Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Had growth scan today. Baby is doing well, measuring 5 lb 2 oz at 34 weeks. Huge for me!!

2. honey786

grape / 81 posts

@winniebee: Wow! I am not doing scans but going for my 34 week and we'll see what my stomach measures at. I am at the point where I don't understand how I can get any bigger.

3. winniebee

@honey786: I'm still measuring exactly on track! I know these estimates can be off but I'm happy they haven't identified a growth restriction yet, which is what I had with my son.

4. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: Sounds like a strong and healthy baby!

My daughter was 6lbs 7oz at birth but quickly dropped to the low 5lbs and took almost six weeks to regain birth weight. So while I'm not hoping for a *huge* baby, a slightly bigger baby would be a heck of a lot less scary this time!

5. winniebee

@Calibee: my other two kiddos were born 5.5 and 5.6 at 38 weeks and it was def a little stressful having a small for gestational age baby. They both went home from the hospital under 5 lb. i would be happy to have 6 lb baby this time.m around!

6. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

My baby was Godzilla to your babies! Haha. But she was to a lot of babies. But then she started being pretty skinny/lower percentile around 3/4 months and has stayed that way, go figure! I'm hoping for a smaller baby this time (8 pounds please!) with a more consistent weight gain, I'll take a chubby as they grow baby. Mine had no baby rolls.

7. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. Goose: Not sure where the tiny baby came from. I was a 9+ pounder! (Sorry, mom!)

8. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Calibee: haha! Sometimes genetics just go rogue.

9. winniebee

Do we have any c-section dates or induction dates scheduled yet?! I'll probably be induced by the end of June, but don't have a date yet (and hoping he comes on his own, anyways!)

July 2017 Mamas

Beatlesfan629: 7/1 (#2)
    Honey786: 7/1 (#1)
    Purplelilac: 7/1 (#3)
    Winniebee: 7/3 (#3)
    Just_Ju: 7/4 (#2)
    Jennyg: 7/7 (#3)
    Enjollah: 7/9 (#3)
    Mamainthesun: 7/10 (#2)
    Calibee: 7/11 (#2)
    Hawaiiangirl: 7/14 (#3)
    Makingbabyw: 7/15 (#1)
    Nutella: 7/20 (#2)
    Pixietstix: 7/22 (#2)
    Mrs.J: 7/27 (#3)
    Jaypegs: 7/27 (#2)
    Smores: 7/27 (#2)
    Odynsmom: 7/29 (#2)
    Mrs. Goose: 7/29 (#2)

10. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

My boys were 7lbs 6oz and 7lbs 11oz. I feel like this baby is smaller, but who knows.

Oh man, so many Braxton Hicks today! Made me nervous for this baby arriving crazy early

11. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Mrs. Goose: haha I'm inclined to try just to see!

12. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: @Calibee: sounds like healthy babies on the way! My son weighed (if conversion correct) 8,4lbs! This baby is already 4,4 lbs and apparently will be similar size to his brother! Big baby !

I'm starting to get excited that we're not far out! And feeling super heavy and enormous! Wishing it could happen sooner rather than later!

13. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

I don't know how much this little guy weighs but I keep being told he's on the "larger" side. Not sure how large they're talking but we'll see. I'm hoping this means he decides to come a bit earlier than his due date (which would make him a June baby). My daughter was a week late and I had to be induced so I'm hoping to not have to go through that this time around. We'll see though.

@mamainthesun: I'm also feeling really excited (and heavy and enormous)! It's crazy how fast this is approaching. I can't believe it's already the end of May!

14. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

I'm having a bit of a hard time being due at the end of the month; it feels like time is going the slowest it has ever gone! I was due at the beginning of the month last time, but then ended up having her at the end of the month anyway.

Haven't had any bhs in this pregnancy or my last which makes me feel like my body just won't go into labour by itself. Unless I just don't know what they feel like, but I pay attention to my body and the baby a lot of the day so I think I'd notice them.

I'm excited for everyone to meet their babies though. Hope everyone is feeling mostly good!

15. winniebee

@Mrs. Goose: ah I know. I was at the end of my birth months the last two times and it sucked. And b/c this baby will likely be born end of June I've been lurking there too....and I'm WAY behind everyone else there!! I also found that the 28-32 time frame went super slow for me....since then it's gone really quickly!!

16. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Goose: the end of July seems so far away compared to the beginning! My second was due/born at the beginning of the month and my eldest was due at the beginning but born in the middle.

17. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@Mrs. Goose: I didn't have any BH with my daughter and ended up having to be induced. With this one, I've been having BH pretty consistently the past two weeks (I'll be 35w tomorrow) but didn't really have any before that. So there's a chance you'll still get them..? I hope (like you mentioned) this is a sign that I may go into labor by myself, but I'm still trying to mentally prepare that I'll have to be induced again.

18. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@winniebee: @Mrs. J: thanks for the pregnant support!

@BeatlesFan629: oh, that makes me feel hopeful maybe I'll still get them! I'm only just coming up on 31 weeks.

19. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Goose: I'm just 31 weeks today, so you could totally get them, but I don't think they're necessary for labor!!

20. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. Goose: Not a single bh contraction my entire first pregnancy. Went into labor out of nowhere at 38 weeks. There is definitely hope!

21. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. J: @Calibee: nuts, I was hoping maybe that would be my sign this time that my body was going to get its act together! But I guess it's good too that they may not mean anything.

22. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Mrs. Goose: I didn't have any Bh for baby one, and didn't feel anything particular till the big day! And this time feeling slight pains in pelvic area but nothing I would qualify as a contraction...I feel like an idiot when the doc asks if I've had contractions yet cause I just don't know!

23. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

Does anyone have a baby wrap to recommend?

I have a Boba 4G SSC, but I think a wrap would be nice for when baby is particularly small.

My friend has a beautiful floral print boba wrap, but it looks like they don't make it anymore. And I would kind of like something pretty, not just functional!

24. winniebee

@Calibee: I have the Ktan for really early days and liked it.

25. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Calibee: I had a ktan with my first, and then I got a silly wrap with my second and I liked it better. I also have an ergo, a woven wrap, and a ring sling. They all have their benefits/purposes. The only one I am not in love with is the ring sling.

26. winniebee

@Mrs. J: tell me more about the solly! I have Ergo, Ktan and a bjorn. Do you think it would be hot for summer?

27. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: the solly was perfect for summer! It's much more breathable than the ktan for sure. It's a lightweight, soft modal fabric. You still pre-tie it, which is easy with a newborn

28. winniebee

@Mrs. J: which fabric do you have?

29. honey786

grape / 81 posts

I also have the boba, but it feels like it will be really hot in summer! Is the solly lighter fabric? They have some cute patterns!

30. Makingbabyw

grape / 82 posts

We are doing a Tula free to grow- it fits infants to toddlers. This will be our first (rainbow!) baby but I've done a lot of research and found a lot of great things about them. We also have a ring sling as well for when she is tiny too

31. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. J: Ooh these look great for the summer! I was a little worried about a wrap being so hot. My boba structured carrier can get pretty hot, so I wasn't the biggest fan of using it in the summer.

32. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: I have this mint color, but it's from 2015, so they have different colors now. I think all of the fabric is the same.

33. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. J: I would love this colour. I think my husband would be super cranky if I buy one. Haha.

I have a ring sling and a Tula.

Went to the midwife today and baby is head down and I'm measuring more on track at 31.5 so I don't know what was up with my previous wonky measurements. Met an ob at the hospital and he said I was good to try for a vbac and was very positive so I was surprised and happy.

34. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. J: That's really pretty!!

Do you happen to know if these are sold in stores? Google makes it seem like you can only buy on the solly website.

35. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. Goose: Sounds like a very good appointment!!

36. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

I had my 32 week appt today. Still measuring 2 weeks behind, but I have grown and the baby is moving well, so the midwife wasn't concerned. Baby is head down and facing the right way, so that's good! I've gained 21lbs, so she told me I could gain some more over the next few weeks haha

37. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Calibee: I purchased mine online, but there was a store or two local to me that carried them.

38. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

39. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Let's do a check in!

How many weeks are you: 32
    Due date: 7/27
    Baby's gender: team green
    Symptoms you're dealing with now: heartburn and my sciatic nerve is bugging me
    Innie or outtie: my turkey timer popped!
    Rings on or off: On
    Lately I've been craving: mostly sweets
    Stretch marks: nope! Not yet.
    Braxton Hicks: yes yes!
    Hospital bag packed: Nope. In denial!
    Baby's room: we've moved DS2 over, but he still
    Naps in the nursery.
    Baby shower: nope! 3rd baby
    How is DH/DW/Partner doing: eager to meet baby! Very behind on projects though
    Most excited about: finally meeting this baby
    Most nervous/worried about: three under four!!! Eeeeek
    Any birth plan specifics (RCS, med free, VBAC etc..): Hoping for repeat med free vaginal delivery. Want to labor in tub again.

40. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Calibee: we were surprised because I had just heard from someone else that a different ob at the hospital was extremely negative (it was the ob who did my first surgery who I didn't bother making an appointment to see because I already knew his opinion). This guy basically said "you do you". Lol.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee