ever had to start IUI and injectibles. YAY! I'm thinking positive, doubling numbers for you. Hope Friday reveals good news!

@BlueWolverine: Tuesday is too far away...can they see you sooner? I hope that your number rises and this is just a little blip on your way to a happy, healthy pregnancy.

11. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

Wow! You ladies are much more active than my last due date thread!

The fatigue is killing me. We are in the middle of snowpocalypse right now and after driving home white knuckled I eat dinner and then fall asleep for 11 hours. I feel like I hardly see DD but I am just. so. tired.

12. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Reese: Oh my goodness! That's an AMAZING number! Hope you're settling in for a long 9 months

@mrsvdv: Welcome and congratulations! I've been to Bruge - where in Belgium do you live?

@FannyMae: Welcome and congratulations to you!

13. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@MrsH: Get that sleep! You're growin' bones!

-----
    I'm off to my ultrasound with my RE in a few hours. I'm trying to stay happy and hopeful. I don't have much reason to think that there won't be a baby in there, but it's all still a big mystery until you get to see your insides, you know? It's been almost 2 weeks since my last beta. I just need another reminder that "you are pregnant!" Hoping to see a little flicker on the screen today.

14. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@sweetooth: I know the feeling...Wishing you am awesome ultrasound!

15. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@sweetooth: Gah, I always felt tense until I saw/heard something even when I could feel DD kicking me at the same time. Big hugs!

16. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@sweetooth: Wishing you an awesome ultrasound!!!

17. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@FannyMae: I have been thinking about buttered noodles since I read your comment last night before falling asleep! I'm thinking it'll be lunch today.

@sweetooth: Good luck with your appt! The ultrasound makes it so much more real. I'm excited for you! Can't wait until my first appt... it's still a month away!

18. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@sweetooth: good luck today! Can't wait to hear your great news!
    PS I'm voting that you've got twins in there

19. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

I saw the flicker of the tiny little heart growing in my belly! Oh, I love that sight! Just as magical the second time around!

@simplyfelicity: @MrsH: @Candy_nee: @cait: @QBbride: thank you all for your sweet comments

@QBbride: No twins in this uterus! Who has the next ultrasound?

@cait: Butter noodles were one of my go-to meals the last time I was pregnant. Soooo good!

20. NurseDMB

kiwi / 643 posts

@travellingbee: hoping your number doubles! If it makes you feel better, mine was 22 at 12dpo. They basically told me I was having a chemical pregnancy, but they continue to double and I'm not having any spotting or bleeding, so I'm remaining optimistic at this point. Fingers crossed for you!

21. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@sweetooth: oh wow! Congrats!!! The picture of the little bean never gets old hey? It's perfect already!

Hmm I wonder if there will be any twins?! In my last due date group (different forum) there were 6 sets of twins and only 1 of them were a result of fertility treatments!!

I feel SO much better today. I actually woke an appetite and now I want to eat everything haha! I'm so grateful I'm feeling better though. I was so miserable!

22. NurseDMB

kiwi / 643 posts

@BlueWolverine: so sorry!

23. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@NurseDMB: it's weird that your doctor said cp and mine said it was fine

24. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@sweetooth: that little nugget is just perfect!!

------

Oh man I forgot about the "you need to eat now or you're going to throw up or pass out or both" feeling! I was in a meeting from 11-12 and never really felt hungry. Then toward the end I started to feel like I was going to puke. When it finally ended I left and started to get all hot and shaky. I had my lunch in the fridge but was legit afraid I wouldn't make it down to my car to eat it. Luckily I had a donut and calmed down after a minute. Whew!

25. NurseDMB

kiwi / 643 posts

Update:

So my levels at 12 DPO were 22. This past Monday (18dpo) they were 243, and I just got the call this morning that on Wednesday (20dpo) they were at 479. I'm remaining optimistic at this point but I still feel like that's so darn low! If I go by LMP, I would be 5 weeks 5 days. If I go by suspected O date, then I am 5 weeks. So almost a week off.

I am still a bit worried at this point, because I feel like it's 50-50 at this point on whether it will be a successful pregnancy. I have not had any spotting or bleeding. But besides occasional sore boobs and being tired, I have no symptoms. No nausea whatsoever. Which would make sense since my levels are still low.

They're putting me on progesterone suppositories again, and I have an ultrasound scheduled for December 1st. Praying for good news.

Hope you ladies are feeling ok!❤

26. NurseDMB

kiwi / 643 posts

@travellingbee: yeah, well this nurse in particular at my OB office is not so nice.. Lol. She said it was either too early or a chemical pregnancy but she was pretty cold about it over the phone. If you look at average hcg numbers for DPO, yours still falls within normal range so I really wouldn't be concerned, especially if your OB isn't.

27. NurseDMB

kiwi / 643 posts

@FannyMae: oh that sounds like fun! I'm heading to the mall later this afternoon, but with my toddler. LOL

@sweetooth: yay! Hi baby

28. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@NurseDMB: I've been thinking about you! Such a positive update. If your #s are doubling, I'd take that as a great sign!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

29. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

what's up with grumpy nurses? they seriously can make or break your appointments... I had my first appointment yesterday and wondered if anyone is planning on early screening or later screening for genetic testing? We didn't do anything with my LO and he's great but I'm really nervous about this one. My husband wants to go the non testing route... anyone have insight?

30. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@sweetooth: Little bean!! Aw!! What a magical moment.

@NurseDMB: So glad to hear your numbers are increasing! Fingers crossed everything continues to look up for you.

31. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: we didn't do any testing the first time because I was worried about the high false positive rate and the results wouldn't have changed anything. I feel like with one LO already, it sort of changes things... if we had a baby with a disability we might have to plan differently and it would impact the older child's life too. So I think we will do testing (just blood tests since I don't qualify for the NT) with the NIPT (which normally costs $795 but they are enrolling in a study so it would be FREE!). The NIPT has virtually no false positives and we could find out the gender earlier than the anatomy u/s.

32. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

@sweetooth: BEAUTIFUL

@NurseDMB: the first tri is so so so hard and it is not easy not to be a nervous wreck. try to take solace in the fact that your numbers are doubling great and that is all they want to see at this point!

33. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@NurseDMB: I think the doubling rate still seems relatively normal. I'm sorry you're stressed. It's probably going to be just one of those things that only time will tell.
    @sweetooth: Nice!!

I have my first ultrasound on Tuesday at what should be 7w2d by O date but almost 8 weeks by LMP. I'm excited and terrified.

34. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@QBbride: I say you eat everything in sight while you have your appetite!

@Candy_nee: Keep little snacks in your pockets. I remember one work meeting where I just kept eating. I'm surprised no one said anything to me. I was munching the entire meeting!

@NurseDMB: Stay optimistic! Those happy thoughts will go down to your uterus and help make that baby grow!

@Mrs. Pickles: I think my only hesitation for early screening/testing is unnecessary worry. We had a marker for fluid in my son's kidneys and it required monitoring, and testing upon birth, as well as follow-up appointments. Ultimately, everything was fine. And it is amazing that modern medicine can help us see problems that our babies can have even when they are in utero. And if there are things that can be done while they are on the inside, that's incredible. But in the end, my level of worry was elevated for most of my pregnancy. And I wonder if that stress was worth it. Probably yes. But still, just something to consider. I do think knowledge is power.

35. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@NurseDMB: They're going up and that's what matters! Try to stay positive!!!!
    @sweetooth: I need to start. I didn't even realize I was hungry until it was too late. When I started to get the "mouth sweats" (Thanks New Girl for that awesome new phrase!!) I knew I was too late.

36. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Tidybee: I feel the same way...I almost wish I could cancel mine because I just want to bury my head in the sand. Healthy, right?

37. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Candy_nee: I hate that feeling! I waited too long to eat and I was dry heaving on my way to the store to get dinner.

38. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@sweetooth: What a precious little gummy bear!

39. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@sweetooth: hello beautiful baby!!! Our first u/s is still three weeks away and I'm already counting down the days. To answer your question, we live in the eastern part of the country, close to the Dutch and German borders. Bruges is about 2.5 hours away from here.

40. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@simplyfelicity: yeah I both need to know right now and don't ever want to know. We're totally normal
    With the exception of DD, every ultrasound I've had has led to nothing but bad news. Ugh.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee