Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@hocuspocus: I hate that!!! My mom was going around telling people I was so big she thinks I'm going to have a 10 lb. baby. When in all reality, likely not.

2. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Blood pressure isn't dropping and there is protein in my urine. Pre-E for me! They've decided to start an induction so apparently I'm going to be having a May baby! I'll try and keep everyone posted on the Labor and Delivery thread as we go!

3. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Good luck mama!!! You'll do terrific!

4. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Today is my last day of work and I cannot be more thrilled! My patience is thin working with the public. But, I've already transferred a lot of my cases so I am mostly spending my day twiddling my thumb and creating an awesome labor spotify playlist. lol.

5. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@Eko: Congrats on the start of maternity leave!

@Mrs.KMM: Good luck!

As my 2 year old left for daycare this morning she cheerfully told me she hoped I have a good time at the hospital today. WTH? Not sure where she got that but she was super excited for me.

6. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I was a little bummed yesterday at my appt. I'm still at 3 cm dilated, but at least I'm 80% effaced now. She said it could be any day now! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I was the most bummed though, because she was going to do a membrane sweep for me, but since I tested positive for the Group B Strep, they aren't allowed to. Ugh! So she said she just gave me a "vigorous check" I still haven't had any real contractions though, still haven' lost my mucous plug, nothing. I feel like I'm getting no where.

7. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: yay for your last day! I'm doing a little work from home today, but basically I am done. my cold actually seems to be getting worse!

@Corduroy: ?! maybe she knows something you don't know?

@MrsBrewer: 3cm and 80% is an awesome head start! I was .5cm and 50% 2 or 3 days before I went into labor with Julia at 39w and 2d. I don't think it means a lot other than it probably affects the length of labor.

8. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Corduroy: That's too funny. Glad that she's excited!

@MrsBrewer: Hang in there mama! I am sure labor will come soon enough! Sounds like you are already making really good progress!

@78h2o: Oh no! That sucks. Hopefully it gets better soon!

9. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I'm a bit behind everyone... Had an appointment yesterday at 35 1/2 weeks. Was tested for GBS but won't know the results until my next appointment. Measuring around 35 weeks. Go back in 2 weeks (closer to 2 1/2) and I'll have an u/s at that time to confirm her position. She was oblique at the beginning of the month but they have a hard time feeling her because I have constant BHs. They'll also do a cervical check then which I'm kinda on the fence about. Not sure if I can turn it down though? I'm assuming I could if I *really* wanted to. Anyone turned one down?

10. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@LindsayInNY: My practice has always given me a choice about cervical checks.

11. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: Hopefully you come back negative for GBS! I always have the option if I want them to do a cervical check or not. I always opt in favor of it, because I'm curious! I always thought before that I would turn it down, but I would rather know I found out!

12. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: Is there any benefit to refusing one?

13. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: I just hope that I will have enough time to get a dose of antibiotics in since I tested positive for GBS before the baby is born! Although I speedy delivery wouldn't be the worst thing

14. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: I turned them down. The benefit is keeping your fingers out of my hoo ha when it may or may not tell you anything. Those things hurt like a mother! I even turned down a couple during the induction! My buddy got them every week at 35 weeks, and stayed 2cm dialated, 70% effaced the whole time. Each week she thought "this is it!"

15. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: That's exactly where I'm at right now, and my midwife is telling me any day now! I can totally see how it's discouraging!!

16. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

36 week appointment this morning went well - I had the Group B Strep test done, I'm not sure if they'll wait to give results at the next appointment in a week or if they'll show up in my portal before then. Doc did a cervical check and I'm 70% effaced, 1.5 cm dilated. She was surprised by that and said she thinks I'll be home with a baby by Father's Day (EDD is 2 days after Father's Day). We got a surprise ultrasound to confirm baby is head down because she said she didn't feel like he had much hair (she wanted to make sure it was a bald head and not a bald bum) - looks like we're having a bald little boy lol. Oh, and she said his bottom is "meaty" so that should be fun

17. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'd say the benefit is that you don't let it get in your head. You could be 0 cm and go that night, or you could be 3-4 cm for weeks before labor starts. I didn't want any checks before 40 weeks, but I had to get one last week when I was having contractions. I wish I didn't know.

18. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@LindsayInNY: @MamaB: I agree! Although I loved getting to see our baby on the US yesterday, it's stressing me out about her size (which is probably wrong) and then with the cervical check knowing that I'm not dilated. It's already made me rethink when I should be off work, have family lined up, etc. when in reality she is going to come whenever she wants! There is a line between being informed and monitored for safety and just letting it happen!

19. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: @MamaB: @rpparker: Hmm. I'll be seeing my usual doctor that I go to for annuals so maybe I'll ask her if it's necessary and go from there.

20. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@dc yoga bee: I agree! They hurt something awful! Worst part of labor for me so far have been the cervical checks!

21. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

I found the cervical checks uncomfortable, but not really painful. It must just depend!

I am still debating the induction on Friday, but I think I am going to go ahead with it provided that my cold is better tomorrow. I was absolutely miserable yesterday and today, as the sinus pressure triggered a 2-day migraine. My husband thinks he developed a sinus infection from the same cold... he went to the doctor today and was given antibiotics. I will forgo them until baby is born though, as I've seen a few studies suggesting that maternal antibiotics can mess with baby's gut flora and raise risk of asthma, etc. Doesn't seem conclusive, but I'm so close, I feel like maybe it's best not to risk it. (I know sometimes antibiotics are necessary for GBS, UTIs, etc. ; however, in this case, I'm going to try to hold out since it's not clearly necessary).

Part of why I'm thinking I will go ahead with the induction is that I have read a few newer meta-analyses that found that elective induction after 39 weeks did not raise c-section risk (and in some cases, lowered it). I have seen other studies that used a different comparison group and found results in the opposite direction, but I think I agree with the methodology of the more recent studies over the other methodology.

If anyone is interested, here are links to the newer meta-analyses...

http://www.cmaj.ca/content/early/2014/04/28/cmaj.130925.full.pdf

http://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Fulltext/2013/10000/Elective_Induction_of_Labor_at_Term_Compared_With.6.aspx

22. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Well, I feel like most of you have been here for a while. But, yesterday was the first time I've wished I wasn't pregnant anymore. My feet have started swelling, and I feel huge and slow, I can't get comfortable. I told DH that I'm just ready for her to come out, so I go back to a version of my normal self.

23. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@MamaB: I feel the exact same way. The swelling is no joke! But it's like 80 degrees here, so even the thought of wearing compression socks is disgusting! At least we are in the final stretch now though!

24. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MamaB: @MrsBrewer: I have to pick and choose in the heat... It's either a dress and swollen feet OR pants, compression socks and sneakers (like today). I try to rotate so my feet don't get TOO bad over the course of the week.

25. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: YES!! same here!! I chose a dress today, but tomorrow I will for sure pick pants, compression socks, and tennis shoes!

26. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Life today. ha!! Thankful to have a job where I can take it easy, and bosses who completely understand.

27. glitterboots

cherry / 103 posts

I had my 37 week check up yesterday and baby girl is great. I have a high level of amniotic fluid according to the ultrasound (24) and can barely feel the baby because of all the water. I swelled so much that I gained 5 lbs this last week and my belly is hanging out of most of my tops.

28. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@glitterboots: Don't worry about the weight gain! I also gained 5 lbs between 36-37 weeks, but then between 37-38 weeks, I stayed the same! Isn't it crazy how weight can fluctuate so quickly?!

29. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@MamaB: that looks heavenly!!!!

30. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@glitterboots: me at 36 weeks! should resolve itself as long as you remain healthy.

31. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MamaB: I feel ya. Trying to soak up some ac in this gross heat and just keep my feet up! This baby needs to come soon. Not sure how much longer i can feel like this.

32. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MamaB: Haha, and toys!!

33. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

Anyone else getting the daily phone calls/texts asking if you've had the baby yet? I know they mean well but jeez it's so annoying. It's like trust me of I have the baby the entire family will be notified lol. I'm one day past my due date and I'm cranky blah

34. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@hocuspocus: My parents are here from out of state and I've spent the last few days with them. They are driving me nuts analyzing ever BH, ache, and pain! I vacuumed the kitchen last night and my dad was like, "Ooh, that's a sign [nesting]." He has also declared for the past 3 nights that he thinks baby will come that night. I know he means well, but I am getting so irritated! My mom finally told him no more comments after I muttered something about getting annoyed.

I was up until 2am last night with pretty strong contractions every 5 min or so that started around 11pm or 12. Not so painful though that I felt like it was for sure the real deal, but definitely more painful that the BH I've been having. I finally fell asleep from 2-4am. I woke up at 4am and was still having them. I managed to fall back asleep for another hour or so, and when I woke up, they'd mostly gone away. So annoying! My cold seemed like it was getting better, but now it is worse after that piss poor night of sleep! I feel dizzy and short of breath between baby squishing my lungs and not being able to breathe due to my cold. I am super emotional and cranky today... I have been crying on and off all day for pretty much no reason... I think I am just exhausted, hormonal, and uncomfortable. Also, I'm supposed to be working from home today and they sent me a TON of stuff to do urgently, so I'm stressed about that.

I really can't decide whether or not to go ahead with the induction tomorrow when I am feeling so crappy.

DH gave me a massage gift certificate for my birthday... I think I might just blow off work and go do that now in an attempt to cheer myself up... though I totally feel like I don't have time for it...

Sorry for the vent! Hope you are all doing well!

35. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

We're home. I have a catheter in. Going for a recheck tomorrow. I'm having urine retention issues due to fast labor, UTI before labor, and pressure from labor. I'm still icing my bits in hopes of bringing swelling down. J is on formula with boobs until milk comes in and I'm pumping.

36. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: I'm impressed that you slept after contractions. Mine come on quick and bad. They were especially bad this time, worse than with E.

37. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@78h2o I think you should for sure use that gift certificate! I hope your cold goes away soon and you can get a good nights sleep. Everything I do is a "sign" that the baby is coming to everyone. It's really annoying. I've decided I'm just going to pretend I'm not pregnant and see what happens lol

38. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: I'm so glad you are home! I hope that swelling goes down for you, and you are able to get the catheter out soon!

@78h2o: For sure go for the massage! You deserve to relax!!!

39. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@78h2o: hang in there, sounds rough! i felt like hormonally i have had it kept together and remained cool up until now. you're almost there!
    @cascademom: hope things ease up on you soon!
    @hocuspocus: dh is the one getting most impatient since he travels a good amount for work and has been sort of stuck in the area til birth of ds. he's hanging in there though.
    @LindsayInNY: have been wearing the same dresses for weeks. i do own other clothes, don't i??

40 weeks this weekend. my ob scheduled me for an induction on tuesday and i am hoping ds shows up before then. my bp has been perfectly fine this whole time, so i am nervous about an induction but afraid to say no to it as well.

40. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: thanks. The catheter sucks, but hopefully it will resolve itself soon, so I can be more mobile and back to normal.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee