Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2016 moms!

1. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@TrailRunner: Sorry for not clarifying, I'm talking about the NT scan and accompanying bloodwork to test for trisomy... I was offered it at my appointment yesterday but said that I'd need to do a little research before deciding.

2. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@csross217: hmmm...I'm not really sure how my dr does it, but when I asked if we would have an ultrasound at my 12 week appt the scheduling lady said no. I was told it would be a "kind of long appt" and to show up with my bladder full so they could get a lot of urine from me and that I would be getting my bloodwork. I did opt to take the optional genetic blood testing but I'm not sure what it's called. They said it's 99% accurate. That's pretty much all I know at this point. I feel clueless

3. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@csross217: We did the NT scan and blood work with LO and will be doing it again this pregnancy, along with materniti21 (which I qualify for this time due to AMA). DH and I like to have as much information as possible. Plus of course I just like to see the baby during the NT scan. Otherwise, my practice only offers the anatomy scan and no other ultrasounds, unless they suspect a problem.

4. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

Hey guys, I have a lot to catch up on! First u/s today, and I increasingly nervous. I had a disturbing dream the other night that I had a miscarriage and I am anxious for that to be put to rest!

@csross217: This happened to me on my last pregnancy. I was prepared because I had heard that sometimes you can't get a heartbeat on the doppler early, but I can imagine it is scary. My dr brought me in the next room for a bonus u/s, but it turned out that I had an anterior placenta, so there was more layers to go through to hear anything-- and also I felt movement a liiiittle later than others with their placenta attached in the back. I'm sure its totally fine.

5. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@csross217: dumb question, what does the NT in NT scan stand for?

I think we are opting in for the first trimester screening. At this stage I'm still a bit of a nervous nellie and like to have all possible information. Anyone know if most insurances cover this? If I get it, I need to decide by my appointment on Friday.

ETA: @TrailRunner I feel equally if not more clueless. Even with the huge packet of info my OB gave me, I'm not sure what's what yet! Sometimes I wish she'd just tell me what to do... but she's good about empowering me to make my own decisions.

6. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@YogiRunner: NT = nuchal translucency

7. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@tinyperson: Thanks! I remember the doc talking about that now, and I think we're going to opt in to that and the bloodwork on Friday.

8. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@catlady: Did your insurance cover the NT screen? I want to do it, but am not sure if it'll be worth it or not if my insurance won't cover it...

@HazelEyes: Can't wait to hear about your u/s! I have a tilted uterus so I know it's harder to hear the heartbeat with a doppler, but it doesn't keep you from worrying!!

9. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@csross217: Yes, I think so. They did for my last pregnancy, and this time when I called to confirm, they gave me some weird answer (something like "yes, if the Dr deems it is medically necessary"). The nurses at my practice gave me the medical codes and and told me to call the insurance company and find out. Maybe yours can do the same so you can check?

10. xInfinity

cherry / 240 posts

@HazelEyes: I had an anterior placenta with my DD. Hoping this time I don't so I can feel those movements sooner this time.

11. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@csross217: I didn't do any testing with my 1st two pregnancies. I was fine with that and didn't feel it was necessary for me. So I didn't have another ultrasound until 20 weeks. I think I'm going to get the materni 21 test this time, but really I just want to find out the sex early. I'm AMA so I'm covered.

12. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

I'm not sure if we'll do any additional testing but I am AMA so we will have the opportunity. I'll discuss it with my OB when I go for my first appt next Thursday.

13. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

How is everyone doing?

I stepped on the scale this morning and I am horrified. It doesn't really surprise me that I've gained about 5-6 pounds bc during my extreme sickness I ate garbage and didn't exercise, but I guess assumed with all the vomiting I didn't think it would be so bad. I am stressed about what my doctor will say at my appt on Monday. I'm back to exercising now and eating better, so hopefully it will level off. Not sure why I am posting this I guess to try and make myself feel better?

14. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@TrailRunner: Look at me to feel better - I've gained 9 pounds and I'm almost 9 weeks. I mentioned it to my OB at my 1st visit and she said 1st trimester is about survival. I eat a lot to avoid feeling nauseous. She said try to eat more protein, but she didn't really look concerned. I have a history of GD so eventually my diet will have to be a priority. At this rate, I'm gaining more than I did my 1st two pregnancies.

15. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@Mamasig: thanks for posting this. Your OBs reaction makes me feel better.

16. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@TrailRunner: I've gained 6 pounds as of this morning as well. The weird thing is, at my last midwife appt, I mentioned that I was always insanely hungry and that I was worried I was eating too much, and she just smiled and said "that's good! It's better to eat." So I'm just trying to not worry right now and hope that I can get back on track with a healthy diet in 2nd tri.

17. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@catlady: glad to hear your midwife was happy about that! I have been insanely hungry too. I told my husband I have never felt this type of hunger before.

18. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@TrailRunner: Yes, she's pretty relaxed. I gained 40 with my 1st and she never said a thing about it. I am not making the best choices all the time, but you do your best when you feel like crap.

I already look 3-4 months pregnant. This is my 3rd pregnancy in 4 years. My uterus has given up early.

19. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@TrailRunner: That's awesome that you're back to eating better and exercising already!! I'm hoping to get there soon too. I also majorly over ate during the really nauseas weeks and have gained quite a bit of weight - am too scared to weigh myself!

I decided that this time I'm going to ask not be weighed at all at my dr appointments. I gained more than 60 pounds with DD and it made me feel really bad! I don't want to fixate or obsess about that this time. I'll mention it at my first appointment next Thursday.

20. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@Autumnmama79: it was like I just turned a corner last week! I got myself on a regular schedule with the Diclegis and since then as long as I take all of them right on time I feel great! I also got some tea off amazon that has helped with my indigestion and nausea. It's great! Of course I haven't been able to really get back to my running and since I get winded so easily I'm not sure that I will until post partum, but that's ok. I hope things turn a corner for you soon!!

21. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@TrailRunner: What week were you when you turned the corner? I need to see a light at the end of the tunnel.... I'm 11 weeks today.

22. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@TrailRunner: Sounds like you're on the right track! I'm 11 weeks 1 day and can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

@YogiRunner: The nausea and exhaustion has got to be coming to an end for us soon!

23. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@TrailRunner: What is the tea that you got? Sounds interesting!

24. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@YogiRunner: @Autumnmama79: I cooked (and willingly ate!) my first meal this past weekend would was ten weeks. I am 11 tomorrow. I still have bouts of nausea, but my food aversions are mostly gone. The exhaustion tho. That's no joke. I blame Diclegis for most of that exhaustion.

@catlady: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001MK8FHC/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1444929645&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=organic+morning+wellness+tea&dpPl=1&dpID=51u%2BT2XRjgL&ref=plSrch

I like the taste of it, but I bet it would also be good with some honey mixed in. I am really obsessed with teas and coffee, so this was like a double win for me. Tea I can drink safely and it helps with nausea!

25. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@TrailRunner: I'm so glad you're feeling better! I'm up 5 pounds as well, mostly because carbs are the only thing that sounds good... I'm still exhausted but am back to exercising regularly this week, so hopefully that helps!

26. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

Thanks @TrailRunner!! I wish I would've known about that tea sooner. And kudos for cooking & eating a meal!!! Tell us what you made? I can't wait to do that, and I know DH feels the same

27. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@csross217: thanks!

I had my appt yesterday and all looks good. HR of 144 and measuring right on schedule to the day, 7w 2d, so I guess I'm May 30. I have to call my insurance and see if they cover the QNatal, (which I guess is a different name for the Maternity21) since I'll be 35 at delivery. So I guess the hubs and I have to decide if we want to find out the sex or not this go round! We didn't last time and we both loved it, it was such a special, special moment...but I"m wondering if we should experience it the other way.

28. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@HazelEyes: Congrats! Happy you had a good appointment and were able to hear the heartbeat

Are any of you considering renting a doppler? I kinda wish I did with my first pg and seriously thinking about it for this babe. I'd love to be able to have a listen everyday!

29. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@Autumnmama79: I never have. I think it would stress me out if I couldn't find the heartbeat. But I do love hearing that sound.

30. iheartleopardprint

apricot / 343 posts

I don't think I'm going to rent a doppler, as nice as it would be it would stress me so much. And I survived two other pregnancies without one

My NT scan is booked for about 3 weeks time, I have all the paperwork for the bloods too. It will be the first time we have seen the baby, so I'm kinda nervous!

My morning sickness is getting better, although I am only 9 weeks so that makes me worry a bit It's less frequent, I was sick all day every day for the last 4 weeks but now it's less frequent. Although, when I am sick it's a lot worse. So go figure?!

31. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@iheartleopardprint: I found my sickness started to cool off a bit at 9 weeks too. It was less consistent then the previous several weeks. But now at 11+2 its still hanging around, some days worse, others not so terrible.

Hope the 3 weeks flies by until you can see the little baby at your scan!

32. iheartleopardprint

apricot / 343 posts

@Autumnmama79: that makes me feel a lot better! My doctor did say that it will settle when the placenta kicks in. I am definitely a lot more sick this time that the other two!

With my two other pregnancies I had a few scans before 12 weeks. So it's so hard waiting until 12 to see Bub! You are so close to the second trimester!!!

33. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@iheartleopardprint: Yes! I'm eagerly awaiting the second trimester. Everything has been slow as molasses these past couple months - almost there!!

34. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

Had my first appointment with my OB yesterday at 11 weeks (had a long chat and labs with the NP two weeks ago but this was the first time meeting my doc)! She did an informal ultrasound and we saw the little bean doing a jig and waving its arm, s/he looks great! All of a sudden this feels a lot more real and special. And I *think* I'm starting to turn the corner with the nausea. Hello 2nd tri, I think I can see you from here, and you're looking good!

35. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@YogiRunner: yay for good appointment! So glad you are starting to feel better. I'm still waiting. I feel like it will never pass though I know it does.

36. atoz

cherry / 201 posts

@YogiRunner: Glad you're starting to feel better, and congrats on the first appointment! When's your next ultrasound?

37. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

Glad to read that you girls are staring to feel better and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm nearing 12 wks and still have 24/7 nausea, fatigue, and now indigestion. Doesn't help that all I crave are super spicy foods because everything else is so flavorless so I douse it with hot sauce. Luckily no actual vomiting.

I got my genetics results back and everything is good. We also found out we're having a girl so we are beyond thrilled!!! I would've been happy both ways though because I always wanted DS to have a brother. But now I get to buy pink things!!

Can't wait for the NT scan - waiting for the insurance authorization for that.

38. iheartleopardprint

apricot / 343 posts

@iluvboba637: congrats on the pink!!!

39. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@iheartleopardprint: same thing happened to me. I posted on here the other day about how great I was feeling then puked the entire rest of the day! Never saying how great I feel again!

@YogiRunner: yay for your good appointment! My 12 week appt is tomorrow (a few days early bc of scheduling), and I hope they at least use the Doppler so I can know if everything is ok!

@iluvboba637: Ahhh! Congrats on the girl!

40. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@YogiRunner: That's great that you had a good appt!

@iluvboba637: Congrats on your girl!

I have my NT scan tomorrow morning, and we will also do the materniti21 test then. I'm feeling very nervous but hoping everything will turn out well.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee