Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Mrs.KMM: congrats on the weight loss! I'm jealous!

I can't imagine them doing a full exam with speculum when I go this Thursday (although you've reminded me that's what they do), yikes! I think one of my tears might be infected...it hurts and when I looked at it with a mirror, it looked questionable. Plus the prolapse issues I had during pregnancy are worse than ever. I am interested to see what they say, but I have a feeling I might eventually need surgery for the prolapse. It would have to wait until next year though because right now I have no leave or FMLA and I understand recovery is kinda long. I guess we'll see what they say! I'm nervous!!!

2. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: E definitely has her days were she gets super fussy like that. Congrats on being down 25 lbs so far - that's awesome! Hope your new diet and exercise plan helps shed that last bit!

3. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: ugh! That does not sound like fun! Hopefully the prolapse issues aren't as bad as you suspect and just need more time.

I'm sure the full exam wasn't nearly as bad for me since I ended up with a c-section. Since I progressed so little from my induction, there really is no damage or anything down there that would make an exam more uncomfortable than normal for me. I can imagine it would not be fun at 6 weeks post vaginal birth!

4. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: Ugh, I'm dreading that exam now. I just want my lady bits to heal back to as normal as possible!

5. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

This may be the first time ever I say this but I wish summer was already over. It's so hot and humid that I can't take DS outside and I'm starting to develop cabin fever.

6. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Mrs.KMM: @LindsayInNY: The second time around, my bits are healing a lot better and faster. We've been much more mobile and out and about. We'll see tomorrow how my healing looks. As for vaginal delivery, despite the complication, the healing isn't a bad experience. First weeks are uncomfortable, then it gets easier.

7. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@cascademom: I tried to look once but can't see any of the "damage." Maybe that's a good thing?

8. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@cascademom: I've healed a lot better this time, too, but I do think my stitches haven't fallen out/dissolved yet. I had huge issues with them the first time (they got all balled up and caused immense pain and had to be cut out). This time, it's only mildly annoying. I'm torn between trying to get in before 6 weeks or just waiting it out (I'm at 3 weeks PP right now). The biggest concern is whether it would/could cause an infection.

9. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@LindsayInNY: I didn't look at my damage both times. Depending on the chair, I feel my tear line more.@Jess1483: It took about a month to feel fully okay again.

10. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

E is 6 weeks old today and got to go swimming in my parent's pool. She loved it and spent probably 50 minutes in there with us! Then promptly crashed for a long nap then woke up for a record 7 oz bottle! What a day!

She also did an awesome job on our 5.5 hour drive down here. We made one stop for ~30 minutes and she only cried for maybe 15 minutes of the drive. She slept almost the entire time!

11. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

LO seems to not really settle in my arms. DH or my mom can hold her and she'll be quiet and eventually sleep. But if I do she cries and fusses. Do I smell like milk or something? I don't get it?

12. rosegold

apricot / 428 posts

love reading these posts and seeing some smiling babes!!

13. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@Mrs.KMM: soo cute! Little water baby already that's so awesome she only cried for 15 minutes the whole trip. Did she sleep most of the way? We have a 10 hr drive to visit family coming up and I'm staring to get nervous about it.

14. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@LindsayInNY: omg the same thing was happening with me it was kind of annoying. It didn't help that DH kept saying that the baby was sensing my negative energy from being stressed she has gotten better but for some reason calms down way faster when DH is holding her.

15. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@hocuspocus: yeah - she slept almost the entire time! We fed her right before leaving and she crashed shortly after getting on the road. She woke up for her next bottle and cried for ~15 minutes until we found a good spot to stop (we were on a stretch of highway with no exits). Then she was awake for 15-20 minutes after we got on the road again (but was happy just chilling in the car seat).

We have an 11 hour drive in Sept and a 6 hour drive in Oct so hopefully they go just as well!

16. badwolf

grape / 77 posts

@Mrs.KMM: That is great that your little one did so well on your drive. C did pretty well on our trip home for my grandfather's funeral. It took longer than usual because we had to stop a couple times to feed her, etc, but she did pretty well. We did discover that she gets lonely in the backseat while we're in the front, so I rode in the back for most of the trip.
    It's crazy how fast they can jump forward developmentally - in the last week C went from the occasional smile to frequent grins and the beginnings of what will probably be a giggle; she's also turning her head side to side and holding it up really well, and she's pushing her feet against the ground hard enough to turn her body a little. She'll be 6 weeks on Sunday and this last week has been a big one.

17. rosegold

apricot / 428 posts

for momma's of two: how is your big kid handling having a baby around?

my little guy's skin is finally starting to clear up.

18. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@hocuspocus: I'm wondering if it's just an age slash early newborn thing right now?

19. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@LindsayInNY: I think you're right about the milk. My LO1 never settled with me as a newborn unless I was feeding. DS won't settle with anybody but me. Not sure which I prefer.

20. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@rosegold: your little guy has soo much hair! Such a cutie pie. My poor baby is soo bald she gets mistaken for a boy a lot.

21. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@rosegold: my ds is handling things.... not so well. Crazy jealous - acting out, hitting, tantrums, screaming. Good times.

22. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@rosegold: sweet! And so much hair! DS1 was like that, but this LO has much less. As for big brother, he's doing well! No jealousy or extra tantrums. Some extra whining, although I actually think that's due to lack of sleep (struggling with falling back asleep after potty). A tiny bit more clingy at night, but not awful. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop...

23. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I love all the sweet pictures!!!

I'm following along, just haven't been replying much, it's so hard to type from my phone!

So I think LO has baby acne or heat rash. Not sure which one, but it's spreading to her chest

24. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@MrsBrewer: so adorable! E had the same thing. It was really bad on her head and her face.. It's cooled off a little here and it seems to be getting better. I think she was getting break outs from the heat. I also stopped putting lotion on her face and anywhere she had it, I felt like it was making it worse.

25. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: @rosegold: @hocuspocus: what cuties!!!

@MrsBrewer: looks more like heat rash then acne to me. W got a bit of acne and theres no mistaking it as he had a bunch of whiteheads.

26. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: E gets this too! Out ped said we can put 1% Cortizone cream on it once or twice a day to help clear it up.

27. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

The past few days W can't stop crying unless he goes for a walk. Turns out he might have a milk intolerance. We are trying him on soy today and already there is a huge improvement. DH has a sensitivity to it so it's very possible this is our solution. Any second time moms have experience with this?

28. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

M turned 1 month old today. We celebrated by going to the pediatrician for a sick visit- ha! She weighs 11 lbs. 2 oz. and we have thrush.

29. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Went back for another weight check this afternoon and LO has only gained 2.5 ounces in a week. So as nice as the 6+ hour stretch of sleep is at night from her, we're gonna try waking to feed or pump and feed now. I feel like BFing is harder than labor...

30. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@LindsayInNY: bf'ing was by far the hardest part of the first year with DS1. I can totally sympathize. She will get more efficient soon.

31. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@LindsayInNY: breastfeeding is sooooooo hard but you're doing great!

32. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I'm wondering how the weaning from pumping is going? I'm currently doing it twice a day and am thinking about quitting cold turkey.

@LindsayInNY: it's sooooo hard. Too hard for me to really enjoy the benefits of it.

33. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: I've only pumped once since last Wednesday! I think my supply was already dropped low enough that weaning has been pretty straight forward. But I started off shortening my sessions a lot which really seemed to go a long way in dropping the supply (was pumping 30-35 minutes per session, dropped to ~15).

Admittedly, I've probably weaned faster than I'd normally try to since I'm still on the antibiotic for the last bout of mastitis. So I have less fear of winding up with an infection with the meds still in my system.

34. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Jess1483: Ugh, I really hope so!

35. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: thanks! How many 15 minute sessions did you do before almost all together dropping? My supply isn't that great, which is why I thought I could go cold turkey. I only did one 30 minute session yesterday morning and skipped my usual night one and am sort of regretting it.

36. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: I think I did the short sessions for about five days with 2–3 sessions per day. I figured at that point I would go cold turkey and just do a single short 15 minute session if I felt too engorged or felt a potential clog coming on. And I've just had to do that once in almost a week now!

37. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

So uhh... I thought a benefit to EBF was that your period stays away for awhile?! Well here I am at almost exactly 6 weeks, and my wondering period decided to show up already. I go in for my check up tomorrow, so I'm going to confirm that it's actually my period.

38. rosegold

apricot / 428 posts

everybody make sure to watch baby's skin! little guy had to have a prescription cream as his baby acne turned into a "yeasty" neck rash. he screamed and screamed! finally i'm seeing some smiles.

letting my body and the baby do their thing has been the hardest part as fat as breastfeeding goes. i would definitelt say let the baby train the breasts, and consider pumping when things feel more routine and babe isn't nursing every 45 minutes. your supply WILL build! i think i have the benefit of being a SAHM and I don't have to stress about my daily schedule. i am wishing all you ladies the best. and hey, if you just feel like giving up - my first was only breastfed for a month and a half before going all formula and she's five this year and AWESOME. healthiest kid, one solid immune system and no allergies. a lot of it is genetics.

anyone else miss going braless tho?

39. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@rosegold: aww I'm glad you got your LOs skin figured out! My DD had really bad baby acne right now, so I will make sure to keep an eye on it.

I totally miss going bra less too!!!

40. rosegold

apricot / 428 posts

@MrsBrewer: I thought my pd was coming on full force one day but then it tapered off i a matter of hours.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee