Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@MamaCate: I having the same sleep issue! I'm glad I'm not alone... Sorry, no words of helpful wisdom.

2. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Reese: thanks! It makes me feel better to know I am not alone!

3. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

My sleep sucks!! I am up a minimum of 2-3 times a night to pee and I often find myself just lying there awake. I have actually been taking diclectin at bedtime to try to make me drowsy but I don't think it is really doing anything!!

4. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@simplyfelicity, @sweetooth, @fuzzypeaches Thanks ladies that is reassuring! I just keep looking at my growing to do list. The next big thing is touring daycare centers since at least one has a waiting list.

5. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@MamaCate: meh, my sleep is so-so. But yeah, I find if I wake up past 4am, it's really hard to go back to sleep. I usually end up getting up and then going back to bed around 8am. That happens once, maybe 2x a week. Oh well, guess I should get used to a weird sleep schedule! Most other days I get up around 2am to pee/eat/drink. One or 2 nights a week I can force myself to sleep though the thought of having to pee.

Add me to the list of "storage room" mamas. DH and I did a little cleaning out this past weekend, but it's still a disaster. Oy...

23 weeks tomorrow for me. Anyone else get their "line" yet? (Linea negra.) I thought I was seeing it on top but couldn't be sure (above belly button.) But then the other night while lying on the couch DH was like, "Oh you got your line!" I made him take a pic, b/c it was underneath the big belly and I couldn't see it! lol It's super light, and the top part of it is off center from the bottom. For some reason I got really excited about having it

6. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: I do. I have a serious problem. And now that I have so many, my problem has spilled into cloth diapers and now wraps/baby carriers. Yikes. Lol

@sweetooth: Right?? I feel the same way. Same about my subchorionic hemorrhage. Why mention it if there's nothing you can do about it and it will probably go away (which mine did!)?? I have enough to worry about lol

@cait: That's exactly what I did - immediately compared the scan to DS1. Lol! My first anatomy scan he looked nothing like DS1, but the second time, he looks much more like him! I'm glad your scan went well!

@MamaCate: I'm having a terrible time sleeping now too!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: No linea negra for me yet. I think I had it with DS1 by now!

While our nursery is still half a storage room, it's at least all pushed in the middle of the room, since we finally started painting! I feel good about making any progress at this point lol

7. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I never got a line with DS so I don't know if I'll get it this time!! Apparently it doesn't happen as often with fair skin.

8. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@QBbride: I'm fair skinned and mine was extremely light! I'm hoping the same happens this time (or less)

9. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@sweetooth: haha backpack brigade! Pity that one is out of stock, but maybe they'll stock it again... there's still time! I have a huge old Jansport. I didn't pick it, and kind of hope it wears out one day so I can get something smaller, but it's seen eight years and three continents, and is still going strong!

Also starting to panic about how little time is left but I'm counting the days at the same time. We still have snow leftovers and below freezing temps, and I'm just ready for summer to get here.

Baby got hiccups for the first time last night! I think B scared her when he had a nightmare, but still, baby hiccups... so cute!

10. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

yay for storage room nurseries!! We need to get on the ball, this weekend was the first time I've really felt like oh hey I'm the pregnant lady.

Any of your babes have a like a movement schedule? He's active at 5am-6am, 2pm-3pm and 9pm ... maybe I'm just not feeling him when he is otherwise but it's every day around those same times

11. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

Oh man you guys...rough afternoon yesterday. I'm still super gaggy and pukey especially with smells. And my son had one of the worst poosplosions I've had to handle in a while. I totally puked on his changing table while trying to get through the diaper change. Then later in the evening he puked up his dinner. Baby puke is never a good smell and it almost made me puke again. But I had to suck it up and clean it up while my husband tried to calm him and clean him in the tub.

Dicelgis isn't doing it for me. I feel like I'm just going to be like this until the end and it sucks.

Just had to complain to some people who can probably relate Thanks for listening...

12. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@mrsjyw: yay for November babies! And glad to hear he's doing so well with the transitions.

@MamaCate: I hope you get a great offer soon! Thinking good thoughts for your home and your family. I don't seem to wake early, but getting to sleep is starting to be difficult with my RLS. I can't seem to get comfortable for quite a while when I lay down.

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I've been looking for the linea negra, but I haven't seen mine yet. I definitely had it by now for my first pregnancy. I love that your husband took a picture for you to see the underside of your belly

@ValentineMommy: I'm totally with you on the SCH too! I had that stress last time around along with markers on the ultrasound and it was an unnecessary stress. I wish they could just take note of it and keep an eye on it - but keep their mouths shut! (I bet I'd feel differently though if I found out something worse later and would wonder why they didn't tell me)

@Mama Bird: I do have some backpacks that I could probably make work. But of course I like the structure and pockets of some of these baby specific backpacks. I'm definitely keeping an eye on that Quiksilver one.

@Mrs. Pickles: I should probably start to take note of his movement schedule so I can begin counting kicks. I feel like I can summon his movements when I just sit still. Which doesn't happen often enough

13. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@sweetooth: i'm really sorry that the nausea is still in full force. that totally sucks. i had to breathe through my mouth a lot during my nausea so that i wouldn't smell LO's poop and other things that would set me off.

@Mrs. Pickles: i haven't paid too much attention during the day, but definitely around 8-9pm the baby gets active. it's nice because it's a quiet time (we put LO to bed by then, usually, fingers crossed).

@Mama Bird: aw, hiccups! my first LO got them almost every night in utero in the evenings, towards the end of my pregnancy. so cute.

@TheSwissWifeStyle: haven't gotten my line yet, but i know it's coming (i had a pretty dark one the first time). such a weird thing. and then it looked like it would never go away...

14. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@sweetooth: Aw man, I'm so sorry you're still sick and the Diclegis isn't working for you I still have my ick days, but the diclegis has significantly helped. As for the ultrasound, I totally agree with you - I think if it is something they're not going to monitor and something that you can't do anything about, I'd rather not know. Dr google is evil, and yet, I can't stay away lol

15. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@sweetooth: oh wow, that is terrible!! I can't even imagine. Complain all you want!

16. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

another one with a storage room nursery ha ha ha DH is a tax accountant so we are waiting until after April 15th to really get started. Right now the room mostly holds all my craft items (knitting,sewing and cookie decorating) so I need to find a new home for all of that. Thankfully the basement is refinished so I am thinking that I will just use one of those storage shelves for all my 'things.' I will need to figure out a place to set up my sewing machine though. I love having it set up and be able to sew at a moments notice as opposed to having to get everything all set up.

We are going to backpack it this time from the get go. We switched to a backpack when LO was about a year and it is SO MUCH EASIER. I am thinking of getting a big LL Bean one for both of them.

25 weeks today and baby girl is getting big! I can feel her moving all the time now which is awesome. I am on week three of a head cold which is better than it was but I am not 100% - I just want to feel normal again! GD test on Friday WOOHOO and then my next appt is April 17th at which point they will be bi-weekly. Insane to me.

17. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@littlebittyhouse: I am so jealous of your finished basement. That would make my life a million times easier!

18. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@sweetooth: omg this sounds horrific

@littlebittyhouse: I just went for my 25 wk appt today and he was like one more 4 week interval for you! I literally cannot understand where the time is going

I might be nesting a little though... I stayed up until 3am (amen to all my other sleepless ladies on here lol) making LOs first year picture album! He's 18 months old it suddenly seemed very urgent after so many months of procrastination hahahahaha

19. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I had it last time really dark but don't have it this time (yet??) I've been looking for it every week!

20. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

@ValentineMommy: I wish it were 'nicer' ha ha but it is really last on the list of house renovations. It is great for DS though - We have a big couch, chair, toybox down there. Nice to have a change of scenery sometimes.

@fuzzypeaches: I feel like it happened so fast this time. I remember not being able to wait for those bi-weeklys and now I'm like WHAT?! WAIT?! I am not ready haha.

21. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: Yes! My baby is always up and about when I first wake up (5 AM) and then it's nonstop kicking and wiggling from 8 PM-11 PM. Other random times throughout the day too, but those ones are the most regular and the strongest movements.

22. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@sweetooth: so sorry to hear that you are still feeling so awful! I hope your doc can find something that might help. I was just talking to a friend who said she threw up daily from weeks 6-26 which is why she is not ready to be pregnant again so maybe there is still hope for things to brighten up?

@TheSwissWifeStyle: sleeping until 8 sounds lovely. I get up at 5:30 on the days I work out and 6 otherwise, so if I am awake too long after 4 it sort of becomes a losing battle. Knock on wood--the last two nights have been a little better! I also haven't seen a line yet and don't think I got one last time. I will have to pay more attention.

@Mrs. Pickles: I feel like there is definite variation in the schedule but that baby is consistently active right when I wake up in the morning, and when I am sitting/lying down at night. It is so exciting to be able to rely on that movement.

I remember other second time mamas saying that everything happened sooner in subsequent pregnancies and not being sure what they meant. Well, now I feel like I am already getting what can best be described as pelvic soreness that I swear I didn't have until the last month with LO#1. It is not terrible, but makes me wonder how much worse it will get in the next four months. Anyone else?

23. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MamaCate: Yup - I have the soreness. And I feel like DS2 is already kicking me "down there" somehow. I definitely felt that in the last 1-2 months and not sooner with DS1. The joy. Lol

24. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@MamaCate: @ValentineMommy: solidarity mamas. My bladder is already the size of a pea and seriously feel all the symptoms of last month pregnancy at 22/23 weeks. Ds#2 is sitting lower than ds#1 if that's even possible! Lord help us all this second half.

25. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsjyw: That's how DS2 is for me too. I swear, he's sitting like, directly behind my csection incision, he's SO low!

26. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@ValentineMommy: Twins! *high 5!*

27. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsjyw: Lol! The more I read your posts, the more alike I think we are! Haha high five!

28. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

How do you guys feel about the size of your bumps? I was getting a lot of "you are so much smaller this time around" comments until last week, them suddenly all I heard was: "you look SO pregnant" "oh my gosh, you are huge now" and my personal favourite this week: "you look so pregnant, even in your face!!!" Ha ha, thanks

29. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@littlebittyhouse: Jealous of your basement too! We live in an apartment, and we just get a little storage space in a big shared area downstairs. It sucks! I'm so over European apartment living!

@travelgirl1: I like the size of my bump, but I think I'm a little on the larger side of bumps. I went to a moms and moms-to-be meet-up yesterday, and I was due pretty much the latest of the moms-to-be, and I felt like I was bigger than them all! Except one girl due in early May. But then when I search on IG for the hashtag of whatever week I'm in, I feel pretty on par with the rest of them. So who knows! One lady told me I was big for 23 weeks. I think everyone just carries different. As long as my little boy is ok, I'm fine with it!

30. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@sweetooth: Yep I puked during a champagne toast two weeks ago. Thankfully I made it to the bathroom.
    @Mrs. Pickles: Yes i can predict his movements now. Which is reassuring to me that he's doing good

So had my follow-up to the anatomy scan. They didn't get enough the first one so we did a second one. This one revealed a marginal cord insertion. I didn't know what that was so read a little online. The doctor wasn't informative at all. Basically normal insertion is in the center of the placenta. Marginal is somewhere between the center and the edge of the placenta. Then there is a 3rd type that is on the edge. The insertion point can cause low birth weight, pre-mature labor and other issues.
    I'm trying not to freak out right now. But I have another anatomy scan in 6 weeks to see how he is progressing in growth. Right now he is 1.13 lbs which is right where he should be at 24.5 weeks. Please pray that he continues to grow over the next 6 weeks. I just am freaking out. I have so many questions. Thankfully I see my regular OB next week so I hope to get more answers then.

31. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@turkeylurkey: oh that sounds scary! I have never heard of that but i hope that him being in track thus far is a good sign. I will be praying for you!

@travelgirl1: I feel like the last two weeks have been the shift from cute and maybe pregnant to definitely pregnant, so that random people are talking to me about being pregnant. It feels faster than last time but I guess that is normal and my weight is still ok. No one should ever tell someone how big she looks!!

32. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: You have the cutest bump! I look up hashtag weeks too, Which seem all across the board!

@travelgirl1: @MamaCate: Same - I feel like just this past week people are open to commenting about me being pregnant/no guessing. People just asking when im due.. etc..I haven't gotten any crazy comments, I'm sure its only a matter of time.

@turkeylurkey: Argh. How stressful. You know baby is perfectly on track right now - I am sure if it was a more serious issue they would monitor it more closely. Wishing you a speedy 6 weeks and some good news at your next appt.

33. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@travelgirl1: I get a lot of "wow, you only look huge in your belly!" I don't know what to say, isn't that what happens in pregnancy? I love my bump!
    @turkeylurkey: I am so sorry you are under that stress. I agree, though, that if they were really concerned, they would be monitoring you so closely. I will be praying for sure!

34. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: Yes, this kid totally has a schedule! And she's a sleepy head, always wakes up an hour after I do DS never had a schedule in my tummy, just partied whenever he felt like it. He's still like that. Maybe this girl will be a slightly better sleeper!

@sweetooth: oh no, hope you're feeling better!

@travelgirl1: I think my bump is just right! Well, usually. If I overeat, it expands and I feel like I'm eight months along... it's ridiculous.

@turkeylurkey: try not to stress! I know that's easier said then done. If baby's growth is on track and they don't want you to come back for another six weeks, doesn't sound like the doctor is too worried.

35. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@travelgirl1: Wow....those are some blunt comments! I keep getting comments about how I'm smaller this time (which I'm really not, he's just lower) and it's starting to aggravate me because I'm worried about DS2 measuring so much smaller than DS1. Plus, my body is not up for discussion!

@turkeylurkey: I've never heard of any of that! Prayers that everything is ok. All this stuff can be so nerve wracking.

Yesterday I ended up finishing painting our accent wall in the nursery and ended up with horrible cramping! My doc told me to stay off my feet and drink a ton of water, and luckily, the cramps were gone by this morning. I'm working from home today, just to play it safe, but WHEW! Listen to your bodies ladies and don't overexert yourselves!!! Those cramps were horrible! DS2 is moving around as normal, and I checked his hb with the doppler and he seems fine thankfully

36. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

Thank you ladies! It's just been one heck of a ride this go around, from heart palipations to now this!

@ValentineMommy: Man you're good, I haven't gotten that far in our room. Glad that the cramps subsided for you!
    @MamaCate: I too think the bump got bigger this time around. And yes no one should ever say how big we are or aren't! LOL

Gosh I can't believe that we only have around 3 months to go! Going to go by quick here! Anyone started planning showers? My girlfriends are doing a diaper shower since this is my 2nd one. Something a little more low-key. We are getting a jump start on the planning because we have in our circle of girls another baby coming and a wedding coming up so May and June are booking up fast!

37. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@turkeylurkey: My mom is planning a small sprinkle for me, not for gifts, but to celebrate the baby! She's thinking end of May, as we go on vaca early June and I don't want the party to be too late/close to edd.

38. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@edelweiss: @ValentineMommy: @QBbride: @fuzzypeaches: @MamaCate: @Mama Bird: Thanks you guys. Unfortunately it got worse this week. My son's stomach bug transferred to me and I was out of commission yesterday. I was so worried the little boy in my belly wasn't getting enough liquids. I'm feeling better today and doing my best to stay hydrated. I have a love/hate relationship with daycare.

I also landed a new job! YAY! But, that means I have a new boss to tell that I'm pregnant. I handled the job search all over the phone and email, so no one has seen my belly. I hope it's not too insane to work hard for a month, prove myself, and then say "I'm having a baby in 2 months!" This is nuts...life is nuts.

39. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@sweetooth: that sucks about the flu! I had the flu a few weeks ago and it was terrible. I did my best to stay hydrated but it was difficult! I ended up losing 9 lbs in 4 or 5 days and I'm sure most of it was water weight. Congrats on the new job!! Obviously they really liked you over phone/email but I'm sure it will be nerve wracking to tell them in person! You got this

40. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@sweetooth: yay great to hear!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee