Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: (Edited) There's just not an 8-5 option for working on the water, and it's what I signed up for, so most days I don't even think about it. Just totally accept it. But I'm always worn thin at the end of the time that he's gone, and being very pregnant makes it physically tough too. Like I cannot get over how bathing a 2 yr old makes me exhausted to the point of passing out after I've worked all day, haha. I'm excited for him to get home bc I miss him, and also to catch a break:)

2. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: eek I know I can't stand it! I have weekly appointments for the next 4 weeks and then TWICE a week for 4 weeks! Then it's baby day! Omg omg.

@PrincessBaby: I missed how long hubby is gone! But mine has been gone since November first! So I feel for you! And im in the middle of packing all alone while watching a 15 month old!! So I totally feel for you!! I saw him for 12 days over Christmas but not again until a couple days before baby day!

3. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: OMG! Is your husband military? Mine is only gone for 3 weeks at a time, and then home for 3 weeks, and I am so worn out by the time he gets home - but I shouldn't complain bc when he gets home, he takes over EVERYTHING. Like I do not have to lift a finger. I go to work and that's my only responsibility, and he handles the rest. It is really exhausting working so much and being solely responsible for a 2 year old, some days I just think I'll die of exhaustion. My daughter has been doing fantastic in her Big Girl Bed and then suddenly the past few nights has started waking up and coming in my room 4 and 5 times a night. I have to get up and put her back in her bed, sometimes with a Time Out and screaming thrown in there, and I am just at the point of exhaustion and sleep deprivation where I don't know if I"ll even make it to Friday night when he gets home! Kudos to you for surviving solo for SO LONG. Do you SAH or WOH with him gone? I have done both, and even though I'm much more physically exhausted WOH, I was more mentally exhausted when I SAH and was with her by myself day in and day out. It's all tough! Hugs to you, mama!!!!

I had been considering taking a vacation day every other week or so until I deliver, thinking it might help with how tired I feel by the end of the week, but I took off Monday bc my mom was in town, and I am still just as wiped out - if not more with DD being such a turd at night - as I usually am. I usually work 45-50 hours a week and am on my feet a lot and I'm just really starting to feel it. My calves and feel ache so bad this morning!!!! I just had a pedicure on Saturday but I'm really thinking of popping in and just asking if they can rub my feet and calves.

4. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: I completely understand your misery. Except I have a husband at home to help out! Huge kudos to you, @BabyPenguinXO: and anyone else that handles it all and still gets through!

Random sidenote - how did your eyelash treatment turn out? I can't keep up with the other threads where it may have been shared, but I'm curious! Will you keep up with it? It sounds magical.

5. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: no he isn't military! He went down there to start working with his dad. He's in the Ironworkers Union. We are relocating there after I have this munchkin im a SAHM. I think the hardest part is being 2 hours from anyone I know. We moved to the middle of nowhere and I don't have any friends here. My family is just over 2 hours away. I spend A LOT of time at my moms though with appointments lately. But I have cats so I can't be gone more then a week. I will only be at my house for like 7 full days before I move! I have to go down to my moms for 2 appointments before I move. So lots of traveling!!! I plan it around my sons nap so at least he handles it like a trooper. I can't imagine working 50 hours and coming home to care for a toddler while pregnant though. Man!!!! Hugs to us both.
    I'm really struggling to get up the stairs to bring my son to bed LOL. That's getting hard.

6. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Agreed. I have a husband who helps out a ton and I'm still struggling! His "to do list" grows every night.

DH and I are heading away tomorrow morning to a spa for the weekend as a little mini babymoon. I am so excited. Have a prenatal massage scheduled for tomorrow afternoon!

7. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Thank you! He is home now and my life is 1 million times easier as of Friday night So I got the Novalash done, and I do like them a lot! I didn't have enough time to do a full set, which we had planned to do, because apparently they add 1 lash for each of your own eyelashes, and she didn't realize that I have so many, so she basically gave me a partial set (I had a sitter on a Saturday and had to be back for a certain time so she could do something she already had planned)...I like them enough to pursue the totally full set, so on Tuesday after work I'm going to get them touched up and filled in to a full set. I'll post a photo when they're done! It's really been nice to not have to spend so long in the morning curling eyelashes and all that mess I usually do.

@BabyPenguinXO: I'm glad to hear your family is relatively close! If my family was 2 hours away, I'd be there every weekend for sure! My family is 11 hours away driving, which equals 13 hours with LO:) And I've flown with her the past few months and I swore it off until she is basically a teenager lol. She is too wild and crazy to sit still on a plane and she was too excited to nap, so then she was a Crank Ass and I had to deal with her and luggage and it was just a nightmare this last time (oh and I was pregnant!). So we are a "by car only" family for quite a while. But I have a company car, an SUV that they provide a gas card for, and since it's for personal use as well, we are allowed to use the gas card on vacations as well...So we make the journey when we can and it's free:)

@SeptMomma12: I hope you had a FANTASTIC weekend!!!! How lovely to spend some time with just your DH and at a spa of all places!!!!

I'm a little over 31 weeks, and since today is March 1st, I just realized that I am going to have a baby NEXT MONTH! I cannot wait!!!! I told DH we have 6-8 weeks to finish everything, so we are really getting on the ball.

I finished my DD1's room, the girls' bathroom, and am about 3/4 of the way done on DD2's nursery. The wingback rocker gets delivered this week, and once we have that, I'll have a better idea of where everything is definitely going and get it finished up:)

I'm feeling like it's getting close/real, and am happy that stuff is coming together.

I continue to fantasize about her coming in 6 weeks and being healthy:) I picture myself texting my boss in the morning and being like "Well I don't think I can work today...I had a baby last night."

I also made a reservation for brunch at my favorite restaurant for the day before my induction is scheduled. Just to tempt fate to make me go into labor before then so we can't go, haha:)

8. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: It was so nice! I wish I could get a massage every day. And while I still didn't sleep any better, at least I got two mornings of lounging around in bed without a 6am "Mommy" wake-up call. The only bummer was we needed to leave earlier than planned today because of snow

So impressed by your progress on the nursery! We have the contractor and electrician coming next week to put up crown molding, change out the closet and put in the overhead light. Then the painter will come and hopefully we can start actually getting it together! Right now there's a big pile of "baby stuff" in the playroom.

9. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

Oh god we haven't even started on the nursery. Second baby for sure

10. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: That sounds AMAZING! Did they do a regular massage or was it deemed "prenatal?" The reason I ask is bc I had 1 "prenatal" massage with pregnant last time and it was super lame, too gentle to make me feel like it was worth it. I have been wondering if I can just get a regular old massage or if I have to get a prenatal... I'm sorry you had to leave early but man it sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!!! Oh did you guys decide on a name while you were relaxing this weekend? I actually decided to give my husband final say. I am 50/50 on our two names, and I overthink small factors a lot, whereas he will keep it simple and not worry about anything other than what he truly likes the best, so he is going to be ready to decide next weekend and will "consult" with me and we'll hopefully have a name! We did ask H which she liked better and she very clearly said "Hayden." Lol

11. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: It was called "prenatal" but the only difference I saw was that they had lots of pillows to make me comfy and the back massage was done with me laying on my sides. Otherwise a totally normal (and amazing!) massage.

Yes, we officially decided on Charlotte I had a bunch of names on my list but DH was immediately sold on Charlotte. It was our girl name for our son, so it's not surprising that's where we ended up. And we both love how much her big brother loves that name.

When we got home yesterday, all my son wanted to do was "hug the baby" - it was so cute. He keeps saying "I want to meet the baby today!" I have to knock wood and tell him that we want to wait another 2+ months to meet the baby!!!!

12. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Charlotte!!!! And I'm so glad your son is so so excited about her:). I don't think H really gets it yet, she mostly likes to touch my belly (usually with an ice cold hand lol) and say "Baby! Baby!!!!" I'm hoping by the time DD2 gets here, it makes more sense to her:). And I wonder if her saying "Hayden" will have any bearing on my husband's decision. I found it pretty cute:). And like your son, we can always tell her that she named her sister- which makes me swoon just like it did when I read that your son "named" the baby:)

13. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Yeah, he is really into babies, especially for a 2 year old boy. A bunch of his friends at school had siblings born in the fall, so I think he "gets it" a little more than average. I just hope this enthusiasm continues when she's actually here!

I really like Hayden. I hope that sways him too!

14. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@SeptMomma12: Adelaide was our girl name for our son too! There was no shaking it when we got pregnant again, daddy was dead set on Adelaide. I Am sure she will be called "Addie" for short.

15. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: @PrincessBaby: @BabyPenguinXO: Love all the name choices!!! So darling and perfect!

16. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: Love, love, love that name! Such a great nickname too.

17. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: thank you!!

@SeptMomma12: thank you! I love charlotte as well! I really liked Evelyn and FI was like.... NO. baha. Her initals will be AMP! lol Our son has 2 middle names because he wanted to encorporate his grandpa, and while i wasnt suuuuper close to mine he is deceased so we wanted to honor them both. Except i still have my paternal grandfather! Also, there is a "G" name trend amongst my fiances dad's side... all the guys are G's... fiance included. We picked our sons name without thinking about it. FI wasnt very close with his father until recently.. So it's kinda nice we followed a trend without intention! lol. My FI has his moms last name though, as does our son. And his dads family has already started refering to him as "Johnson" for example. Using their family name, and not his actual last name. My dads family always did that to me... they addressed all my cards and stuff as using my dads last name, because I have my mothers maiden name.

ANYWAYS.

60 days for me!!! I can't believe it! I'm so uncomfortable though. This sciatica pain... FI said go get a massage. My insurance wont cover the Chiro and thats more expensive and not guaranteed. I can try PT but that never worked for my pinch nerve after my son was born, but it would be covered. I might get temporary relief. At least a massage would be kick ass for my back regardless. LOL ugh.

18. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: SO CUTE! I love that nn!

Anyone else ever travel for work? Once a week I have to drive 2/2.5 hours away. My dr told me at my checkup this morning that they don't want me traveling more than an hour away after 34 weeks. I wasn't devastated, bc the drive makes me feel hung over the next day lately. But I told my boss and it was the first time any pregnant employee has been given a restriction like this and it's possibly turning into a whole big thing. I don't want to post many details, just wondering if anyone else had anything similar going on:)

19. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: I can't believe they're making a deal out of it! My dr's told me that in the past but nobody at work has ever said anything to me. It's always just been "nope, blackbird can't go". Totally NBD

20. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: Is 34 weeks early to have that restriction? I was pretty shocked at his reaction. And heavily annoyed to be honest.

21. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@PrincessBaby: I was given that restriction at 35 weeks last time, and you know you're delivering at 39 weeks so I assume that's how your dr got there. I was under the understanding that I was given the restriction a week early due to high blood pressure readings.

22. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: nah I think it's nornal!!!

23. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Just got the call I failed my glucose test 158 and they want 130-135. Followup is tomorrow morning.

24. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@PrincessBaby: I asked about travel when the dr office called and they said no travel after 35 weeks.

25. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@jetsa: aw bummer!! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the follow-up goes well and it turns out you don't have it! Or that it isn't severe.

I take my glucose test tomorrow and I called my doc to ask for alternative ways of taking it. My friend took hers a few weeks ago and apparently just had to eat a larger, planned meal in the morning (eggs, toast, OJ, coffee?). Seems crazy that that is an option, yet they don't offer it up freely. She said I might also be able to just eat a bunch of jelly beans. With my first, the test made me so sick, and so I'm hopeful they'll let me try something else. Did any of you guys do this?

26. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: I've heard of travel restrictions for around your time frame! Stinks that your boss isn't accommodating. Usually they are pretty understanding to "doctor's orders". Hopefully your boss is just having a day and relaxes after thinking it through.

27. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: thanks. I just drank the nasty orange juice, the test made me sick the first time but no symptoms this time....but now that I think about it maybe that is the problem.

28. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@PrincessBaby: my doctor gave me unenthusiastic "ok" to travel ~2hr away as late as 37/38w. She did want to know what my plan was if I started going into labor and couldn't drive myself back. I am also a first-timer with no family history to indicate early or fast labors. That being said, I hope your boss will change their tune, I don't think your travel restriction is unreasonable in the slightest.

@jetsa: Oh no! I'm sorry!! Hopefully you will pass the 3 hour test!

29. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MsHangry: thank you! I hope so too

30. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: @Mrs. Lovejoy: @jetsa: @MsHangry: Thank you guys so much! It's so reassuring that it's not unreasonable! My boss actually just called me a couple of minutes ago and told me it was fine...I just have to coordinate with my direct partner and make sure what I can't cover is covered. I have been so worried about it all morning and I had just talked to my husband about it and gotten all emotional and worked up, so when my boss called and told me all was good I ended up crying. I don't know why, I had no control over if and it was super embarassing. I was really worried if was going to be a case where I had to go out on STD at 34 weeks bc I couldn't perform 100% of my job duties. It's a long story, but that would affect some important things negatively and I was worried. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to weigh in and make me feel better

@jetsa: I am sorry your glucose test didn't go so hot:( are you repeating the 1 hour or do you now have to do the 3hour?

31. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@PrincessBaby: I'm glad it all worked out. I have to do the 3 hour. No food or drinks after midnight, blood draw and nasty juice at 9 and then blood draws at 10, 11, and 12 before I can eat.

32. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@jetsa: uh! Sorry mama. I am currently about to be stuck with a needle for my GD test. Will have results within a few hours. I have to be under 129.

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I have heard of eating a sugary meal! Eggs is a weird allowed option since it's protein. I've heard of eating a French toast and syrup or pancakes and syrup meal!

33. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: I was afraid you were going to say that I did the 3 hour with DD1 and it was rough bc my blood sugar was all wacked out. I'm sorry:(. Hopefully you pass and then it's definitely worth it!!!

34. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@PrincessBaby: I totally understand getting more emotional than usual! I was discussing Scarlet Fever and started tearing up because Scarlet Fever --> Velvatine Rabbit ---> if you are loved very much you become real

35. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

@PrincessBaby: @SeptMomma12: @BabyPenguinXO Love all the name choices ladies! We are still so undecided. Names are so hard!!!
    @jetsa: I'm sorry you failed the test. I just did my glucose test yesterday. I really hope I pass. That orange drink is so nasty. I didn't get too nauseous but about an hour after I had my blood draw I had a total sugar crash. I was super tired and got a terrible headache. I won't get my results until my Dr appointment next Monday. Fingers crossed.

36. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: I'm glad your boss came back with a better answer the second time. My doctor told me I can't travel 4.5 hours away at Easter (about 33/34 weeks), so I'm not too surprised.

@jetsa: Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed the 3 hour is easy and turns out well. My OB offers a choice of orange or fruit punch. It's certainly not good, but I didn't find the fruit punch too bad, in case you have that option!

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I've heard about eating jelly beans, but never in "real life," only on the internet. Definitely never heard of eggs and coffee!

I had a horrible day at work (total computer meltdown and spent most of the day waiting for IT) and then had to cancel dinner with friends because it's snowing again The 6 minute ride home from day care with LO took 30 minutes, and we were sliding all over the place.. I am so ready for spring. And wine!

37. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: I didn't even think to ask about easter. I'll be 32 weeks so I'm guessing it'll be okay and thanks Id much prefer fruit punch We're supposed to get a 1/2" of sleet and 6-8" of snow tomorrow I'm so over winter

38. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

I passed my GD test!!!! So happy!!!

I am almost cripples from sciatica pain ladies! I'm going to the chiro tomorrow. PRAYING it works out! He does prenatal work and sciatic pain. Ugh. I need this to go away!

39. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

I'm so paranoid that this stubborn and crazy active baby is going to be just like that when she arrives

40. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I am sorry you had a crappy day! And as far as spring - Amen! The sun came out here yesterday for the first time in FOREVER and I practically had to dust off my sunglasses:) I miss margaritas! I didn't even drink them THAT often before I got pregnant, but I guess bc I don't think twice about having a small glass of wine here and there for this pregnancy, I don't feel deprived of wine. But I wish I could have like a fishbowl margarita. YUM.

@jetsa: @Mrs. Lovejoy: Sending happy glucose vibes to you both today!!!!!

@BabyPenguinXO: Congratulations on passing your test! I'm sorry for the sciatic pain! I feel ya! My lower back and my FEET have also decided to join the Pain Party lately and I feel like a broken elderly person or something. I hope your chiro fixes you up

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee