Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2018 moms

1. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@ElbieKay: yes, the Panorama by natera.
    Congrats on the twins, too! Mine are di-di and they said 38 weeks.

I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and it's already quite obvious that I'm pregnant. With my daughter I took SOOOOO long to show because I'm tall, but this is way different. If you see your parents a lot it may be hard to hide it, haha

2. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@elljay: Congrats on your boy!
    @oldschooolmama: sorry you’re dealing with anxiety. Hoping the second trimester helps alleviate that!
    @laurabear: glad it’s going well! Our NT scan is only a few days after yours. It’s coming up!
    @Elbiekay: Congrats on your twins! What a fun surprise!

My doctor called today with healthy results from NIPT. I am so relieved. Due to our recent miscarriage I’ve spent the last 8 weeks (since finding out I was pregnant) in total fear, but I’m finally allowing myself to get excited. Feeling very lucky!

3. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@LaughLines: thanks! Do you know what the difference is between using Panorama vs Harmony? Is one better than the other?

Unfortunately my parents watch my son twice per week. Maybe I will try to let my husband relieve them during the last week or two before I tell them. I can always make evening plans or work late.

Are yours identical or fraternal?

@ChiCalGoBee: thank together!

4. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@ElbieKay: no I don't know what the harmony test is.. but if your Dr said it would work for twins then I'm sure it's similar. Ours are fraternal, we did ivf and transferred two embryos.

@ChiCalGoBee: I'm not super familiar with the NT scan, isn't that to look for downs? Doesn't your normal blood test already indicate that the baby probably doesn't have downs?

5. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@LaughLines: NIPT stands for "non invasive prenatal test". It is a generic term for the Harmony / Panorama / MaterniT21 blood tests that can screen for three of the trisomy disorders (13, 18 and 21). It can also predict gender for singletons and in some cases for twins. The test provides odds (e.g., 1 in 1,000) of your baby(s) having any of those conditions. They usually do the blood draw around 10-11 weeks, and it takes 1-2 weeks to get the results back.

The NT scan and quad screen are an ultrasound + blood draw that can provide a similar analysis. It can look for Down markers such as a thicker-than-typical nuchal fold in the baby's neck. That combined with blood work provides additional screening information about your baby's health. The NT/quad test is usually performed at around 11-12 weeks. With my son they told me the nuchal measurement during the ultrasound appointment and then I got the bloodwork results later.

It is common to perform both tests, especially if you have a high risk pregnancy. Many insurance companies cover them once Mom is AMA (over 35).

6. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@LaughLines: I think @ElbieKay: gave way better info than I could! I was told that the combination of the two (NIPT plus NT) give you the best possible information. Also, my first two ultrasounds were very unofficial quick checks with a B-scan (not an ultrasound machine). This is my first official ultrasound of the pregnancy done at our hospital on the high-tech equipment that will take all of the necessary measurements that the B-scan really doesn’t have the capacity to take. The state of California is very big on NT scans so we do them often here, but I know they’re less common other places. When do you get your blood results on the twins? Very exciting!

7. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@ElbieKay: welcome and congrats on the twins! How exciting!

We did the NT scan with blood test a couple weeks ago but still haven’t gotten the results of the blood draw. Maybe my midwife is just saving the results for when I next see her. The NT part was clear, though. Fingers crossed everything else is fine!

We finally have told all our immediate family. My husband’s family lives in England so we couldn’t tell them in person. But we did a FaceTime call with them when they were all together opening Christmas presents, and we showed them the sonogram as one of the gifts. My MIL was SO excited, she started crying right away and was speechless. It was great!
    We did Christmas with my family yesterday. I had my daughter open a present that was a T-shirt that says “best big sis”. Everyone was very happy though not very surprised. I guess the timing is pretty expected.
    It’s definitely nice to have everyone know and be able to relax about it.
    Hope everyone else’s reveals have been fun!

8. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

what is on everyone's to-do list while pregnant?

We're keeping our nursery basically the same (except adding a second crib, mobile and art above the 2 cribs). We need to paint/buy furniture/decorate my daughters big girl room. I need to figure out what we need 2 of for the twins and buy some more gear. I also want to build in some cubbies/locker type things in the laundry room for hanging coats/catching shoes, etc, but that doesn't need to be done before the babies come. The list seems a lot shorter than with my daughter (we were in the middle of renovating our house) but my goal is to do it all during second trimester so i'm not trying to do stuff when i'm so huge.

9. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@saboma: thank you!

@LaughLines: We need to put a wall up in our L-shaped living room to create a third bedroom. (We were going to try to keep the baby in our master bedroom for awhile and then move him/her into our son's room, but with two babies that will be impossible.)

We are trying to figure out if we need a bigger car, or if we can get away with our sedan for awhile. FYI I found the Car Seat Lady's Family Vehicle Buying Guide to be very helpful.

Here is a list of Four of the Narrowest Infant Seats for 3-Across Car Seat Installations. I still need to find a narrow booster seat for my son.

We also need a double stroller solution. The Lucie's List of Best Double Strollers was helpful for that. It convinced me to get a side-by-side, and it also helped me learn that many double strollers can only accommodate a single infant seat. We will need ours to accommodate two of them.

10. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@ElbieKay: welcome and congrats!
    @LaughLines: our big to-do is trying to sell our house and buying a new one. Oh, and potty training my 2yo and transitioning to a toddler bed...I might be more stressed about that than about the house thing!

11. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@LaughLines: We're debating trying to get our basement finished at some point, since we're in a 3 bedroom house and the third bedroom is a tiny office right now. If we finished the basement, we could move the office downstairs and the new baby could have the tiny bedroom. Our daughter sleeps really well at night now and I'm loathe to risk messing that up by having her share her room.

Also, trying to figure out which things I will actually need two of, and what I can get away with skipping! We really don't want to get another crib, so we're thinking of putting our daughter into a floor bed a month or two before baby arrives. Ditto with a double stroller... I'm hoping we can get by without one by either baby-wearing the littler one or using an umbrella stroller or backpack carrier the older one. Would love to hear recommendations/experience from anyone who has dealt with this with a smaller age gap! Our daughter will be 21 months when the new little one shows up.

12. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@LaughLines: We need to move my son to another bedroom down the hall (the nursery shares a wall with our bedroom so will remain a nursery), and combine our guest bedroom and office into one. I’m shooting to do all of this in the spring. In the tiny chance this baby is a girl I might want to repaint the nursery, but probably not. Oh, and we need a new infant car seat.

Is anyone interested in a private Facebook group for July 2018 HB moms? If so I’m happy to set it up and send out invites.

13. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@elljay: ugh I'm not looking forward to the bed transition. My daughter rarely naps now and once she's able to get out of bed and play with toys she may never again

@ChiCalGoBee: I'd love that. My due date group from when my daughter was born has a Facebook group and we still talk every day. It's so nice having people that are going through similar experiences at the same time

14. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@ElbieKay: we already bought a van so I'll have plenty of space for seats. My husband's car is smaller but we will only use it rarely so I'm not concerned. We have the diono radan rxt seat for my daughter and it's super slim. For strollers we have the Britax b-ready which can be an in-line double, and a twin mom in gymnastics class with us offered to sell me her joovy stroller frame thing. With my daughter I used the carrier way more than a stroller so I'm hoping not to have to get anything else. Maybe one in a carrier and one in the car seat for grocery shopping, etc.

Do you know what you're going to have them sleep in in your bedroom? There's not a lot of twin bassinet options

15. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@LaughLines: I created the Facebook group! It’s set to “Secret”so I have to invite you each individually. Feel free to leave the email you’d like me to add on my wall-I’ll try to add quickly so you can delete your email if you want. Hoping to have lots of you join!

16. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: Ok i just posted on your wall!

I really love facebook groups for these.. it's easier to see people's posts when they actually post them even if you're not tagged in it, and it also makes threads about topics easier. I hope everyone joins so we can have our little July mama community!

17. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: I love the idea of a Facebook group! I’ll post my email on your wall - thanks for coordinating!

18. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: just sent you my email. Thanks for setting it up!
    So would we stop using this board all together? Or still use both?

19. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@LaughLines: @elljay: @saboma: Added all of you!

@saboma: I think people tend to use both but I was only in a due date Facebook group for a short time and then had a miscarriage so I’m not sure? Obviously we can share more personal info there in a private group so I know that’s a pro. And like @LaughLines: it’s easier to follow along.

20. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: I never got a notification on facebook that i was added... i can't see the group. i'm going to write on your wall again

21. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@saboma: in my other group we used both for a while until everyone was involved in the facebook group. and now over 3 years after ours started we still use it multiple times a day. I wouldn't even know how to find the hellobee post anymore

22. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@LaughLines: I was thinking about just getting a dual bassinet pack and play for my bedroom for the first several months. That way it is also portable to other rooms.

I had some nursing challenges with my son and wound up nursing him during the day and pumping at night for several weeks. My husband slept in the baby's room and bottle fed him when he woke up.

I remember feeling guilty about enjoying the break from the baby and getting to sleep with my cats instead!

I have no idea if we will need to do something similar with these two. I am trying to let go of my pre-conceived expectations about pregnancy and postpartum time because of the high risk nature of my pregnancy and the challenges of parenting two babies at the same time. If I manage to have a complication-free pregnancy and two healthy fully-baked nuggets then I will probably be willing to compromise on a lot of other details!

23. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: I posted on your wall! Thanks for setting this up!

Good news my panorama results came back, my nugget is perfect! Came out low risk AND I’ll be having a Nugget will be the first grandson on my in law’s side so I know they will be over the moon.

24. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@chypmunk: Amazing news that Harmony was good results! Congratulations on your ! My son is incredible. I know you'll have so much fun.

25. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

I’m so bad at keeping up with this board. I always forget to check it. I’ll try to catch up later.

We had our first trimester screening ultrasound yesterday. Everything looked good, although my bean was very chill and not moving a ton. Baby measured a few days ahead though. He or she wiggled a little bit, but that was all. Hopefully the blood tests are normal. This is what I failed when I was pregnant with my son.

26. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@chypmunk: congrats on your baby boy!!
    @auggiefrog: glad you had a good US!

My screening US is next week. Nervously waiting until then.

27. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

I got my blood test back and it's a boy AND a girl! So excited! This is what my husband and daughter wanted so i'm really happy (surprisingly i had no preference, usually i'm the on with strong opinions on everything)

@ElbieKay: i read the dual bassinet pack and plays have pretty bad reviews. The bassinets have nothing to secure them in the middle - only on the outside - so they sag down toward the middle and the babies can roll. I think we're avoiding those and may get the "joovy room2 twin nursery center" - it's kind of like a pack and play. I'm not a big fan of buying another thing since we have two PNP's already, but i'm not finding a better option yet

@auggiefrog: it's hard to remember to check this! You should ask @ChiCalGoBee: to add you to the facebook group - much easier to keep up on there because you can get notifications

28. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@LaughLines: I was actually looking at that Joovy one but hadn't read many reviews yet. Thanks for your input -- it's helpful!

@ChiCalGoBee: Can you check your wall and add me to the FB group? Thanks.

29. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@LaughLines: exciting!! One of each sounds awesome

30. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@ElbieKay: I've now re-sent the invite via Facebook. Let me know if you got it!

31. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: it doesn't seem to be working. Not sure what to do. Maybe you can wall me the link to the group so I can request access? Then we can delete the wall post.

32. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@LaughLines: congrats that's so exciting!

33. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

I thought I was an August mama but just had my first ultrasound and turns out I’m a July mama!

EDD: 7/15/18

First child? Second, DS is 15 months

Any symptoms? Not really...grateful for that now that I know everything is fine!

Who have you told? DH and a few friends, time to start telling more people now that I’m almost 14 weeks instead of the 10 I thought I was!

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Dealing with a 21 month age gap and avoiding the severe baby blues/possible PPD I had last time

34. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Kitkat: Welcome! What a surprise for you and your husband! I'm in SoCal-where in California are you located? We have a private Facebook group for July 2018 mamas-feel free to DM me your email address associated with FB and I'll send you an invite

35. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@Kitkat: Welcome! We'll be dealing with a 21 month age gap as well. I'm a little terrified, but a friend of mine with the same gap tells me although it's rough for the first bit, she absolutely loves it now that her kids are older

36. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: yes, huge surprise! We’re in northern CA outside of Sacramento. I’ll put my email on your wall

@cnidaria: We were in the October 2016 group together, right? I’ve heard the same about the age gap...challenging, but fun!

37. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@Kitkat: welcome! What a great surprise!

I had major, long-lasting PPD with my DD too, and am doing everything I can to avoid it this time around. It was such a hard time, and made the beginning of parenthood not at all enjoyable. Really hope things are different this time around, and for you too!

38. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@Kitkat: welcome! Glad to have you here.

Had my first tri screening US today. Everything looked good! So happy

39. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

Got my Panorama blood draw last night so the waiting begins.

Also got my first bout of morning sickness -- in five pregnancies! -- about 12 hours ago.

I am supposed to travel today. A bus, a subway, and a 1.5 hr Acela ride. I am the senior person running an important client meeting.

I am supposed to leave the house in 19 minutes and have no idea if I should try to go or cancel. Five other people are attending.

40. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@ElbieKay: is it something that they can continue without you? If it is, I would take a sick day and ask your OB for some zofran to have at home in case you get sick again. It usually works great for nausea. Try eating some salty crackers, sometimes that helps. I always get nauseous on an empty stomach.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee