Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@edelweiss: You are sweet to ask. I am experiencing a lot of hip pain right now. I have been assured that it's perfectly normal but it's not so fun. We haven't made any other big purchases but we have picked out a recliner and crib. How are you?

2. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@edelweiss: I keep feeling little flutters and tickles, I'm 18wks this week so hopefully I get to start feeling kicks!
    @Reese: sending you lots of good thoughts (TMI, my family has rather "lumpy" breasts so we deal with biopsies as well and they say oh you're just lumpy)
    @kthomas: congrats and welcome

3. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@kthomas: Welcome and congratulations!!!
    @Mrs. Pickles: I keep feeling tickles, too! I thought I would feel more like air bubbles feeling but haven't. Not sure if the tickles are in my head or not since this is my first.
    @Candy_nee: Hoping baby is super cooperative for you!
    @mrsjyw: Love your announcement! Super cute and what an exciting time!

4. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

How far along? 17w5d

Team?
    How are you feeling? Symptoms? Really achey actually. Like I shared before, I am having a lot of pain in my entire pelvis and focused on my hips. No fun!

Upcoming appts? Our anatomy scan is Feb 13th

Who have you told? Pretty much everyone now. Some of my coworkers that I don't see all the time are finding out little by little. I even told my students. What's funny is I think it's SO obvious that I am pregnant but a couple people seemed surprised when I told them. I was like...isn't it obvious?!?!

Any cravings? Not really, but do love eating salad with all kinds of crap in it! If I eat too much at night, I have to throw up still.

5. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@simplyfelicity: it's really hard to describe if it's your first lo.. I honestly didn't feel much with #1 before 20wks but I had an anterior placenta

best description.. tickles from the inside or almost that butterfly like feeling you get when nervous but concentrated in one area

6. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: I also have an anterior placenta so that makes sense.

7. Spinny

cherry / 125 posts

I know I've been absent, but I've been trying to read along and keep up!

How far along? 14+3 (My due date changed at my NT scan to 7/24).

Team?

How are you feeling? Symptoms? Okay, getting a little energy back, but still have mild heartburn and still more tired than before.

Upcoming appts? regular OB checkup on Thursday and my anatomy scan is scheduled for 3/5.

Who have you told? We're slowly spreading the word! I told my boss and within an hour my entire building knew! Everyone was super excited about it, first baby in a long time here.

Any cravings? Random cravings but I tend to crave things I ate as a child that I haven't had in years, most recently Eggo waffles!

Time feels like its moving quickly and slowly at the same time....

8. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

How far along? 13w3d
    Team?
    How are you feeling? Symptoms? Nausea is starting to subside finally, but I have frequent migraine. My skin is freaking out too! Still get mid day exhaustion, but it's definitely not as bad as the first trimester.
    Upcoming appts? Our anatomy scan is the beginning of March.
    Who have you told? Pretty much everyone, minus being fb official.
    Any cravings? Still mostly aversions. I was positive I would be huge by now, but nope!! I'm thinking my appetite will come back soon though!

9. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@ValentineMommy: @QBbride: sorry about the migraines! Are you able to get some rest when they're really bad?

@mrsjyw: oh, so cute!

Finally told my boss. She took the news well and was excited for me. Such a relief! I know whatever happens after my leave won't be smooth sailing, but still very happy not to hide any more. Now I can wear something besides the two awful bulky sweaters I've been disguising the bump with

Baby has finally made a reappearance and has been kicking me pretty hard. She tried to kick big brother too when he wouldn't let me put him down. Siblings

10. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@simplyfelicity: have you tried Chiro? I saw the chiro regularly last pregnancy and I never complained of being sore! This time I've been super sore and achey so time to start going back!

11. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@edelweiss: welcome welcome!!! and congrats!!

12. cait

apricot / 268 posts

How far along? 13 weeks, 4 days

Team? We find out March 4th!

How are you feeling? Symptoms? Exhausted! Like, way more than first trimester. I was waiting for an energy surge and it went completely the opposite direction. Back pain has been pretty constant lately too.

Upcoming appts? Check up on February 19th and then anatomy scan March 4th.

Who have you told? Families, close friends, and the facebook & instagram world. I'm a terrible secret keeper so I'm glad it's out there now!

Any cravings? Ice cream lately. Just finished a bowl of chocolate peanut butter.

13. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

I love these catch up surveys!

How far along? 16 weeks 2 days
    Team? Hopefully we find out Wednesday!
    How are you feeling? Symptoms? Major sinus issues. Dry, stuffy, migraines. I was excited when the nausea went away. They were quickly replaced with the headaches. Ugh!
    Upcoming appts? Ultrasound and regular appointment this week.
    Who have you told? Everyone. Made it social media official on Christmas and told work after my 12 week appt.
    Any cravings? Still not much of an appetite. The aversions are still pretty prevalent. Although oranges are basically the best thing ever these days!

14. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@kthomas: welcome and congrats! love how many july mamas we have!

@Spinny: always good to hear from you! glad you are starting to have more energy and that work is so excited! my work loves babies (although we have had a ton) so it is nice to be in such a supportive place.

@Mama Bird: glad you were able to share the news and the reaction wasn't too bad, and hoping the post leave transition is better than you expect.

15. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

The catch up is such a great idea--it is hard to keep track of everyone sometimes!

Here's mine:
    How far along? 15 weeks 3 days
    Team? wow!
    How are you feeling? Symptoms? I feel fine pregnancy wise. But I did get LO's daycare cold so I have been feeling a little groggy and congested. I am a little tired but haven't been sleeping great so I am not sure I can blame the pregnancy. In a bit of a funk over the weekend but feeling better today.
    Upcoming appts? Next appointment is 2/5 for a check up. Anatomy scan should be early March.
    Who have you told? I have told everyone. DH is not showing any urgency about telling his siblings but said he will email this week.

Any cravings? Um, I just want all.the.sugar. I had to throw out some crap we had lying around tonight because I have no self control right now--not usually an issue for me, so I am blaming the baby!

16. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@kthomas: welcome and congrats!

@edelweiss: @MamaCate: thanks for the good wishes! my office is very family friendly, and I made my schedule more flexible last time... but people I didn't work with directly must have felt I wasn't working as hard as others. Took me a while to get them to take me seriously again. I hope to do better this time!

Yay, catch-up survey!
    How far along? 15 weeks
    Team?
    How are you feeling? Symptoms? Finally feeling like myself again. I get sick easier, but that's to be expected. Actually having more trouble sleeping than in first tri, though... now that I have an appetite, I'll wake up to get a glass of water, get back into bed, and realize 20 minutes later I must get up again because I'm really really hungry. Grrr.
    Upcoming appts? I have one next week!
    Who have you told? My family and work. Don't think we'll announce on Facebook before baby is born - we'll just tell friends when we have a chance to meet them.
    Any cravings? Cake and pickles - at the same time is fine And sushi

17. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Love reading these surveys!

How far along? 17 weeks
    Team? (for now!!!)
    How are you feeling? Symptoms? generally I'm feeling pretty awful! It sucks! I hate complaining but I've been getting terrible migraines and not sleeping well. I'm hoping I start feeling like myself soon!
    Upcoming appts? anatomy u/s Feb 16, midwife appt Feb 17
    Who have you told? Our family, close friends, and work. We have more friends to tell but I think we'll tell them as we see them. I don't think we'll mention anything on Facebook. With our son we didn't announce until he was born.
    Any cravings? Caesar salad!!!

18. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

This may be the most boring update...
    How far along? 16 weeks 1 day
    Team? I think for good. We're waiting until our anatomy scan gets closer to make a final decision but we're like 80/20
    How are you feeling? Symptoms? Totally fine. A little more tired but hardly feel pregnant except for the little goldfish flicks in my belly.
    Upcoming appts? Routine prenatal checkup at 2/13
    Who have you told? Telling pretty much everyone by now but not sure if we're going to announce on Facebook....at least not anytime soon...maybe at the halfway point or something.
    Any cravings? Not much in terms
    Of cravings but I am absolutely loving fruit these days. And ice cream but I think that's because i can eat it with an excuse

19. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@edelweiss: We do live pretty close to one another! My little boy is 14 months old.

@kthomas: Congrats and welcome!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: That pillow is AWESOME! I have a snoogle, and I can't seem to get comfortable with it yet. I'm a back sleeper so I always have a hard time trying to stay on my side.

@Reese: Thinking of you...

@Spinny: Congrats and welcome!

20. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

How far along? 16w 3d

Team

How are you feeling? Symptoms? After being sick with bronchitis and other random daycare inflicted sickness for 6 weeks, I finally feel like I'm turning a corner. Nausea feels like it's on it's way out the door, and I definitely have more energy.

Upcoming appts? 2/10 regular check-in with OB,
    2/16 ultrasound/anatomy scan

Who have you told? Family, a few friends and neighbors. I should probably start spreading the news so the birth isn't when people find out.

Any cravings? I want a lot of salads and fruit this time around. I was a carb monster with my first pregnancy. But I have much healthier cravings this time. I think the biggest thing right now is that I MUST have food in my belly every 2-3 hours. Or I turn into a crazy lady.

21. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

How far along? 15w today!

Team? for now! We will be finding out.

How are you feeling? Symptoms? Better most days. I still feel really tired and basically useless. And I still have some nausea here and there. Sore hips when I sleep. Getting some headaches on some days too, really bad ones where DH has to rub my head and the base of my neck.

I find that days where I drink a half can (ok, usually a full can) of Coke, I feel much better. I dunno if it's in my head or what, but I swear it helps with my head, and my gut. I know it's not the best thing, but hopefully it's not toooo bad. I'm going to see if they have those mini cans here, so that will help keep the consumption lower. I don't have any other caffeine, since I'm still feeling an aversion to coffee.

Upcoming appts? Feb. 9th, where hopefully we'll find out if we're having a boy or girl!

Who have you told? The world. lol

Any cravings? Not really. Most days I still feel like the aversions still have control I kinda miss eating whatever I want, plus I'm worried that I'm not eating enough, or getting enough nutrition for the baby. DH helps though. He'll just make a salad and put it in front of me, and at first I think I don't want it, but then it end up eating it all.

I do wish watermelon was in season though! When I was in Florida, I had the BEST watermelon. It was from Publix and it was already cut up and ready to go. From Mexico apparently. Usually I try to eat what's in season and local, but this stuff was good! I wish I could get my hands on some.

22. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Mama Bird: Unfortunately, not really. With DS at home and working full time...rest is not in the cards for me. It's been really rough.

23. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

How far along? 17w 5d

Team don't know yet

How are you feeling? I feel pretty good, I can't sleep at night because of hip pain so it's time to get out the snoogle, and I gag all the time it's very random

Upcoming appts? 2/13 gender and anatomy scan and ob apt (so excited)

Who have you told? All our family, friends, haven't made it official on social media but we may when we find out gender

Any cravings? not really, I didn't with my son either, I just have to make sure I eat enough or else I feel super nauseous

24. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

How far along? 15 weeks +1
    Team
    How are you feeling? Symptoms? Feeling much better since I've entered the 2nd trimester. I have been overcome with exhaustion lately, it hits me around 8 pm and I just want to get into bed.
    Upcoming appts? Anatomy scan 2/16
    Who have you told? Family, friends and work! Still have a few more people to tell but waiting for them to return my phone calls. We will probably share on social media after our next appointment.
    Any cravings? Carbs. I'm not surprised since pasta has always been a favorite but nothing else sounds good lately. I really don't crave anything specific but try to make myself eat more veggies and fruit.

25. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

How far along? 16 weeks today!

Team for now. Still undecided on whether or not to find out. We haven't had a conversation about it in a while since the scan is still a few weeks away.

How are you feeling? Symptoms? Great! Really thirsty and much quicker to get short of breath, but feeling good & happy other than that.

Upcoming appts? February 18th--routine check-up with the midwife, and the anatomy scan (back to back!).

Who have you told? Pretty much everybody. There are still a few people I work with who don't know.

Any cravings? Salads, cheeseburgers, fruit (especially oranges), and sometimes peanut butter.

26. pearl

coffee bean / 39 posts

How far along? 17w5d

Team? !

How are you feeling? Symptoms? Finally kicking the tail end of a cold, hyperemesis has chilled out a bit. Starting to feel teeny baby movements! I'm also thrilled we have chosen a first name

Upcoming appts? Anatomy scan Feb 18

Who have you told? Everybody except the team at the home office at work...I only see them once a month. Told my boss immediately though.

Any cravings? Green smoothies, cherry Coke, Greek salads, lots of random things that change on a day to day or hour to hour basis

27. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

I made it to the gym yesterday! Swam 20 laps. I'm sore today, but HELLO 2nd trimester energy. I hope it sticks around and that the last of this nausea fades away quickly! Still on b6/unisom though...only yakking when I overeat which is good!

28. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@QBbride: I haven't. Funny thing is, after 72 hours of extreme pain, I woke up this morning a little sore but not much. One of my coworkers said the same thing happened to her in the second tri. She would have a couple days of intense pelvic pain and then be fine for a bit before it returned.

29. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@mrsjyw: Go you! Now that my pelvis doesn't feel like it is being pulled a part I am going to try my new prenatal pilates dvd.

30. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@simplyfelicity: Feeling it today, but I'm glad I went! Going try my Zumba class tonight. I am glad you're feeling better! FX it stays away!

31. sugarbee

olive / 51 posts

How far along? 16 W 1 day
    Team: ! We are super excited
    How are you feeling? Pretty good. Second trimester has been good, only complaint is back pain has started.
    Upcoming appts? 2/3 doctors appt and glucose test
    Who have you told? All our family and friends. Nothing on social media yet.
    Any cravings? Nothing constant. still salty foods though.

32. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@simplyfelicity: Sorry you are so achy, that's no fun!

@Spinny: So exciting that you told work!

@sugarbee: yum, salty stuff

@mrsjyw: OMG you are a rock star!!!

@pearl: Exciting about picking a name!

@angelachase: I hear you on the shortness of breath, I get out of breath reading DD a story

@Bluemasonjar: I'm still on the carb bandwagon too!

@Mrs. Pickles: Do you like the snoogle? I keep toying with getting one...

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Coke is one of the things my doctor recommended for nausea. That stuff tastes especially good in pregnancy

@sweetooth: Sorry you have been feeling so bad!

@Tidybee: such a difficult decision on whether to find out!

@QBbride: So sorry you are feeling so bad!

@Mama Bird: Great that you are feeling better!

33. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@MamaCate: My DH was slow to tell people too. Men

@Candy_nee: Sorry about the headaches

@cait: Ice cream is a pretty good craving!

@ValentineMommy: Sorry about the migraines

34. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

I hope I don't get flamed for this, but is anyone else considering declining the diabetes screen? I was on the fence about it with my first and I did it, but I felt like total crap after. It really messed with me. I passed with flying colours last time and don't have any risk factors. I know every pregnancy is different but I think I will skip it this time. The main thing they suggest for management is eating well/exercise which I already know I should be doing! Also, if the baby is symptomatic for hypoglycaemia (jittery, lethargic) they will check it's blood sugar regardless of whether you were GDM+ or not. Anyways I will mention it to my midwife but she was OK with me declining it last time.

35. pearl

coffee bean / 39 posts

@QBbride: My OB said there's no way he's making me drink that drink with my hyperemesis, so I'm just keeping a food diary along with glucose readings for a week.

36. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@QBbride: I was sick on the day of my screen with my last pregnancy and it just never got rescheduled! Haven't put any thought into declining or not this time around yet though.

37. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@travelgirl1: on the one hand I get it, because I sm literally walking around with a constant reminder. But, we are going to a Super Bowl party this weekend with some of his work friends. I encouraged him to tell them so they aren't upset that he didn't tell them sooner when I show up showing off my bump!

38. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

How far along? 17 weeks

Team? Find out Feb 17! My money is on girl!

How are you feeling? Symptoms? Honestly mostly terrible. I don't know why! My first preg was a breeze and this is just so different! Headaches, still nausea, exhausted, hormonal - big mess lol :s so many unnecessary tears!

Upcoming appts? 18w prenatal on Feb 3, anatomy u/s Feb 17

Who have you told? Everyone! So fun!

Any cravings? Salty and sour! Lime Doritos for the win lol

39. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@QBbride: I think you can decline! My friend did and I don't think her doc was overly upset about it.
    Its the worst test! But I know I would be too anxious to refuse

40. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@mrsjyw: everytime I read your updates I tell myself to go to the gym lol. But I haven't made it yet you're a rock star!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee