Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Oh, gosh. I am so sorry. You are in my prayers .

2. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Ginabean3: me too! Lo came at 35 weeks ( although totally diff situation than 30! Omg) I told my ob my goal is 37 weeks haha.

3. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Reese: oh my goodness!!! When is the biopsy scheduled for? What a huge stress big hugs lady!

4. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I'm sorry your boss reacted like that! You must still be so relieved that they know! Hopefully they'll adjust and be nicer when it comes to taking leave etc.

I still haven't told my boss I'll have to do it Monday, because it's getting obvious. I'm so nervous... I know this will tank my career again. Not that I love it that much, but I do spend more time with my co-workers than with family, and it bugs me when they think I'm a slacker.

@edelweiss: congrats and welcome!

5. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Reese: yikes! That is so scary. Thinking of you!

Welcome and congrats to edelweiss! I don't know how to tag from the previous page sorry!

Just got a call from the NIPT result that I screened negative! I'm so relieved. I told her I wasn't sure whether I wanted to find out the gender so she's going to fax it to my midwife instead. As soon as i hung up I was like nooooo I could have found out haha!

6. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@Reese: just saw this. How scary! I hope it's nothing. How long must you wait to find out?

7. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Ginabean3: Oh that is so scary! Hope the extra attention can help this one stay put longer!

8. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Reese: Oh no! I hope it is just your hormones working overtime? I will be praying for you!

@QBbride: yay for good results! Sounds like not finding out the sex on the phone helped you decide against team green?

@Mama Bird: what do you mean it will rank your career? That would be so stressful!

9. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@simplyfelicity: @fuzzypeaches: @QBbride: @Mama Bird: @MamaCate: Thanks all you are all awesome! I'm hoping it's just hormones as well. Which can make fibroids grow larger. I need to wait for them to call me with an appt (probably 2-3 weeks). I have to just choose to be happy and try not to worry. Easier said than done.

10. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@Reese: oh gosh, I'm so sorry you have something else to stress about. Fingers crossed it's nothing.

11. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@MamaCate: me too!!!

12. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@Reese: sending you positive thoughts for your health!!!!

13. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@edelweiss: welcome! I consider NoVa to be one if my homes! DH and I met at Mason

14. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Reese: hoping it's nothing to be worried about.

15. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

Anyone else finding it hard to sleep? I am not even 15 weeks yet, but my hips ache at night. Some nights when I get up to pee/eat, it is so hard to go back to sleep. I ordered a huge pregnancy pillow, so hopefully that will help! I also ordered a home Doppler, which I hope won't cause more stress than good!

16. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I have trouble sleeping too. I got the Bump Nest about s month ago and that's helped. My issue is just staying asleep due to my insanely dry sinuses and stuffy nose.

17. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Candy_nee: Yes, my nose has been bothering me a lot too!

This is the one I got, I can't wait! Poor DH may have to move to the guest bedroom, lol.

18. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@edelweiss: eek! Congrats and welcome!!

19. mrsjyw

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I'm still on unisom and b6, once daily that I take at nighttime so I think that's why I've been sleeping fairly ok. That pillow looks comfy!

@Reese: hope it's nothing serious!! Thinking of you and baby!!

@QBbride: yay! I got good test results back from my nt scan too!

20. mrsjyw

As for me. It was a rough week w nausea, head cold, migraine, and Dh working long hours this week. But we all survived! Thank goodness it's the weekend!

My cousin is editing a photo of ds for us and we'll probably do social media announcement in the next week or so!

I'm 14 w today if we go by my nt, or next Wednesday if we go by orig dating scan! I'm thinking now the latter since we tend to make big babies! We're finding out gender first wk in March! Seems so close yet so far and I cannot believe how fast these weeks are flying by as much as I wished the first trinester away!

Have a good wknd mamas!!

21. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@Reese: thinking of you. Keep us posted. Pregnancy does weird things to bodies so I do hope that it is a weird hormone thing. Even though I'd never want youth go through anything, early detection is so key, so I'm so glad you found it and are being proactive.

22. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@Candy_nee: @Ginabean3: @TheSwissWifeStyle: @mrsjyw: @cvbee: thank you ladies, I will keep you posted

23. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

I have an ultrasound on Wednesday to measure my cervix (I had some cells lasered off when I was 21) and I'm hoping I can find the gender. DH is out of town so my BFF is coming with me. I hope the nugget cooperates and we can find out! If we can my plan is to send a pic of the ultrasound to DH with he caption "hi daddy I can't wait to meet you! Love, ____". We already have names picked out so I'll just put the appropriate name.

24. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@Reese: good luck! thinking of you!
    @TheSwissWifeStyle: a little tip that helped me a lot during DD's pregnancy and so far with this is if you're a side sleeper, to put your top lag in front of your bottom leg so that you're hips stay stacked throughout the night.

25. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@Reese: i'm sorry about the distressing news. i hope that everything is okay. thinking of you.

@Candy_nee: that's a cute idea on telling DH the sex of the baby. and how fun for your friend to go with you!

@mrsjyw: hope you are all feeling better, that sounds like it was a tough week. that's exciting that you'll be announcing on facebook soon! is DS comprehending at all what's going on?

@TheSwissWifeStyle: that thing looks super comfortable. yeah i'd kick DH out of the bed in a hearbeat, ha. let us know how you like the pillow and the doppler!

@QBbride: so glad you got the results and that it's a relief. are you going to wait for the birth to find out the sex, or will you have your midwife tell you sometime before then? i told my ob office to tell me the sex, i couldn't wait!

@Mama Bird: good luck telling your boss today! i'm sorry that it is stressful. did something happen last time that wasn't good?

26. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@MamaCate: it is nice to be able to share the pregnancy news with folks. i'm in the in-between stage also for regular vs. maternity, but am definitely wearing more maternity now, especially on the bottom. no way i can comfortably zip/button my pants now! it looks a little silly because the clothes are a bit baggy, but hey i'm emphasizing comfort for now.

27. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@simplyfelicity: thanks for the welcome! how are you feeling these days? and yay on making the stroller decision! what other purchases are you looking forward to?

28. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@sweetooth: i'm in falls church, so pretty close! how old is your first child? mine just turned 2. and i hope you get to nest all you want this time around! i looked up the print you linked to and it's lovely. makes me want to purchase something from etsy pronto.

29. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@Ginabean3: forgot to say great news on your test results! that is a relief. sounds like you and your doctors are being proactive about everything, which is great. hope everything turns out okay and baby stays in there for a nice long time!

30. kthomas

apple seed / 1 posts

Hi all! I'm new to this board...

EDD: July 31
    How far along: 13 weeks
    First child? Yes!
    First doctor appointment: had it in December
    Any symptoms so far? I think the usual, nasuea and exhaustion but haven't had it too bad
    Who have you told? I've told my immediate family and my DH's immediate family. We'll start telling our friends sometime this week..

31. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@kthomas: Welcome! I am in Atlanta too and pregnant with my first.

32. mrsjyw

@kthomas: congrats and welcome!

33. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Reese: oh my goodness, I'm sorry you're going through this. Thoughts and prayers that everything is ok.

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I have the snoogle pillow - it's the greatest thing around. DH hates it...it takes up half the bed lol

@edelweiss: @kthomas: Welcome and congrats!!

34. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Forgot to add my own update! 13w now and my nausea and bathroom issues are finally starting to ease up. However, they've been replaced by daily migraines. Ugh. Lol I'm finally starting to get a little bump, despite the lack of gaining anything in the first trimester. We started setting up DS1s big boy room - it makes me sad that he's getting so big!! I'm finding this whole thing a little bittersweet - my little baby is a big boy now!

35. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@edelweiss: I'm not sure if we're finding out the gender! We're really undecided. I thought for sure we would but now I'm not so sure. If we choose to find out, I want to make sure it's what we want, since it's not like we can "un-know" that information!!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: That pillow looks so comfy! I have the snoogle and I love it but it's annoying to flip it around at night. DH hates it but we now have a king sized bed, so it's better than before!

@kthomas: welcome and congrats!!

Surely this baby is trying to kill me. I've had 2 migraines in the last week and yesterday I spent the day with horrible nausea and vomiting. I don't know if it was a touch of the flu or morning sickness that came out of nowhere. I was planning on keeping DS home from daycare today but I took him so I could sleep. Thank goodness for daycare.

36. mrsjyw

@ValentineMommy: @qbbride: hang in there mamas! I fought a wicked migraine the end of last week and weekend, and I'm finally feeling better. I eased off the b6/unisom over the wknd and didn't yak either. But I took it last night, because I didn't want to chance it at work. Good thing I did because I'm still feeling woozy. The end must be near thought right?

@edelweiss: He points/kisses my belly when ppl ask him where the baby is! We got him a baby doll for xmas and he's obsessed with taking care of the baby!! We just social media announced today!

Here's an updated survey to fill each other in:

How far along?
    Team ?
    How are you feeling? Symptoms?
    Upcoming appts?
    Who have you told?
    Any cravings?

37. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@mrsjyw: so cute!

38. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsjyw: cute!!!!!

39. mrsjyw

How far along? 14w2d (by NT scan), 13w5d (by Dating US)

Team ? We find out first week in March!

How are you feeling? Symptoms? Still mildly naseous, still mildly tired. Waiting for the golden second trimester symptoms to kick in!

Upcoming appts? Next Friday at 15.5 weeks, my monthly check-up!

Who have you told? EVERYONE! We told friends/family all in person or by phone the last few weeks. I told work last week. And we just social media announced today!

Any cravings? I haven't had any real cravings, but when I get hungry INEEDTOEATNOW! And I have no portion-control, I keep eating and eating and eating, 'til I feel sick! I've been better about it the last few days though!

40. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

July Mamas!
    July 1: simplyfelicity
    July 2: Mrs. Pickles, Reese, pearl
    July 4: dolphin
    July 7: qbbride, little bitty house
    July 8: turkeylurkey , fuzzypeaches
    July 10: travelgirl1
    July 11: Candy_nee, sweettooth , Mrsk
    July 13: tidybee , sugarbee, cvbee
    July 14: Chocoholic, dreamer3311 (twins!), angelachase