Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: definitely get that massage if you haven't already decided! Sounds like you deserve it if you keep waking up from the contractions and are still sick!!

@cascademom: glad that you are home! Hoping you have a fast recovery!!!

@andthewildones: have you started every induction technique in the book yet?!

2. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@Eko: i have spent most of the third trimester assuming keeping up with my four year old would do the trick!

3. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: You should definitely use your massage gift certificate! You deserve some pampering and relaxation!

4. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

I hope everyone is hanging in there okay!

5. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

I wasn't able to get a massage (no open appointments), but I did go get another pedicure. The massage chair during the pedicure felt great and my toes have fresh polish for d-day.

I'm currently hooked up to pitocin. Hoping this goes smoothly!

6. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: Thinking of you!!

7. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: Thinking of you!! Good luck today!

8. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@78h2o: good luck!

9. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@78h2o: good luck today!

10. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: Good luck!!

11. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

Ugh. 37 week appointment this morning, and GBS positive. I was negative with DS, so I'm a bit bummed. But I guess it's less likely they'd send me home in labor (which they did with DS), so I'm trying to look on the bright side

12. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Jess1483: I'm bummed too, I'm GBS positive......oh well at least its only antibiotics!

13. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

My pregnant friend sent me this earlier today and it made me LOL. A little humor for your Friday!

14. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@mamab hahahahah! I love this soo accurate

Just got back from my appointment. I'm 2 days passed my due date Still 1.5cm and 80% effaced. Dr. Said to plan on coming in weds. Am 7:00 for induction if she isn't here by then. Idk why but I'm super nervous about being induced.

15. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@MamaB: LOL LOL LOL Hilarious!!!

@hocuspocus: Well hopefully your LO will make an appearance before then! Bu if not, at least you have an end date now!

16. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MamaB: LMFAO. This is so accurate. I may use this Everytime someone asks me how I'm doing.

@hocuspocus: FX LO comes before then!

17. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@hocuspocus: I was super nervous about being induced, and then sprung it on me 1 hour prior to starting, but it all worked out! Hoping that baby comes before Wednesday! Are you interested in/doing any of the old wives tales?

18. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

I know it'll all work out and it doesn't matter how she gets here as long as she's healthy. I feel like I watched too many pregnancy documentaries like the business Of being born and they all freaked me out I've tried pretty much everything except castor oil dun dun dun.... Lol

19. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

I passed my catheter pee test. No more newborn ice packs and catheters. I feel normal again minus using a peri bottle and Tucks for the bathroom.

20. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

Doh, my baby isn't even here yet and I freakin cracked my nipple. I've been trying to draw out my inverted nipple this week (with the guidance of an LC) using shells and the Lanolish everter (think tiny, wide mouth turkey baster with strong suction). I was really encouraged by how things were going... until I drew blood. I hope this thing heals before baby comes. Feeling stupid.

21. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@hocuspocus: we're in the same boat!

22. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@cascademom: question on the peri bottle. Do you just use water? They told me to just fill it with water. Just wondering if I'm actually clean since I'm so used to using soap! I only did the sitz bath once. It was just an odd experience!

23. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@dc yoga bee: just water. Use soap gently on lady parts when showering. I did a sitz bath to encourage peeing with the catheter issue. We brought it home. Excited to use it when needed.

24. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@cascademom: I didn't start the sitz bath until I got home. Okay, I only use the soap on the outside right? Sorry if that's dumb lol. I pretty much feel recovered except for the feeling my insides are not in their correct place.

25. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@dc yoga bee: soap on the outside, just let it wash over you when you wash the next few weeks. I never felt comfortable washing that area until after my 6 week appointment and when the stitches are healed.

26. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@cascademom: okay perfect. That's what I've started doing. I'm feeling good, so I hope everything is recovering and healing well!

27. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: yay, glad you are done with the Cath! I was so swollen last night that I wasn't able to pee either and had to be straight cathed. Not pleasant! Luckily I was able to go by myself after that.

28. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@cascademom: yay for no more catheters! I had to be catheterized the whole time I was on Mag (Tues afternoon - Friday morning) and it was so nice to get it removed, pass my tests, and be able to pee like normal again!

@Jess1483: I was a bit bummed about being GBS positive too but the antibiotics during labor were really easy. It only took ~20 minutes or so for each round to be IV dripped.

29. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

I can't wait for some more June mommas to have some babies!! The first few days were hard hard. But, she is so worth it! We are taking her out for the first time to target and buy buy baby. Be ready for a lot of returns it seems like. Stuff we registered for that is so loved by all- your LO may hate!!

30. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@dc yoga bee: thanks. Feeling pretty good here. J fights the nipple a lot. We've been finger feeding him formula until my milk comes in. It's pretty much in, but he screams at the boob. He nursed well until we had one night where he wasn't satisfied.

31. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: @Mrs.KMM: I'm so glad that the cath is out. The pee test wasn't bad, just annoying. Apparently, it's a pretty common postpartum problem.

32. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@cascademom: @dc yoga bee: @Mrs.KMM: @78h2o: glad all you ladies are doing well! All these stories are making me look forward to this baby coming. I'm so over being pregnant. I'm praying every second that at my appointment Monday they decide to induce me because of my blood pressure issues. The thought of going another 2 weeks is enough to make me cry.

33. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

We have had quite the exciting week! I'm currently getting a pedicure and it is heavenly! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

34. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Still pregnant here... 39+2 and ready to meet this little one. I'm starting to drink raspberry leaf tea 3-4 times a day, maybe that will help!!

35. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: you seemed pretty close anyway! Hopefully the tea will help! I want to see more babies.

36. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

How are your partners holding up with the waiting? Last night before we went to bed DH said "I'm too tired tonight. Promise me you won't go into labor tonight. I just have a bad feeling." Um, OK. I think he's still traumatized from my long labor with LO1.

37. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Corduroy: lol, that's funny. DH has been really calm about the wait. I think he's just afraid of labor so he is happy if this baby cooks as long as possible.

38. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

One week postpartum! I weighed myself 48 hours after delivery, and had lost 10lbs. I just weighed myself again, and I'm down 18 lbs! I gained 35lbs total, with 7lbs in the last week alone due to the swelling and pre-eclampsia.

39. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@dc yoga bee: I haven't weighed myself yet. I started swelling once I got home. I'll weigh myself eventually. I'm waiting for my balance to return to normal. I'm a little wobbly since my center of gravity went back to normal. At the hospital, they make you sign a postpartum fall waiver because of those issues.

40. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@cascademom: Yes, to the swelling! I started swelling more when I got home. It went down yesterday. I LOVE watermelon, and have been eating it twice a day, so I think it helped. My stomach is finally going down, and my innie belly button that was barely holding on has sucked back in. I didn't want to weigh myself, but was just too curious not to lol!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee