Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2014 moms!

1. junebugmama

nectarine / 2019 posts

@sungirl: eye ointment is really to prevent bacteria, like STD's for instance, from passing to the baby. Now you get so many tests, they would certainly know ahead of time if you had something. Some hospitals are doing away with it all together.

@caity713: have you seen if there's a chiropractor in your area that knows the webster technique. Pretty successful rates of getting breach babies to turn

Just got back from my ultrasound. Baby is big, which we already knew. Avg guess 9lbs. They want me to try to naturally induce him. I will start all that stuff in a couple days once J2 is no longer sick. They said they will let me go to the full 40, with an ultrasound at 39wks. They believe he will be over 10lbs but under 11lbs, at that point.

2. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Mae: Thanks for updating the list! I wonder who will go next? @Beebug: Sounds like you will be busy this week! Hope your knee can handle it all and doesn't cause too much pain. Seriously, that's the last thing you need to be dealing with right now!
    @caity713: Wow that is stressful about changing practices at the last minute! Did they give you much warning? Hope the baby turns around for you and you don't have to deal with the ECV.
    @junebugmama: Thanks for the contractions app recommendation. Love your birth plan - it's so easy to look at and know what you want. We have a hospital form to fill out. I filled it out last time and no one looked at it so I probably won't bother this time but maybe I'll make something like you did.
    @cookie_dough: Also ate too much chocolate and other sweets this weekend! Luckily my appointment is not until Friday so I'm crossing my fingers that I can behave the rest of the week and weight gain won't be too bad.

We are finally starting to get things ready for the baby. I went through all the baby clothes and organized what I need to wash now and sorted everything else that we'll need. I took the cover off the car seat to wash it and DS proceeded to rip off a piece of foam padding attached to the seat. I think it's just for comfort, not safety but I'm nervous about using the seat now. I'm going to call the car seat company today because it looks like you can order a replacement piece of foam on their website but there is no photo or description so I can see if it's the piece that is ripped. I think if they sell replacement parts then it must not affect the integrity of the seat. Murphy's Law suggests that because of this the baby will arrive sooner rather than later so I'm crossing my legs and willing him to stay put another couple weeks!

3. caity713

coffee bean / 48 posts

@skipra: no, not much warning! I guess I somehow ended up falling through the cracks in terms of notification. I think it is because a few appt sago, my bp was slightly elevated so they were more focused on that. It's been fine since then since at least! I found out 3weeks ago and had my first appt at the new place last week.

4. iluvpink

cherry / 130 posts

@junebugmama: awww love the profile

5. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

gahhh my cousin posted pics of his daughter born today and it is making me so anxious/jealous. Trying to be patient and remember it will (at most) be several more weeks which is just not that long... but omg want to meet her rightthisminute. lol

6. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@Mae: I know! DH and I went to see our friend who gave birth last Sunday and I just started feeling like I want my baby too!!

@caity713: you still have a few weeks left! never know what can happen! And if u do end up needing a C section, at least you dont get your lady parts all twisted up

We don't have a birth plan written out but we discuss everything with our doc and so far we are on the same page. I don't think Ill bother to write one up because I know I tend to get all control-freak-ish about things, and there's a lot I can't control. I'm just going in trusting that God will work it all out and things will happen as they should.

7. junebugmama

nectarine / 2019 posts

@iluvpink: it looks like he's doing duck lips lol

8. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

Hi ladies!!

Just checking in a quick hello before bed!! Busy day #1 done! To the hospital for 8am tomorrow to meet with surgeon!

DDs 18m appointment was "fun". She was a real treat to have weighed, height and head circumference measured, then the needle, oye!! She got a barbie sticker after she was pretty proud of though.

We left from there and went right home for a nap, I napped too....which I needed, and was awesome!! Then when she woke, took her to daycare and headed to my appt! Guess who gained 4lbs in a week?! ME!!!! haha. 180lbs on the nose. bp was 124/64, higher top number for me, but not bad. Baby hb was lower in the 120's, DD did a big drop like that at the end too, weird!! Another check and no change from last week, both docs (reg doc, and resident) were really concerned about my knee and we talked about a plan for tomorrow. Apparently (they say) the surgeon is amazing, but is hard to talk to and won't likely want to give a preggo the time of day. The goal is to convince him (good luck to me?) that I don't need an MRI, just go right to booking a scope. That way there's no before or after baby decision making on MRI. It's obvious I need surgery, all MRI is going to tell us is if I need more than a scope, which I do not have the ability to recover from right now or in the near future, so it doesn't matter for now anyways. If I get him to hear that, then the talk will be to ask if he would do the surgery with a spinal and local anesthetic and I would be awake through the surgery. The thought of that doesn't thrill me, but I'm open to whatever it takes at this point. We will see if any of this comes to life tomorrow and what he has to say before I go laying out this grand plan for him for me.

I read through today's posts, thanks for well wishes ladies!

I am also in the no birth plan club. Very lax in terms of what goes on, worked last time and I am definitely not in to this for any experience or going against norms where I am, healthy babes is #1, no matter what that means for me in terms of pain management if necessary.

My neighbour had her baby today!! Girl! 9lbs 4oz! All doing well, I can't wait to meet her.

Oh! GBS positive again over here, sooo if water breaks, in I go! It didn't last time, so we shall see.

9. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@junebugmama: so cute! What exactly do they mean to naturally induce?

@Beebug: Hope your appointment is going well!

We set up a private registry on Amazon and now are going to buy stuff with the completion discount. Not sure if we should get a convertible car seat or just wait. It's probably the best price we could get on it and we could use occasionally it for DS in our other car but would also be nice to put off the expense. My parents bought DS's for his bday present but we won't know if this baby will need it sooner. What are all of you doing?

10. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@skipra: I wish I knew I wouldn't use the bucket for as little time as I did. I know it's personal preference, but I wish someone told me to get the convertible sooner. I didn't even put it on registry, or have it on my radar! I would definitely just get it now, especially if price is right, then it's done? How long do you think you will use bucket for?

Back from appt. I am still sobbing.I could hear the doc seeing other patients as I laid in the hospital bed, and I could tell I was in for it. He was very impersonal, just getting through people as quickly as he could. Sure enough he gets to me, reefs on the knee, says it's not locked because I have some mobility and that "I'm fine". I'm fine? I'm usually pretty outspoken and not ever shy to ask anyone anything, but when with a pro at their given thing and they're there to help me, I don't know why I can't open my mouth. So he basically wrapped my knee back up in the immobilizer, said it should feel fine soon! I don't even know how that is in answer. I realize they deal with a lot of fakers, and probably over dramatic annoying people, but I am not doing so hot. So back to regularly scheduled waiting for MRI May 30th that was already booked before the knee started locking. I'm pretty upset and had a few solid sob sessions since getting home, I know the pregnancy really gets in the way here and I have to be mindful of that. Whether it is fixed before or after baby, if pushing is anything like it was with DD I am screwed, so I am not entirely sure how that will work, but again, a problem whether it was fixed before or after. So yah....nothing on the knee until May 30th....awesome

Going to feel sorry for myself on the couch here, and probably do nothing until appt at 1, and knowing what that appt it, it's going to be a solid bawlfest day!

11. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Beebug: I'm so sorry about your appointment with the surgeon. That sounds so frustrating. Are there any other surgeons you could see for another opinion? I don't see how he can say everything is fine when you can barely move. Is it very painful? Hugs to you. Hope things start looking up soon.

12. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Beebug: I'm so sorry about your appointment with the surgeon. That sounds so frustrating. Are there any other surgeons you could see for another opinion? I don't see how he can say everything is fine when you can barely move. Is it very painful? Hugs to you. Hope things start looking up soon.

13. iluvpink

cherry / 130 posts

@Beebug: Glad all went well with your DD. I am sorry about your appointment. I cant believe he did not do more for you, maybe he was afraid because of your pregnancy??? IDK either way I am sorry, lady

14. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Beebug: So sorry about your lousy appointment. I agree with @twodoghouse: about seeing if you can get a second opinion. I had to see several doctors before figuring out what was wrong with my knee. One even looked at the exact same MRI and said nothing was wrong and the doctor that fixed it saw the problem in half a second. I hope your appointment this afternoon is a lot less difficult.
    How long did you use your bucket seat? We used ours for a little over a year because DS is so small. We mostly left it in the car rather than carrying him around in it though. This baby definitely seem bigger so far so I don't know how long we'll be able to use it this time. I am leaning towards just buying the convertible now.

15. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@skipra: I only used it until 4m or so! I hated lugging it around!! I switched her (rear facing obv) to the convertible and got her in/out as needed, tucked her into the carrier if I was going out, and we were lucky she was so transferable taking her out of that, and into her crib if we arrived home and she was napping.

Thanks ladies. The guy today was because of the ER visit, at this point, I am back to my "regular" plan of waiting for MRI May 30th and then the Ortho my doc referred me too will take over, which was totally fine (I was dealing with the pain and how the knee limited me) until it started locking up, which of course triggered the ER visit last week, and where I am at today. So back to the regular plan (and now a 2nd opinion I guess) but just have to wait with the additional pain/awfulness of right now.

16. cookie_dough

kiwi / 619 posts

@Beebug: ughhh, Im sorry that you had such an awful appointment :-( I didnt even think of the aspect of "pushing" and how your knee would affect that...all I could think of was running after an active toddler! Maybe an epidural will help (if you are planning on getting one...I can't remember) you not feel the pain in your knee? Although won't help if you knee is locking I guess!

We had a rough morning today. DD came home from daycare with a fever and bad cough yesterday, and I had to scramble to find someone to watch her today since I really can't take a day off work (only 7 left to go...and I have the day off friday and will be in late tomorrow since I have a doctor's appointment). So my MIL is watching her...hopefully she's feeling better by tomorrow (although she doesn't go to daycare thursdays anyways, my mom watches her). Poor thing, she was up before 6 this morning and looked miserable.

17. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@cookie_dough: Hmm. I never thought of having epi and then not feeling the knee. I had one with DD, was open to trying to not have one, but maybe for pain on the knee we can just plan for it. I don't want to imagine the after that wears off pain on it though, oye. Will ask at appt next week!

Eeep about DD. Hope she is okay!

18. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Beebug: omg I'm so sorry the surgeon was a dick. Ugh. I've had a few good doctors. And some really bad ones too. I feel like they should have to pass a "basic human decency" test to work with people.

@skipra: We have an infant seat for my car and I think we're going straight to convertible for DH's car (which she'll not be in hardly at all until she starts daycare at 4mo). We'll prob wait on a convertible for my car until the infant seat starts to annoy me.

@cookie_dough: poor DD Sorry you're having a rough mid-week.

So, I am actually having a pretty good day. Had a midwife appt this morning and all is well with baby and me. I've been sorta crampy for the last 3 days but I honestly can't tell if it is pregnancy related or GI related and midwife said at this point could be either lol. Also she could totally tell that baby dropped this weekend. I don't think I mentioned here but I felt her drop overnight Saturday, and actually forgot to mention at the appointment but as soon as she measured me she said I was smaller than last week and based on baby's position she thinks she dropped. I was like, oh yea I think so too! haha. Not that it necessarily means anything, but nice to know baby is getting ready. Said to keep up with my walking/yoga ball/RRL tea/EPO to make things easy on LO whenever she decides to arrive

Also had my fire station check of my car seat today. I was a little stressed about it bc we had it installed in the drivers side latch position and on the phone the lady had said she wanted to move it to a center seatbelt install. But turns out you can't really get the seat level in the center of my car anyways so back to drivers latch, and it was installed correctly anyways. So, yay!

19. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

Sorry I haven't read everything above. Just a quick update. Im on my way to hospital for 24 hr observation. Been feeling dizzy and lightheaded for many days now off and on and decided to inform my doc. Got bloodwork done yesterday and everything was normal but lightheadedness is pretty constant since last night. So he told me to come in immediately. Will keep u all updated!

20. cookie_dough

kiwi / 619 posts

@Glitter: oh no! Hope everything is ok and that you get to go home soon

@Mae: You are making me want to get our car seats checked! I trusted DH to do it (since I"m useless at that kind of thing)...I'm really hoping they are in right. I don't think our local firestations offer that service anymore. Glad you had a good appointment! I can't figure out if baby has dropped or not. I'm feeling a lot of pressure, but I don't think I look like I've dropped.

21. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Glitter: aw, definitely keep us updated! Fingers crossed that everything is good with you and baby!

@cookie_dough: Our car seat was installed correctly just from us following the manual, so if you guys followed yours I'm sure it is fine! Honestly with the latch system I'm not quite sure how you could mess it up because it is pretty easy. Maybe if you got the leveling off? The only change she had for ours was to tighten it a bit more. Ours was pretty tight but she actually climbed into the back seat and put her knee on top of the base to squish it down into the seat and get it tighter so it didn't move at all. I thought that was a good trick!

Re: dropping... I don't think I look it either? I'll attach pics below to compare. It's hard to tell bc they are such different outfits but 37 weeks is the dress and 38 weeks (this morning) is the pink shirt. I felt like she dropped because when I woke up Sunday morning I felt pelvic pressure I had not previously felt at all, and when I felt around her butt felt about 3" lower than usual to me. Although in the last few days she's been moving a lot and it's harder to even tell where her butt is!

22. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Glitter: I'll be sending you and baby good thoughts. Keep us updated if you're able!

@Mae: Glad your appt went well and the car seat check went well too! Exciting about dropping! I think I can sort of see a difference between the pics. Your bump looks so cute and perfectly sized for 38 weeks too! I'm jealous - I've hit beached whale status.

23. anandam

kiwi / 687 posts

OH boy I keep falling so behind!
    We're doing okay here, 37+3 today, had a normal appointment yesterday, measuring 44cm/wks apparently! Midwives had me schedule an MD consultation and sono for next week to decide whether or not we're candidates for the birth center. Sounds like they have a 4500g (10lb) cut-off for estimated weight, and we'll probably get risked out, but the normal L&D floor sounds okay, so I think we just have to surrender to all the parts of this outside our control!

@junebugmama: Are they talking about induction at 40wks? I'm so confused by the messages I'm getting from our people about the plan for our baby, who is also nearing 9lbs at this point. We're kind of taking it day by day and hoping baby just comes before s/he outgrows my pelvis, but I can still feel everyone's anxiety about it, which I hate. How are you feeling about it all? Does your last birth and doula experience help some?

@skipra: We just have the infant seat for now, but are saving a number of gift cards we've been given for future things like the bigger seat (and highchair, stroller, etc...) Our apartment is small so we're holding off on a lot of space-taking things. That said, DH has suddenly become inspired and convinced our landlord to let us put washer/dryer hook-ups in our bedroom. So we've just bought an enormous washer/dryer, our whole apartment is turned upside down, and the plumber is currently late... So by your Murphy's Law prediction, I'll be going into labor tonight.

@Beebug: SO frustrating to go in thinking you'll talk him into a scope and then just leave feeling ignored. I really hope some sort of miracle just fixes or you find a second opinion who takes you seriously. And if that doesn't happen, maybe they can just give you the epidural now and keep it going till delivery?

@Mae: Congrats on DD dropping! I think she does look a little lower in the photos. I'm also so impressed by how on top of everything you guys are. We haven't even looked at the carseat instructions yet...

@Glitter: Thinking of you and really hoping they figure it out!

24. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@twodoghouse: First of all, I saw your easter pic and you were adorable and not at all a whale Second, you have TWO of them in there! (still? come on babies! Let's get moving! haha)

@anandam: haha well I'm a little ahead of you. We didn't install the car seat until 37 weeks either (and didn't take it out of the box until we tried to install it), and I didn't pack my hospital bag until almost 38. I'm sort of type-A though too. I tend to stress when I don't have my ducks in a row, so doing this stuff makes me feel less anxious about birth I hope you get good news at your sono and your LO isn't too big! I'm sure L&D will be just fine if you end up there, but still seems like a bit smaller baby would be easier so I"ll cross my fingers for that for you! I'm slightly nervous I'm growing a monster-huge baby and have no idea since I haven't had any u/s since 24 weeks. I really have no reason to think that, but its just a random worry I have since I have no real proof to the contrary other than how big I'm measuring (which it seems like isn't really all that terribly indicative of baby size always).

25. cookie_dough

kiwi / 619 posts

@Mae: did you have a list for your hospital bag? I so can't think of what to put in mine!! I've packed a couple of nightgowns, tank tops, jogging pants and shorts. That's it. I seriously don't remember what I brought last time. Obviously underwear, bras, and toiletries will go in there as well, but aren't in there yet! Anything else? a few baby clothes...i think that's it?

26. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@cookie_dough: I did, but I didn't post it on here because I'm fairly sure I'm over packing haha. We live 30 min from the hospital though so I feel like I just want everything I MIGHT want. Also I am probably packing more clothes than most because I'm allowed to (and plan to) labor and recover in my own clothes (everything I packed is black and/or disposable in my view hah). Nevertheless, here is my list...

For me:
    1 nightgowns to labor in
    2 nightgowns to recover in
    sports bra and tank to labor in (for tub)
    Robe
    Maternity leggings
    2 maternity shirts
    2 nursing bras
    2 nursing tank tops
    2 pairs granny panties
    2 pairs fuzzy sucks with grippy bottoms
    1 warm cardigan
    shampoo/conditioner/body wash/lotion/toothbrush+paste
    Lanolin
    makeup and chapstick
    hairbrush and hair ties
    pads
    big dark towel
    phone charger
    playing cards
    notepad and pen
    snacks (trail mix and assorted larabars and cliff bars)
    kindle
    heating pad
    birth plan/wallet/phone will be in my purse
    boppy (leave in car and see if I want it)
    regular and body pillows (leave in car and see if I want them)

For Baby:
    newborn sized going home outfit
    0-3 sized going home outfit
    2 cute swaddling blankets for pics

For husband:
    flannel pj pants and hoodie (in case it is cold)
    basketball shorts and tshirt (in case it is hot)
    normal change of clothes
    extra boxers and socks
    toothbrush and deodorant (will use my toiletries if he wants to shower)
    swim trunks (so he can help me labor in the shower)
    ipad
    phone charger
    extension cord
    pillow and blanket (leave in the car and see if he wants it)

So we packed everything we could then printed off our last minute list of stuff we use daily and can't pack early, and that list is sitting on top of the suitcases (2 of them + the pillows + the blanket + the boppy.... dear god we're moving into the hospital). That list has on it:
    - toothbrushes
    - lotion
    - deodorants
    - hairbrush
    - phone chargers
    - kindle
    - ipad
    - pillows
    - blankets
    DON'T FORGET YOUR WALLETS AND PHONES.

lol so yea... I think I overpacked?

27. cookie_dough

kiwi / 619 posts

@Mae: thanks! Hahaha, wow, quite the list! Not sure how I would fit all that in my bag! Ugh, the granny panties. I hateeee them. I bought some for last time (had to be super high because of c-section incision), and I couldn't stand wearing them. So I tried to get away with wearing normal underwear and got yelled at by the nurses. Leggings, towel, socks! hadn't thought of those! I totally recommend flip flops...don't see them on your list I brought two pairs last time, one for the shower, one just to wear around.

28. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@cookie_dough: I've heard mixed reviews of the mesh panties they give you at the hospital so I thought I'd pack my own in case those ones suck too bad haha. I'm not really that big a germaphobe and the showers in the hospital looked clean when we were there so I wasn't going to worry about them for the shower (especially since I'm planning on laboring in the shower... I can't see me wanting to deal with trying not to slip on flip flops while doing that). But for waltzing around the hospital I plan to wear my crocs in. Ugly but so comfy and I figure if push comes to shove I can wear those in the shower too since they're rubber haha. My feet are always freezing though so I suspect I"ll spend a lot of time in my fuzzy bottomed socks. And yes I know. It really is too much I'm sure. I'm just.... crazy. lol

29. junebugmama

nectarine / 2019 posts

@Mae: I mean this in the sweetest way possible, reading all of that made me giggle.That's a lot of stuff!

@skipra: Lots of sex, primrose oil inserted in the vagina, and lots of activity. I might let them strip my membranes too, can't decide yet.

@anandam: My first guy was 9 lbs so I'm not all that worried about it. I've also attended a few births of 11 lbs babies, 2 who came out quite easily, and the other needed an episiotomy but the mamas got them out. I have more anxiety about getting pitocin than I do about pushing out a 10 lbser to be honest. They want me to try to do everything I can to nudge him out early. At 39wks I will have another ultrasound and then they may push me to medically induce depending on his size. For me it's a really tough call. I truly believe that my body is meant to do this, however, I think I would rather have induction measures than a c-section. I will get a few extra opinions if we get to that point. I would ask your care provider what exactly their policy and plans are for large babies.

30. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@junebugmama: I am totally aware that I'm ridiculous. I'm a chronic over-packer (ever since one ill-fated trip to vegas where I didn't pack enough underwear.. it scarred me for life and I can't ever go back lol). But I'm thinking of it as sort of a security blanket. Even if I don't use 99% of the stuff in there, the extras will be in the car and 2 small rolly suitcases are not that big a deal for my husband to bring in. So if it makes me feel more prepared and calm, I'm rolling with it. But yea. Thats why I didn't post my list before. Bc I know its too much haha.

31. cookie_dough

kiwi / 619 posts

@Mae: I'm totally an overpacker too! And I will probably overpack this time, but I just couldn't get started for some reason! We did pack a ton last time, and ended up leaving most of it in the car. But it was nice to know it was there, just in case!

32. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@cookie_dough: I felt like it took me a while to get started too. I'd intended to pack at 35 weeks but I was just overwhelmed by indecision. One thing I'm considering doing is reorganizing our bags. Right now I have one for me and one for dh/LO. I'm wondering if I should maybe do one for what I think is REALLY necessary and one back-up bag of stuff I"m prob overpacking on. That way if I have an easy birth and I'm home in 24 hrs as planned we don't even have to take bag #2 out of the car? Dunno. May happen this weekend.

33. junebugmama

nectarine / 2019 posts

@Mae: Your underwear comment cracked me up. I'm a minimalist I guess. I'm not taking much at all, but I also know that DH will probably go home each day of our stay and if I need anything extra he can just grab it. We aren't packing a bag for him at all.

34. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@junebugmama: We live 30 minutes from the hospital so we're not planning on DH coming home at all while we are there. Although my parents will be staying at our house so if we really needed something they could go get it or bring it the next day. But still, just seems easier to overpack and have everything I could possibly want no farther away than the parking garage haha.

35. gingerblonde

cherry / 184 posts

@Mae: My packing list was rather similar to yours - it's a full overnight bag, backpack and diaper bag (for me, DH and baby). I probably overdid it, but I'd rather have what I want at my disposal than not. PS - you look great in your photos, as always!

@Glitter: Hope you are doing okay at observation! Fingers crossed!

@Beebug: I am so sorry to hear about your leg. What a bummer, and it doesn't sound like the doc was ready to proactively help you at all. I really hope that things improve for you soon!

@twodoghouse: How are things going for you, lady?

I think I've been in board-posting avoidance mode. You know when they tell you that if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all? That's about where I'm at. I don't have anything too great to say, and I'm basically a miserable wench these days! I am in a tremendous amount of pelvic pain, I can barely move - tears on the way to the bathroom, etc. - and I am also feeling really strange in general (major stomach upset, getting hot and cold, excessive swelling) which just adds insult to injury! I am also no longer able to sleep in bed. The good news? I am breaking in the glider recliner in the nursery. The bad? I miss DH and my cozy bed. I have an appointment on Friday. If I am still measuring over 2 weeks ahead as I have been, I will get an ultrasound to hopefully get some insight into how big this baby really is.

@junebugmama: I have just begun the primrose oil and red raspberry leaf tea regimin, as well as bouncing on an exercise ball. Not sure if I'm physically capable of sex right now - anything else that is good to attempt in the hopes of encouraging a productive labor?

36. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Mae: Are you planning on taking your DSLR? (I'm sure you're thrilled to have more things to add to your list, haha!)

I've got my camera backpack which will have our technology (iPad, phones, DH's nook and maybe laptop for work stuff, chargers for everything). Other than that I just have my LeChamp bag packd with my stuff. It's just very basic toiletries and some (huge, still maternity) clothes to wear home. I'm super classy and have the babies' stuff packed in a gallon size zip lock bag, haha. After spending a few days in the hospital last month I discovered that I'm not really picky about hospital towels, pillows, etc. I do have a robe in the backseat of my car just in case and will prob grab both the my brest friend double pillow and boppy to have in the car too. My husband thinks he won't really need anything? His travel toiletries and a couple extra pairs of boxers are tucked in my bag. Other than that he figures his parents can bring him new shirts when they come visit if we're there for long. I did get some fiber bars to take with us though because I read someone on here say fiber bars helped prevent some of the discomfort of having to use the bathroom at the hospital? It's worth a shot, right?

37. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@Mae: better to overpack and be prepared!!! At least that's my theory.

38. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@gingerblonde: I'm so sorry to hear how rough you have it right now! I can't remember, are you off work? (I hope???) Not being able to get a good night's sleep is just the cruelest joke to someone so close to giving birth! In addition to the RRL tea, EPO and yoga ball, my midwives also have me walking every night (although sounds like that might be off the table for you too!). They also suggested nipple stimulation to move labor along once it starts... not sure if that does anything before you start labor, but maybe ask the doc or google around?

@twodoghouse: I'm not, actually! Mostly because it's really expensive/fragile and I don't want to worry about it getting lost/stolen/dropped/wet/etc. Also my confidence about my family using it is pretty low. My husband is okay-ish if I do all the settings for him, as is my mom. but on their own they will not be able to use it. And there is always like a 70% chance that it will be out of focus if someone else is taking a photo with it (I like to crank the aperture down indoors so I don't need flash, because that is external and even harder to get people to use properly, which means the focusing plane is really narrow). So all of that to say--- I just don't think that its worth taking there to have ill-exposed/out of focus pics with it and worry about it getting damaged or lost. I'm just going to rely on iPhone pics in the hospital. I'm a big proponent of "nice" pics (obviously) but also of the best camera being the one that you have on you and that you can use. So... thats my picture plan haha.

ETA: when I upgraded my camera I gave my mom my old canon rebel dslr so I may tell her if she's inclined to bring that one she can (she's more confident with it than my mii). And just leave it in the car to bring in for a few quick pics after LO is born. But I don't know if she'll want to worry about it, so she may not.

39. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@Mae: great about your day today! Nice to have car seat installation done and "approved", we need to get on getting the bucket and base back in my rig! We borrowed a base for DHs car with DD, and I don't even know if we will bother this time.

@anandam: lol on epi, now until delivery! I think I just need a flying chair, and then I'd be set, haha!

@Mae: your list is freaking amazing! I don't remember what we packed for #1, but I know it was enough, and I am definitely going to use yours to get me started! We live barely 10min from hospital, so I won't bring as much, and going to wear hospital gowns until the messy part is over! I didn't use a boppy the entire time when bf'ing DD so I don't even know any different with one of those!

@gingerblonde: sorry about how you are feeling, I know more often then not I am not feeling myself lately, and it's not fun. Hope it passes for you, soon!!!

Lol on underwear comments, I definitely bought some granny panties an won't lie, like wearing them now! Haha! I still would like to find a nice nursing bra. I just bought walmart cheapies last time, and nothing wrong with them aaaat all (I may buy one more) but it would be nice to spoil myself with a bit of a nicer looking one, for no other reason than making me feel a little prettier in a nursing bra!

Subs for dins tonight, DH and I going to spend some time talking, damn this trying to get back on track stuff, it's good, but so hard.

I brought my DSLR to hospital with #1, and definitely will again, but I just have a canon rebel t3i, nothing real fancy! I love it so much!

40. junebugmama

nectarine / 2019 posts

@gingerblonde: Yes there's a few other if you're open to them. Acupuncture is a known labor inducer, there are pressure points around the ankle and feet that sometimes create an impact (so a pedi or a massage), the enzymes in pineapple ripen the cervix, nipple stimulation (I'm going to start pumping this weekend), and you could also ask to have your membranes swept.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee