Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@JennyG: May is freaking me out too! Less than 2 months to go!

1. DS2 is firmly sleeping in DS1 room but I still have to move all of his clothes into his new room to make space for baby.
    2. Wash baby clothes (we are having a boy and already have all boy stuff)
    3. Order some pacifiers, nipples, milk storage bags, and get out pump, etc.
    4. Do all of my continuing legal education credits (work related but...)
    5. Organize basement - unrelated but it needs to get done and it's annoying me!

2. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

Anyone finding it hard to do basically anything? Haha. And I know I'm a few weeks behind everyone else too! Now that I'm feeling more motivated to do stuff/and actually need to start prepping, i'm finding it difficult because of the belly...

3. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: that reminds me! I have to see what I need to do to keep my teaching license up to date...I SAH now and don't have plans to return to teaching (career change more likely), but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by letting it lapse.

4. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Goose: I'm just so tired!! We are trying to night train LO1 this week and so far it's just a lot of wake ups and laundry.

5. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

Ha! Happy to see I'm not the only one freaking out that may is here, so two months and a bit to go!
    As it's a boy again, i already have everything! I just need to wash the clothes and stock up on a few things. And organise about 50 other things but don't want to type it out cause then I will be confronted with how much stuff i still have to do!
    Ive set end of may as my must be ready date!
    I'll start tomorrow! I just feel so enormous and tired!!

6. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. J: that sounds not pleasan! Some days I do great off 4 hours of sleep and some days I am a disaster and so tired after 7-8. Justly depends on my days lately. I'm a teacher, but haven't taught in a few years so I don't pay my dues and will pay again if I decide I want to yeah again...which I feel I probably won't. When our kids are all in school full time (hoping for another after this one) then I'll start looking for a local job in a childcare field or just see what else is available.

7. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. Goose: She just turned two. But she's pretty fascinated with all things baby right now, so here's hoping it's not too terrible!

8. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. Goose: @Mrs. J: @mamainthesun: So very tired over here too! I'm freaking out that the countdown is pretty much on at this point, but it's still not really motivating me to do anything. Where are these alleged nesting instincts??

9. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Passed my GD test with flying colors! Now on to appointments every two weeks

10. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Goose: haha I gave up on the night training.

11. winniebee

Guys, I'm getting tortured over here. I have a flu like virus and between not being able to sleep b/c of that, pregnancy crap sleep, and my toddler waking up MOTN, I can barely function.

12. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@winniebee: Oh no, that sucks. I hope you get better asap. I had a sinus infection a few weeks ago for two weeks and it really knocked me down. I had stomach flu at 7 weeks. If I had that now I don't even know how I would be surviving. Tell your toddler to get with the sleep program already!

I feel/look huge. I'm expecting comments from strangers any day now. I'm measuring two weeks ahead by fundal height, which I know doesn't mean a whole lot, but I never measured ahead with my first who was a big baby and who I gained like 20 pounds more with at this stage than I have with this babe. I have the same midwife measuring me as last time too so I'm nervous about this baby's size. Waiting on gd test results and to meet with an ob re: potential tolac-which I'm not optimistic about at this stage. I waver between being sad about that and accepting a repeat c. Really it isn't in my control much anyway I suppose!

@Mrs. J: If I was getting woken up at night all the time for something that didn't need to be done necessarily right now, I would give it up too! My nearly 4 year old nephew wears a diaper only at night still, and has been potty trained for a year! So no big deal.

@Calibee: Nesting didn't hit me until like 39 weeks last time and I cleaned some windows on our porch...I'm not a very efficient nester. haha.

13. honey786

grape / 81 posts

I had my 32 week check up today and gained 5 lbs since my 30 week appointment. Oopsies! Midwife said its likely water retention - I'll take it! I actually do feel a little puffy today. I didn't put my wedding rings on this morning because of it. I am hoping it goes down so I can get them back on comfortably, but won't push it if I can't. (This happened a couple weeks ago and did go down). I think all the baby shower parties for friends this past weekend, plus cakes and sweets, equal extra puffiness.

My recent blood test came back that I am a little low on iron (which explains my love of chewing on ice?) So I am trying to supplement with some fortified cereals and snacks. Oh joy!

I am feeling a mix of ready to be done being pregnant, and also not ready for her to make her arrival. Anyone else?

14. winniebee

@honey786: oops! I feel like I've been packing it on lately too.

Had my 32 week growth scan today. Baby looks good 30th percentile, so not too small at this point. His head to belly ratio is fine (those issues, which are indicative of a growth restriction, were detected with DS2 at 28 weeks). High risk doctors don't need to see me again! Have normal OB appt tomorrow.

15. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: yay for graduating from the high risk doctors!!
    @honey786: I am a little low on iron too, so more burgers!

16. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: how are you feeling??

I've gained about 18lbs so far, 3lbs in the last month. I gained 25 with both of the boys.

17. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@honey786: My pregnancy calendar says baby is going through a growth spurt right now. So rapidly growing baby + water retention is definitely a recipe for some quick weight gain. As not fun as it is to see that number on the scale!!

By this time last pregnancy is was sooooo swollen. Like my flip flops left indentations on my feet. Hasn't happened yet, and I'm hoping so hard that it doesn't happen this time! It was really uncomfortable.

18. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: Great news! Here's to smoothe sailing till the end

19. winniebee

@Mrs. J: I feel happy! I have a wicked cold still so that is sort of putting a damper on things. I feel pretty good though! I think I've gained 22 lbs, but will find out tomorrow at OB, I guess

20. winniebee

Had my 32 week visit with my OB today. Even though my growth scan at MFM was fine and my belly is measuring on track, she still wants growth scans every 2 weeks (due to my age and past hx of small babies). I think after yesterday's ultrasound, I finally believe this baby is healthy, so a little extra monitoring to make sure he gets here safely is OK.

21. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@winniebee: It's great that everything looks good. I have to get growth scans every two weeks too and NSTs every week starting next week. While it can be a little annoying since everything looks good, I just try to enjoy seeing the little one more. Also, with two little ones at home, an hour hooked up for an NST is almost a vacation.

22. winniebee

@JennyG: haha yeah. I'm still working so it's just another hour out of my work day right now

23. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@winniebee: I am too, but only 13 more days of school. Next week is crazy with appointments, but after that I've managed to get most of not during school hours or once we're done for the summer.

24. winniebee

@JennyG: ah the end is in sight for u!

25. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

Good updates all around!

Has anyone purchased a cute going home outfit? I had a little dress for my daughter, but I didn't get to use it because she was so tiny. So she just ended up going home in a pink onesie, a pink hat, and socks that were comically large. And at the hospital she just wore the onesie and hat they provided.

26. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

I got some grey short sleeved shortie onesies for this baby and I'll bring a blanket. I'm expecting it to be hot! For my daughter we took two gender neutral sleepers, a newborn sleeper and 0-3 month. She was quite big so the newborn didn't fit at all and she barely fit in the newborn diapers that they had at the hospital. While we were there she just wore a diaper, hat, and was in a receiving blanket for skin to skin. So for two days she was like that.

Happy Mother's Day everyone! My toddler has a fever and is pretty sad/ grumpy.

27. winniebee

28. winniebee

Ive had an ear infection following this last virus. On antibiotics and finally feeling better. It's been quite the month of sickness for us. I hope it's over!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and mommas to be!

29. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@winniebee: happy Mother's Day to you too!! Sorry to hear about the bouts of illness, hope that's it for you now!

I've been SO bad with this board but have been trying to keep up on my phone whenever I can!

30ish weeks and the pelvic pressure is real! Just on one side but enough to make me feel awkward and lumbering when walking!

When do these babies get into the right position? I am pretty sure this little guy is lying transverse as I can feel his head and kicks all to the sides

30. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Nutella: transverse over here too! I looked back at midwife notes and my first was still transverse at 30 weeks and then moved head down and stayed there by 32 weeks. I have read second and beyond babies can take longer to get into that position and that it's not expected until around 34 weeks in most pregnancies. If it hasn't happened by 36 then that's when they start recommending stretches and spinning baby techniques to help out.

31. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: geez!! You can't catch a break!!!

The midwife thought baby was head down two weeks ago. We shall see what they say on Thursday!

32. winniebee

July 2017 Mamas

Beatlesfan629: 7/1 (#2)
    Honey786: 7/1 (#1)
    Purplelilac: 7/1 (#3)
    Winniebee: 7/3 (#3)
    Just_Ju: 7/4 (#2)
    Jennyg: 7/7 (#3)
    Enjollah: 7/9 (#3)
    Mamainthesun: 7/10 (#2)
    Calibee: 7/11 (#2)
    Hawaiiangirl: 7/14 (#3)
    Makingbabyw: 7/15 (#1)
    Nutella: 7/20 (#2)
    Pixietstix: 7/22 (#2)
    Mrs.J: 7/27 (#3)
    Jaypegs: 7/27 (#2)
    Smores: 7/27 (#2)
    Odynsmom: 7/29 (#2)
    Mrs. Goose: 7/29 (#2)

33. winniebee

Just updated our list - I may have missed genders, so let me know if I need to correct something!

34. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: look at all the due date twins!

35. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. We are also so. sick. over here. My daughter gave me some nasty bug and it's slowly killing me! I even broke down and took NyQuil last night because I seriously could barely function. Being pregnant, chasing a toddler, and having the sickness from hell is no fun!

36. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

Look at that list! We're getting so close!

37. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Nutella: I asked my doctor if he could tell the baby's position at my 28 week appointment. He said baby was head down but that it could easily change in the next few minutes. I think what @Mrs. Goose: said is true and it doesn't really matter until closer to 34/36 weeks. But it sure is reassuring whenever you hear that they're head down!

38. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

@winniebee: I just bought the same bunny outfit for our baby to come him in! It is so soft and adorable and it was even 40% off! While I was there I picked up a few other infant boy clothes too since otherwise this baby will be wearing all hand-me-downs from friends.

Sorry for not being more active around here. I guess This is what being pregnant with a third looks like (and mostly being a SAHM)!

I am 33 weeks and feeling pretty good overall. Some days I'm exhausted, especially if I get in a good workout. I'm getting super excited to meet to meet this little guy, but I spend most days dealing with the two "big" girls who seem to have a number of issues these days. You know big things like colds, broken granola bars, the fact that there are no more blueberry waffles, etc. I am hoping this needy phase that they are both in will pass quickly!

39. winniebee

@purplelilac: haha yes....all of these problems on a daily basis! Sometimes I just sit back and thing "what have we done!?" Our oldest is turning 5 in a few days and he's mostly pretty easy but when he is having a bad day....watch out!!!!

40. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@Calibee: @Mrs. Goose: thanks ladies! Yeah he is super active in there so I am pretty comfortable with the idea of him flipping around - still time! im also on iron supplements which is a bit full on I mean, I'm used to taking daily supplements but these ones are not easy going!
    Also decided that this lower back pain is here for the remainder of this pregnancy, no one has been able to fix it & a massage therapist I saw recently kinda just said that 'oh yes your hips are tight so I worked on them to loosen them up, but not too much, just in case' which sounds to me like everyone is scared to break a pregnant lady which is fair enough but I'm impatient and just want to be pain free again!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee