Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2019 Mamas!

1. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

Things are going well. I seem to finally feel better with almost no nausea. I still feel very full after eating dinner, even if I didn't eat that much. I don't feel baby much at all. I'm betting that I have an anterior placenta this time. I didn't feel DS early, but did feel DD early.

I'm glad to get back into a routine. Daycare started up again today. I enjoyed the time with the kids, but it's so hard to take them out by myself in this cold weather. We didn't really do a lot during the off days. Mostly just played around our small apartment.

I unintentionally managed to empty the crib for the next baby. I have been mentioning to DS that I should put sheets on the top bunk of his bed. I finally did on New Year's Eve, and DD decided to have her nap on the lower bunk. She then went to bed on the lower bunk and we have moved out of the crib. My only issue now is that they want to play after bedtime and DD is no longer confined. I caught her yesterday calling "Mom" and she was at the door. I kissed her head and told her to go back to bed. I tried to put her in bed, but she refused. She did sleep in the bed though.

Now, I only need to worry about potty training. I tried minimally one day, but DD is only 23 months, so I have plenty of time. I'm not sure if I want her trained before or after baby comes.

2. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Mrs. Toad: That's great news about the nausea! Interesting about feeling full - I feel like I'm starving all the time and I don't remember being this hungry with my daughter.

Today is our first day back to work/daycare after about two weeks off. I was getting a little stir crazy so I'm glad to be back.

When did you potty train your oldest? I think it would be easier to deal with a still-in-diapers toddler than a newly potty trained toddler with a newborn.

3. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@skinnycow: He trained when she was 10 months. We didn't have to train him for daycare until he was moving up to the three year room - Jan after an Oct birthday. He also was slightly delayed speech and had minimal interest in using the potty.

DD already asks to go on the potty and is put on the potty by daycare. She already has that interest and is much more verbal than DS. It was easier having two kids in diapers, but I'm already having to take DS to the restroom, so I don't know which I'd prefer. On the other hand, DS is completely restroom independent.

4. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Mrs. Toad: My daughter showed signs of readiness around the same age and we procrastinated and trained at 2.5. It clicked super quickly for her and she didn't have accidents at all. Hopefully yours will be the same and it won't be an issue with a baby!

5. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@skinnycow: Thanks. I'm thinking that it will probably happen before, probably during the Easter break. Daycare is off for five days then.

6. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

Hello! Sorry for my long absence. I take a few weeks off of all social media at the end of each year. I'm finally feeling better too. I haven't been sick in a week (knock on wood) and seem to have found a prenatal I can keep down (my fourth brand to try). A bump has definitely appeared! So I'm trying to learn how to dress myself for this new changing body.

7. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: This stage is so awkward because you're not obviously pregnant to strangers. People probably just think I have a beer gut

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

8. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

Hope everyone had a great new year! I can't believe it's 2019...

While it's great to get back into the swing of things, I totally miss all the down time I had with my babies! The next week and a half at work is killer for me, but after that, should be smooth sailing. But now that I'm back at work, the kids can't start school fast enough (next week thankfully).

My son is turning 3 in a few days and he's STILL not potty trained! But, he is peeing and pooping on his little potty by himself, just not 100% of the time. I do think he'll be potty trained fully soon enough but will let him take the lead. We've loosened up on potty training after trying boot camp two months back and he ended up holding in #2 for two days! And had major anxiety. I was hoping to have a decent break from diapers between baby #2 and baby #3 but it's cutting close now. I've been doing diapers everyday for the last four and half years if you count my daughter.

I'm still in that mini bump / bloated phase at 18-19 weeks. I only seem to "pop" if I've had a big meal which isn't often due to nausea. I've been feeling okay but I'm still taking B6+Unisom. I skipped a couple of days during the holidays thinking I was out of the woods completely and paid for it severely.

Hope you're all doing well mamas!

9. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I had my 16 week appointment late last week and I had gained five pounds since my 12 week appointment! I had barely put on any weight at this point with my daughter so I'm a little worried I'll gain a lot more this time around.

Also - I've had several comments at work that my belly has popped. I look clearly pregnant (at 17 weeks). I feel like I'm going to be huge by the end of this!

10. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@skinnycow: I feel like my weight gain fluctuated a lot throughout my second pregnancy. I gained rapidly some weeks, and then nothing for another week or two. I think it all evens out by the end, I wouldn't worry!

11. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@skinnycow: I wouldn't worry too much. I started my second pregnancy at a higher weight and ended up at about the same weight as my first. I think it will happen again this time.

I have no idea on my weight gain. I had an appointment at almost 14 weeks and was only up a few pounds. My next prenatal is at almost 20 weeks. Anatomy scan is next week at 18.5 weeks.

12. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

Hello ladies. Glad to see all the good messages.

Can someone remove me from the due date list when you have a moment. Sadly at my monthly appointment today - our little guy didn’t have a heartbeat. Our doctor warned us so we weren’t shocked but it is so gut wrenching. He looked so peaceful on the ultrasound that I’ll carry that memory with me forever.

Best of luck to all of you and I really mean that! - I won’t be on hellobee I don’t think but who knows - this pregnancy wasn’t planned and my DH swears (still even today) we are going to have a healthy beautiful baby girl before I leave my current assignment. There always hope.

13. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@MrsJBeeG: all the to you and your DH - you have such a huge heart and I so hope your wishes come true

14. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I'm so sorry. Even when it's expected, it's still not easy. Sending you all the hugs, and I hope your hubby is right

15. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I'm so sorry.

16. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I am so sorry. Take care of yourself

17. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I'm so sorry to read this.

18. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@MrsJBeeG: thinking of you and your husband

19. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I am absolutely devastated for you. I have so much hope for you. You will be in my prayers. ❤

20. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsJBeeG: sending all the love 💕💕

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I JUST read this thread and I find myself absolutely heartsick 💔 over your loss. I am so very sorry and I truly hope that your DH is correct and you will find your rainbow 🌈 soon. I am sending so many hugs and prayers 🙏 your way.

22. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@bhbee: @Sams Mom: @Mrs. Toad: @skinnycow: @foodiebee: @LabradorLover: @crazydoglady: @MamaBear87: @Kaohinani:

Thank you all for taking the time from your day to think of me, my DH and our little boy.

I can be honest here that I am crushed - the grief has been nearly overwhelming today. But I know that as time goes on, I’ll learn to handle this loss better. I don’t know what the future holds for me as it relates to a rainbow child but I honestly wish you all the best in your own quests to have healthy babies or to raise adorable kids.

23. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@MrsJBeeG: There will be easier days and harder days. I hope you and your DH are able to take solace in one another as you shoulder this journey. I can't imagine what you're going through, but I know HB is a wonderful community to lend support whenever you feel you need it.

24. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine how difficult it must be. Thinking of you.

25. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

June 2019 Moms

Megatherium: June 3rd
    SupernovaJ: June 4th
    Foodiebee: June 15th
    Mrs. Toad: June 15th
    Skinnycow: June 18th
    Mrs. Blush: June 21st

26. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@SupernovaJ: I'm team green as well.

27. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Not sure what happened there, had it on the previous page! Added.
    --------------

June 2019 Moms

Megatherium: June 3rd
    SupernovaJ: June 4th
    Foodiebee: June 15th
    Mrs. Toad: June 15th
    Skinnycow: June 18th
    Mrs. Blush: June 21st

28. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

How's everyone doing? I can't believe we are all around the halfway mark of pregnancy! I hit 20 weeks yesterday and have my anatomy scan on Friday.

If you were/are TG, did you opt not to see 3D images of your baby? In my daughter's 3D images, she actually looked like a girl, and my DS totally looked like a boy. I'm trying to avoid any clues yet I'm so curious what the baby looks like, not that the images are always accurate. I know for a lot of babies, you can't really tell with the 3D image either way. Not sure what we'll do on Friday...

29. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@SupernovaJ: I'm doing well. I hit 18 weeks last Saturday and am having my ultrasound tomorrow. I've never had 3D images of my ultrasound, so I can't say what I'll do.

I'm looking forward to making sure that everything is ok with this little one.

30. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@SupernovaJ: Also doing well! I'm 18 weeks and this pregnancy is really flying by. I started feeling distinct kicks a few days ago and now I can feel them from the outside. It's very sporadic, though, and I can usually only feel her when I'm in bed at night.

I have my anatomy scan tomorrow and am excited to see her looking like a real baby and not just a little blob.

31. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@skinnycow: @Mrs. Toad: So exciting your utlrasounds are tomorrow. Hoping everything goes smoothly, baby cooperates and is healthy.

32. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

Ultrasound went well. Baby mostly cooperated. Everything looks good and is reading a few days ahead. Baby was down low nestled into my pelvis. I go back in a month to get pictures of the spine. Baby was calm and wouldn't change position. However, no concerns because problems with the spine usually show up in the brain as well and those looked good.

Hope everyone else's ultrasounds go as well or better.

33. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

All went well at my ultrasound this morning. She's measuring a few days ahead (my daughter did as well and was born at 38w5d).

I have an anterior placenta which explains why I'm feeling movement pretty sporadically at this point.

34. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

We had our level 3 u/s today. It was pretty cool to see him/her actually looking baby-like! Baby was moving around and cooperative. Everything looked great except that they found a very small calcium deposit in the heart, an EIF. The dr told us that combined with our negative MT21 and negative AFP results, and the fact that she could only see it from one direction and not in others (leading her to believe that it was in the process of going away), she does not feel concerned by it. But she did tell us that if we Googled it, we'd find people worried about it with Downs. Of course, poor DH immediately looked worried. DS is one of his biggest fears. I've done a little bit of Googling (how could I not?) today between projects, and from what I've seen, there's basically a very, very low chance for DS when this is the only thing found and the blood tests don't have supporting results. Anyone else have a calcium deposit in a previous u/s they can share their experience with?

ETA I'm pretty sure I'm feeling movement!!!

35. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: Hopefully the calcium deposit resolves on its own - I would not be concerned either with negative MT21 results. Glad everything looked good!

36. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@foodiebee: Considering all of the facts they gave you, I would trust your MT21 results.

I'm still rarely feeling movement. Occasionally at night in one specific location. The ultrasound made me feel better knowing everything is ok. I felt DD at about 16 weeks, but didn't feel DS until closer to 21 weeks.

37. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@foodiebee: dropping in to say I had one show up on the anatomy scan with my second. I had only done NT so they offered me materniti21 which my dh wanted to do (I was less worried than him since we had a normal nt and only that one soft marker - But I understood wanting peace of mind). Came back normal and they did a follow up scan 4-6 weeks later and it was gone! I think a ton of people have these and until recently it wasn’t even detected.

38. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@foodiebee: Both my DD and DS had a calcium deposit in the heart detected via ultrasound, and my DS also had another one in the stomach? Liver? I cannot remember the organ. Since my son had two, they recommended we get another scan at MFM and it was still there. I did worry a bit but tried not to think about it too much. They were both perfectly fine when born, no issues to date and they are 5 and 3. From what I gather, it is somewhat common and usually disappears and poses no problems.

39. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

I had my 20 week anatomy scan last week and all went well. We ended up not doing any 3D/4D and generally, the sonographer stayed away from the nether-regions so we wouldn't get a peek. She commented that the baby is extra active. Next appointment is 24 weeks / glucose test... woo-hoo. I feel like this pregnancy is now flying by!

40. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@skinnycow: @Mrs. Toad: @bhbee: @SupernovaJ: Thanks for the responses, all! (And sorry for my slow reply. Having a hard time keeping up with online life lately.) Anyway, I had an apt. with my dr today, and she is unconcerned about the EIF and commented that the dr who did the u/s doesn't think we need to come back for a repeat scan, so I'm trying to let that + our other testing keep me from stressing about it.

I did want to ask: For those of you who have had a doula or considered one, can you speak to how you made the choice to hire/not hire one? We went to a meet-and-greet last week and DH is feeling like hiring one would be a good idea, but I'm on the fence about it. My dr today was basically like, "I don't mind them and you can do it if you want to, but our nurses are awesome and I think you could save the money."

The flip side is that the doula isn't a huge fan of the hospital where I'm delivering because she believes the C-section rate is high (which it is! I asked my dr about this, and she said it is high, but to remember that the state where I live has less-than-stellar general population health with obesity, high blood pressure, etc., factoring into the C-section rate).

My goal is to give natural birth my best shot, but I'm not opposed to pain meds; I just want to give it my best first. I'm at a loss as to whether a doula is for me.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee