Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2016 moms!

1. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@TrailRunner: Score! I love refinishing furniture. I'm still nervously waiting to be past 12 weeks before I indulge in any purchases - including maternity clothes which is making getting dressed a very depressing and limiting event

2. atoz

cherry / 201 posts

@TrailRunner: Love it! I love refinishing furniture. I'm waiting to do anything, but I've had an old antique dresser from a neighbor that I'm planning on fixing up.

3. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@Autumnmama79: I finally caved on maternity clothes. I didn't want to buy anything until I was 12 weeks either, but I figured that if something happens, I would want comfier clothes while I'm healing. And I wouldn't want to get worked up over uncomfortable clothes when I'm already upset. So I bought two pairs of pants. I live in them now. Lol

4. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@KrzyRiver: It must feel so nice to be wearing them and I like your rationale Gah. I need to get out of my own head! I have all these crazy superstitions going on and its really getting exhausting...

5. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@Autumnmama79: I completely feel you on the waiting until 12 weeks thing. I def am not buying anything else for a long time. My mom on the other hand...she literally bought two car seats, a swing, and a vibrating bouncer thing a couple days after I told her from a garage sale. Didn't even ask just bought! She also lives like 12 hours away so I have no idea how she thinks she is getting this stuff to me.

I am glad I am not the only FTM busting out of regular pants. The bloat is INSANE. There's no way I can keep hiding this from my co-workers for much longer.

6. littlecasita1122

persimmon / 1026 posts

Freaking out a little...I went to the bathroom an hour ago and noticed I was spotting. It's not bright red and not a lot, but it's making me super nervous. I was 10 weeks on Tues. Anyone else have spotting that turned out to be normal? I'm going to monitor it tonight and call my doctor tomorrow if it gets worse.

7. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@littlecasita1122: at 6 weeks, I had light pink and brown spotting for a week and then bright red bleeding like the start of a period every time I wiped at 7 weeks. I was sure the pregnancy was over but sure enough they found a heartbeat. Good luck!!!

8. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@delight: That's great news!

9. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@littlecasita1122: no advice but my doctor did say spotting without cramping is normal. I hope it's nothing

10. atoz

cherry / 201 posts

@littlecasita1122: I had brown spotting with mild cramping on and off from 5-6 weeks. If you're unsure, call your doctor & don't feel silly about it. Good luck!

11. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@delight: That's wonderful news!!!

12. atoz

cherry / 201 posts

Had our first ultrasound...measuring on track with a healthy heartbeat in the 140-150 range! So crazy to see it all there for real!

13. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

Well ladies, I'm officially out of this race. Baby stopped growing and the heart stopped beating. I go in for a D&C in a couple hours. I wish you all a happy and healthy 7 more months.

14. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@KrzyRiver: Oh I'm just so sorry to hear this! Hoping for a quick recovery for you.

15. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@KrzyRiver: so sorry! Hugs

16. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@KrzyRiver: I'm so sorry.

17. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@KrzyRiver: I'm so so sorry. Hugs.

18. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@KrzyRiver: I'm so sorry for your loss

19. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@KrzyRiver: So so sorry to hear this. Sending you warm and healing thoughts

20. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@KrzyRiver: I am so sorry to hear this

21. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@TrailRunner: Thats so cute that your mom bought all those things! Will this be her first grandchild?

@littlecasita1122: I'm sorry to hear this, has the spotting gone away now?

@atoz: Yay for a good ultrasound, happy you got to see your little babe

@KrzyRiver: I'm really sorry. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible and you may begin recovery soon. Hugs.

I had a really great long weekend. Got to catch up on much needed sleep, spend time with family and fill up on turkey. Still struggling though the nausea and aches/stretches/pressure in the belly, but constantly reminding myself it means something good is happening in there and baby is hopefully growing properly!

22. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@KrzyRiver: I'm so sorry to hear this! Wishing you a quick recovery

23. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

Heading to my second OB appointment this afternoon! I'm not scheduled for another ultrasound or anything so it should be a quick one.

I'll be meeting one of the three doctors that are in rotation at my practice... after meeting all three I'll be able to choose which I'd like for my primary. I've heard really good things about the dr I'm meeting today so I think he'll be the one

24. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@csross217: Enjoy your appointment today, sounds like you'll be in good hands!

25. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@Autumnmama79: Thanks!

Just got back from my appointment. They couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler, but my OB said that's normal at 10-11 weeks. I have a tilted uterus too which I think makes it harder.

Of course, it makes me a little worried and hesitant since we were planning to announce next week! Now we might wait until after our next appointment in early November.... Anyone else not able to hear the heartbeat via doppler yet??

26. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@csross217: they didn't do US? I had one time they couldn't find HB but they did US right away.

27. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@csross217: I think its pretty common before 12 weeks not to be able to hear heartbeat with doppler. Try not to worry!!

28. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@BandDmommy: No, they didn't do an US. I had one 2 weeks ago and saw baby and a strong heartbeat, so my OB wasn't worried and said it was just too early on the doppler...

29. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@csross217: aww, my OB has machine in office and he does it just for piece of mind. I'm sure it's just too early.

30. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@csross217: Oh man that's so frustrating! I'm such an anxious basket case that I would probably cry until they gave me an ultrasound. But I do think it's VERY normal and nothing to be worried about.

My next appointment isn't for two weeks and it feels forever far away. I hate this stage where you can't feel the baby and everything feels like a sign that things are going wrong. Today I don't feel quite as awful and I've been feeling lately, so I've been worrying all day that I'm about to miscarry. This is the same time, almost down to the day, that I found out I lost my last pregnancy so I'm sure that's contributing to my anxiety.

31. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@My Only Sunshine: Its so hard when you can't see whats going on in there!! When I was 6.5 weeks all my symptoms vanished and I was convinced it was over. Went in for an U/S and there was the little bean and heartbeat. I too had a really hard time when I was approaching the number of weeks as I was with my losses. Hugs! How many weeks are you now?

32. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@csross217: At my appt a couple weeks ago (9 weeks), my midwife wouldn't even try to use the doppler. I don't think they will do it until 12 weeks. Hopefully everything is fine!

@My Only Sunshine: I'm in the same boat. I've been feeling much better the last few days, but this also happened with my first pregnancy, which was a missed m/c at 10 weeks. My next u/s is in a week so I'm trying not to stress too much but it's so hard. Hopefully we will both see the little ones soon and relax!

33. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@csross217: My doctor tried to hearing the heartbeat at my almost 10 week appointment and couldn't find it. But he told me beforehand it would be a bonus and not to freak out if it didn't. He said they really can't hear it reliably until about 12 weeks or so. I definitely know it's still nerve-racking but I think very common that they could not hear it.

34. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@csross217: I remember them having a hard time finding the heartbeat with a Doppler at 12 weeks, so I'm sure it's common.

This pregnancy is kicking by butt. I feel 7 months pregnant instead of 8 weeks! So tired and I tried the B6/Unisom combo to help with morning sickness but that makes me even more tired. I think I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow for a prescription. I didn't use anything before but with two little ones already, I can't feel bad all the time. This is going to be a long 7 more months!

35. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@KrzyRiver: I'm so so sorry. So sorry. Lots of love to you!

36. littlecasita1122

persimmon / 1026 posts

@Autumnmama79: It stopped late Saturday, so everything seems to be okay. And I was nauseous as ever on Sunday so that reassured me even though I was in bed literally all day.

37. xInfinity

cherry / 240 posts

@csross217: my doctor won't even attempt the doppler until min 10 weeks because she doesn't like stressing people out if she can't find it. Even then she warns that it might be a bit too early.

38. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@Autumnmama79: @catlady: Thanks ladies. I'm 9 weeks tomorrow.

On the plus (???) side, I feel awful today. Never thought I would be glad to be almost throwing up on my drive to work! I guess I should have just accepted yesterday as a lovely break from morning sickness instead of a cue to freak out.

39. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

Thanks ladies! I'm definitely trying not to freak out, but that's easier said than done. My next appointment isn't for 2 weeks so I'll just try to relax until then.

On another note, what are everyone's thoughts on the optional first trimester screening?

40. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@littlecasita1122: glad to hear!

@csross217: I hope the two weeks passes quickly for you! I know it can be very anxious! What first trimester screening exactly? I was offered to take a blood test for generic screening (which I take next week at my 12 week appointment). Is that what you are referring to?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee