Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2017 moms!

1. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@IcedTea. True. I guess I'm being a bit lazy/over-confident in thinking we don't "need" one. There is a "meet the doulas" event here in our new town that we should attend no matter what. Thanks for the encouragement!

2. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

Hi everyone, I've been lurking/absent most of the time just out of being busy with work and DS. He has been sick almost half this year I think.

Anyway, we had our anatomy scan a couple weeks ago and found out we are having another boy I don't want to buy too much but I did get a cute cardigan and a pair of booties on sale as bub will be born in winter here.

I hope everyone else is feeling well and the babies are too!

3. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: You're sweet to check in. Today's appointment was kind of a bust, TBH. The MFM hadn't sent over his report, so I had to fill in the OB and just get her off-the-cuff thoughts. After talking with my uncle, I'm leaning towards a transfer to the medical center in town instead of my local hospital so that I won't run the risk of baby being transferred to the NICU there without me. Luckily, my OB was on board with that. Unfortunately, she wants to wait to decide, so I just need to get used to uncertainty! As for a doula, I actually think it would be helpful even for subsequent labors. My second came much more quickly and labor was a really different experience as far as pain/escalation/control. If it's in the budget, I'm not sure what it would hurt to have more support.

4. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@kitty: congrats on another little boy! What fun they'll have together! Hope your DH gets to feeling better soon!

5. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@rattles: that is so frustrating. glad your OB is open to the new plan, though! I've been thinking of you guys. When do you go back to MFM?

6. winniebee

My anatomy scan is tomorrow morning. My anxiety is through the roof, I've already cried a few times today. Compounding the situation, we are expecting snow and my kids may not have school. Bringing them along is NOT ideal given that my husband and I really want to be able to devote our full attention to what is happening during the ultrasound.

In other words, I'm finally feeling baby boy move with my anterior placenta. Baby steps!

7. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@winniebee: I go back 2/20. DH is off for President's Day, so he'll be able to come too. Thanks for thinking of us. I'm praying all is well at your anatomy scan. Is there an option for a babysitter or a drop off care place for the morning? I totally hear you on not wanting them to be there. I'm so glad you're finally feeling him kick around!

8. winniebee

@rattles: oh good that's not too far away! yeah, if schools are closed we are out of luck other than finding a babysitter - I've been trying but so far no bites!

9. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@winniebee: I'm sure you've thought through your network, but I'd try begging any SAHM mom friends, asking if any high school neighbors might be free and spamming my church moms group. I'd look at a drop off center last and bring an iPad with a movie as a final resort. I hope someone gets back to you!

10. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@kitty: congrats on the boy! I'm having a winter baby too, so waiting for stores to bring in their autumn/winter ranges before going too crazy. Though I did buy some onesies last weekend, felt so strange shopping in the boys section!

11. winniebee

@rattles: just got word that a high school neighbor can help!!!!!! thank goodness!

12. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@winniebee: oh I'm so glad! Rescheduling is not an option when you've been counting down anxiously!

13. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@winniebee that is great news! We started using high school neighbors to sit DD this year and it's great! They seem to have so much fun and are cheap! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you tomorrow. We can all relate to the anxiety of the anatomy scan but obviously your history is making it way worse. Stay strong mama! All tests so far have been really good news so let's hope those results continue....
    Hugs!

14. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@rattles: thanks! last night is the first night DS hasn't been sick, so I'm hoping he's on the mend

@winniebee: I so hope your anatomy scan goes well. I have an anterior placenta too, it turns out, and I finally started feeling more obvious movement last week. It's great!

15. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@Kitty Congratulations!
    @Winniebee Hooray for finding a high schooler and feeling baby move! You are in my heart and on my mind.

Looping back to the doula conversation, as one of the few first time moms on here, I've been thinking about this. It sounds like just about everyone would recommend a doula? And how in the world did you go about finding one? Pretty much all of my friends either do not have kids or have much older kids, so word-of-mouth has not been too helpful

16. winniebee

Thank you all so much for the support

17. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@msmilkshake: not exactly your question, but I don't think you NEED a doula. I haven't had one for either labor, and both went just fine without one. I do think that the more attached you are to a certain kind of birth, the more helpful it might be to have one. As for your actual question, I know my La Leche League chapter had a list of recommended doulas.

18. winniebee

@msmilkshake: I didn't have a doula with either of my boys! I was fairly open minded heading into labor though. I knew I would probably get an epidural and just wanted the baby out safely (didn't really care about a specific birth experience!). I had totally fine experiences both times and my second labor was borderline enjoyable (until I didn't get an epidural when I needed it!!)

19. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

20. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@winniebee: thinking of you and praying all is well!

21. winniebee

Everything was fine!!!

22. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

Ugh my wedding rings are getting tight already! What a bummer! It's not hot here--I thought that was the main issue for my last pregnancy since I hit this halfway mark in June. No other swelling that I'm aware of...

23. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: So happy for you

24. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@winniebee: yay!

Is anyone else still suffering from morning sickness? I've had a rough couple of days this week. Part of it is probably that I'm sleeping poorly from being stressed about moving on Saturday. I just feel exhausted all day long! Luckily I have my next appointment on Monday so I'll talk to my OB about it to see if anything is wrong.

But the good news is that we've been sleep training DD ahead of the move and it seems to be working! Which is such a relief. She had been up for hours and hours at night and I just couldn't handle it!

I'm so looking forward to feeling better. I hope this nausea subsides and our move goes smoothly. I'm so worried about something random going wrong!

25. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@kitty: Congratulations!

@rattles: Sorry that your OB wasn't much help It's so frustrating when the various parties aren't communicating well.

@newlypregnantlady: I forgot to take my Diclegis about 2 weeks ago and was vomiting, so the morning sickness is still there though the meds are working. I hope you're feeling better soon - it's hard to be sick when the assumption is that you're feeling better by this point!

26. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@winniebee: saw your other post, I am so happy for you!

@newlypregnantlady: I'm still getting morning sickness 1-2 times a week, I can't wait for it to finally stop! Hope it disappears quickly for you!

27. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@winniebee Hooray!! And thanks to you and @rattles for the input!

28. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@MrsF: @MrsStar: I'm sorry you guys still feel bad too, but it's good to know I'm not alone.

29. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@newlypregnantlady: ugh, just threw up a few days ago. I'm like 21 weeks, what the heck? Smells still get me. I've been telling people this has been my worst pregnancy. Ugh. I feel your pain.

30. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@tequiero21: for me it's the nausea and the exhaustion combined that makes things bad. The last time I took my DD for a walk I ended up throwing up as soon as I got home, had random contractions all night, and then had a horrible day the next day. I'm so ready to be able to play with my kid without vomiting for days afterwards!

I remember during the newborn days with my DD I was talking to people about how much easier it is to have a baby than be pregnant (granted my kid did not have colic). And then I realized I have horrible pregnancies! This is bringing all that back. I remember immediately feeling better because even waking up every 2-3 hours I felt more rested, and my headaches immediately went away. I know I'm romanticising it but I'm so ready to stop vomiting!

31. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@winniebee: so happy to hear everything has comeback positive!

@rattles: sorry to hear you haven't gotten many new answers. I hope your appointment on the 20th gives you more answers!

I haven't been around much the past two or so weeks because we've been traveling to my hometown every weekend since the middle of January to see my niece. Unfortunately, the stroke she had almost two weeks ago was just too much for her body to handle and she passed away last Monday. Attending a 2.5 year old's funeral was not something I ever thought I'd have to do, and I'm just so sad for my brother.

It has been not only extremely emotionally exhausting, but all the travel has been really physically exhausting as well. I tend to have back issues in pregnancy and I feel like they've been worse with all the car traveling. My son hasn't been doing well with all the big emotions we've all dealt with and all the travel/interruptions to his schedule, so we haven't been sleeping well either. I wanted to give an update on my niece since I know a lot of people were sending thoughts and prayers for her.

32. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@bookwormmama: I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a child has to be the world's hardest thing; my heart goes out to your brother and to all of you.

33. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@bookwormmama: my heart breaks for your brother. Praying for you and your family during this difficult time.

34. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@bookwormmama oh my heart just aches for your family. I'm glad you have been able to spend time supporting your brother but that must be so so hard emotionally and physically for you. The saddest day of my life was a baby's funeral. She was not a family member but it was devastating. I can't imagine your family's pain. Love and hugs to you.

35. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@bookwormmama: I hope you and your brother's family are able to take time to heal. I can't even imagine.

36. winniebee

@bookwormmama: I'm so very sorry ffor your loss. The loss of a child is the worst type of loss imaginable. 😓

37. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Iced Tea: @tequiero21: @Mrs. Pajamas: @newlypregnantlady: @winniebee: thank you for your kind words and continued thoughts and prayers.

You never think as a parent you'll have to tell your 2.5 year old his cousin has died I'm especially sad for all the time and memories they won't have together. And that baby girl and my sister's baby won't get to meet her. So many emotions for everyone involved, not just myself. But I think the grief is getting easier for myself...I guess some days it is and will be worse. But having my own toddler keeps my mind busy and I'm not with my mom (she cared for her 3-5 days/week) and brother since they are far away, whose grief I'm sure would be painful to observe.

@Mrs. Pajamas: I definitely had Braxton hicks the entire funeral. My belly was so hard and uncomfortable the whole time. Probably the combination of lack of water, standing, and emotional distress.

38. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@bookwormmama: oh I'm so, so sorry to hear this. Your family will definitely be in my prayers. What a terrible tragedy. I hope you're able to take a little time for yourself and that your back pain gets better. It's so miserable, especially while taking care of a toddler, and it seems unfair for you to have such physical pains while dealing with emotional ones.

39. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: Oh my goodness that is so heartbreaking. I can't imagine having to have that conversation with a child combined with your own grief. Be kind to yourself. I'll be thinking of you and your family

40. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@rattles: @MrsF: thank you both for the kind words and continued thoughts/prayers.

In more positive news, DH and DS FINALLY got to feel baby girl kick! I've been feeling her for a couple weeks (I'm almost 23 weeks) but they are finally strong enough to feel through my placenta! I let my DH feel first and DS was upset that his dad got to feel her first, so I said he got to feel her first because it's his baby. My DS said "no, it OUR baby!" 😂

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee