Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2016 moms!

1. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@iheartleopardprint: @TrailRunner: @catlady: aw thanks girls. We're so excited!!!

@catlady: good luck with your NT scan tmw. I love being able to see LO on the ultrasounds! I can't wait for my NT scan appt. still waiting for insurance authorization.

2. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@iluvboba637: congrats on the girl!

I can't believe we are already finding out the sex of our babies!

3. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@iluvboba637: Yay for a girl!!

DH and I briefly considered being team green, but ultimately decided we want to know! Hoping we'll be able to find out at my NT scan next Monday. We'll definitely do TG for our next pregnancy though.

4. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

I have my first OB appointment and my NT scan scheduled for November 12.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures and making sure everything's ok!

5. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

Hi ladies, unfortunately I'll be leaving this group. Just had my NT scan and baby stopped growing a couple weeks ago. Thankfully I have a LO at home already, which is making this easier than my last miscarriage.

I'll miss you ladies, but I hope you all have a happy and healthy 7 more months ahead of you!

6. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@catlady: I'm so sorry to hear this, sending you lots of

7. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@catlady: I'm so sorry.

8. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@catlady: Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this Take good care of yourself.

9. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@catlady: I'm so sorry!

10. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@catlady: Oh I'm so sorry to hear this! Wishing you a quick recovery.

11. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@iluvboba637: awww, so exciting! Congrats!

12. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@catlady: Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. Rest up and give your LO lots of squeezes

13. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@catlady: I'm so sorry

14. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@catlady: I'm so sorry about this. Hold LO and DH close tonight

15. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@catlady: I am so sorry to read this. Are you Having a d&c?

Just got back from my scan and our baby has passed too. I'll be taking pills tonight to induce. I was having a hard time deciding what route. Ideally I'd miscarry naturally but my body shows no signs and I would rather just deal with it at home than have it happen at work.

16. atoz

cherry / 201 posts

@catlady: @delight: I'm so sorry for your losses.

17. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@delight: oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. I really wish the best for you with future pregnancies. I really had hope that it wouldn't end this way for you.

Too many losses on this board.

18. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@delight: Oh no, I'm so sorry about your loss too. I have a D&C schedule for Wed. I went with the pills for my previous m/c a few years ago and it was a good choice for me at the time. This time, I just chose the D&C so I could get it over with while my 2 year old is at daycare. I hope it goes as smoothly for you as possible and you have an easy recovery. Hugs.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

19. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@catlady: @delight: I'm so sorry, ladies. Much love and peace to you.

20. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@delight: @catlady: I'm so so very sorry for your losses. I'm just beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel of my loss so if you need to talk, let me know. I hope you both can find some peace and healing soon.

21. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@petunia354: I'm sorry so many of us have experienced loss this time around. I was never too confident with this pregnancy so in a way I'm relieved that this roller coaster is done. I wish you all the best in the future. I'm glad you're starting to see the light.

Good luck to all you May mamas. I'll be thinking of all
    If you and your babes.

22. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@catlady: @delight: I'm so, so sorry to hear about these losses My thoughts are with both of you ladies, and I wish you quick recoveries

23. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

Tomorrow will be 12 weeks and I'm going a bit crazy waiting to get there. I realize that disaster can strike anytime in the 9 months but for some reason 12 weeks is stuck in my head as a big hurdle, probably bc of the two losses I've had this year. Also, I'm really hoping that after 12 weeks I can look forward to less of the constant nausea and general feelings of discomfort.

Anyone else approaching & anxious to start the second tri?

24. atoz

cherry / 201 posts

@Autumnmama79: Very eager to start the second tri, although I've got a few weeks to go! I'm looking forward to comfortably sharing the news with more people outside of family.

On another note, I'm seeking out some different midwifery practices & am excited about a consultation appointment I have coming up in a few weeks! They do both home births & hospital births, and I'm hoping they'll be the support I'm looking for for an unmedicated hospital birth. My OB has been perfectly fine so far, but it's a large practice and, though friendly, feels a bit impersonal so far.

Anyone else have past experience with changing practices, or working with midwives?

25. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@atoz: So exciting that you're going after the birth you want with a midwife I will be starting with a new OB/GYN for this pg and will also be hiring a doula. I have lots of ideas as to how I want this birth to be different than my first (c-section) and am hopeful I will find a supportive doula who can help DH and I achieve that.

26. atoz

cherry / 201 posts

@Autumnmama79: Thanks! I'm hoping I like their practice. It's a bit of a drive but hopefully it will be worth it if it's the right fit!

27. lov2teach

coffee bean / 36 posts

Hi everyone! Haven't posted in awhile. I had an US due to some cramping when I was 7 weeks and you could see baby's heartbeat. However, I still haven't been to see the OB! It's absolutely crazy that they make you wait until you are 12 weeks to be seen. I finally have my first appt (at 12 weeks) this Friday. I have not gained any weight yet but have been very nauseous. I guess it would be nice to hear the heartbeat just to make sure everything is ok. I do have an NT scan scheduled for next week.

28. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@Autumnmama79: I hit 12 weeks this week also. I had my 12 week appointment yesterday and heard the heartbeat, so I went ahead and told work officially today. Pretty much all of our friends and family knows already, so no big announcement or anything from us. I can't wait to get my panaroma blood results to make sure everything is good!

@atoz: good for you! I'm sticking with my regular doctor bc I have been seeing her since I was young and she was the one that has been treating my endometriosis and did my lap so I feel comfortable with her. However, it is a really large practice, so I could have anyone at birth which kind of sucks.

@Autumnmama79: we can't afford a doula, so I am singing my husband and I up for some classes that will teach us methods for trying to go unmedicated. I have a very irrational fear of epidurals, so I want to do my best to avoid. I am interested to hear how your experience with your doula goes!

@lov2teach: good luck with your NT scan! I hope your nausea starts to get better. Mine has gotten significantly better and only really comes when I let my stomach get the point of growling.

29. littlecasita1122

persimmon / 1026 posts

I am 12 weeks today but really anxious for my ultrasound on Friday. I almost feel like you should be seen every two weeks during the first trimester just for peace of mind! I was never this nervous with my first pregnancy!

I decided to switch from a large practice to a much smaller practice - now I'm with one doctor only. I wasn't very happy with how the large practice handled my chemical pregnancy and everything just felt very impersonal so it was a good time to switch when I got pregnant again. I am planning to go natural again as I can't have an epidural due to scoliosis. My new doctor's very on board and supportive and I never felt that with the larger practice.

30. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@littlecasita1122: my NT scan is on Friday too. I agree with you that I wish we had more frequent appointments early on. Luckily for me, My doctor sees me every 3 weeks due to my previous mc but saw me at 5.5, 7, 8, and 10 wks this pregnancy due to bleeding.

31. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@TrailRunner: I was so excited to get my VisibiliT test results back. My dr called me back exactly a week after my blood was drawn. I answered in the middle of a parent conference. lol!

I have suspected endometriosis too but my dr was holding off on the lap since I was ttc less than a year after DS.

32. Mommyof2

pea / 24 posts

Hello! I am new in this board. I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. My EDD is May 5th. I haven't had any symptoms compared to my daughter. With her I couldn't eat or drink at all! It was nausea a vomit all day long. This one is so much better and enjoyable. I was told I was gonna miscarriage, twice. I was bleeding badly but fortunately it waS just a scare. No one in our family knows about it just my husband and I. We're waiting until 4 months just to be safe. I am bring treated as a high risk pregnancy since I have hyperthyroidism. Everything has been going smoothly so far, so I'm happy.
    I am sadden to read about all the losses in this group my prayers are with you all

33. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@Mommyof2: Welcome! I hope the rest of your pregnancy continues to be smooth and worry free

34. atoz

cherry / 201 posts

Thanks for the feedback on switching practices! We'll see how it goes--I'm not even sure yet if they're in-network for my insurance, but here's hoping! I'll find out more at the consult.

@littlecasita1122: Glad to know you've had a more positive experience now.

@Mommyof2: Welcome!

35. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@Mommyof2: Welcome!

I may have outed myself on Facebook accidentally, whoops! We had family pictures taken yesterday and our photographer posted some previews this morning. I thought I picked an outfit that successfully hid my 10 week second baby bump, but I have such a bump in the pictures! So far no one has called me out so I'm hoping maybe it's not as noticeable to other people. Or everyone is just being nice.

How's everyone feeling? I'm still so nauseous all morning long, then it sort of goes away and comes back after dinner. Next appointment is Tuesday!

@lov2teach: @littlecasita1122: @iluvboba637: Lots of appointments tomorrow! Thinking of you ladies.

36. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@My Only Sunshine: Today I've had the worst nausea that I've had so far. Almost threw up twice on the way to work. 9 weeks today. I thought I was getting off easy this time around!

37. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@Mommyof2: Welcome!!

@My Only Sunshine: Feeling alright. The nausea is almost completely gone, but I'm still struggling with the horrible fatigue... hopefully that disappears soon too!

I had my NT scan yesterday at 12w2d. Everything looks good, baby is measuring a few days ahead with a strong heartbeat.

DH and I had already decided that if the scan went well, we'd start telling people. I'm a little nervous to announce to everyone, but it'll definitely make it feel more real!

38. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@My Only Sunshine: fatigue is better but nausea is still there. I started taking Zofran but may stop and suffer through it. I decided nausea plus constipation may be worse!

39. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@tinyperson: I think my nausea is the worst this time! I don't remember it being this consistent and lasting this long. But maybe I blocked it out.

40. atoz

cherry / 201 posts

I'm just about 10 weeks, and the nausea got worse in the morning this past week (though it's better throughout the day). The fatigue, however, is knocking me off my feet by 1pm every day!

Anyone have cramping or mildly sharp little stabbing pains? I know so much is normal during pregnancy but some of still catches me off-guard.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee