Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2019 Mamas!

1. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

Good appointment today. One baby measuring at 8+2. Heartbeat 170. Prescription for something to help the morning sickness. Next appointment is on November 19.

2. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@skinnycow: Yay for a good appointment.

3. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I'm so sorry. Enjoy the time you have left.

4. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Glad you had a good appointment as well! Hopefully the prescription will give you some relief.

I go back 11/21 for a blood draw for NIPT and 12/4 for my 12 week appointment.

5. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@skinnycow: @Mrs. Toad: so glad it’s awesome news for both of you!!!

6. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I understand and have been through it myself in the past. Sending you lots of hugs. It's so hard to make that decision, but you know in your heart when it's time.

7. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@skinnycow: @Mrs. Toad: Glad to hear you both had good apts!

AFM, I've been fairly miserable but am finally starting to feel better today. Even DH commented that I look more like myself. My emotional mood swings have been all over the place, lots of crying and anxiety over the changes to come. Thankfully even that is improving because I've felt massively guilty for not being excited and hating being pregnant so much (being sick every day is rough!). We've been married a decade, and the idea of how much our lives are going to change seemed to weigh really heavily on me. I couldn't seem to shake it, which felt so odd after everything we went through to get pregnant! I still feel very ashamed admitting how scared I am to become a parent, and shocked considering I wasn't afraid before we actually got pregnant! So anyway, I'm very glad to be feeling less nauseated and more like myself today.

ETA: My last day of PIO is Thursday and I CAN'T WAIT!

8. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MrsJBeeG: So, so sorry to hear about your precious dog. You are loving and kind to consider what's best for her, which is not always the easiest decision. I hope you feel better with the nausea too. It's so draining and probably doesn't help with everything else going on. Hope these last few remaining days with your dog are filled with love and good memories.

9. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@skinnycow: @Mrs. Toad: Ladies what great news about your appointments! It's the best seeing the ultrasound photos and hearing the heart beat. Will you be finding out the sex? We are Team Green for this one. At my last ultrasound, baby measured 8w+5d and the heart rate was 173 which is on the higher end for the old wives tales (girl vs. boy). Totally a myth because all of my babies heart rates were higher than 150 or so, but still fun to guess.

AFM, my next appointment is next Wednesday. No ultrasound this time, just blood work. I am 10 weeks now.

The nausea has been HORRENDOUS the last week, but in the last day or two, I've felt noticeably better. It still rears it's ugly head in the late afternoon / early evening, but I am functioning fine in the mornings. It had been about 3 weeks of all day nausea until a couple of days ago... feeling relieved but hoping I don't jinx myself.

10. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@SupernovaJ: We're finding out! We should know about 2 weeks after my blood draw on 11/21 which seems so soon.

I noticed all the heart rates were high too! My daughters was around 170 bpm so the old wives tale held true for her.

11. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@foodiebee: I've been so moody as well. Felt terrible for my husband who has been such a saint! My nausea simply made me cranky.... feeling awful all day for weeks will do that to you. I didn't even want to talk or answer questions! Lol...

I was super emotional as the pregnancy was nearing its end with my first, just knowing the chapter of "just the two of us" was ending. I can't imagine how much more emotional I would have been had we also had 10 years of marriage under our belts! DD was born before our two year anniversary. It's all so normal and expected... you guys will be over the moon when it happens though!

12. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@SupernovaJ: No, we've been Team Green for the last two and will do so again.

13. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsJBeeG: so sorry to hear about your pup. I had to put down my cat in my mid 20s and I was super broken up about it, but once the decision was made I felt alot of peace that I did not allow her to suffer and showed her great care at the end.

@skinnycow: both my boy and girl had heart rates in the 160s so I don't think it's very telling. It's super exciting to find out so early!

@foodiebee: I've felt this way with both my pregnancies and we had lots of time to think about it with our second. I think it's normal with such a big change. Congrats on being almost done with pio!!

14. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@SupernovaJ: @MamaBear87: Thank you both for your comments and reassurance! It means the world to me to know these feelings are normal and I'll adjust with time. DH is excited, and that certainly helps.

@SupernovaJ: My nausea is worse at night now too. Some nights I feel so rundown it's like I'm fighting off a cold.

15. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@SupernovaJ: I have a sweet friend who texts me most days (and is one of a handful of people who know I’m expecting) asking how I’m feeling. Yesterday I didn’t even respond - it seemed mean to text - I’m cranky because I’ve been feeling like vomiting almost any time I move or eat or drink for the last two weeks - how would you feel??? Didn’t help that I was stressed about the situation with my dog too. So luckily I know my limits and I kept it to myself ...

16. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@foodiebee: thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I know it helps me to know I’m not alone in these kinds of fears. My DH and I have been together for 4 years and I know he’s worried about the change from the two of us - he talks about worried about sharing me. And sometimes I think the same thing. Like why did we change the status quo and will it work? And will I be a good parent???? Then I also admit most of the time I get wrapped up about well who knows if it will even happen with our history of losses. So it just shows that pregnancy is hard for so many reasons. But worth it - I’m sure.

17. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

Welp, had to resort to the hair tie trick on my pants for the first time this morning. Looks like maternity pants are in my near future

18. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@skinnycow: I've definitely been using the hair tie trick for jeans (a week or two now) and mainly try to wear super high waist or stretchy waist!

19. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@SupernovaJ: I've mostly been wearing elastic band/high waist pants also! I guess I need to retire these pants until after this pregnancy.

20. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I'm so, so tired. I get home about 1.5 hours before my husband and between feeding the dogs, making dinner, and entertaining my daughter I'm ready to crash when he gets home. I don't remember being this exhausted last time!

21. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@skinnycow: I'm exhausted too. I could basically go to bed when I get home from work.

AFM, we graduated from the RE yesterday! A little shocked, to be honest. U/s measured 9w exactly.

22. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@skinnycow: @foodiebee: I am completely with you. Last evening I had to lay down before dinner - feeling queasy and exhausted. I got up for dinner but think I was asleep before 8:00pm.

23. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: That's great news! I'm sure it's a little surreal to be moving on to a normal OB/midwife.

24. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@foodiebee: Such great news! And new feelings I'm sure moving onto a "regular practice" from here on out.

I've been a little quiet on the boards lately. My nausea is just killing me... in the past few days though, I feel decent in the mornings. It's once the afternoon hits and into the evenings I get miserable. I'm also starting to get heartburn at night when I'm in bed (mixed with nausea) and just want to zonk out so I don't have to feel it. I am so excited for the weekend. It was also a really rough week at work. I'm heading into 11 weeks so I'm hoping the light is at the end of the tunnel!

25. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

So we did it. We said goodbye a few hours ago to our beloved dog. It was painless for her - I feel good about the decision for her but really just want her to still be around for me. So hard.

I don’t even want to eat but going to force myself to as I’ve found the nausea is so bad when I eat too late.

I hope everyone else is doing better tonight. I’m starting to get nervous about my OB appointment but it’s not until the 19th.

26. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I'm so sorry

27. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MrsJBeeG: So sorry to hear, I can't imagine. Hang in there mama.

28. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@skinnycow: @SupernovaJ: thanks ladies. Honestly a few days removed from that terrible day and I’m able to smile thinking about memories of her and I know it was the right decision for her. I didn’t even cry yesterday thinking about her. That’s progress.

29. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

Does anyone have really vivid dreams during pregnancy? Wow I had a weird one last night - color and so vivid that it stuck with me this morning. It’s been happening every few nights now.

30. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I had trippy vivid dreams while pregnant.

31. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I'm glad you're at peace with the decision.

Yes, to the vivid dreams! I had a weird one last night about going into labor. I guess the labor nightmares have already begun...

32. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@skinnycow: wow. That would be scary to me. I had a crazy dream that if was the early 1990s, I bumped into Tom Hanks in LA before he was too famous and we totally hooked up for several wild days. What?!?!? Never had a thing for Tom Hanks as far as I know.

33. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MrsJBeeG: That's hilarious

34. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MrsJBeeG: YES. The dreams are so intense and vivid during pregnancy! That was one of the first signs I was preggo. I get a pretty vivid dream maybe once a week. I usually never remember my dreams in general though.

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsJBeeG: yeaaa the pregnant sex dreams are always with someone you never would have thought of that way

36. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@Sams Mom: so you’re saying I’m not abnormal because of my dream (perhaps for other reasons as my DH would say :wink:) ...

37. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@MrsJBeeG: So sorry to hear about your pup, but I'm glad to read that you're doing okay and feeling at peace with it.

And yes, me too, for the vivid dreams, but mine are EVERY NIGHT. I wish they'd stop! I long for a good hard sleep without a dream that sticks with me when I wake up. That's hilarious about Tom Hanks though!

38. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsJBeeG: either it's normal or we're both abnormal 🤣

It gets weird when people you know in real life that you have and never will think of in that way star in the sex dream 🙈

39. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MrsJBeeG: OMG that is too funny... yes, the hooking up with celebs (or random person) dreams are so funny. I always feel so guilty but a part of me is like, I need to go back to sleep so I can see how this dream ends.

40. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@SupernovaJ: I felt the same - I woke up to ore and was like - man I’d like to know where this dream was going.

Is anyone else getting periodic tooth pain? I happen to see my dentist for a checkup and cleaning tomorrow so I’ll ask. But it’s so random - hurts once every few weeks on both upper and lower jaw on the same side - I read an article last night that it could be a baby stealing calcium and vitamin c from me so it could be pregnancy related. But it seems like everything can be labeled pregnancy related - which makes me think if everything is pregnancy related - maybe nothing is????

Really I just feel like I’m falling apart these days. Pregnancy is NOT for wimps.

Managed to eat a 1/2 baked acorn squash for dinner. I might start a book - Random Things I Ate When Pregnant”. DH cooked a lovely dinner but the chicken turned my stomach and the other items made me gag but the squash was lovely.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee