Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Just booked a prenatal massage for next week. I need it right now lol!!

2. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

Just had my 32 week appointment. Everything looks good and baby is still head down. Moving on to appointments every two weeks!

3. honey786

grape / 81 posts

I just went to a chiro who specializes in pregnant mamas. OMG, her hands were of an angel. She did some muscle work and I got to lay on my stomach on her special table! I highly recommend you seek this out in your area! She adjusted my hips, back and neck - all so gently and talked me through everything as she did it. She even massaged my round ligaments, which one side (right) was worse than the other (because baby hangs on that side). She gave me tips for easy exercises or positions to be aware of to help baby shift to the middle/left side before labor. Still lots of time to make changes!

I will also share that she said to pay attention to your belly button during the day, it is optimal if you are sitting up on your "sits bones" and letting the belly hang out versus sitting back and tucking pelvis. So your belly button should be pointing out or down, rather than up and back. Anyone else experience chiro during their pregnancy?

4. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@winniebee: That sounds amazing. I have one booked for when school is out in two weeks.

@Calibee: Great news!!! Eeeek! It starts to go so fast once the appointments are every two weeks.

@honey786: That's really interesting about the belly button. I am definitely more comfortable when I'm sitting as she described, with it angled more down and out. Good to know!

I had my 32 week growth scan with everything looking great. I'm scheduled for one more at 36 weeks and weekly NSTs plus weekly OB visits. I certainly feel like I live at the doctor's office at this point. Totally worth it and hard to believe it will be over in just a few weeks.

5. winniebee

@honey786: ooh glad it helped!

@JennyG: Glad all is looking well! I've got growth scans every other week as well....for now....so def feel like I am at the doctor at ton!!

6. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@honey786: glad it helped!!

@winniebee: DH got me a massage for Mother's Day, so now I need to schedule it.

7. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@honey786: Ooh I've never been to a chiropractor but have definitely been considering it. I've had some pretty terrible sciatic nerve pain. A few weeks ago it was so debilitating that I could barely move. I was hoping a chiropractor may be able to help.

8. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@honey786: I can't sit how you described. Haha. I must recline and same for when I'm sleeping because I sleep sitting up 50% of the time. I'm going to go see a chiro in two weeks to discuss proper pelvic alignment and baby positioning and see if they can help with that to try and give me a better chance of a vbac. They'll probably tell me to sit that way. Ha! I sit on an exercise ball to eat meals at the table and that's usually comfy or I stand at the counter and eat my breakfast there.

My midwife suggested the chriopractor. Otherwise I don't need to see someone because I'm not in pain. I was fine last pregnancy too even up to 42 weeks. I think my body just knows how to grow babies but not get them out.

9. honey786

grape / 81 posts

@Mrs. Goose: It's hard! I think we default to reclining. Another thing she suggested was spending time on all fours -or resting your upper body on a yoga ball and letting your belly hang. I tried it last night and it was actually really relaxing.

10. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@honey786: I'm going to have to try that yoga ball thing. I find it uncomfortable to be on all fours and also to lie down. I don't know if that's due to baby being transverse though.

ETA: working on sitting up straighter on the couch. I know that's important! So thanks for saying what your chiro said.

Off to the midwife later today. Hopefully it's a good appointment.

11. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@honey786: @Mrs. Goose: I've been finding it comfortable to sit down, open my legs and lean forward, with my belly sort of going between my thighs. SO UNLADYLIKE!!! But gives my back a nice little stretch while I'm at it. So far I only do this with no one else around!

12. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Calibee: that sounds kind of good!

I definitely never sit with legs together anymore. My brother asked me if I could move my leg at a family dinner two weeks ago and I said "umm no, not really, it's uncomfortable". Midwife said baby is likely head down which was a nice surprise. I'm caring for a sick toddler (has been since Mother's Day) and it's wearing on my body and breaking up my sleep. She's miserable most of the day.

13. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

So I had my 30 week appt yesterday. Weight went up 4lbs (?!?!), but belly was measuring 28-29 weeks. Also, she first thought the baby was transverse, but then found the baby head down and I just have a big pocket of fluid up top.

14. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. J: maybe you have some fluid retention already. My belly is measuring the same despite her measuring me two weeks ago and saying it was measuring 30 weeks.

I feel like every once in a while there can be a quick weight bump due to baby growth or fluid retention or I guess weight gain. Haha. Last pregnancy I embarrassingly gained 10 in 4 weeks a few times I think. Sigh. No gd either time. I can just gain weight like a champ if I want to.

Yay for head down! All my baby's limbs are crunched up so she just felt a bunch of knees and elbows all in the same spot.

15. honey786

grape / 81 posts

@Calibee: haha! I am with ya. I try to cross my legs at work sometimes - that is getting tough!

Is anyone else doing Epsom salt baths? I think they are my new favorite thing. I have only done it twice but I feel like it helps keep the swelling down. Plus its so relaxing before bed!

I am the matron of honor in my best friend's wedding next weekend so I am doing my best to not be so swollen. But I will also be 35 weeks, so whatever happens!

16. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Curious: for those of you who know the sex (or don't know!) what has the baby's heart rate been lately?? I know it's an old wives' tale, but I have no clue what we are having, so it's fun to speculate. Baby's heart rate was 160 yesterday. Also did the ring test this morning, and it said girl.

17. honey786

grape / 81 posts

@Mrs. J: My girl has had a consistent heart rate in the 150s. I have heard that heart rates can vary, but I haven't heard of a ring test being wrong! :O It is fun to speculate. Three strangers in a row all thought I was having a boy, so I finally asked the third one why she said that. Apparently her opinion was that I was only carrying in the front and not wide. I told her I guess I'll take that as a compliment? haha

18. winniebee

@Mrs. J: My ring tests said girl for this baby...nope! I think his heart rate has been in 140s mostly, but I forget! Selfishly I want you to be a 3 boy mom like me, but I have a feeling you're having a girl Also, I'm just blimping out lately. I'm almost 34 weeks and have gained around 25 lbs....and I'm 5'2 and usually 110 lbs...so 25 lbs shows big time! Cellulite on my arms and all over my legs too. I don't watch what I eat AT ALL and I did give up walking due to contractions, but I still average 10K steps on my fitbit every day from just chasing the kids around. My face isn't too chubby yet though haha!

19. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. J: At my 32 week appt this week, baby boy had a heart rate in the high 150s. And the ring test said this would be another girl - nope! I totally admire your patience in waiting to find out!!

20. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@honey786: People always think they can tell what you're having based on how you're carrying - it's kind of funny! But I think it's interesting to see what people think.

Once in the same grocery shopping trip someone told me I was having a boy because I was carrying high and another said girl because I was carrying low (or maybe I have those reversed...). I thought it was funny - baby definitely didn't drop during those 15 minutes, so I'm pretty sure I looked the same!

21. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. J: yesterday baby was 150 and then went down to 140. My daughter was always in the 150s and I thought she was a boy my whole pregnancy. Haha. I don't put a lot of stock in heart rates for boys/girls.

I think this one is a boy! But just because I have a really strong feeling.

How do you do the ring test?

22. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Goose: you put your ring on a chain and dangle it over your belly. If it goes in circles, it's a girl, and if it goes side to side, it's a boy.

23. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: I'm just assuming this is a third boy lol

24. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Calibee: Last pregnancy I went to get takeout with a friend and the lady said "it looks like a boy because you're carrying..." and then right after she said "or it could be a girl".

Obviously lady. obviously. lol

@Mrs.J: going to try that tomorrow! I napped today and now it's midnight and I don't feel tired yet..this will bite me tomorrow with my sick kid.

25. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Goose: oh I put very little stock in any old wives' tales. Based on her heartbeat, the doc thought my sister was a girl until her ear came out ha

26. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. J: should do the baking soda pee test and start tallying results! :). My friends husband said he didn't want her to do it with their pregnancy because it is supposedly so accurate.

27. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: I just had a massage on Saturday and it was amazing!! I could have gladly stayed on that table all afternoon! It was definitely something Id recommend! Enjoy

@honey786: one of my good friends is a chiropractor and I saw her for my last Pregnancy and now too! It's also something I think is worth doing just to relax the body and muscles a bit more. And also prepare it for delivery! I also said her after and she had a look to see if my hips had repositioned well and she also looked at my son to see that he hadn't dislocated a shoulder or something during birth! Im planning on doing it again after this delivery

28. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Mrs. Goose: what's that test? I've never heard of it?

I did the ring test before finding out and I thought it said girl...also looked at the heart rate..again thought it a girl..so yeah totally wrong cause baby is a boy! Kind of wondering if I didn't just see what I'd wanted to see!

29. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

Had my 32 week appointment and all is good! Baby boy is head down and already weighs 2kg! No idea how much when converted! But she said he's probably going to be as big as his brother!
    And we still don't have a name!

30. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

You guys are making me jealous - a massage sounds amazing. I may try and find an appt somewhere this week.

Question- has anyone else experienced third trimester nausea? I didn't have any morning sickness in the first tri with any of my kids, but for the last week I've had on/off nausea. I even threw up twice this morning! Any tips? I'm 34 weeks today so I feel like the end is both very near and still so far!

31. honey786

grape / 81 posts

Hi ladies, can someone tell me what is so magical about the hospital receiving blankets versus aden & anais or others you can buy? I was asking my sister what essentials I should be buying to have at home the first day/week, etc. I feel like I got a lot of great stuff as gifts but I am more concerned with the basics to have what I need on day one. (Also welcoming advice on what basics I should have).

She is not the first one that said take as much as you can from hospital because they give you what you'll need (such as peri bottle, mesh undies, pads, etc...) But she was super excited about telling me that the receiving blankets there are the best and like no other. Did you also find this true? Is there an alternative you can say also works great that I can buy? Is it weird that I just think they are ugly and remind me too much of the hospital?

32. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@honey786: personally, we loved the Aden and Anais blankets. After using them for swaddling, my eldest son used them as his lovey. Both boys sleep with theirs. I also used them as nursing covers and to cover the car seat since they are so light and breathable.

33. honey786

grape / 81 posts

@purplelilac: Randomly here and there I have been getting nauseous. Yesterday I drank a full glass of water in the morning and threw it up like 5 min later. Seriously, water!? Plus, I thought I was over that phase. I ate some saltines and a banana and have felt fine since. No tips, but I've heard it can come back for people (and never leave for some people)! I hope you feel better.

34. winniebee

@honey786: The hospital blankets are great and we did take some but the A&A blankets are bigger and thin - great for summer. That said, I never was any good at swaddling. I prefer the velcro swaddles!

35. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@honey786: I totally agree with your sister that you should raid the hospital room. Your nurse will most likely help you do this! Take home all the pads, mesh undies (not glamorous but honestly perfect for their intended purpose), Vaseline tubes (in theory it's to put on baby's tush, but we took several and put them in our travel bags for like a year post-baby), etc. that you can. Also the baby hats! They're so perfect and stretchy and fit better in those first few weeks than anything I had purchased.

We took one blanket home with us for sentimental reasons but agree that the A&A blankets are the best. I suggest splurging on the legit A&A blankets - not the Aden by A&A. The originals are bigger and softer. You'll use them longer. My two year old loves sleeping with two of her former A&A swaddle blankets.

36. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

Another one who agrees to raid the hospital rooms. I can't remember anything being all that great about their blankets though... but I do know that that was the one thing they wouldn't let me take (should've hid it better ). For some reason they had no problem offering me extras of anything I wanted but when they saw I had a blanket in her carseat they stopped me from taking it. Weird. I do know their nose aspirators and nipple shields were awesome and I regret not taking more of those.

I had my 34 week appointment today (34w 3d) and they still have me measuring 2 weeks ahead. I know that doesn't mean anything necessarily, but I am kind of nervous this boy is going to be huge. My most recent nephew was 10lbs.. I mentioned to them that I've had a ton of watery CM lately and they wanted to test to make sure that I wasn't leaking amniotic fluid. Everything tested fine but it did make me a bit nervous. I'm definitely over being pregnant but I wouldn't want him to come this early. It wasn't a big scare or anything but it did kind of give us a wake up call that we're approaching the end here and we need to get his car seat set up and oh yeah...think of a NAME! lol.

37. honey786

grape / 81 posts

@BeatlesFan629: We have the same due date. I also got kind of a kick in the pants this weekend to get things in order because all of a sudden it is feeling close! We have an idea on names, but not finalized. I really want to wait until I see her to decide, I just hope the husband and I agree on the name!

38. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@mamainthesun: you put baking soda in a cup and pee on it. If it fizzes it's boy and if it doesn't then it's a girl supposedly.

39. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@honey786: We've kind of decided to wait until we see him before deciding on a name too but I also am worried we won't agree on anything when the time comes. We're both pretty set on what we like (and don't like) and we haven't really been able to get on the same page so far.

40. winniebee

@BeatlesFan629: I feel like I'm leaking something all the time....super gross but it's just third trimester side effects! 34 weeks today also and we don't have a name either. A few front runners, I think, but definitely have not agreed on anything and we go round and round every time we talk about it!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee