Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2018 POAS

1. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@afc061018: Sorry

@Jessiemuller88: It's so hard! I'm generally pretty good at exercising self-control, but not when it comes to TTC.

2. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@afc061018: boo. Af is the worst

3. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Trying to help the page refresh...

My temp is being weird thus far. I'm on cd11 and it's jumped up a decent amount. Granted I'm still well below my usual post o temps and ava charts look different once you have a bigger temp swing but thus far it looks like we missed o πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­

4. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

Mine is looking odd too... I got a positive OPK on Sunday afternoon and no temperature spike yet. I can't decide if I should trust my Ava bracelet

5. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MamaBear87: I can't tell how accurate Ava is. Mine is telling me I don't ovulate until this weekend but that totally conflicts with the OPKs I've taken.

6. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@skinnycow: how long have you been wearing ava? It takes her a few cycles to be accurate, and if you have an off cycle sometimes she won't catch it. Also keep in mind you usually ovulate 24-72 hours after a positive opk

She's usually spot on for me and likely will be this month also. But I've been wearing her since February

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@afc061018: That sucks, I'm sorry

8. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MamaBear87: This is my 4th cycle. She generally tells me I ovulate CD17-19 but that seems super late compared to my positive OPKs.

I know it's also possible to have a more gradual temp spike, so maybe that's the case for me.

9. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@afc061018: Bummer.
    @skinnycow: My temp after O generally takes a day or two to be at a consistently high temperature. And the last time I was pregnant my temps were weird and all over the place. I usually put more stock in what your OPKs and CM are doing.

Ok, I need opinions on this OPK. For reference, I have had obvious positives the last two days that were darker than this one and my temp was a little bit higher but not enough to definitely be a post-O spike. But is this positive? Normally I would say yes if I didn’t have the darker two already. Please say no because I don’t think I have it in me to do it again tonight.

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Aria: I would say no because the other 2 are "more positive", so it's on the downhill. This is one of the reasons they say to quit testing after you get a positive.

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

While we are on the topic of OPKs and LH surges, I have a question:

If my CBE Digital Ovulation test gave me a low reading (* circle, no vibrating smiley or solid smiley) with FMU but with my MDU, I received a 9.3 LH score (out of 10) on my SmileReader LH strips/app, which do I believe?!?! πŸ€” This has NEVER happened to me before. Should I just test again tonight with my strips and then again tomorrow to verify the LH surge?

Thank you in advance to anyone who actually reads this and responds. πŸ€—

12. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I would go with the results from MDU, because FMU isn't usually recommended for OPKs. I'd test again this evening, but I would treat that as a positive OPK.

13. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@skinnycow: how long are your cycles normally? Maybe you have longer than average lp and it's taking her a bit to figure that out. We're you on bc while you waited out the zika?

@Aria: ava is usually has more consistent temps because she is less influenced by outside factors, if you wake up at different times or wake up to pee during the night.

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Thank you. That is what I'm thinking as well! The CBE predictor uses FMU for theirs so I use it to catch my LH surge as early possible since I have short surges (max 12 hours); however, I'm thinking the regular strips may be more reliable. πŸ˜„. So weird, though, I've never had a low-to-peak day. Normally , it is low-to-high, or high-to-peak! Thank you again for the guidance.

15. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I used the ClearBlue Digital for a couple cycles and always went straight from low to peak, I never got a high.

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Wow. That is interesting. πŸ™‚ I use CBE in the morning and the strips in the afternoon (and, sometimes, evening). It has always been a slow progression... I've never gone from low to peak in ONE day though. Blaming it on the Clomid! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

17. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: I don't think the strip is quite positive either, bit I bet it will be soon

18. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MamaBear87: Usually 28/29 days but my last three have been 29, 31, and 32 days so maybe that's throwing her off. I got off BC right before starting to use Ava, so my cycles could also be wonky because of that.

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: How are you doing?

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Thank you. πŸ™‚. If it isn't, hopefully, by this evening or tomorrow morning it will be ...

21. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Sams Mom: Ok, that’s what I figured. I’m feeling rusty with all this stuff, it’s been 4 years!

22. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@Aria: @Sams Mom: @skinnycow: @MamaBear87: Thank you. Just spoke with the RE. We're trying one last IUI (#3) + clomid + trigger. If this one doesn't work, it will be time to move on to IVF or adoption.

23. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@afc061018: I hope the clomid works for you, but if you do have to go the IVF route, we have a great support system in the IVF threads.

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Hi, ladies, hope everyone is having a SPECTACULAR Thursday! πŸ™‚
    Okay, so for those of you on the edge of your seats waiting for an update (* Yeah, I'm certain NO ONE has been waiting. Lol) - It happened AGAIN. πŸ˜’
    My CBE fertility monitor used with FMU registered a "low" LH reading, but three hours later while testing with a regular LH strip, I received a positive (* In natural light, the test line is darker than the control and it rated a 9.9 LH on the Smilereader app). Incidentally, after taking the CBE test, I removed the test stick to view and noted the test line was darker than the control which it hasn't been all week with the exception of yesterday. I think I'm going to chalk it up to a faulty CBE monitor and needing to purchase a new one! πŸ€” As if ttc isn't frustrating or confusing enough at times, geez!
    Any thoughts or wisdom on this?

25. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@yellowbeach: Thank you so much! I've started reading some of the past IVF postings to get an idea of what to expect. I've had a gut feeling we'd end up at this stage.

@Kaohinani: Just my two cents, but I recommend picking just one OPK method and sticking to that. I, too, was using multiple OPKs at one point and getting different results on each, and it was frustrating trying to figure out which to trust, especially with multiple apps giving me conflicting info too. TTC is stressful enough, so I'd evaluate which OPK aligns better with your other symptoms (CM, temp, etc.) over the past few months and go with that. Save yourself the added stress!

26. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Kaohinani: Do you have any regular digital opks (not advanced)? I had a similar problem with the CB advanced and cheapies last month and had had to bring in the regular digital opk to figure out if I was ovulating or not.

27. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

So I didn’t roll call because I’m trying to be more relaxed. 6th cycle trying for #2, terrible morphology numbers, 12 dpo today and...

(Sorry for the toilet in the pic )

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@afc061018: I think you are absolutely right. This is really [needlessly] stressing me out because I don't know which one to trust. At this point, I'm not extremely impressed with my CBE advanced monitor. *chuckles* The Smilereader strips appear more consistent with all of my cycle data (current and prior) so I'll continue with those. ( I may try and pick up a regular digital test just to check though as Badgermom had suggested.)
    Thank you! πŸ’œ

@BADGERMOM: Unfortunately, I ran out of regular digis last month. I was using 3 different OPKs for a while but the hubby is getting frustrated with me spending between $50 - $70 a month on items to pee on (OPKs and Preg tests). πŸ˜‚ He put the kibosh on that and ( *for OPKs) I NOW get one box of CBE advanced (if I don't have any left over) and a box of LH strips of my choice. Lol. I may have to plead my case and purchase more regular digital tests, though. πŸ˜‰. Incidentally, which one (CB or cheapies) were more accurate for you last month?

29. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@BadgerMom: what a great way to start the day! Congratulations! Those are great lines!

I caved and took a FRER this morning, and BFN. I’m roughly 8dpo and already feeling discouraged.

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@BadgerMom: OMG, CONGRATULATIONS, Mama! πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ. Screw the toilet, the test is beautiful!!! πŸ’œ

31. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Kaohinani: @Jessiemuller88: thank you!!!

@Kaohinani: Last month I had what I would consider positive or alllllmost positive cheapie opks from like cd 11-25. I was getting negative digitals throughout those times tho. Eventually I got a positive digital on like cd26 and my period followed 14 days later. So I think that one was the real deal. When I looked into it, it looked like a lot of cheapie brands have a lh lower threshold than the digital, so for me the digital caught my true surge surge that month. This cycle everything coincided perfectly like it usually does between the two. But after my weird cycle I definitely trust the digitals more than the cheapies. But I only usually take one or two digitals a cycle to confirm so I don’t spend $$$$.

32. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@BadgerMom: Congratulations! That's a great looking line!

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@BadgerMom: Congratulations!!!

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

June POAS Dates

SamsMom: 6/2
    Megpie: 6/4
    LBARN: 6/8
    Chuckles: 6/8
    LAZB: 6/10
    Baby7378: 6/11 ish
    Queen of Hart: 6/14
    AFC061018: 6/15 ish?
    Dr Pepper: 6/17
    Star Lit Sky: 6/18
    MILPA: 6/18
    JessieMuller88: 6/20
    Aria: 6/24
    SkinnyCow: 6/24
    DC Yoga Bee: 6/25
    MrsScallop: 6/25
    SamsMom: 6/26-?
    MDF106: 6/27
    Kaohinani: 6/28
    MamaBear87: 6/30
    MegPie: 7/4

Best of luck to everyone!

Chuckles BadgerMom

LAZB

Congratulations Ladies!!!

35. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@BadgerMom: Congrats!!

36. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: The only reason my husband doesn't know exactly what I spend on things to pee on is because I order it from Amazon and mix it in with the diapers or genie refills But he still knows it's more than I want to admit to some months.
    ------------------------------
    Today was my last day of Clomid, the side effects haven't been any worse on 100, except for the hot flashes. I was in my basement (67 ish degrees) last night sewing some baby shirts, and I was hot flashing so hard I had sweat running down my face... Like what the hell!? I'm not even moving, and I'm pouring sweat.

37. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: congrats!!

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: You make me laugh! πŸ˜€ I was doing that same thing for the longest time until my husband was wondering why diaper genie refills, Cottenelle wipes, and assorted items were costing so much EVERY month! 😏 We use Honest Co. Diapers and wipes (monthly bundle package) for my son's training pants and night diapers so I couldn't sneak a test or two into THAT purchase. πŸ˜‚. Heck, I would even add a pack or 2 when I went grocery shopping ... I REALLY think I have a POAS problem! πŸ€”πŸ˜…. Hubby sat me down to figure out EXACTLY how much I was using (* sounds like I'm an addict here) and how much I actually "need" to successfully track ttc and check for a BFP. Odd, since I'm money-wise in all other ways and spending but ttc has me a POAS-crazed fool! πŸ˜„

P.S. I'm glad Clomid 100 hasn't been "the worst" for you! The hot flashes seem annoying, though. For me, the 100 has garnered even more bloating and weight gain (up 9-lbs now!!!) and, as I'm in the OV phase, I can "feel" how heavy my ovaries are (weird sensation) and I'm super crampy. I really hope lady luck is with us!

39. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@skinnycow: @Sams Mom: @Aria: @MamaBear87: Thank you!!!

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: This is the only thing that I'm not a total tightass about when it comes to money. I hardly spend money on myself even if it's in the budget... So maaaaaybe that makes it a little better.

I avoid the scale, so I don't ever know about weight fluctuations, it's bad enough that my OB weighs me at every appointment. Last month I was freaking out thinking I had gained weight, but I was the same exact weight from the last time he saw me. Told me weight is just a number in the grand scheme of things and not a be all end all kind of thing, and I needed to calm down.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee