Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Just had my MW appt. I have gained 13 pounds in total at 25 weeks. Everything else is measuring normal. Baby was moving a lot and we heard the HB. I'm going to go ahead and do the GD 1 hour test on April 1st not looking forward to it but I guess it will be good to check it out. Then surgery on the 6th. I'm SO ready for MAY!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: perfect picture!! Very cute profile

2. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@Tidybee: I just got my StitchFix box today. I had gotten several boxes before I got pregnant and ended up quitting for the same reason--feeling like I was getting crappy stylists who weren't paying any attention at all to what I was asking for. It got REALLY frustrating. The funny thing in the box I got today was that none of the pieces she sent me are maternity clothes, but I'm keeping a few things. One of the dresses was a total joke, and the other isn't going to work as a maternity dress but will be so cute for postpartum I really wanted to keep it.

3. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsH: I am so sorry you are still sick!

4. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: So cute!!! Glad you had a good scan.

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Bluemasonjar: So glad to hear I am not the only one dealing with shortness of breath! I get winded all the time!

6. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@fuzzypeaches: my little one didn't wear NB at all. 7 lbs but 21 inches.

7. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Anyone decide on a diaper bag?

8. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

So much going on here!
    I'm in the camp of haven't done much for the nursery. We have bedding and a paint color picked out. Now it's just getting a painter out here to paint the room. My parents are buying a glider and I haven't picked one out yet. The one we used for DS1 is crap, so were not going to use it again. We're going to use DS1's crib, so I'll transition him to his big boy bed soonish. Work is so stressful and I'm so exhausted when I get home, I just don't have the energy to plan like I did my first pregnancy.
    @Reese: I think I'm going to get the Skip Hop Grand Central. I had the Duo for DS1 and I just didn't love it. I felt like it was too tall and narrow and I had to dig for everything. I did like that it had a cross body strap though.

9. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@Candy_nee: oooh I have looked at that one and I am intrigued by the cinnamon colour. Sometimes it looks red and other times it appears orange-y. Have you seen it in real life? Do you think it's too big for those with only 1 LO?

10. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Reese: we registered for this. Lol it's from etsy.

11. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@Reese: I've seen the black one in store and it's very roomy. I don't think it's too big for one kiddo. I think it's give you plenty of room for all the stuff you need to carry plus your own stuff. But I tend to like roomier bags. You should see my purse! Lol

12. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@travelgirl1: We're in the same boat. We have so much stuff from DS1, that I'm not even thinking about the massive amounts of gear I was thinking of last time.

@QBbride: I was hoping for a second glider as well. It's just not going to happen. I don't know what to put in DS1's room though cause we still use it all the time! As for the weight gain, with DS1 I gained something like 40+ pounds (I stopped looking at the scale during the last trimester lol). I'm REALLY hoping not to get up that high this time!!

@angelachase: I know what you mean. Pregnancy really does change your whole body. I was really down on myself after DS1 because of it, but came to appreciate my new pp body and all it's given me. But you never know, you might be one of the lucky ones that goes right back to your prebaby bod!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: what a cutie!!!

@fuzzypeaches: I think DS will do really well. It's actually with the same teachers too, so I'm hoping he doesn't freak out! lol As for clothes, I got DS2 a few rompers (short sleeve), since we keep the a/c on pretty much all the time in the summer. I figure we will just put blankets on him and stuff if he gets cold. I have tons of long stuff from DS1 if we feel like he's too cold also. I just got his coming home outfit last week! It's a really cute chambray romper from Janie and Jack.

@Reese: Ugh, I am not looking forward to the GD test. Blech. FX everything goes smoothly for your surgery. At least it will be over soon! I have so many diaper bags it's not even funny. I have a black leather coach one, a turquoise oioi one, a pink danzo san ysidro, a marc jacobs tote style one, two jujube's (bff and beprepared), a mia bossi maria bag, and the skip hop duo double (for overnight trips). Sadly, I know I'm going to end up buying more lol. My name is Valentinemommy and I have a bag problem.

@MrsH: My mom and I were just talking about nb sizing. It's so weird. DS1 was a BIG baby, at 21" long and just over 9 pounds, but he wore nb for almost a month. He was really skinny for being so heavy, and was just solid. Body shapes/types are so different, even at birth. It's weird!

Had my followup scan yesterday and everything went great. Spine and heart looked good. They said they saw a small spot in one chamber of the heart, but since all my testing came back negative, they think it's a small calcification and is no big deal (still freaks me out a little, but I think DS1 had the same thing). Oddly enough, DS2 looked a lot more like DS1 this time. I guess the 2 weeks gave him some time to fatten up lol. I'm going back in another two weeks for a 3d at mfm as I was given the option to. I have a genetic disease that can cause cleft palates, and while neither DS1 or myself had one, they said they could better tell with 3d imaging. They said they really don't think DS2 has it, but if insurance is going to pay for it, I said why not? I never had a 3d with DS1, so I think it could be kinda cool.

13. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

wow that was a long post lol

14. pearl

coffee bean / 39 posts

@QBbride: It was Georgia, but it turns out that Georgia is super hard to choose a middle name for Can't start with an A, can't end with an A, can't be a noun or it sounds silly, etc.
    @Reese: I have a JuJuBe BFF that I love after going through 3 diaper bags before it, but I'm so tempted to try out a Timi & Leslie or a Jade & Lily now that I carry a diaper bag instead of a purse.

15. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: lol omg! You are too awesome - I don't know if I could pull it off.

@Candy_nee: ooooh good to know! I like the B&W striped version too

@ValentineMommy: Whoa! Maybe they have a weekly group you can attend.

@pearl: I love the lily&shade options and the large Kate Spade bag but both are kind of pricey. I wish the KS one would go on sale. The only thing is the KS doesn't have a side strap.

16. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Reese: if it makes you feel any better I had a ks at first and I hated it (too small, not comfortable). After a few bags I got the jujube like @pearl: and it's so much better (even though not as cute)!

17. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: so cute!

18. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

GD test done.. now just wait for the results..
    I felt like this time it tasted better and was a lesser amount than with my son

I love that @ValentineMommy: has a bag problem.. I'm like your window shopper of diaper bags I think I want the Be Prepared

19. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@fuzzypeaches: ooooh good to know. I was looking at this one

http://m.katespade.com/classic-nylon-brynne-baby-bag/PXRU5393,en_US,pd.html?dwvar_PXRU5393_color=001&dwvar_PXRU5393_size=UNS&cgid=ks-diaper-bags

I generally like structured bags.

20. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

@angelachase: I just ordered a box the other day and now I am nervous! I got a few last year and really loved them - was hoping the same for maternity!

21. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

Hi July mamas I'm so behind on the thread. Still looking for a new place to land in my company to hopefully continue to work until I have this baby. So many politics in big companies!

Am I the only one contemplating a backpack for my baby bag? My Skip Hop duo has been ok for 1 little baby. And since we got it in black my husband doesn't mind carrying it around either. But I'm thinking with an active toddler and a newborn that I'm going to want to have my hands and shoulders free.

@Mrs. Pickles: I forget, how long does it take to get results? Will you have them today? Glad to hear it wasn't so bad.

@Reese: Glad you had a good appointment and heard the baby's heartbeat. I'm sure you are ready to get that first week of April behind you. Time is flying so it will be May before you know it

22. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

It's nice to hear everyone's thoughts on what our babies will wear in those early days. I'm holding off on buying too much because I want to see if anything we have from our November baby will work in the early days. I picked up a few cute short sleeve items at a consignment sale. But I'm not letting myself go too crazy yet.

@ValentineMommy: Glad to hear your scan went well. I know it's hard when they do catch something on those scans - especially when they tell you it's nothing to worry about. Um - then why bring it up!? I bet your little boy will have a nice strong heart Enjoy your 3D ultrasound!

23. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@sweetooth: I hope that works out! I'm sorry you're having such a stressful work situation. And on an unrelated note, are our kids the same age? DS is a November '12 baby

I'm totally planning to use a backpack as a diaper bag! I'll have my hands full with two kids too, and hope to avoid hauling around a stroller and a bag. I've already replaced my purse with a backpack so I don't have to worry what to do with it if I'm chasing B in the playground... much better!

24. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@angelachase: I got 2 boxes last year but only ended up keeping 1 item out of each. Either it wasn't my style or it was overpriced but when I saw that they started carrying maternity I signed up for a box since I am dying for some variety. I'll let you know when I get it in a few weeks!

We got the nursery painted this week and will start putting together the closet and bookcase this weekend. My shower is coming up in early April and I want to be able to have a place for everything.

I made an appointment to meet a potential pediatrician next week but still need to do some day care tours. I am just so overwhelmed by everything I need to get done and it is hard to find time when I am trying to save vacation days for my maternity leave.

25. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@sweetooth: I'm getting a backpack for a diaper bag! I think it'll be easier to carry around when I'm wrangling baby and DD.

For clothes, I'm planning on mostly onesies, with a few cotton pants and a couple tiny baby cardigans to throw over them. My DD was a July baby too and she lived in onesies and cotton sleepers when we were at home that summer - no AC!

I had my second anatomic a few days ago to get a profile view of babe. She was on the move the entire time! I'm obsessed with comparing the u/s pics of this babe with DD's. It looks like they have the same nose but the babe has poutier lips. So cute!

26. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mama Bird: @cait: We'll be the backpack brigade! Have you already found one? I'm considering this one: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/quiksilver-daddy-day-bag/3476653 And great - now it's currently unavailable

@Mama Bird: My little guy is a November 2013 baby. So you're 1 year ahead!

@Bluemasonjar: It's definitely stressful to think of everything you have to get done. But from where I'm standing, it looks like you're making your way through it all one thing at a time - you're on fire!

@cait: Thank you for reminding me about baby layers. Little cardigans will be great! Glad to hear your little view of baby #2 was good. It's fun to compare the ultrasounds

27. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

Is it freaking anyone else out that April babies are being born??? For some reason April seems really close to July. I, like many of you, have done barely any new baby prep

28. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@fuzzypeaches: What freaks me out is the fact that May isn't that far off and once May is here, I only have one month. Not sure why but that gets me!

29. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Bluemasonjar: Wow, you are on a roll!

30. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@simplyfelicity: THIS! Especially since the second DD they gave me was June 29th

31. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

I also just gave my office my last day of work before leave (June 19th) which doesn't seem that far away at all!

32. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Our guy is measuring ahead, too. Maybe he's just big. My last day is May 29th (teacher here) and I have to plan for 5 months off...eeeekkkkk!

33. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Bluemasonjar: yes you sound super on top of things! Don't worry!
    @Reese: that's my last day too!

It's so weird because if this Lo comes when lo1 did, I would only have 10 1/2 weeks left! Ack

@simplyfelicity: that timing sounds perfect! Time to chill and prepare pre-babe!

34. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

I am starting to freak out too. We are NOT READY. Baby's future nursery is still 100% a cluttered storage room. Especially because I have all along been planning that baby will be here on her due date or later.....the possibility that she could arrive a few weeks EARLY hasn't factored into my calculations. Eeeek!

35. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@angelachase: yep storage room over here too lol!

36. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@angelachase: thanks for the Stitch Fix pregnancy box review! I was thinking about doing it because I am so sick of my current maternity wardrobe!

Our nursery is currently a storage room as well. Still needs to be painted and stuff needs to be rearranged. Oh, and we need to transition DD into her big girl furniture so that we can move her baby's stuff into the nursery. Sigh. So much to do!

I'm 22 weeks now and feeling pretty good! Still getting my progesterone shots weekly but I only have one more cervical monitoring appointment next week! If everything looks good then, they are moving me back to the "normal" pregnancy monitoring schedule!

37. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

We have half the nursery painted. Dh didn't get to finish it before his hernia surgery earlier this em. Between nursing him back to health and then pulling a neck muscle I've been out of commission for the past few days. Nearly 22 weeks! This baby is a mover! Kicks all day and is always sitting on my bladder! Can't wait to see his face!

Ds#1 is doing so well w so many transitions! Moved him to a big boy bed and he is officially potty trained!! Last big thing before new baby is starting pt preschool in May!

Hope all of you are well!

38. mrsjyw

@Reese: good luck w your surgery!!!

39. mrsjyw

@Ginabean3: Woot for "normal" monitoring!

@sweetooth: I have a nov baby too! Saved mostly everything cept a few fleece pieces that won't be good for next summer just bought a few short sleeved onesies but I figure well be sitting in AC mostly so just planning on layering clothes!

40. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

Hi Mamas!

We have been busy busy with listing our house but have had a good rate of showings so keep your fingers crossed for us.

Lots to catch up and I will try to come back later and do that. In the meantime, how is everyone sleeping? I keep waking up around 4 and have the hardest time going back to sleep. I know I sleep a little but I feel like I mostly toss and turn until 6. Any ideas to get back to sleep in the middle of the night?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee