Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: we moved DS2 into DS1's room a few weeks ago, but we had two cribs, so he's still in one. Our struggle is AM wake ups too.

I feel huge. I recognize that I'm not, but I still do. I've had some bad heartburn and upper back pain too. Just started some rib pain yesterday. I hope you get a massage!!

2. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@winniebee: I also feel enormous! Weirdly enough, I have gained less weight up to this point with this pregnancy than either of my previous two. Sleeping is getting uncomfortable. I feel like I have to brace myself for the weird aches and pains that will happen when I stand up to pee.

Our goal for last weekend was to finish cleaning out our 4th bedroom to get ready to move DD to that room. It didn't even come close to happening, so now that's on the agenda for this weekend. I am starting to think I need to get in gear since I have done zero to prep for this baby.

3. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: Also feeling huge over here!! I've gained significantly less weight than I did in my first pregnancy, but I'm still measuring a week plus ahead. And just overall feel huge. I keep forgetting how big my bump is and knocking things over with my belly!

4. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@JennyG: @Calibee: as far as weight gain goes, I'm right on track with both pregnancies

5. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Mrs. J: same! I usually gain 20 by 30w and then 10 my last 8w

6. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@winniebee: @Mrs. J: I gained 45 (yikes!!) with my son and 35 with my daughter. Right now, I've gained 20 with this pregnancy. As someone who has always struggled with weight, it was really difficult to see the number go up with my first pregnancy. Now I'm much more concerned with a healthy baby than numbers on the scale. I am looking forward to when this LO arrives and I can hopefully never see a number that high on the scale again.

7. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@JennyG: Totally agree. It's not easy to see the number on the scale creeping upwards. But as long as baby is growing big and strong, it's definitely worth it.

But yes here's to never seeing these numbers again. And burning all maternity/post partum clothes

8. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Calibee: yes!!!! Finally being able to revamp my wardrobe!!

9. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

Had my level 2 ultrasound today. No more meeting with the high risk doctors. Baby looks great and weighs 2 lb 1 ounce! Sounds huge to me but apparently is 68%ile.

I gained a monstrous like 55 pounds first go round. I did lose it all plus a few by the time I got pregnant again which I was happy about. I think a lot was water retention at the end. I'm up 17 so far so am doing better this pregnancy. But I think my body just likes to store weight when pregnant and make big babies. Haha!

10. winniebee

@Mrs. Goose: Great news about your ultrasound!!

11. winniebee

Had my 30 week checkup today. Measuring on track and have gained a whopping 22 lbs. Blah. My OB will induce me at 39 weeks if I want (and I do) due to my age. So, looking at the last week in June most likely, if I don't go into labor before then. Two more months!!!

12. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@winniebee: that's exciting to kind of know when! My friend is also due in July and is a fellow csection mama and texted me today to say she has her baby's birthdate booked and it made me feel excited! I don't know if I'll end up with a scheduled c (haven't met with an ob yet) but the baby is seeming much more real now!

13. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: How exciting!! And nice to know you won't be going overdue!

I have my fingers crossed for a late June baby, too. And given that he's measuring a week or so ahead, it's seeming like it might really happen. I had my daughter at 38 weeks--just naturally went into labor (surprise!!)--and from what friends have told me, I was lucky to miss out on weeks 38+.

14. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Calibee: I went to 42 weeks with my first. Haha. But it actually wasn't that bad physically. Mentally, I was a mess though.

15. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

Hello ladies ! Glad everyone is felling good, babies are growing fine! Also glad I'm not the only one who feels enormous, and starting to feel uncomfortable!
    We also have made zero progress on the name game..It's actually a conversation that I feel will not happen until baby's here...
    We went for a lovely walk on Sunday and i felt some little twinges..So since then I've been stressing that absolutely nothing has been organised yet and that I'd better hurry!!
    So program for the next weeks is going through baby clothes, making lists of what i need for baby, for myself at hospital, making a list of item for the birth list(not sure if you call it like that)..Look into birth announcement cards and ofcourse the never ending list of administrative tasks i have to do... Sounds like fun!
    On a fun note, i had my 7th months appointment with the doc and all is fine, in her words, "ah he is ready! " And I'm starting my birth classes next week!

16. honey786

grape / 81 posts

Hi ladies! Being a FTM, I am unsure how childcare will go and am kind of dragging my feet on it. I am due early July and plan to take 4 months off work. I would love to do a nanny or nanny share, but is it way too early to start looking for one now? (I would need one starting in November). Have any of you done this and at what timing do you start looking? My husband is super antsy to have a plan in place but I would hate to put a deposit down on a daycare when I know I would rather get a nanny and those are harder to set in stone so far out... right?

17. honey786

grape / 81 posts

@mamainthesun: Aw! That is so exciting. We are also not far on the name game. We just finished a lamaze course and I am kind of sad its over, ha ha. I loved it. My husband is happy to be done, but he learned a lot and I feel like he is more connected to what I am going through in this pregnancy. I do have a long list of to-do's now that the class is over though! (Hospital bag packing, find a pediatrician, birth preferences/plan, hire a doula, paint the nursery, wash clothes, organize gifts, order furniture, etc!) I am 30 weeks and I am sure this next 10 (or so) will feel long physically, but short when it comes to our to-do list!

18. winniebee

@honey786: we will be looking for a nanny to start in late Sept (taking 3m off) and I probably won't start looking until July. I think most nannies don't know of availability until a few months out (I started a thread here on it, too!). You could prob start looking for nanny share family though!

19. winniebee

@mamainthesun: we've made no progress either! We literally went through the whole alphabet a few weeks ago and didn't agree on anything!!

20. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@mamainthesun: @winniebee: We are pretty solid on names. Since we're Team Green for the first time, we obviously have some for each. Nevertheless, I still find myself looking up names and adding potential ones to the list in my head, but always come back to the same few.

Any one else have TONS of increased pressure down below? Last pregnancy I got put on bed rest at 30 weeks. I had a cerclage put in this time, so I should avoid bed rest, but I'm now starting to freak out things still could be moving along too quickly. I have an appointment on Monday so I'll talk to them then. I can't believe I'm already down to appointments every two weeks!!!

21. winniebee

@JennyG: I keep coming back to the same few, too. The problem is they are not the same few for my husband!

I have tons of pressure as well when I walk, already have contractions, and have the stinging cervix when baby's head jabs it. I'm monitoring the contractions to make sure I don't have more than 6 an hour. I have some hours where I just have 1 and then may have an hour where I have 4. It's unnerving because I did have pre-term labor with my first (though in the end I think I didn't need bed rest). But, I am trying to stay calm and focus on getting through each week as a milestone (30+3 today). I should probably stop the walking for exercise until 34 weeks, but I really enjoy getting out and about.

22. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@winniebee: Same here with the milestones!! I have an app on my phone with lots of them. The first is 32 weeks because then I can deliver at the hospital in my town instead of having to go to one of the higher NICUs an hour away.

I had been exercising regular until recently when sometimes its just too much. I still try to do a little exercise some nights. I am definitely having contractions too, but haven't started timing them yet. I should. It makes me worried that sometimes just walking from my office to a classroom down the hall is enough to cause one.

23. winniebee

@JennyG: I'm just walking for work outs at this point - a 30 min waddle through my neighborhood! I think I just have an irritable uterus, but of course would feel terrible if I delivered this baby too early. 32 is a great milestone for lung development etc....and then 34 is really a great goal to have and that's where I'll breathe out a big sigh of relief. Of course I'm having a boy, so they don't do as well as preemies.

24. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@winniebee: 34 weeks is the next milestone on my app! Obviously, my goal is 40 weeks, but I doubt that will happen. I need to check when they'll remove my cerclage at my next appointment.

25. honey786

grape / 81 posts

I just had my 30 week visit. She is a consistent baby! Heartbeat always around 140 and my belly is consistently measuring one cm ahead of due date. Midfwife was able to confirm she is in the same position as my 28 week visit... ROA. Head down! Good early sign...

26. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@honey786: Glad you had a good appointment. It seems like all the babes are starting to head in the right direction.

I am officially old as I threw my back out this morning brushing my teeth. I've hurt my back many times running or whatnot, but not doing something so simple. I have an appointment with the chiropractor at 1:30. I came into work, but now that I'm here, I think I should have just stayed home. I had so much I wanted to get done baby-wise this weekend and now that might be put on hold.

27. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

I'll be 30 weeks on Tuesday and officially had my first "oh my god the baby is almost here" freak out last night.

We haven't done anything to start on my daughter's big girl room, this kid has no name, and I'm starting to get emotional about the fact that it won't just be me and my little girl any more. Pregnancy hormones are the best!

28. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@honey786: Nice! Pretty sure my babe is transverse and hope he/she goes head down soon-ish, but I'm just 27 weeks tomorrow.

@Calibee: I'm 3 weeks behind you, but that was me last Saturday. I bawled at my parents' house while we were discussing ordering a twin bed for our daughter. It hit me that we're going to have a baby and I felt really overwhelmed. I am also sad about taking her babyhood away from her/her attention so I know how you feel! I have gotten sad about that much earlier in the pregnancy. I know she's going to love having a sibling and she won't remember being alone really (especially as we have had a toddler at our house her age 10 hours a day every day since she was 11 months old) but it still feels weird that she isn't going to be our only baby anymore.

Going to try to empty out her big girl-to-be room this weekend so we can build the bed and start getting stuff sorted out. I want to transition her from the crib in June in case it is a disaster! However, having done nothing yet, I'm not sure how long it's going to take us to put a room together for her...

29. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

Also, anyone else have a super active baby?! I napped yesterday afternoon so I couldn't fall asleep until 2 am. The baby was moving around from 10:30 ish-1:30 and then when I woke up at 6 and all morning until like 9 am. I feel like it never sleeps some days! And I have a hard time getting comfy to sleep because I feel like I'm squishing the baby on my side because it's lying transverse and it gets super wiggly so I don't know if I'm lying on it's head or something...resulting in me sleeping siting up a lot of times.

30. winniebee

@Mrs. Goose: yes very active baby here too! It also feels like there's very little barrier between him and the outside world - like his movements are SO close to the surface!

31. winniebee

To all those embarking on the big girl/boy bed....GOOD LUCK. We've had 2 weeks of pretty much hell here. R is 28 months and used to go to bed without a peep in his crib - started waking up early a few weeks before we transitioned him. Now he takes forever to go to sleep so goes to bed late, wakes at night, and still wakes up before 6. Naps - forget it. Awful. I'm feeling so exhausted mentally and emotionally and I keep crying at every little thing! Today I'm just feeling like how in the hell am I going to manage 3?!

32. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Guess I'm in the third tri now? Started having some sporadic Braxton Hicks.

@winniebee: ahh, I hope he gets better with it! I'm grateful we don't have to switch L to a big bed yet because I don't think he would stay in there.

33. winniebee

@Mrs. J: I wish we didn't! We really don't even need the crib right away, it just became more of an issue with R climbing out at his pleasure - and no fancy sleep sack could trick him anymore! He went from being a perfect sleeper a month ago to complete crap

34. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@winniebee: Ugh, no! I'm already nervous about it, but trying to be optimistic. My mum switched us all at 18 months ish (there are 6 of us). My sister told me prepare for 2 weeks of nightmare and then it will eventually get better...

35. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: Ugh that sounds rough!! Hopefully it will all be smoothed out by the time #3 arrives.

My daughter loves her crib and has yet to try to escape. Now I'm worrying that she won't be ready to move out by the time baby outgrows the bassinet!

36. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. Goose: It feels *so* weird that my baby isn't going to be the baby any more! And I really worry about her adjusting to the new baby. I stay home with her and she has never had to share me. My friend has a four month old so I try to hold the baby in front of my daughter during play dates to get her used to the idea of me holding a little one other than her. She freaked the first few times!

37. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

It's May!!! I've been telling myself for months that I have plenty of time to worry about this baby and once May rolls around, I'll get my act together. Well, this is me getting my act together. Here are some of the big things I want to get done in the next two weeks.

1. Finish cleaning out the extra bedroom.
    2. Buy a small dresser to use as a changing table.
    3. Buy an additional glider or rocking chair.
    4. Get out the newborn clothes for boy and girl and wash a few things. I plan to have the rest ready, so once I know what we're having, we can quickly wash the rest.

Oh, and like one million other things. These are just the big ones that come to mind.

What's on your list?

38. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@JennyG: I need to move LO2's clothes to his shared room with LO1, so then I can wash and put away the NB clothes and diapers. We have a lot of house projects going on that we want to accomplish before this baby comes!

39. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Calibee: how old is your daughter? My friend's kid was the same way when she used to hold my daughter as a baby. I have been lucky so far that mine doesn't mind me holding other babies or kids, but we'll see what it's like when it's a baby with her mama 24/7!

@JennyG: I'm giving myself a month to get my daughter's big girl room ready so we can transition her to a bed in June. I finally started getting my act together this weekend with cleaning it out. It is a big process because I have a lot of junk I saved over the years saying I could use it for my work with kids or for crafts... our bed for her came so I'm kind of hoping I can clean out the room by the end of this week and we can set it up. Most of my to do list revolves around getting that room ready and painting furniture for it. Then we need to order a car seat because we borrowed last time.

28 week appointment and gd test at the end of the week! I'm a bit nervous for it. I didn't have it the first time, but am apparently at higher risk because I had a big baby.

40. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

I had my GD test today and I have my 28 week appt on Thursday. That glucola is always so gross! It gave me a headache and made me dizzy.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee