Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2019 Mamas!

1. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

I haven't been on here for a while so:

@MrsJBeeG: Congrats on a good appointment!

@skinnycow: Glad everything went well with your daughter. You have a cute bump. I'm only a few days ahead of you and have a definite bump in the morning. I moved into maternity jeans at home at 6 weeks. I'm managing normal work pants, but they were big before I got pregnant and I can't button them anymore.

@foodiebee: Glad to hear your OB appointment went well. Sorry about the no ultrasound. I wasn't expecting that at my last appointment but did get a quick one to check the heartbeat.

AFM: Nausea is finally starting to die down. I'm mostly good in the morning, okay in the afternoon, and dead after dinner. As long as I eat every few hours anyway. I go too long without food and my stomach rebels. I had blood drawn for NIPT, but don't expect to hear anything until my next appointment on 13 DEC. We aren't finding out sex.

2. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@Mrs. Toad: it’s been pretty quiet on here but glad to hear all is well for you.

@foodiebee: I wasn’t certain if I’d get an u/s but was happy I did at 10w.

Not certain when my next appointment will be. Tried to schedule it but they couldn’t see that far for the calendar. They took blood for the genetic test (not certain which test tbh - which is my fault for not asking precisely) since I’m ama. I suspect I won’t get the results until my next appointment. Seems like it’s a long wait until the next appointment if it’s a month away but pregnancy is teaching me to be more patient.

3. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

Hope everyone had a fantastic thanksgiving.

11w today - every week past week 8 seems like a positive milestone for me. still fighting a lot of nausea and hoping it starts winding down on the next week or so.

4. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MrsJBeeG: My Thanksgiving was great (although I didn't eat any turkey because meat is still turning my stomach). I mostly ate rolls and pie

I'm hoping my food aversions let up soon so I can eat normal meals again.

5. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@skinnycow: Lol we are the opposite. My stomach only wants meat. I'm doing a bit better (nausea not lasting all day) but I do still spend some portion of every day either nauseated or bloated or both, a lot of times at night. Do the dreams ever go away? I'd love for that to happen.

6. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

I spent a 3 hour flight to anchorage (for work) trying not to lose the contents of my stomach. Then next week I have to travel to Chicago for work and then fly back to Anchorage the next week. Not certain how I’m going to do it as I just feel awful so much of the day. 🤪

Luckily then it’s close to Christmas and I don’t have travel until February. and maybe then I’ll feel better. 😀

Anyone have fun Christmas plans yet? My in laws are visiting for 2.5 weeks which is stressing me out. 😬

7. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

Ladies I’m still dying from nausea and really starting to get bummed out about it. Hate complaining but it’s terrible and I don’t know how much longer I can go on without anti nausea meds. I’m 13 weeks and thought it was letting up as I had some sporadic nausea free moments, and even a day or two here and there but it’s been constant again. It’s draining and I’m starting to feel hopeless. Mood swings are still pretty awful too. I have my NT scan this week so will need to look into meds if it doesn’t let up soon.

I hope everyone else is doing MUCH better!!

8. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@SupernovaJ: you can take unisom+b12 as an OTC for nausea. Hope it lets up soon for you!

9. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Sams Mom: ordering it now!!

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@SupernovaJ: sorry I meant B6! But unisom is right 🤦‍♀️ #mombrain

11. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Sams Mom: haha I figured that’s what you meant! I had heard of the combo before but didn’t look into it much till now. Thanks friend.

12. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@MrsJBeeG: Omg 2.5 weeks! You're a saint! I have very little vacation time this year, so we're just driving to see family for the day. I'm honestly relieved, as it's always exhausting jumping from house to house. I look forward to the day that we say we're staying home so the kiddo can have a holiday in our home!

@SupernovaJ: Oh no! So sorry to hear you're still suffering so badly. I hope the unisom and B6 help bring you some relief.

AFM, still waiting on our MT21 results. I know it won't be fast, but man do I feel impatient!

13. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: I'm impatiently waiting for mine too. I'm guessing the holiday weekend slowed things down. I'm not holding my breath that I'll hear back this week!

@MrsJBeeG: Yikes. 2.5 weeks sounds brutal. Our family is all local so no real travel required but we'll have to jump around to a bunch of houses.

@SupernovaJ: I'm sorry you're still struggling! I hope it lets up soon.

14. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MrsJBeeG: Oh no, so sorry to hear you're also suffering with the nausea. I can't imagine traveling on top of how I already feel. With my first pregnancy, I had a global role that required overseas travel frequently... to Asia! I still remember my first flight at 8 weeks and how miserable I was, and that was just the flying part. Hang in there... I completely empathize. And yikes, in-laws for 2.5 weeks is a long time. You really have a lot going on! We are just sticking around locally for the holidays, it's busy season for me at work so it's hard to take off anyway.

@foodiebee: @skinnycow: Hope the time passes quickly ladies with good results!

15. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@foodiebee: @skinnycow: @SupernovaJ: th aks ladies for the agreement that 2.5 weeks is a long time! My DH just shrugs and states it will be fine and fun. 😬 Now tbh - I like my in laws a lot. They are low key and low stress (it’s more stressful when my dad and stepmom visit) but 2.5 weeks is sooooo long that I know it will get on my nerves. Haven’t figured out what to do with them as they aren’t that old but are in worse health so they are limited in what they can do.

But I’m hoping it will be fun to have them there at Christmas and New Years - we haven’t had family around for those holidays in several years since we were living in Germany.

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone waiting for results.

16. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

Most of my symptoms seem to be letting up. My nausea is gone and I'm not as tired. I'm still having some food aversions but I'm able to eat meat and vegetables again.

I'm glad the symptoms are going away but it also makes me a little paranoid. I'm 11w1d today so still a couple weeks away from the second trimester.

17. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@skinnycow: Glad to hear that things are getting better. I just wish I could say the same. I keep throwing up my breakfast and feeling bad multiple times during the day.

Don't be paranoid. I'm sure that everything is fine.

18. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@skinnycow: I’m with @Mrs. Toad: glad you are feeling better. I have moments where I think I’m doing better and then just get overwhelmed with how crummy I feel later on.

But I am sure we are all fine.

19. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@skinnycow: Ugggh yes, I think the holiday is going to slow the results down. My symptoms are gradually easing too, thank goodness. I still feel some nausea at night and sometimes in the afternoon, but it's nowhere near what it used to be.

@Mrs. Toad: So hoping you can feel better soon! It's awful to continually feel like crud day in and day out. Just exhausting.

@MrsJBeeG: I like my inlaws a lot and have a great relationship with them, but I don't know what we'd do for 2.5 weeks straight!

AFM, I am starting to show a bit now, so I'm officially hiding it at work. I've been a skinny jean girl for a while now, dressing them up for work and such, and they're fitting differently now (also not the most forgiving cut of pants!) New pants are definitely in my future. I've been able to start exercising in the mornings again, which is helping me feel more like myself. I'm doing this program called The Bloom Method from Studio Bloom—anyone else heard of it? I saw it on Pinterest and so far I like it. I'm a pilates junkie, so it's nice to still get to do that. I'm paranoid about gaining weight too quickly/too much. What exercise routines do you all enjoy during pregnancy? Do you monitor your weight so you only gain so quickly? Now that my body is changing, I'm trying to adjust and curious what everyone else does.

20. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: I'm in the awkward between normal jeans and maternity jeans phase. My normal jeans are way too tight and maternity jeans won't stay up. Right now I have one pair of normal jeans that are pretty stretchy so they're not uncomfortable. I hope my bump grows a little so I can just move to maternity jeans!

As far as exercising - I'm a pretty avid exerciser but tone it back a little when pregnant. I try to get 8k-10k steps/day (hard because I sit at a desk all day!) and rotate between a few workout videos about 4-5x/week. My rotation includes a few Beachbody on Demand prenatal workouts, Suzanne Bowen's Slim & Toned (a barre workout), and Prenatal 10-min Pilates. I never monitored my weight with my first pregnancy - just generally ate healthy, indulged occasionally, and ended up gaining about 25 lbs. I think our bodies know what they're doing and you'll gain weight as needed! I didn't put on weight until about 16 weeks last time and then I shot up 10 lbs really quickly! I'm guessing the same thing will happen this pregnancy.

21. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@foodiebee: Thanks, I'm feeling better today. I made sure to take medicine last night and this morning and I think its working. I started only taking it in the morning to try to cut down on the medicine. However, I kept throwing up shortly after breakfast. I'm not sure the medicine was actually getting into my system.

@skinnycow: I've been wearing maternity jeans since 6 weeks. However, mine have side panels and belt loops. Since they are under the belly, I can put my belt on and that makes them tight enough. For work, I'm wearing my normal pants unbuttoned and a belt that I can barely buckle. I'm about to borrow my husband's belt, so that I can buckle it. Luckily, my shirt is supposed to be untucked, so that part of the pants cannot be seen.

I asked my MIL to alter several pairs of my work pants (uniforms) that no longer fit to be underbelly maternity pants for my Christmas gift. Unfortunately, I can only buy over the belly uniform maternity pants.

22. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@skinnycow: @skinnycow: I don't exercise during the first tri. I'm surviving. During the weekends, I've barely gotten 1000 steps as I usually lay on the couch or my bed for most of the day. Luckily, my kids love having me read to them, so I do a lot of that.

I go back to walking mostly with some yoga and pilates once I finally feel better. I've started at different weights for all of my pregnancies, but only got to about 160 with both of them. Hopefully, I can stay at that level this time as well. Eating wise, my first tri is whatever I want (usually carbs and fried food - chicken nuggets and fries). During the rest of the pregnancy, I eat as I normally do.

23. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Mrs. Toad: I bought a pair of side panel pants from target a couple days ago but those aren't working either - I need to get a belt I guess!

Totally understand on not working out during the first trimester. I've had stretches this pregnancy where I'm unable to workout also! And my diet has been horrible this time... I'm hoping I can get back to normal when the second trimester starts.

24. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@foodiebee: I am starting to show too. I'm a little over 13 weeks and we had our NT scan yesterday so I think we'll slowly start telling people, including my manager. I don't think I can hide it for much longer, I'll probably "pop" at 4 months or so which is soon!

That's great you're able to slowly start exercising again. With the exception of first trimester where I am completely useless, I'm a bit of an exercise fiend so kept a lot of my normal routine throughout both pregnancies. I ran almost daily about 5 miles until week 38, but I have always been an avid runner. Of course I slowed down considerably towards the end. The only thing I truly eliminated was HIIT cardio as it's too strenuous. I love pilates (!) but since having kids, haven't had a regular gym membership so it's just been cardio and weight training--we have a home gym with basic exercise equipment. I also did YouTube videos. I'm pretty strict about what I eat and exercising overall so maintained minimal weight gain with both pregnancies. Overall, so glad I kept my activity up, it helped combat pregnancy fatigue in the later months and also helped post-partum.

Currently, I haven't exercised for about 5 weeks though since my nausea became unbearable. Hoping to pick it up again once it's gone 100%. Until then, I'm totally fine with taking it easy and just surviving!

ETA: I took B6 with half a unisom tab the last two days and feel NOTICEABLY better. I'm not sure if it's the combo, or just getting out of the nausea phase at 13+2 weeks. Whatever it is, I'm going to keep taking the meds for another week or so! We also had our NT scan yesterday. Everything on the scan looked normal and they also drew some blood. Next appointment is mid December and then anatomy after that. I can't believe I'm already in the second tri, although this pregnancy has dragged on feeling so miserable.

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@SupernovaJ: I'm glad the unisom+B6 seems to have helped you, or at the very least you're coming through the nausea in general.

26. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Sams Mom: Thank you so much for that suggestion. I was at the end of my rope and needed a reminder to just look into already. So glad I did!!

27. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@skinnycow: @SupernovaJ: @Mrs. Toad: It's so interesting to hear what everyone else does! And that's how I feel at night, @Mrs. Toad, just completely couch bound and miserable, though that is starting to get easier. (I hope it does for you too.)

I've already gained some weight (5-6 pounds I think, I'm trying not to get on the scale too often!), and I've wondered if that's because of adding meat and more dairy back to my diet + not exercising as much + looooots of hormones from IVF and PIO. Everything I've read is so insistent that you don't have to gain weight in the first trimester that I'm trying to tell myself it's okay and every body is different. I'm learning fast that all this info on pregnancy is a blessing and a curse when it makes you feel bad about yourself.

28. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@foodiebee: Everyone gains at different intervals so I wouldn't worry about first tri weight gain at all. 5-6 lbs really isn't much and a lot of that might be from staving off nausea with whatever you could get your hands on. I gained faster in my first pregnancy, whereas weight gain was delayed with my second. It all evened out in the end. I also stayed off the scale at home and only got weighed at the doctor's office so I wouldn't think about weight gain too much. I always tell myself exercise and eating habits don't count the first trimester because I'm feeling so nauseous, so whatever helps I'm OK with. Your normal habits will return in the next couple of trimesters. I know, there is so much info out there!

29. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: I've read that it's totally normal to gain or not gain in the first trimester. Five pounds is nothing - try not to worry about it!

I also didn't weigh myself at home at all. I only get weighed at the doctor's office.

30. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

Just got our NIPT results back and everything is normal!

The sex is on results but we're finding out with our families next Saturday.

31. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@skinnycow: Yay!!

32. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@skinnycow: Such awesome news!

33. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@skinnycow: congrats! That’s great news

34. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

So I have another OB appointment on 26 December. It looks like I may not get any results from the NT type blood work until then as when I logged on my bloodwork showed see your provider for my information. Which is annoying as they would not schedule me before 26 December when I’ll be 16 weeks.

But I did get the cute Christmas ornaments I ordered for my dad and my in laws engraved on the back with a message surprising them with the news of a baby. So that was fun. I’d have liked to know everything was normal with the test results but I’m going to take a leap of faith and tell our families before Christmas without the test results.

35. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@SupernovaJ: @skinnycow: Thanks, ladies!

@skinnycow: Such good news about the NIPT test! It'll be fun to find out with your family too.

@MrsJBeeG: That seems like such a long time to wait. Can you call your OB's office and ask for the results over the phone? I'm sure everything is okay and baby is healthy and thriving, but as a fellow person waiting for results, that'd drive me nuts!

36. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

Ladies - question for you. What can I safely take for a cold I’m developing? I knew it was going to happen as there were so many people coughing on the plane ride to anchorage on Monday. I’m definitely developing a sore throat and stuffy nose. And I have to travel to Chicago for work next week too. I may email my provider but thought I could take Robitussim as long as it isnt the DM version. Just curious what everyone is tracking as I don’t have an easy resource to tell me.

37. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MrsJBeeG: That's such a long time to wait. I'm surprised they didn't release the results on your portal - that's how I got mine.

As far as medication - my OB says all over the counter medications are fine in moderation other than anti-inflammatories.. He's very relaxed, though, so not sure what other OBs recommend.

38. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@MrsJBeeG: My OB said the same as @skinnycow, that most over-the-counter meds are fine.

39. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@skinnycow: I got a digital book from my OB clinic and finally found the section on what I can take. My OB is very experienced and laid back too. So I’ll get some Robitussim without the alcohol in it and some honey and lemon to start drinking lots of hot water to help the throat. I know I really just get to suffer since there isn’t much to do for a cold - pregnant or not. But I may email my provider. My book also says that I won’t get the results from my screening until my next appointment but I may ask my OB if he’ll call me. But I may just wait. I waited to see this baby after turning down an early scan and i felt so less stressed. Maybe waiting for me is better for my sanity.

40. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

And as an addendum - part of me feels like it something came back high risk - he’d let me know already. He called immediately to tell me that I needed to up my thyroid medication as my levels had creeped up due to pregnancy during the same blood draw. And I believe the more invasive test (CVS) has to be done in a certain window - they told me from 11-13 weeks as they thought accidentally I was scheduling that and not the NIPT blood test. So I’m using that to reassure myself for now. 😀

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee