Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@ValentineMommy: great name!!!
    @QBbride: we're most likely not doing a double stroller. Our kids will be 2y4m apart and DS already hates being in his stroller. So I'll most likely just spring for a nicer carrier and keep our barely used Britax B-Agile for either kiddo.

2. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@mrsjyw: We plan to keep him where he is and use the empty room for the nursery. We decided not to move him since the rooms are the same size and didn't want to change his world too much. We plan to buy him new furniture and move the crib and rocking chair in the empty room.

3. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@pearl: I have that same photo pinned! Love the colors of that room.

Update on me: Finally got all the results back from the cardio doctor. Echo and EKG were fine, but heart monitor did pick-up what I've been feeling. No meds just have to tough it out.

4. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@ValentineMommy: That must make you feel much more connected...love the name Gideon! If only DH and I could get on the same page. What book did you use?
    @turkeylurkey: I am sorry you have to tough it put but so glad your tests came back normal!
    @Candy_nee: Do you like your b agile? That's the one we are 90% going to get. We tried out the city mini but preferred the way the b agile handled.

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: That must have been so scary! Good thing you were at the right place.

6. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@turkeylurkey: Glad your tests came back okay!

So, we have been waiting on some visa stuff the last few months and we got turned down today So we will be moving back to England. We won't be having the baby in Canada, it will be in England, which scares me actually as so many family and friends have had terrible birth experiences (like my best friend nearly died and another friend's baby died). We will also be living with the ILs for the foreseeable, definitely when this baby arrives. We will make it work, but it is a bummer. But, on the bright side, I will be able to satisfy my craving for English supermarket ham sandwiches

7. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@simplyfelicity: I LOVE my B-Agile! It handles so well, folds crazy easy, and is very light weight. The only complaint I have is the basket is on the small side, but it has never proven to be a huge issue for me. I live in the suburbs so I don't store a bunch in it.

8. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@travelgirl1: Sorry to hear about your disappointing news. I hope your labor and delivery goes much smoother. We tend to remember the awful experiences and not the normal ones.

just over 15 weeks and I feel like this baby is going through a growth spurt. I can feel he or she moving every time i lay down (but very faintly), and I can not get enough sleep or drink enough water these past few days. I guess there could be worse symptoms!

9. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@travelgirl1: Thanks I was nervous! Bummer about the visas! Hope the move goes good for you.

10. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@Tidybee: Same! I'm 15 weeks too and have been so so thirsty. Also having moments of feeling baby move so strongly. A few times this weekend I told DH it felt like I had a fish on a hook in my belly, there was so much flopping around in there!

11. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Tidybee: Thank you. I think I will definitely opt for a second c-section though, now I know we will be doing it in England.

@turkeylurkey: Thank you!

12. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@pearl: Thank you! Love your nursery inspiration! So pretty and cheery!

@fuzzypeaches: @Reese: @Candy_nee: Thank you!!

@QBbride: We have the UBV as well, but I think we are getting a double stroller. I wanted so badly to love it as a two seater, but DS will be 2.5 and is already 30 pounds (the max weight is 35 on the rumbleseat). We tried it out in the store and he's just sooo smushed back there and hates facing the back of the other seat. I wish there were as many options in positions as there are with the newest Vista edition!!

@MamaCate: Thank you! Our DS suggested his brother's name be Chip....as in, potato. Lol!

@mrsjyw: Thank you!! I feel you - still nauseated here too. I thought this was supposed to end at 12w!!! WTH?!? Hopefully we both start feeling better soon!

@simplyfelicity: Thank you - it definitely does. And DS now walks around saying "little brother Gideon" omg it's so cute! We got the baby name wizard book and really loved it. I had a book from my first pregnancy, but there were so many names from other countries (totally unusable names) that it was just ridiculous. This book gives sibling name suggestions for each name and "categories" that the names fall under which they have long lists of in the back. We realized all the names I like are in one category, which helped narrow it down. Also, our set girl name suggested Gideon as a brother's name (after we decided to use it)....so there must be something to it!

@travelgirl1: omg, I'm so sorry to hear the news! That stinks!!!

13. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

Guys I was finally able to make it through an entire cup of (half caf) coffee without feeling like I was going to puke or feeling like my chest was on fire. This is an amazing development!! I have missed coffee as the exhaustion of the first trimester hasnt quite worn off yet.

14. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@Candy_nee: it's the little things yay coffee!!

We did our quad screen, so I'm just focusing on the positive and trying not to stress myself out. Baby was still rolling around like a tazmanian devil so it was again hard to get the heartbeat!

15. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

Hi ladies! Just got back from my first high risk consultation/NT scan. Scan was good and first tri blood tests all came back very favorable! So that's a relief! I really liked the high risk doctor I saw and I feel more confident that we have a plan. Basically going to start getting progesterone shots and we are going to do bi-weekly cervical monitoring. Trying to avoid a cerclage unless absolutely necessary. It was so great to see baby on the ultrasound...he/she was moving around a lot! Oh, and the most exciting news is I have a new due date! They are moving it up to July 24th based on all the recent ultrasounds they have taken. So I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow! Yippee! I feel comfortable to finally take a bump pic now...it feels REAL!

16. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

13w6d!!!

17. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@Candy_nee: I eased my way in with caffeine tea today. Felt amazing. Cheers to the mornings.

18. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@turkeylurkey: what a relief!!!
    @travelgirl1: I'm so sorry about your visa news was it expected? Applying for dh visa was a horrific stressful terrible experience, I can't even imagine doing all of that and get denied. Big hugs
    @Candy_nee: oh it probably felt amazing! I have still this aversion to coffee!! I hope it goes away I miss it! Tea (which I can tolerate) is just not the same!
    @Ginabean3: yay for a great appointment, and you look great!!!

19. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

I finally told work today about the pregnancy. I think they were sort of disappointed/surprised but it feels like such a relief not to hide it anymore!

The good news is that starting March 1 I won't be doing overnight shifts anymore and I'm so relieved because I'm finding myself so exhausted by them and it's been hard to bounce back! Way more tired this preg than the last.

20. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@fuzzypeaches: oh god I'm so jealous about no overnight shifts! I made it till about 33 weeks working days/nights then worked straight days till 36 weeks. I have no idea how I'll survive this time.

21. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

hi, finally joining this board at 13/14 weeks! i have been reading this thread from the get-go, all 50 pages. so this is creepy, but i've been keeping up with all of you!

EDD: 7/20 or 7/24--let's split the difference and say 7/22
    How far along: 13 or 14 weeks
    First child? i have a 2 year old boy
    First doctor appointment: back in december
    Any symptoms so far? nausea and exhaustion hit me HARD, like it did many of you, in the first trimester.
    Who have you told? we're telling everyone now. to start we only told immediate family and a few close friends

22. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@Candy_nee: my kids will have about the same age difference, and we're also thinking of going with just our umbrella stroller for LO #1 and a carrier for #2. and yay for coffee! i was thinking about easing back in next week.

@Ginabean3: aw, look at that little bump! love it!

@travelgirl1: i'm really sorry about that. moving is hard. i hope everything works out okay!

@fuzzypeaches: i started telling people at work yesterday also and it was nice to get it out. also i'm starting to show, so i wanted to say something soon!

@ValentineMommy: so sorry you're still feeling nauseated. my nausea has gone from 24/7 to late afternoon/evenings in the past couple of weeks. i'm thinking about taking another diclegis in the middle of the day to see if that helps (i already take one at night before bed).

@Mrs. Pickles: how long until the results? it's so hard to wait. i waited for my harmony test results for three weeks. it was agonizing (there was some snafu at the lab and i had to be the one constantly badgering the ob office to get an explanation)

@angelachase: that's so exciting you can feel the baby move! i have an anterior placenta and it's a bit early, so no baby movement yet!

@simplyfelicity: did you make a decision on the stroller? i think the stroller purchase is so exciting for some reason.

23. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@edelweiss: welcome and congrats! How are you feeling now? Hopefully not as nauseous and not as exhausted!

24. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@mrsjyw: replying late to your nursery question! we have 2 bdr on the main level and 2 on the lower level. i think we'll keep LO #1 in his room, have the baby sleep in a pack n play in our room, and then (hopefully) when LO #2 starts STTN, have them share a room. not nearly as fun as decorating a new nursery!

25. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@edelweiss: Welcome I think 3-4 weeks I'm kind of just ignoring it so I don't think about it!

26. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@edelweiss: Welcome and congrats! I'm also in the DC metro area! Glad you have joined the group and if I may ask, does diclegis have any side effects? I've refrained from taking any medication for nausea this go around, but I'm just not sure how much longer my nausea will last and I'm curious about that medicine. I'll be 16 weeks this weekend and by this time for baby #1 I was definitely feeling more awesome than I do now.

@simplyfelicity: Another vote for the B-Agile here! LOVE how it handles and the ease of folding it up and getting it into the trunk of the car on my own. I have absolutely no complaints about that stroller. Love it!

@travelgirl1: I'm sorry to hear about the visa situation. I hope that you are able to find some positive birth stories to focus on and that the move isn't too stressful. When will you be moving?

@turkeylurkey: Glad to hear that you got the results about your heart. Do you have a follow-up later in your pregnancy? Or is it just something you have to monitor on your own?

@ValentineMommy: YAY! It's so fun to have a name chosen! We chose a name for our first and called him that throughout the pregnancy, but then changed our minds about a week before he was born. So even though we are pretty set on baby #2's name, we're keeping it a secret, just in case we change our minds

- - -
    I'm trying to convince my husband to let me spend a bit to outfit a corner of our guest room for baby #2. I think eventually our two boys will share a room. But I'd like to carve out a space just for baby #2. And he understands my need to nest this time around. Baby #1 came early and his nursery was packed to the ceiling with everything from our master bedroom while we fit in one more renovation before he arrived. So I never got the chance to really nest before he was born. I hope to get to do that this time, even if it's just with a mobile, a rug, and a special sheet set for baby #2.

27. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@pearl: I love that print you posted from Katie Daisy. She creates beautiful, whimsical illustrations. I've had my eye on this one for a while : https://www.etsy.com/listing/62545314/wild-air-vertical-print?ref=shop_home_active_1

28. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@fuzzypeaches: That's fantastic news about the overnight shifts! I bet you can't wait for March 1 to be here. I don't even think I could function if I had to work past 8pm these days.

@QBbride: Do you think you can stop overnight shifts when you are later in your pregnancy this time? Is there a process at work to request a shift change?

29. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@Ginabean3: feeling much better, thanks for asking! just a bit of nausea in the evening. nothing a little dry heaving can't fix. do you mind me asking if the top you're wearing in the pic is a maternity or a regular shirt? it's cute!

@Mrs. Pickles: thanks for the welcome! that's so cute the baby was rolling around so much. have you been able to feel any movement yet?

@sweetooth: yay another dc area bee! i'm in nova, how about you? diclegis is supposed to make you drowsy, but i couldn't tell the difference between drowsiness and 1st tri exhaustion when i first started taking it. now i don't feel drowsy/exhausted, so either i'm used to the diclegis or the exhaustion has gone away. it's also not supposed to cause as much constipation as zofran. i will say that i didn't feel magically better--it helped take the edge off, but didn't eliminate the nausea.

30. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@edelweiss: Welcome and Congratulations!!!

31. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@travelgirl1: I am so sorry. Are you originally from England or is your DH? Wishing and praying you get the best possible care.

32. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@edelweiss: I'm in NoVA too. Alexandria to be specific That's good news about the constipation. That's why I stayed away from anti-nausea meds this time around. I know nothing will magically make it all disappear. And really, this time around for me isn't AS bad, but I just want it to stop The dry heave start to my mornings is really unpleasant.

33. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@edelweiss: @sweetooth: @Candy_nee: It is an exciting purchase! You guys have sold me!

34. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Let me know if I missed someone's gender announcement.

July Mamas!
    July 1: simplyfelicity
    July 2: Mrs. Pickles, Reese, pearl
    July 4: dolphin
    July 7: qbbride, little bitty house
    July 8: turkeylurkey , fuzzypeaches
    July 10: travelgirl1
    July 11: Candy_nee, sweettooth , Mrsk
    July 13: tidybee , sugarbee, cvbee
    July 14: Chocoholic, dreamer3311 (twins!), angelachase
    July 15: nicole112
    July 17: MamaCate , Mama Bird
    July 20: Bluemasonjar
    July 21: Sarac, Lala, TheSwissWifeStyle
    July 22: edelweiss
    July 24: BlueWolverine, ginabean3
    July 25: Mrsvdv
    July 28: Spinny, MrsH
    July 29: mrsjyw
    July 30: Cait, smocks
    July 31: ValentineMommy ,Colekbl

35. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Ginabean3: glad to hear that all is well! Great bump pic! Remind me again why you are high risk?

@travelgirl1: so sorry to hear about the moving. I am feeling intimidated about the idea of moving within our town during this pregnancy, so I can't imagine what it would be like to move overseas. I didn't realize there were so many poor birth outcomes either--how scary!

@fuzzypeaches: yay for telling work! Even though they seemed disappointed (which sucks for you) I am glad they are accommodating you with the schedule change.

@edelweiss: welcome! so glad you could join us and i hope you are feeling back to your self!

@sweetooth: hope you are able to get your wish for a little nursery nook! it is nice to have something planned just for this little one, you know?

36. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

As for me, 15 weeks today! Feeling the baby move a little more while I hang out at home waiting for the carpet cleaners...It has been so nice to be sharing the news with everyone and feeling like I can relax. I am feeling tired because I picked up LO's cold from daycare yesterday but today has been slow. I am still in the inbetween stage with regular/maternity clothes but so far it hasn't been too annoying!

37. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@edelweiss: thanks! It's a regular shirt but a bit short, hence the tank top underneath.

38. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@simplyfelicity: hi! New due date for me! 7/24!!!!

39. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@MamaCate: thanks! LO #1 came at 30w5d.....hoping to get LO #2 further than that! Bake baby, bake!

40. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Hey ladies! Sorry I'm so behind on this thread. Having a bit of a lump scare. I need a biopsy done on a lump I was just starting to relax and enjoy the pregnancy ride and now I feel like I am getting smacked with this other stressor.

So excited to read everyone's updates

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee