Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

New Year, New Babes - January 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Raindrop: @oliviaoblivia: Thanks, it'll be fun. I really thought it was a boy this time, I have terrible mothers intuition so I'm not sure why.

2. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@Radish: I think you have given me too many clues!! So you, charmed AND mfa_lady are having another in the same year and month!! Crazy! Too cute.

3. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Raindrop: I think happygal is due in October too!

4. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Dudeeeee... Crazy pants!

5. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Raindrop: maybe i should invite DH over tonight. Kinda feeling left out of the pregnancy pageant.

6. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Yes baby number 4!!! I think all he needs to do is be in the same room with you this week. Haha. Teasing!

7. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Raindrop: it'll be him, me, and my best friend Mirena.

8. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Raindrop: @oliviaoblivia: I thought happygirl was sept. At any rate sept-december I think at least 5 of us are due. Confetti is in the Nov board.

@oliviaoblivia: lol. I wouldn't feel too left out. Pregnancy with a 15 month old is not fun. B is having a rough few weeks (teething, sick, wonder week?) and I just want to curl up into a ball.

9. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Radish: confetti too!? This is insane!

10. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Radish: Solidarity! E's getting over croup (still has a nasty cough that's keeping her up, my husband's out of town, and I am STRUGGLING. I feel your pain!

11. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@Radish: Wow!! So many of us!! So exciting!

12. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

I have baby fever so bad and you guys aren't helping!! Congrats all

13. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@HappyBaker: just give into it and join us

14. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@HappyBaker: SAME! But we've decided on trying for a third although we'll wait another month to ditch BC. I want my body to have some more time to recuperate this time to hopefully not end up on bedrest again. And 3 under 4 sounds even scarier than 2 under 2 did...

Congratulations to all the newly pregnant bees!

15. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@HappyBaker: @Pumuckl: +anyone else who said congrats too, sorry, can't see on my phone... thank you, thank you! excited and scared.

I do like the 2 year age gap a lot, so I'm going to focus on that instead of the 3 under 4 situation that's looming on the horizon...

16. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

How is everyone doing?

J had a really bad couple of days. She was only sleeping for the second half of the night (and that half sometimes was more 3/4 of the night) when on us or in our bed. Tonight was the first night she went back to sleeping in her crib. Hope it stays this way. But on the other hand it is so funny seeing her personality shine through more everyday. She is fierce and indepent and social and snuggly at the same time. And boy can she trantrum. I mean I've done this before but I've never seen anything from B that comes close to the hysterics that J gets into. I hope things will calm down more once she really starts speaking. She still only has a few words but is really starting to repeat things and has a huge understanding of words (much like her brother did at that age) so I am not worried.

One of B's daycare friends got a baby brother in April and yesterday was the first time that J really saw the baby. She was mesmerized. It'll be funny to see how she'll react once she sees my belly growing and the new baby. I really hope she won't be too jealous. Although I can see that happening as I currently am her default parent. We'll see...

17. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Pumuckl: Yes! B is into babies as well. No clue she has one coming, but I think she will be happy when her baby sister gets here. She tantrums frequently as well, but is very verbal (at least compared to DD1 at that age). We moved her to a big girl bed a few weeks ago and the transition has gone really well. She is a fairly good independent player, but she loves trying to do things with her sister. They really are starting to become little people instead of babies, I think if I didn't have another one coming I'd be a lot more sentimental about it, but for now I just love getting to know who she is. She is obsessed with buckles and how things work. She is a runner and explorer. She gives great big hugs and says "I love you." Lift and flap books are her favorite. She loves splash pads and any spraying water.

18. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Pumuckl: Stalking you - congrats on your twins!! And I'm over here worried about 3 under 4.

19. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Pumuckl: TWINS?! Holy f*cking wow!!! That's fantastic!!!

20. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@oliviaoblivia: @whiskers: Thank you ladies! Totally utterly surprising! There's no twins in either family. So I guess we'll be a family of 6 after all... (And of 4 under 4).

21. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Pumuckl: I'm totally jealous. I'd love to get four without having to be pregnant a fourth time.

22. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@Pumuckl: Holy wow! Congrats!

23. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Hahaha, I have no idea how we'll handle four. Maybe you'll have four and five in one go. As I just learned you never know.

@HappyBaker: Thank you friend. Quite an exciting time ahead of us.

24. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Can I just say that the 18 month sleep regressions sucks.

25. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@whiskers: Oh no I forgot about that one / we haven't hit it yet. Ugh thanks for reminding me so if it hits us I'll know what's going on! I hope it ends for your soon!

26. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@HappyBaker: I hope it spares you. B is already in a twin bed and sharing a room with her sister so it's a little trickier. Just riding it out at this point.

27. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Not sure if we are having a delayed 18 month sleep regression or an early 2 year one, but DS has been waking up between 4:30 and 4:45am for the DAY lately! We are losing our minds.

He still goes to bed okay, around 7, and takes one crappy nap at daycare, but wakes up screaming for us to go get him soooo ridiculously early. Yesterday we tried pushing bedtime later by half an hour and he woke up even earlier, and when he gets out of bed he is awake-awake ready to go, but then gets super grumpy / cranky an hour or two later. This morning we tried letting him CIO and he cried for almost an hour before we gave up because he was starting to try to climb out and we don't want to cross that bridge yet!

Have you guys gone through this? Did it get better? Any tips!

28. emilye519

cherry / 129 posts

@happybaker - similar story over here! Except DD was sleeping 2-3 hours at daycare (but not at home on the weekends) so we asked them to limit her nap during the day and it got a little better but 5:30-6 but I'll take it over 4:30-5! I'm 7 months pregnant so sleep is not great for me right now anyways never mind the crack of dawn wake up calls. I thought about transitioning to a toddler bed (especially because it's getting hard to rock her with my belly - I know, I shouldn't be rocking an almost 2 year old but she's still awake when she goes in her crib, we just rock and sing for a bit before bed) but I'm afraid a toddler bed will make it worse. SO no ideas, just commiseration!

We're also having some strong Mommy preference over here that I need to figure out before #2 gets here in January 😕 Not sure how to go about that!

I hope everyone is doing well!!

29. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@HappyBaker: We had the saaaaaaame thing. It lasted for probably a solid month--and I'm due with #2 on Saturday, so it was ROUGH. She still has never gone back to our old, glorious, 7AM wakeup, but most days now it's at least in the 6:00 hour as opposed to 4 or 4:30.

Unfortunately, we just had to wait it out. We tried a lot of things--shorter naps, longer naps, earlier bedtime, later bedtime...nothing really changed it. Although sometimes we did put her to bed a few minutes earlier because at least we got an extra 20 or 30 minutes to ourselves in the evening...and if she was going to wake up before the crack of dawn anyway, why not?

Good luck--I feel your pain!

30. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@emilye519: @mfa_lady: Oh man I remember when I was pregnant with L, my daughter was right around this age and was also an awful sleeper! Hang in there both of you!

@mfa_lady: So glad to hear yours is sleeping till 6 now, it's so pathetic that I would give anything to sleep till 6 haha!

31. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@HappyBaker: We went through lots of night wake ups a month or so ago. She would wake up earlier in the morning too. She's pretty much back to normal now. Hang in there!

32. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@mfa_lady: I can't believe you're already due!! I'm sure it's true the second pregnancy flies by!

33. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@turquoisemama: it totally does! Until you pass the day you had your first (3 days ago) and your due date (2 days ago) and then start wondering if #2 will ever want to be on the outside...

34. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@mfa_lady: Oh girl I know how you feel - I went to 41+4! But she basically flew out so hopefully the extra time is just prepping your body!

35. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@mfa_lady: hope labor starts soon for you!

@HappyBaker: sleep isn't quite as bad with J now at this age as it was with B at this time but she's spent quite a few nights in bed with us in the last couple of weeks. If we're lucky she'll sleep but we have also had nights were she partied in our bed for 3h or so. I hate those days

@emilye519: funny thing about the mommy preference. J is currently developing quite the daddy preference which is funny because before she would only accept me. Not too sad since once the twins get here I am sure it'll be dad a lot more often getting her ready for bed etc.

36. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

How's everyone doing? And how are all the new big sisters and brothers adjusting?

Things here are good except for some stomach bug that causes vomiting that both the kids have now caught. J seems fine again so really hoping B will be over it soon too.

37. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@Pumuckl: Oh i just saw this! Language explosion over here. Counting to ten and ABCs! It's so exciting to watch her learn. I'm also curious about the new babies! Still can't believe y'all are on round two or three already! I'm still exhausted!

38. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

Hey Ladies!!

C is awesome. Finally had her word explosion. She was starting to worry me. L talked much earlier. She is a very sweet little girl. I definitely have a soft spot for her.

Baby sister is a tank. She and C are only a couple pounds apart. C is very solidly in the middle of the growth chart and A is above the 99%. They wear the same clothes and diaper sizes.

A is ten months today and running around. Having three to literally run after is much harder than when A would just chill in the stroller.

Life is chaos, but the happiest chaos.

I'm still hoping to have a fourth, but dh is having second thoughts. Trying to not let it get me down. I'd rather do it sooner than later, I'll be 36 in three months so I'd we do do it it should be fairly soon.

Miss you girls, love seeing updates!

39. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@turquoisemama: lol, I think B is my most challenging right now. Newborns are so easy in hindsight.

B is definitely ahead of where A was verbally at this point. Her favorite phrase right now is "No, I got it." when asked if she needs help.

@oliviaoblivia: hope you come to a decision soon. Family planning is hard. 3 was a toss up for us, but so glad we went for it.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee