Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

New Year, New Babes - January 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@SleepyMonkey: I would be to.. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

B has had an episode of vomiting most days over the past week. It is not just a small amount, it covers everything. It is starting to stress me out.

2. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@SleepyMonkey: you got this mama!

@Radish: are you sure it's not just spit up? L used to spit up in the craziest volume.

3. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@oliviaoblivia: I don't really know how to classify it, but it will come out like three times in a row and there is a lot of force behind it.

4. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Radish: Liv could soak her shirt completely with each spit up. I'd look at other people's banjos and wonder why they weren't wearing bibs. C is totally different and only has these tiny dribbles of spit up. Our doc said the difference was that vomit was like the exorcist.

5. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@oliviaoblivia: it is very exorcist like and it comes out her nose as well. I tried to take a picture of how much it was today since it is the third day in a row so I can show my doctor at her 2 month checkup, but it didn't really show it well.

6. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Radish: is she happy after it happens?

7. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Usually. We give her a bath after it happens most of the time and she tend to be chill throughout it then she wants to eat more after that. I sent you a direct message on IG of the amount.

8. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

Back to work for me today. I'm kind of freaking out, even though I really believe this is the best setup for everyone. I'm part time the first two weeks with friends and family coming to our home to watch E, and then she starts at her in-home daycare when I go back full time.

I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.

9. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@Radish: c was doing that eact same thing. I started feeding more often and she stopped. I think my letdown (=air) combined w too much milk made it so bad. When the air came back up everything else did too. It sucks though

@mfa_lady: Good luck!! Think about going to the bathroom solo, enjoying a coffee or snack in peace & conversing with other adults

10. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@sorrycharlie: yeah, I've tried to trouble shoot it with a few things. I always think i figure it out and then she goes on another spree. Luckily yesterday it was only normal amounts of spit up.

@mfa_lady: you got this! Taking the first step is hard, but as it becomes your normal everyone will thrive.

11. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

Just checking in quick to say I'm still alive just been busy with work/life/baby. I've been trying to keep up with the thread on my phone, but it's so hard to reply on there (especially one handed!).
    Hope to get back on here soon, I miss chatting with you all !

12. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@sorrycharlie: @Radish: Thank you, friends! My team gave me a super sweet warm welcome back and it's really great to be here. Currently I'm pumping for the first time here...GAH, there's a lot of crap to lug around and pack/unpack. But my parts (human and otherwise) seem to be working here just like they do at home, so we're all good.

13. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@HeartAbandoned: So glad the crib is going well! You're motivating me to try again with A.

@mfa_lady: I'm so glad work is going well so far! You've got this momma!

14. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@mfa_lady: glad you're having a good day!

15. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

Has any one heard from snowdrop?

16. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@mfa_lady: Oh good! I was thinking about you today and wondering how the day is going. So happy to hear it's a good day!

@oliviaoblivia: I have not.....hope she's doing well.

It's starting to really feel like spring time here which makes everything easier and happier. Are you guys experiencing warmer temps as well?

I downloaded a sleep book and have been really liking it: The Happy Sleeper. Nothing radically new or different, but I like the way it's organized and the tone. It made me feel so good to read about what is typical at this age and that it described exactly what my girl is doing!

17. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@HeartAbandoned: did you do anything to help transition to the crib, or just go for it?

I put the top of her bassinet in her crib. My husband thinks it's silly, and probably it is. We'll be traveling for Easter and she'll have a crib at my parents house, so I want her to get used to being in one before then.

Also, I do notice she's a little more drooly. She'll suck on a pacifier to fall asleep, and I read that can up saliva production. When she is sucking on her hand, her face will be covered in it.

18. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@oliviaoblivia: No but I keep thinking about her.

19. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@charmed: I know, it so hard to keep up but luckily it's slowed down a lot since the beginning!

20. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@mfa_lady: So glad it's going well!

I'm back 5 days full time this week after a mini week last week, and I already feel like a better parent so I know I made the right choice coming back to work. I'm just so much more patient / happy to be with both kids when I've had a day at work, and the weekend seems fun and relaxing instead of like 48 hours to get through. Also I love my job and am really excited about what I'm working on right now, so that helps.

Pumping at work is going okay, but it is definitely hard to make the time for it...this morning I was almost an hour late to pump just because I was in the middle of something and didn't realize the time.

21. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@oliviaoblivia: No

@Happygal: I hope it works for you!

22. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Guys, I just put L to bed at 7:30 and he is still asleep! Daycare has been making him exhausted and he's been napping a lot at night, so today I tried putting him down early. I literally just swaddled him, popped a binky in, and turned off the light, and he fell asleep within 10 minutes with zero fussing. This can not be real life / is so different than my crazy fussy daughter was that I am waiting for the other shoe to drop! I have no idea what to expect from tonight, hoping it goes well!

23. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@HappyBaker: wow that is great! I have no idea how to move up bedtime right now. I think it happened at 10-11 weeks naturally with dd1. Hoping it happens the same way with this one.

I am about ready to give up breastfeeding on my left side. It is so so frustrating because she is lazy abiut latching and falls asleep about 10x every time, and i literally have to make her cry for her to latch. Which means i have to scratch her foot firmly or flick it and that makes me feel like i am hurting her. Sigh. I can't stand this process, it takes at least 45 mins to feed her on that side and so much frustration. I am fantasiing about formula right about now.

24. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

@oliviaoblivia: no I was just thinking about her the other day, hope everything is ok.

@Happygal: A is super drooly too, she slobbers up her hands all the time.

@HappyBaker: Glad getting back to work is going well for you! And hooray for an easy and early bedtime, hope it stays that way.

@SleepyMonkey: That sound frustrating Could you just pump the left side and nurse from the right?

A had her 2 month check up yesterday - 23-3/4" inches and 10lbs 13oz, and everything else is good.
    She's gotten quite vocal over the last couple weeks - lots of cooing and baby noise, and she likes to have "conversations" with me And she smiles so much, sometimes I just make faces at her to see her smile

25. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

So L ended up sleeping 7:30 - 1:30, and then again until 5:15. We wake him up for the day at 6 so it was a little weird since he had just fallen back asleep and then we woke him up again, but overall I'd call early bedtime a success! I hope this is the start of a new trend.

26. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@charmed: i am strongly considering it...

For moms that give bottles, what is the process for a motn feed? What is your set up? Do you have a bottle warmer?

27. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@SleepyMonkey: I do it two ways depending on if its breastmilk or formula. For breast milk, I pump right before I go to bed so that I have a fresh bottle ready, and then I just leave that one out on my nightstand ready to go (since breast milk is okay at room temperature for 4-8 hours depending on who you ask). For formula, I fill the bottle with water and then bring one of those formula powder dispenser things with the formula in it, so when he wakes up I can just shake it into the bottle and it's ready.

I do breast milk for his first MOTN feeding and formula for the second.

ETA - I don't warm the bottles at all, L just takes them room temperature.

28. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@HappyBaker: thanks! Do you just do room temp bottles?

29. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@SleepyMonkey: yup! Sorry I realized I totally didn't answer that question ha.

30. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@HappyBaker: I've also started putting J to bed just before it's B's bedtime (so around 6:30-7pm) and she goes to bed really well. Hope it stays that way. Not telling you guys how well she sleeps at night because then I'd jinx it

31. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@HappyBaker: Did L eat when he woke up at 5:15? And what about when you woke him up for the day at 6? I keep reading that you can help baby be on a schedule by setting the time of the morning wake-up/first day time feed, but I can't wrap my mind around that practically. C woke up hungry at 4:00, so I nursed him, and he was back down around 5:00 (nursing + diaper change usually takes about an hour start to finish). He didn't wake up again to eat until 9:00. So, if I want his day time wake up to be 6:30 or 7:00, do I feed him again when I get him up? (And sorry if this is a stupid question!)

32. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@HeartAbandoned: ha I actually almost created a regular board post to ask that exact question! I didn't feed him at 6, mostly because our daycare mornings are crazy so it was easier not to, and also because he will eat everything offered him and then spits up a lot. 5:15 to 6 just didn't seem like enough time. But I don't know where to draw the line because usually he wakes up at 4:30 and I feed him again at 6 and when I was home with him I would feed him at 7 regardless just so our day always started at the same time.

33. sorrycharlie

@oliviaoblivia: @happygal: @MrsHansen82: @charmed: she's in our facebook group I'm facebook friends with her and it seems like all are happy and healthy!

34. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@sorrycharlie: I had checked the FB group but didn't see an update, so glad all is well!

35. sorrycharlie

@oliviaoblivia: oh I just meant if anyone wanted to tag her or post there she may be more likely to see it!

36. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@sorrycharlie: Oh yay!

A had her 2 month checkup today, late, but lovely! She's up to 9lb12oz, still small but growing, and 22 inches! She took her shots like a champ. She cried when they stuck her but afterwards and since she's been the same smiling, silly baby, especially after her normal late evening two hour nap.

37. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@namaste: glad A she took the shots so well! J unfortunately didn't. My usually smiley and silly baby was screaming from pain until I gave her some painkillers She's back to normal today though.

38. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@Pumuckl: So sorry to hear about J but glad she's feeling much better today!

I was expecting days of dealing with an upset baby. Everyone says that 2 month shots are awful.

39. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

I'm trying to figure out how to put the baby to bed earlier...so taking a poll!

1. What time is bedtime?
    2. What is your routine?
    3. Do you do a dream feed or an extra feed before you go to sleep?
    4. Where is your baby sleeping?
    5. Do you help the baby fall asleep (rocking, patting, bouncing, etc) or do you just put the baby down and walk away?

Thanks everyone!

40. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@SleepyMonkey:
    Bedtime is around eight.
    Routine is streamlined because she goes from happy to overtired in like two minutes. Diaper, lotion (she has eczema), PJs, nurse, pacifier, bed.
    No dream feeds.
    She sleeps in a cosleeper next to my bed.
    I nurse until she stops. Then put her in the cosleeper, she's usually drowsy. Pop in a pacifier and kind of hold it there until she's completely asleep.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee