Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2018 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: What should I expect with the procedure? I've read up on actual procedure and what it entails; however, I'm more interested in what sensation it brings (* pain, discomfort, fullness, warm, cool, etc) during and afterwards, as well as, any savory advice. I want to be "uber-prepared" if this month fails me.

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

I have found a hack for the page refresh. Change the current page number to the next page number in the URL and hit enter. Not that anyone will see this until the dang thing actually refreshes.

3. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

I had an HSG earlier this year and while it was uncomfortable for sure, it wasn't necessarily painful. Do bring a pad in case you have a little bleeding after. I had very light spotting that only lasted for a few hours and then ended. I have heard it can be more uncomfortable if you have any blockages, which I didn't, so FYI. It's a short procedure!

4. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

double post? so sorry ughh

5. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@Sams Mom: Thank you! I was just commenting and had no idea the last few comments were even there.

@Kaohinani: For me, it was most uncomfortable when they were inserting the catheter. I've never had a child, so this was the first time my cervix had been messed with. The dye felt like pressure and fullness, and then it was over.

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@afc061018: Thank you! πŸ™ That is great stuff to know. πŸ™‚ My OBGYN is awesome but is (1) a guy, and (2) isn't the most amazing at preparing patients for procedures. πŸ™„πŸ˜’πŸ˜‚

7. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: I literally felt nothing aside from putting the speculum in πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

8. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Thanks for the hack! I just kept refreshing and going between posts until I saw THIS one updated. πŸ˜‰. Your idea is so much more efficient!

9. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

My hcg is only 45, so looks like this isn’t a viable pregnancy
    I’ve never miscarried before, but I imagine it will probably be a month or two before we can try again.

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: I'm so unbelievably sorry to read this. 😞. I will be thinking of you. Please, keep us updated...

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: I'm so sorry. Was this your first or second beta? I tried to look back and find which one it was for you. lots of your way.

12. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@LAZB: I'm so sorry

13. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@LAZB: Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear this.

14. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@LAZB: so sorry. Sending your way

15. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@LAZB:

16. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@LAZB: I’m so sorry.

17. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: @Sams Mom: @skinnycow: @afc061018: @MamaBear87: @youboots: @Aria: thank you all ❀️

18. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

AF showed up. So now I know how long my cycles are. I’ll be back on the August boards.

19. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@LAZB: I’m sorry to hear this. Are you going in for a 2nd beta? It could be low because you are so early.

20. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@LAZB: I'm so sorry. Are they having you come in for a repeat draw?

21. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: My RE recommended an HSG at about 10 months of trying (we were also AMA already). I took 800mg of Motrin before the procedure, and I'd say it just felt like cramping of a bad menstrual cycle. It was much shorter in duration though, and I only had discomfort during the actual procedure, not after. Just light spotting as others mentioned.

22. Chuckles

persimmon / 1494 posts

@LAZB: So sorry to hear this.

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Thank you for the information!
    πŸ˜€ Perhaps, I'll pop a Motrin in anticipation on the day of.

24. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@LAZB: I’m so sorry

25. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

My temp has bottomed out, so I'm just waiting for AF to show, probably today. Back to the RE we go. I've been assuming we would try 3 IUIs, so that would make one more try on that, but we'll see what the RE says.

26. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

1 dpo and already feeling crazy and impatient... I'm trying to hold off on testing until next Friday (11 dpo) but we'll see. I've never made it past 8 dpo

27. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@afc061018: gah! Still keeping fingers crossed for you!

@skinnycow: waiting is better in my opinion

28. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm going to try to wait! I think I cause myself unnecessary stress when I see a negative test even when it's ridiculously early. I just need to find some distractions.

29. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@MamaBear87: Thank you! I'm not sure there's any saving it at this point, but I'll take all the FX and luck I can get!

30. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@LAZB: I am so sorry to hear this.

31. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@skinnycow: i don't test at all anymore. It's too depressing seeing the negatives

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Holy crap! I am on Day 3 of 5 of 100 mg Clomid, and my ovaries are already feeling big and hurting.

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: Every month I say I'm not testing until 11+ dpo, or until I'm late... That never happens...

34. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: maybe I'll feel differently this month but after the first 2 when they were all negative I just didn't want to see that anymore

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I am hopelessly optimistic about getting pregnant. But, every time I get my period I have a good hard cry, and move on... I figured out that I have to get the cry in, because the one month that I didn't I was in a shitty mood at my clomid check and not very nice to my OB

Enough of the negative talk, we're getting our positives this month

36. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: i hope so! Although we just planned a wine weekend in July so part of me will be sad πŸ˜‚

37. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: A little sip sip here and there can't hurt... You're supposed to spit it out after trying it right? So that doesn't count...

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Just got a call from OBGYN. IDK what took him so long to get back to me. πŸ€” I've been stressing over his call! Lol. Anyway, I've got the clear on my June 6th ultrasound (pelvic and transvag)! πŸ˜€. No structural abnormalities, no cysts, no fibroid growths -- NADA! 3 follicles were starting to enlarge at the time of the ultrasound but it is NOW past when he would want me in for a second scan (his fault!) so he told me to continue ttc "activities" πŸ’πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š as usual. SO RELIEVED as my last u/s structural check was 7 mos ago and was clear ... but still NO baby! Of course, he did remind me that the HSG is still on the table for JULY if we don't conceive THIS month. Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed (... just not legs πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚) for a sticky BFP this month!

39. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@skinnycow: I’m only 6/7dpo and dying to test. I’m trying my best to hold out too!

40. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

I'm out. Good luck to everyone!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee