Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2018 moms

1. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@saboma: I'm in the same boat as you... I'm just feeling a tad bit nervous, I have my official visit on Tuesday, which would put me at 9 and 3 days... and Im soooooo nervous.... I purposely put off the appointment later than last time because I didn't want to repeat what happened last time... which was that I arrived at the visit, everything was ok.. there was a heartbeat but I was measuring a week and a half behind.... and then later that next week there was no heartbeat. I think that experience still has got me through a loop... I did manage to get another sneak peak on Monday and everything was great, growing to size, beautiful heartbeat... but I'm still scared...which is probably why I've been ghost from HB for about a week....

2. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@saboma: I hope everything's okay hon. The first trimester is such a freaking mind trip! I can't wait to be far enough along where I don't have to worry as much. Try to focus on yourself this weekend. Pamper yourself and I hope your appointment goes well.

It's great to see everyone's updates! I had my first official appointment this week. My OB is the best! She brought in the bedside ultrasound machine and we checked on the babe. He or she was still hanging out and had a good heartbeat. She said with my history, I could decide when I wanted to come in next. I decided 3 weeks was good enough. With Christmas, I'll have a lot of distractions. My OB goes on maternity leave early January, but is only taking 6 weeks off. Poor girl! And I'm going to schedule my first trimester screening on Monday.
    I was forcing myself to wait until 10 weeks to try my fetal doppler, but I was feeling a little down the past few days and decided to try it (I was 9 weeks yesterday). I tried a few times yesterday with no luck, but was able to find it today. It is such a relief! My last pregnancy I never found it, and I'm around the point where I think that one started failing. So it was so good to hear it.

3. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

I’m bowing out, ladies. Today was my first ultrasound and the baby measured a week behind but had no heartbeat. Send love and good vibes to you all!

4. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@Shantuck: I’m so sorry

5. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Shantuck: I'm sorry hon. Take care.

6. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@Shantuck: Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself

7. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@Shantuck: I'm so sorry

8. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@Shantuck: so sorry to hear that. Take good care of yourself!!

9. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@elljay @chicalgobee @chypmunk @auggiefrog: thank you all for your kind words. I had a really busy weekend and pampered myself, which helped distract me. But now that it’s monday and DH is back at work, and my appointment is only 24 hours away, I’m a complete wreck. Definitely feeling worse and worse about this each day. I’ll update tomorrow after I see the midwife but I’m preparing myself for bad news.

10. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@Shantuck: oh I'm so sorry.

11. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@LittleGBee: I don't think I ever saw an update after your first appointment. How are you doing?

12. TLL

pea / 10 posts

@Shantuck: Oh, no! I'm sorry. We'll be thinking of you.

13. Mrs. D

pear / 1852 posts

Hey everyone, I've been a bit absent. Had my first preliminary appt with my doctor a week ago. Here in NS Canada, you don't have many ultrasounds. If you are a normal pregnancy with low risk you get only one around 20 weeks.

Our discussion centered around what comes next for me. I am 38 years old, so I am considered higher risk. At my next appointment on Jan 5th, we will use the doppler to hear the heartbeat and take blood tests. Based on the results of those blood tests we decided if we need further testing. It's scary, but not unexpected.

After my appointment, we told our 5-year-old about the baby. It's been hard to keep it secret from her, plus she's been very worried about me as I have lots of nausea and keep falling asleep before her during the bedtime story, lol. She was getting worried about me, and now she knows why so shes less worried.

14. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

An update: saw the midwife today, and she wasn’t able to find the heartbeat with the Doppler (she wasn’t surprised given how early I am and that I have a retro uterus). But she heard my concerns and scheduled me for an US this afternoon. Well, I am happy to say that everything is fine! We saw a strong heartbeat and baby was moving around like crazy. Measuring one week ahead at 11w2d, so my due date is now July 1.
    I’m so relieved. And feel so silly for having put myself and DH through so much anxiety the last couple weeks.

15. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@saboma: yay!! So happy that everything is good!!

I had my first official visit today as well and am happy to report everything looks great! Measuring to date I’m currently 9 weeks 3 days and it’s a very active little one too! My due date is still standing at July 14th

16. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@chypmunk: lurking to see how your appointment went as I was thinking about you. So happy to read the good news!!!!!

17. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@saboma: Congratulations on an awesome first appointment!
    @chypmunk: Wonderful news! What a relief! I hope you're celebrating tonight!
    @Mrs. D: Hooray for a good first visit!

18. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@Mrs. D: @saboma: @chypmunk: yay! So happy to hear about all these good appointments!

Anyone formulating any announcement plans? I'll be 12wks on Christmas Day, which originally seemed like a fun time to announce (plus we'll be with a lot of family). But my NT scan isn't until the 26th, and I think I'll feel better if we wait until after that to share broadly. Also, this is the first year that my son really "gets" Christmas and he's super excited for it, so I kind of want to just focus on him.

ETA: we tend to be super conservative about announcing only because I get very anxious. I hope lots of people in this group have fun holiday/Christmas announcements planned!

19. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

Had a good ultrasound. Measured 7 weeks 4 days which is a bit ahead of when I thought!

20. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@saboma: @chypmunk: @Mrs. Champagne: yay for good ultrasounds!

@elljay: we were thinking of making the announcement at my daughter's bday party which we'll be celebrating on Jan 6th. Maybe by opening one of her presents and have it be an "I'm gonna be a big sister" shirt. But I'm also wondering if we should keep the focus on her since it's her birthday. Christmas sounds like a good time

21. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: Congratulations!!! What wonderful news! Fingers are crossed for you!

22. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@elljay: We're kind of in the same boat. I'll only be 10.5 weeks at Christmas (fingers crossed). I'll have had a second ultrasound by then so we might start telling more adult family members, but we're holding off on telling our son until the NT scan at 13 weeks I think (He's 3). He will be really excited and won't be able to keep it to himself so I want to wait until we are done with the first trimester to tell him!

23. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

so far so good, I told the in laws yesterday, excitement all around... even though I'm starting to get nervous again.... I'm hitting my next milestone... the family announcement... I held off until 10 weeks for the in laws, and now will be 11 weeks for the family at Christmas... Everything has been good so far, all my scans, measuring to date, VERY active wiggle monster on screen.... It's hard I guess.. after a loss to stay positive.... I keep telling myself.. It's a different pregnancy, a different baby stay positive.... Anyone feeling the nerves as well?

24. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@chypmunk: I am definitely feeling the nerves. I have my second ultrasound Friday and, like you, I'm totally anxious after a prior loss. Every single twinge makes me scared. Hoping to make it through to some good news Friday, and then 3 more weeks until our NT scan. Hang in there-I know how hard it is.

25. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@saboma: great news!
    @Mrs. D: You ladies that gave to wait until 20 weeks are so strong! Last time I did first trimester screening just to get the extra ultrasound. This time around, my OB let me get one at my last appointment, just to help relieve anxiety.
    @elljay: I’ll be 11 +2 on Christmas Eve. This is when we are planning to start spilling the beans to our families. I have a Doppler, and I’ve been finding the heartbeat. So I plan checking before we do. We took a picture of my son with a big brother book that we plan on framing and giving to our mothers to open in front of the rest of our families.
    @Mrs. Champagne: Hooray!
    @chypmunk: I’m just off of a loss as well. I try to be optimistic about this one, but it’s hard sometimes when you’ve lived what could happen. My scans have been good this time, and I’m pretty sure I’ve been finding the heartbeat on my Doppler.

26. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: congrats on a good ultrasound!
    @pmrlady: that sounds so fun! Maybe that can be the last present of the day?
    @ChiCalGoBee: that's great that you'll have the confidence of a second ultrasound before Christmas! I'm really waffling on the Christmas thing because it would be such a special time to tell people - I might change my mind and end up spilling the beans
    @chypmunk: glad everything's looking good, hope the family announcements go well and the nerves ease soon
    @auggiefrog: what a sweet idea, I bet your moms will love that!

27. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

Got my Harmony test results yesterday and everything came back normal! Anyone else getting this test done? I wasn't eligible with my last pregnancy, so it's all new to me.
    My doc's office has the sex results too, so trying to decide how we want to get them - we're not doing a gender reveal or anything, but we might do something special for just DH and me. We'll either get them in an envelope at our next appt (a week from today) or maybe just over the phone if we get impatient.

28. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

I'm waffling about the idea of a Christmas announcement as well... that'll be at about 10 weeks for me. I'll be seeing a lot of my extended family then and realistically, it's probably the only chance I would have to tell most of them in person since we usually only get together a couple of times per year. We saw a heartbeat at my dating u/s which was at 7+2, but I won't be seeing the midwife again until a couple of days after our Christmas get together, so no chance of hearing a heartbeat or anything before that.

No Harmony/Panorama/whatever testing for me, sounds like a nice screening test, but it's only covered for women over 40 here and it's pretty pricey. We did IPS last time and will probably do that again.

29. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

We did our twin announcement in our Christmas card, so the cat is definitely out of the bag for us. And we also bought a van, haha. Sometimes I get anxious and worry we jinxed something, but we've have 3 perfect ultrasounds and all my previous miscarriages were earlier.

I'll be 12 weeks Saturday

We're doing a brand new twin-specific blood test on the 27th that can tell gender and other genetic issues (regular blood tests don't work for twins because they can't tell whose blood it is). Should know both genders about a week after that

30. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@elljay: Thanks for your wishes! Think we are telling our son on Christmas 🤞. Congrats on great Harmony results! I had my blood drawn today so hoping for results right after the first of the year.

I very fortunately had a great 10-week appointment. Baby looked good with a steady 160 HB. I know I’m not out of the woods yet but I’m feeling really positive and hopeful. Thinking of you all and hopeful everyone is feeling good and positive over the holidays to come.

31. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

Well I'm definitely starting to get more symptoms. Heartburn, constipation, feeling hungry ALL the time....
    How is everyone else doing?
    Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!

32. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@pmrlady: I'm finally starting to NOT feel nauseous all the time and can actually eat some real food again. Really, really appreciating that! Merry Christmas to you, too

I know I had read somewhere to expect to show about a month earlier with a second pregnancy than I did the first time... but I still wasn't prepared for that in reality! Last time, I didn't even start to look at all thicker until 12 weeks but this time, at 9 weeks I already look like I did at 13 weeks. Kind of scared for how much I'm going to be showing by the time another month has gone by

33. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@pmrlady: merry Christmas to you too! Feeling really good now that the nausea is gone. Still tired all the time, but the holidays and family visiting probably have something to do with that...

@cnidaria: I’m definitely surprised by how big I am already, too! I’d read the same things you did but still can’t believe it. I’m same as you, looking about 3 weeks ahead of what I did last time. I’m 12 weeks today and look more like 4 months! Whatever, I love looking pregnant, that way people are more careful.

34. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@pmrlady: Merry Christmas! Sorry you're feeling crummy.
    @cnidaria: I'm in the same boat-I look far more pregnant now at 10 weeks that I did with #1 at, like, 15 weeks! The bloat was almost immediate with this pregnancy but the bump is here to stay already.
    @saboma: My nausea is better, too, but I am still needing a lot of extra naps. It's an exhausting time of year anyway!

35. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@cnidaria: I’m also showing way earlier than with my last pregnancy - I ended up busting out the maternity pants last week (at 11 weeks! 😬) because my regular jeans had gotten so uncomfortable.

Hope everyone’s Christmas/holiday announcements went well! We had our NT ultrasound yesterday - baby was looking good despite needing a lot of prodding to get into position. We also found out from the Harmony test that we’re having boy #2! I always thought I would have a girl so it’s a little sad (ETA since this is likely our last), but I’m super excited for brothers!

36. oldschooolmama

cherry / 114 posts

Hi everyone! I haven't been super active because I've been dealing with some prenatal depression/ anxiety. Prior to getting pregnant I dealt with anxiety so it isn't a huge surprise. Job searching while pregnant certainly doesn't help

I had a 13 week appointment yesterday and I was able to hear the heartbeat for the first time which was awesome. I was able to tell my family afterwards and everyone was really excited. My step-mom bawled she was so happy. She has been asking for grandkids since before we were even married.

I posted on social media and one person had to make their own status and make the announcement all about themselves. Ugh.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

37. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

Hi everyone! I’ve been chasing after my toddler and busy from work - man, I don’t remember the first trimester being so tiring last time! Finally got to see my gummy bear and hear the heart beat at 10 weeks last week. We’re doing the NT scab on 1/10 so hoping we get a good guess at the gender.

We went ahead and told my in laws and parents at Christmas but explained it’s still early, I’m not telling work yet, etc. Mother in law then proceeded to tell the whole extended family that night at dinner (who we only see on christmas). But oh well - it’s sweet that she’s so excited even though it’s #2.

38. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@oldschooolmama: sorry to hear you’ve been dealing with this! I’ve had some anxiety as well - trying to get a promotion at work that would allow us to buy a house before the new baby comes. Definitely worried that announcing my pregnancy will affect the promotion and if I don’t get this, I’ll have to start seriously looking for a new job. Ugh. Hope your job search is going ok!

39. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

Hi ladies! May I play? I found out three days ago that my pregnancy is twins!

EDD: Full term would be 8/9/18, but I have been told that with mono-di twins I can't go past 37 weeks. So 7/19/18.

First child? Nope, I have a 3.5yo. These will be #2 and #3.

Any symptoms? Sore boobs, strong hunger pangs every few hours. No morning sickness so far *fingers crossed*

Who have you told? A few very close friends and my sister. Waiting for the 12-week tests before telling our parents.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I have a lot of concerns about having a high risk pregnancy. There can be serious health complications with identical twins, and there is a much higher chance I will be stuck with a c-section and/or NICU time. I have no idea how long I will have to be out of work given this twist of a harder pregnancy and second infant. I am concerned about how my son will adjust. And we need to add a third bedroom to our apartment and buy a bigger car!

But I am super excited! Two babies! Crazy!

40. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@LaughLines: Congrats on your twins! Is the new test the Panorama test? I saw an Oct 2017 press release that it is now certified for twins. I saw an MFM yesterday, and he said the Harmony test works for twins as well. His office doesn't do Panorama though.

I would love any further information you have about this! Thanks.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee