Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Anyone else love watching their belly shake with baby kicks? He is going nuts in there!

2. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MamaCate: He's BEAUTIFUL!!

@mrsvdv: Congrats!!!!

@simplyfelicity: I typically wear three rings (my engagement and matching pave band, plus a rose gold plain band in between), and I can't wear the plain one anymore. So now I'm wearing the two. I think once it gets warmer here I won't be able to wear them anymore. I'm still only getting flutters, which is freaking me out since I'm 20+ weeks now, even though my doc says it's totally normal with the location of my placenta. I want big movement though!!

@Mama Bird: @Bluemasonjar: Geez, all of us have difficult kiddos and need second scans! At least we get another peek at them!

How much has everyone gained (and how far along are you now)? I'm 20w4d and gained 12 pounds now, which I think I'm ok with. I definitely gained more with DS1 by now and was bigger. I don't know why this all freaks me out so much, but it does!

3. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@simplyfelicity: yes! He's an active one and I'm still getting used to feeling movement this early since I was just starting to feel regular kicks w Ds#1!

@ValentineMommy: same! 21 weeks and up 12 lbs. gaining slower than w Ds #1 but slowly catching up. I'm def more conscious about it this time. I think I put on too much and made labor harder the first time. But who knows?

4. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

Is anyone else struggling with heartburn and a feeling of always being full inside?
    I feel like I have no space to breathe and I am only 23.5 weeks! God help me by full term! I am drinking ALL the Gaviscon today.

5. mrsjyw

@travelgirl1: ME ME ME. Heartburn started way early a couple weeks ago and I feel sick after eating and am already having trouble with heavy breathing when I get up etc. :\

6. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@ValentineMommy: I have an anterior placenta, too, and didn't notice any flutters etc. I just started feeling full on kicks at nearly 22 weeks.

7. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@travelgirl1: YES! I keep wondering how I am even going to function in the 3rd trimester!

8. smocks

apricot / 483 posts

Yet again I've failed to keep up with this thread, but I thought I'd let you ladies know that we had our anatomy scan yesterday and we're having a boy

9. mrsjyw

@smocks: congrats on your lil boy!

10. mrsjyw

July Mamas

July 1: simplyfelicity (#1 )
    July 2: Mrs. Pickles (#2 ), Reese (#1 ) ,
    pearl (#2 )
    July 4: dolphin (#2)
    July 7: qbbride (#2 ), little bitty house (#2 )
    July 8: turkeylurkey (#2 ) , fuzzypeaches (#2 )
    July 10: travelgirl1 (#2 )
    July 11: Candy_nee (#2 ) , sweettooth (#2 ) ,
    Mrsk (#1 )
    July 13: tidybee (#2 ) , sugarbee (#1 ) , cvbee (#2), nettestars (#1)
    July 14: Chocoholic (#2 ), dreamer3311 (twins!) (#1/2), angelachase (#1 )
    July 15: nicole112 (#1), bunnylove (#1 )
    July 17: MamaCate (#2 ) , Mama Bird (#2 )
    July 20: Bluemasonjar (#1 )
    July 21: Sarac (#2 ), Lala (#2 ), TheSwissWifeStyle (#1 )
    July 22: edelweiss (#2), Mrshanks (#1)
    July 24: BlueWolverine (#2), ginabean3 (#2 ), Spinny (#1 )
    July 25: Mrsvdv (#2 )
    July 28: , MrsH (#2)
    July 29: mrsjyw (#2 )
    July 30: Cait (#2 ), smocks (#2 )
    July 31: ValentineMommy (#2 ) ,Colekbl (#2 ) , kthomas (#1)
    Boys : 16
    Girls : 11

11. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsjyw: I gained WAY too much last time, but I also felt better....no nausea and was able to eat. I think I'd rather gain more than feel this crappy!

@travelgirl1: I have heartburn every day starting at 2pm, which gets progressively worse till bedtime. I also feel full all the time. It's so uncomfortable!

@simplyfelicity: Oh! I hope I feel them soon! So far I feel flutters, but only at night when I'm laying down. I want to feel baby kicks!

@smocks: I said it before and I'll say it again....congrats!!!

12. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@travelgirl1: I always feel full too! The worst is after eating dinner and getting into bed even though I try to have a few hours in between. Shortness of breath is also freaking me out since I keep thinking about how far we still have to go.

13. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@simplyfelicity: the other day we were watching tv and I would tickle my belly and then he would kick hard. it was pretty fun

sorry for the heartburn ladies.. I'm still gagging if I bend over wrong it's super weird

14. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@mrsjyw: I could be wrong but I think Sarac is having a .

15. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

as far as those of you with other kiddos go... anyone looking at having the baby and then starting your lo in preschool in August? I'm super stressed about it for some reason

16. mrsjyw

@simplyfelicity: added!

@Mrs. Pickles: we are going to start DS in part time preschool in May, 2 days a week to start and then stretching it out to 5 part time days when I go back to work toward the end of the year. I just need to register him and do a tour and I've been putting it off forever.

17. pearl

coffee bean / 39 posts

@travelgirl1: YES. Ouchie! Pepcid helps somewhat, but I forget to take it.

@Mrs. Pickles: We are too! AHHH! AND they start potty learning right away in his class. I feel bad he'll be experiencing so many changes at once.

I feel so behind on everything this time around. We just now cleaned out the room that's going to be the nursery, and we scrapped our name choice and really have nothing on the list. Sigh. I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I'm a planner.

18. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@smocks: congrats!
    @travelgirl1: OMG me too. I didn't have heartburn last time but this time it is one of my worst symptoms! Around 5/6pm every night it starts and WILL NOT let up. I'm eating tums all day!

@Mrs. Pickles: This is my biggest stressor right now. My childcare situate is super complicated it would probably take a whole entire post but essentially I have no idea what I want to do. I'm planning to be off for 9 months but I have to study for a REALLY big REALLY expensive exam during that time and DH is on my butt about figuring something out and every time I think about it I cry lol.

I think my new plan is a part time nanny (3h/d, 5d/wk) and I'm hoping we can all survive with that at least for awhile until DS is old enough for real "preschool" at 30 months. If it's getting too much then I will enroll him in daycare and hope there's still space for him (? unlikely? why are there such long wait lists?!)

Essentially I want my cake and I would like to eat it too.... and, oh yeah, have it be free

Anyone have experience studying with little children running around??!

19. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@simplyfelicity: bahaha I love when this happens! Better than any TV show I just sit in bed in the evenings and watch the action lol

20. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@travelgirl1: Yes! No heartburn, but I feel so awkward and unwieldy! I've only gained 10 pounds, but they're really slowing me down and I've no idea how I'll deal with third trimester!

@fuzzypeaches: you can do it! If you have a nanny even part time, it's a huge huge help, and you can sometimes keep a baby entertained by reading them exam materials Been there and passed the exam! Well, DH did have to do most of the cooking for a few months, but he volunteered...

21. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Bluemasonjar: The shortness of breath is really freaking me out, I don't remember being this bad with DD.

@fuzzypeaches: Someone once told me eating Tums for pregnancy heartburn was like peeing on a bush fire - it's really not going to do anything I haven't tried them though, I'm on Zantac to prevent and Gaviscon to top up.

22. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: DS1 is starting preschool in September. It's 3 days a week. He's already signed up and it's at the same school as his mommy and me class (which is once a week now).

@pearl: I'm also a planner and feel way behind....especially since I've known his gender since 10 weeks. His room is primed and we still have to clean the closet out.

23. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@pearl: @ValentineMommy: If it makes you feel any better, we have not done one thing to prepare for this baby Partially because we don't know if we need to move back to England yet, but baby has no clothes or anything. I guess we have a lot of the big items - like crib and pump - already from having DD though so maybe that's why I don't feel the urgency.

24. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

We haven't bought a single thing for this baby yet!! I'm unsure whether DS will still be in his crib or not so I don't want to buy another one yet, and I want to hold off on buying a double stroller until I know whether we will need it!! I think I will order some cute swaddle blankets and a crib sheet. Also I'm going to the States for a day next week with a friend so I'll probably get some cute newborn/0-3 month clothes. I was trying to convince DH to buy a second rocker for our room since baby will probably be with us for awhile, but he's not going for it. We still use our current rocker every night with DS so I thought maaaaaybe he would say yes, but nope!

@pearl: what was your name choice again? I remember I really liked it!!

@travelgirl1: I have the worst heartburn! I had really bad heartburn pre-pregnancy too so I knew it was inevitable. I take Omeprazole 20mg daily (safe in pregnancy) plus I find if I take a swig of minty Gaviscon before bed it really helps. I'm trying to eat smaller meals too.

@smocks: congrats on your boy!!!

@ValentineMommy: I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, but before I was up 12 lbs at 20 weeks. I got a bad flu and lost 9 lbs so I was only up a few... but I'm sure I've gained it back now! I'm 24 weeks now. With DS I gained 29 lbs and I'm hoping I gain around the same this time. I've been so inactive this pregnancy and I'm sure labour will be way tougher as a result

25. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@simplyfelicity: I LOVE this! I could just stare at the little pops and thumps all day. It's so amazing to me and makes it seem much more real.

@ValentineMommy: I've gained 15 lbs at 23 weeks. The actual weight gain isn't freaking me out too much, but the way it's distributed sometimes does. Not to be vain but I had a very small waist pre-pregnancy, and I am not turning out to be one of those "all belly" pregnant gals. My waist and back are just looking so different (thicker) to me. I do get self-conscious about it.

Have any of you ladies done Stitch Fix before? They just launched maternity boxes! I ordered one cause I am TIRED of my limited pregnancy wardrobe. It arrives on Thursday.

26. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@travelgirl1: oh - i just had my 4th tums after dinner. Tums works instantly for me. I've considered writing to the company to tell them how good their product is. It's starting to turn into constant heartburn. This started so much later with DD!
    @Mrs. Pickles: I'm starting DD in a 2 1/2 yr program 2 days/week in September. I think the excitement to have 6 hours a week by myself/with baby #2 is trumping any stress. @angelachase: I have done stitchfix twice now. The first one - I loved the clothes, but they were so expensive for maternity clothes ($88 for a shirt) that I couldn't justify spending the money. The second time - I think I got a crappy or lazy stylist who sent me 4 maternity dresses and a necklace. I'm a SAHM...I don't need maternity dresses. And the cheapest was $74 despite all of my price points set at "the cheaper the better". I can't justify spending yet another $20 to get a bad fix again. I'm so bummed because I was so looking forward to it. I literally cried that day...ask @winniebee.
    I'm up 12 lbs at 23 weeks. I am outing myself as a constant compression stocking wearer. This time, I have an awful case of varicose veins. I never had them with DD. My doctor thinks that since baby has settled onto my right and might be facing backwards a lot, that a vein on my right side is getting majorly compressed. I'm having a lot of tingling and my whole right leg is full of purple varicose veins. The tights are fine for now but I have no idea what I'm going to do in the summer.....

27. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@mrsjyw: we are having a girl. So we'll have two girls in our house

How's everyone doing? I've still got HG it has gotten a little better this week so hopefully the puking is on its way out! Maybe then I can get a little more connected with this pregnancy and this thread

28. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@ValentineMommy: at my appt. last week, about 21 weeks I had gained 15lbs! Ah well. I'm totally fine with it. The only place other than my belly that looks fuller is my face I think. And sometimes my faced tended to look too skinny before, so I actually like it!

@travelgirl1: no heartburn yet thankfully! But if I eat too big of portions, I feel like I'm stretched to the max! My bump is huge in the evening, compared to when I wake up!

So we had our anatomy scan here yesterday. Everything was normal! What a huge weight off our shoulders. Little man was being super stubborn though! When she was trying to measure his feet, he kept moving all around. Same with arms. She kept saying "Ooh la-la, come on bebe." lol It was interesting to watch. She could only snap one profile pic, after pushing him around a lot to try and get him to turn his face. I felt like I had gone through a work out afterwards! So here's the shot. I feel better about his profile now, I was worried before that it looked "weird" if you remember, lol.

I love my little man, and I'm starting to get anxious to meet him!

All in all, feeling pretty good! I had a random mini-puke after brushing my teeth the other night, but oh well.

OH, and I feel better that there are other ladies who haven't done anything room-wise either! Our "office" that will become his room is still such a disaster! Hopefully we'll tackle some of that this weekend. The most productive I've been is washing all of his clothes as soon as I get them, (care packages have been coming in from my mom and grandmom) and packing them in a big container. So that makes me feel like I've at least done something!

29. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Mama Bird: Thank you for the encouragement! It's good to know that it is possible lol. I'm so overly stressed about it that I think I'm psyching myself out.

@angelachase: Me too although I'm at probably closer to 20 at 24 weeks. Bleh.

@MrsH: Sorry you are still feeling sick that's awful! Is it getting at all better or is it just the same??

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Hi little guy! Congrats on a good scan

@QBbride: We haven't bought/done anything either! I did get a few cute onesies :s but nothing that's actually useful hahaha.

@ValentineMommy: That's nice that it's in the same place! It will make the transition so much easier!

30. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@travelgirl1: hahahahaha! It's totally is like peeing on a bush fire. Mostly I do take them just to say I tried something lol. My friend just gave me a bunch of zantac though so I'm going to try that out today!

31. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

Also, what are people getting for first few weeks with baby to wear? With DS he ended up in fleecy carters zip up sleepers and it was cold so there was no real debate about it.

Do you think for temps of 70/80s usually (high teens/low 20s Celcius) a baby would need a full cotton zip up? or short sleeves? Anyone thought about coming home outfits yet?

32. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I got him a few cute "real" outfits to wear if we visit with family or something. He'll probably wear one of those to go home in. One is a Hawaiian button down shirt and shorts! lol

Other than that, my grandmother sent me a care package last week that had a ton of cute onesies. I figure he'll probably mostly live in those for the rest of the summer. Maybe I should get a few pairs of sweatpants or something to go over top? I'm clueless...

33. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@fuzzypeaches: @TheSwissWifeStyle: since most areas have super cold Air Conditioning I'm going with cotton footies (one pieces) mostly just because I know if I'm cold he probably will be too
    since newborns can't wear sunscreen I'm thinking we'll be inside more than outside for the first little while. I bought a cute one that says little brother that I think we will take him home in

34. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: yeah, no AC here...much to my dismay!! But I agree for AC'd areas.

35. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@fuzzypeaches: week 20 I puked every single day this week has been a little better.

For clothes we are mainly using cotton footed sleepers or onesies.

36. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

Today only, extra 30 percent off clearance on Carter's online! As per our discussion...I ordered some pull on sweatpants and sweat-shorts to go over those onesies!

37. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@fuzzypeaches: DS was born a few weeks earlier than DD will be (in terms of seasons) but I think I mainly dressed him in sleepers at night and onesies with sweat pants/leggings during the day! I didn't like having him in "pajamas" all day/night but that's just my personal preference!!

38. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@QBbride: I was the same! Even if we didn't "change" until noon hahaha. Do you think short sleeve or long?? I know this is ridiculous... I remember deliberating all these things before DS too when really I could always shop AFTER the baby comes too and I see how the weather is

@Mrs. Pickles: air conditioning sadly isn't an issue for us :s although my DH is begginggggg to get it this summer! I love the warm weather but it definitely is rare that it's "too" hot here

@TheSwissWifeStyle: so fun! I went to the carters outlet here but was so overwhelmed by everything being so cute that I left empty handed because I couldnt decide! I need to go back again! Are u doing nb or 0-3?

39. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@fuzzypeaches: a mix of both.

40. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@fuzzypeaches: hmm my mind is fuzzy! I think short sleeves but it was a pretty hot June. In the actual summer (since it only lasts for 2 months, haha!) I think he wore a lot of onesies or those cute rompers from Carter's. I'm going to Bellingham next week with a friend so I'm going to pick up some cute stuff then. Probably a mix of nb/0-3. I think DS was in nb for about 6 weeks (just under 7 lbs at birth).

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee