Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

@CocoLoco523: Welcome!!!!
    @PrincessBaby: You look amazing! Love your bump.
    @blackbird: I've come down with another cold too. It's just terrible. I hate not being able to breathe and I hate having to breathe through my month at night because then my throat gets dry and sore. Ugh.
    @LC: Yay! Congrats on your boy!

I haven't been following a bit so I'm a bit behind about whats been happening. Things have been good with me, just finished up a crazy bathroom renovation that took a bit longer than expected. But we are super happy with it now that its finished.

I'm 26+3 weeks now and am growing steadily. I go for my GD test on March 2nd and am absolutely dreading it. Any tips on making it a bit easier?

I don't really have much for complaints except for my back has been a bit sore which I think is causing my mild headaches and I've developed this weird rash/not rash on my chest. It doesn't really look like a rash, its more just red dots. They look like pinpricks. They aren't raised, don't itch and aren't spreading. It doesn't bother me except for being a bit unsightly. I've asked my doctor about it but she didn't seem at all concerned. DH googled it and he attributes it to increased blood. Have any of you experienced something similar? Also, I'm sorry if this is TMI (I'm a first timer) but have any of you experienced internal pressure on your vagina? It doesn't hurt or anything but just kind of feels heavy(?). And it doesn't always feel like that, generally only if I've been standing or walking for a long period of time.

What do you use for belly oil?
    I was using bio oil but thought maybe that might have something to do with these red spots so I've switched to straight coconut oil. I've heard olive oil is good too but I would be worried about it staining my clothes/sheets.

2. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@LC: Congrats on your boy! That evens out the month a bit Here's the updated list:

May Mamas
    May 1st: Poprocks7911
    May 2nd: Littlepeanut , Princessbaby
    May 4th: Ms. Badger
    May 7th: Macintosh , Mrs Sketchbook, CocoLoco523
    May 8th: LC
    May 9th: Blackbird
    May 10th: Xmaskidjr , Kick641
    May 14th: Rrachael
    May 15th: Keppa
    May 18th: MsHangry , Chanada
    May 19th: Mrs Lovejoy , Jetsa
    May 20th: Sunflower123
    May 21st: Septmomma12
    May 22nd: Doodlesmama
    May 24th: Daisyfay
    May 25th: Mrs Squirreld
    May 26th: Enjollah, Gogosnogirl
    May 27th: Tippy0707 , FSUAliss
    May 30th: BabyPenguinXO

3. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Tippy0707: I'm not sure about the dots, but yes, totally normal to feel "heavier" down there. And it will get worse I had a lot of that with my son. This one seems to prefer my bladder. I can barely walk without fear of peeing myself!

I use the Mama Mio Tummy Rub Butter. Though I may not be the best product recommender because I have a bunch of stretch marks from my son. My body just wasn't built for a 9lb baby

4. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Tippy0707: yes! I've been using afrin and it's so helpful. It was on my dr's list

I actually asked her about vaginal pain today! Since mine is mostly when I sit to pee, she said they're bladder spasms.

Olive oil is the closest to your body's natural lube and I don't think it stains? We used it, ahem, as lube and I don't remember problems with it. It soaks in nicely, better than coconut oil. I used bio oil with E but just use Cetaphil cream now, which is what I use all over. Sometimes I top with almond oil. My skin is so absurdly dry, it isn't even a stretch mark thing for me

5. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

@SeptMomma12: oh dear, being afraid to walk would be terrible. I have a cold right now and every time I cough I have to make a conscious effort not to pee my pants. @blackbird: my skin is so dry too (& itchy!) maybe I'll try out olive oil. I've been feeling like the coconut oil hasn't been moisturizing enough. Thanks!

6. blackbird

@Tippy0707: coconut oil is a really light moisturizer!!! It doesn't do jack for me in the winter

7. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

My DH and I just signed up for a half marathon relay (so 6.55 miles each) in October! I'm so excited to get back to running

8. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@CocoLoco523: Welcome and congratulations!

How is everyone holding up? 30 weeks and a few days over here, and really starting to feel tired! I get worn out earlier and earlier. I read about something called the 30 Week Slump which is apparently when you start feeling crappy - but it seems like it may just last a few weeks and then get better. I am for sure 30 week slumping it

I had a pick me up yesterday because I had treated myself to a mother's gift a while back and it finally came in...I bought 2 more wedding bands identical to mine and had the jeweler customize an enhancer for my engagement ring and I really, REALLY, love the way it looks and also the symbolism. I have a band for my husband and for each daughter:) I love that my girls are on my wedding finger too now:)

I hope everyone else is feeling okay and not drained of all energy as they hit the 30 week slump!!!

9. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: just out of curiosity, are you still running? My sister is a totally avid runner - like tracks miles on a calendar and how many miles a pair of sneakers has run and that's what determines when she buys new ones - and she's always doing half marathons, but not a full yet. She and her DH will TTC in the next year and she is basically planning her first full marathon before they TTC...She always wonders how being pregnant will affect her running or if she'll still be able to do it while she's pregnant. Just curious!

10. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@PrincessBaby: I wish but no, I never found the time between LO1 and getting pregnant again to get a routine in place. I ran the majority of my pregnancy with LO1 though and had no issues.

11. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Nice! I stopped running when I got pregnant with my son and never went back. I have it in my head that I will go back after this one is born...we'll see it that actually happens

I'm feeling pretty good over here. Still waking up every hour (literally) to pee during the night, which sucks, but at least I fall right back to sleep. I went on bed rest with my son the day I hit 28 weeks, which will be Thursday with this LO, so that feels like a big milestone to make. DH and I are actually doing a mini-babymoon this weekend at a spa, so I can't wait to have a couple of days to do nothing but sit by the fire and relax.

12. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: see the post above yours...I did the exact same thing we got half off our race entries so maybe...

13. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: I have to seriously front load my liquids or I get up all night to pee! It's the worst. @jetsa: I think i'd pee myself if i tried to run. I mean, i do when I cough/sneeze, LOL.

14. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: I'm not a runner! But I just wanted to say I've been in some mommy groups where there were very active women. I think that the best thing for an avid runner/athlete to do is go in with an open mind and understand that pregnancy is so different! I have read so much in blogs where women are just flabbergasted at how they have all these issues during pregnancy becasuse they were so healthy prior.

Pregnancy is exhausting. Having a new born is exhausting. Adjusting to being parents is a process! So the best thing to do is be open minded and understanding that it may take some time to get going again! If your sister can do that it will be really helpful! I also think it's good to stay away from winter/ late fall baby due dates! If she's somewhere with cold weather. It's tough not being able to leave the house if you need to get out for some sanity.!

15. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Haha. I missed that post. Maybe we can motivate each other!

@blackbird: I work in Manhattan and have been sticking to our block for lunch, but last week I had a huge craving for a place about a 10 minute walk away so I went for it. OMG I seriously thought I was going to pee myself in the middle of the sidewalk. My bladder couldn't handle a 10 minute walk

16. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: I hear you. I'm getting to the point where I pee before leaving my house, drive E to daycare (which is, um, IN OUR SUBDIVISION), take her in, and then get back in my car and go....man i have to pee again.

17. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Haha. No judgment here. I sneak past my son's classroom every night at day care so I can go use the staff bathroom before I grab him

18. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

I am 28weeks, mostly feeling good other than some back aches by the end of the day.

I am also feeling the baby move a lot more frequently! I think he's gotten big enough that even smaller movements are noticeable.

19. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

I am 27 weeks today! Getting your due date moved back 8 days makes it seem like the weeks are really dragging

I've got my 1 hour glucose test tomorrow, will I get results immediately?

20. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: lol I didn't have any of that until this pregnancy and I will be so sad if it continues postpartum, running and training for triathlons is the only exercise I've ever stuck to!

21. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: I got my 1 hour results the next day, but I think if your dr puts stat on the orders you could at least get them same day. I had mine done at a lab though, not in my doc's office so it may be different if they're taking your blood. Good luck!!!

22. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@PrincessBaby: the lab is in the dr office and I have a dr appt immediately after so I was just wondering if that's why they scheduled it like that? I can't remember what happened last time

23. blackbird

@jetsa: My GD test was done the same day! results the next morning (or rather, no phone call=good news). I love that they have an in-house lab!

I hope you don't! I had it after I had E, but it was really only an issue at Crossfit! Jumping rope, box jumps, etc. Never while running. But it's gotten pretty bad while pregnant this time around. Hoping it's not a huge problem postpartum! Even though I won't be going back to Crossfit for quite awhile!

24. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: I just had my 1 hour glucose this morning. She said I can call tomorrow afternoon for the results if I want. Otherwise no news is good news.

I had my 28 week appointment this morning along with the glucose test and c-section is officially scheduled for May 14. Crazy!

25. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@jetsa: I spoke w the nurse giving me my Rhogam shot (after my GD blood draw), she told me to call back later that night to the nurses line and I got my results! They do share EMR w the lab though...

@SeptMomma12: wow! Amazing to have the date on the calendar!!

26. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@MsHangry: I know! I'm still a little disappointed about not being able to try a VBAC but it's definitely convenient to know exactly when she will be born.

27. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: Why can't you try a VBAC?

28. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MsHangry: Interesting, I'll def ask tomorrow!

29. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: I tried three different doctors and all said I'm a bad candidate because my first got stuck despite hours of trying every position/trick in the book. I'm not a big person and I grow big babies. The concern is that if another baby were to get stuck like that, they feel the risk of uterine rupture is too high. Makes sense but I was still disappointed.

ETA: It's extra frustrating because my "labor" was actually pretty quick and not all that bad, especially for a first time baby. It's the delivery that didn't work

30. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: Ahh I see, I'm sorry about that. The disappointment is justified I'd say.

31. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@SeptMomma12: I agree with jetsa that it is reasonable to be disappointed. That being said, uterine rupture is a scary scary thing, obviously. Sounds like your providers are being cautious but not unreasonable. It does stink you have to shift your mindset about the type of birth you'll have though.

32. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Just reposting and moving my due date I think maybe we should move the ladies who have their births scheduled to the correct day but it is everyone's call.

May Mamas
    May 2nd: Littlepeanut , Princessbaby
    May 19th: Mrs Lovejoy
    May 21st: Septmomma12
    May 27th: Tippy0707 , FSUAliss , Jetsa
    May 30th: BabyPenguinXO

33. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@jetsa: maybe add it in parentheses. (RCS 5/1) for me. Repeat c section...

Inductions could be (IND 5/xx)

34. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: @BabyPenguinXO: I agree:). My induction is scheduled for 4/27.

@SeptMomma12: 5-14-15 is a cool bday! Easy to remember since it has to be rattled off so much:)

35. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Updated for scheduled births!

May Mamas
    May 2nd: Littlepeanut , Princessbaby (IND 4/27)
    May 19th: Mrs Lovejoy
    May 21st: Septmomma12 (RCS 5/14)
    May 27th: Tippy0707 , FSUAliss , Jetsa
    May 30th: BabyPenguinXO (RCS 5/1)

36. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@SeptMomma12: yay!!!!

37. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

Guys! In just over a month we will be making our labor and delivery board for the early babies!!!! My RCS is 65 days away!!!

38. blackbird

@BabyPenguinXO: omg it's coming soon!

39. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: You have such a great outlook!!! I have almost exactly 2 months/8 weeks and today I thought that I have honestly no idea how I'm going to get through it. I worked a 12 hour day and my feet were so swollen and sore and my body feels like an exhausted wreck. Every part of me is tired, and I can't even fathom how it's going to just get worse as my stomach gets even bigger in these next few weeks! I am a couple of days away from 31 weeks, and I feel like there is so much longer to go:(

ETA: I shortened my whining and removed the info about my husband being gone:) Probably too much info for the internet:)

40. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: I give you so much credit for taking care of a 2 yr old solo while pregnant. When DH was traveling for work in January my parents came by every night to help out. I can only imagine how happy you are to have him home! What does he do that he has to be away so long?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee