Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2014 Mama's!!

1. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@MrsScottish: So cute!!

We announced on social media today. Like, 30 minutes ago. The response has been overwhelming! DH uploaded this picture (edited to remove our names). I uploaded ultrasound pics and a status that said "It seems like everyone is getting married or having kids. Well, we did the marriage thing last October, so this October I figure we can do the next part? Baby (lastname) due October 2014!"

We are jokesters so this is expected

2. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@MrsScottish: @Mrs.Panda: yay on announcing! I bet it's nice to have the news out there. We still haven't told anyone (except for a couple of close friends who I don't see often and wanted to tell in person) and I'm not sure when we're telling family. I was thinking of telling our moms for mother's day (even though I'll be close to 15 weeks!) but maybe I'll do it earlier...or later...I am happy to tell people, I just am enjoying this time without MIL constantly giving me unhelpful advice. And saying we can't afford a second kid. I do think everyone will be happy for us, though!

3. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

We are telling my parents this weekend and my in-laws next weekend. My sister was asking when she can tell her BFF, and my husband was like, "when we tell everyone else on Facebook" and I was like..."we should discuss our plan for announcing on Facebook, because I'm not doing that." We've been so afraid to talk about anything until the ultrasound, so we hadn't really talked about this, but since I'm not telling my boss until like, June, and I'm still interviewing for jobs, I really don't want to put anything up on social media until at least the summer. I think that's going to be hard for him and especially our sisters, but I'd like to keep it off FB for as long as possible. I think once I really start to show, it will be unavoidable. I'm worried somebody will see me and tell my boss I'm pregnant before I tell her, but I don't want to tell her until I have to. (I'm sure she'll be supportive, but it's also going to totally stress her out.)

In other news, I slept through the night last night! Woooooo!!! Still tired.

4. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

I still feel like I'm hardly pregnant. It's so odd that I'm only 7.5 weeks, and some of you are nearly at 12... I woke up this morning super dizzy, and the only thing that's helping is to lay down, which isn't so easy with a toddler running around.

Our ultrasound is tomorrow afternoon, so I think after that I'll feel a lot better about how many people we've told so far. We've already told most of our friends and close family, so I'm just hoping that everything is happy in there.

5. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

I'm so glad your announcements are going well! @Ms.Mermaid: we never announced on FB last time. People either knew because we're actually in touch, or they found out when DH posted the birth announcement.

Well I had my first hospital visit yesterday. I was admitted and given fluids and zofran after two days of not being able to keep even a sip of water down. I lost count of how many times I'd been sick when I was in the double digits by noon. I never had ms with DD, but it felt like I was making up for lost time! And of course she was pulling up at the toilet and play coughing next to me like this was a great and curious new game. At least we had another ultrasound to see the little one was well! Back home again today and back to only nauseous. My sweet mil is watching DD. I hope everyone else is feeling okay!

6. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I don't want to ever say anything on Facebook! Not sure why exactly, but I just have no desire to make such a public announcement! My extended family is wild for Facebook and kind of live on it, so them not saying anything on FB is hard for them. I just really don't want to say anything on social media. I figure, at a certain point, people will see me with a huge belly in photos, and that will be announcement enough. Or.... next fall, when they see a photo of two babies that look like me and my husband.

7. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

I'm 9 weeks today! Still hopeful all is well, as I still haven't had m/s or extreme fatigue. I was up at 4 AM to pee and couldn't go back to sleep, so that was fun:-). Showed hubby my "night bloat" last night and he was like, "is that normal?!" LOL

I'm not wanting to make a Facebook announcement....like @ShayNanigans: it feels really public and I know my "friends" list probably needs some whittling down. I think it's so sweet when others do, but I'm not sure it feels right for me. However, DH says that's how he wants to tell people, so I'll let him. I'll prob ask him to wait until 15-20 weeks, though. I'm pretty superstitious!

FIVE more days until I tell my parents and siblings. I can't wait!

8. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

I just scheduled another job interview for a couple of weeks - hopefully I can keep hiding for a little bit longer and my suit jackets will keep closing. I seem to be in the "me want food" stage where I'm starving 100% of the time, so I'm not sure how much longer everything will fit for.

I'm attaching my ultrasound. We were both a little disappointed that at 10 weeks, it doesn't look more like a baby, but the doctor said everything looked good and you could see the hand, and I don't know if we get another scan until 20 weeks if my insurance doesn't cover the genetic testing/NT scan.

9. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@MrsScottish: That is so sweet, I'm so happy for you that your grandma will get to know your LO. I was incredibly close with my grandma and she sadly passed in 2010 so my wedding day was hard without her and it saddens me that my LO will never get to know what an amazing woman she was, although I will do my best by telling him/her all about her.

@Mrs.Panda: lol that is awesome, reminds me of something my DH would do!!

@tororojo: I give you credit, I was dying to tell our parents so we didn't last too long after finding out. This is the first grandchild for everyone though so keeping it quiet from them was just not easy for us.

@Ms.Mermaid: that must be difficult, especially since you and your dh apparently have different opinions on announcing it publicly. Good luck with the job interviews/search, I'm sure the right opening will come along.

@rattles: oh no that sucks, I'm so sorry and I really hope that you Feel better fast!

10. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

Told work today!! It was amazing!! I cried as did many others!! I have been there for 6 years so many of us are like family. It was incredible!!
    I just sent a Facebook message to my close friends. Most of them live not in my city so I don't see them. I knew that when I announced it at work I would tell them as I want them to know before we one day make the big reveal on Facebook. I have heard back from 2 and they are solo excited!! We are the first to have a baby so it is a new experience!! We were the first to get married as well! I can't wipe the grin off of my face this week as it is finally real and I am happy and enjoying it.

11. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@MrsScottish: I am so happy that things went so well today. Having such a close relationship with your co-workers is so wonderful, sometimes we spend more time with our colleagues than we do our family and friends, so having such a supportive group is wonderful!

I'm so nervous/excited for tomorrow!

12. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

@katieleigh_82: thanks!! Good luck tomorrow!

13. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: good luck on your upcoming interview, hopefully you can keep the jackets buttoned . Yeah it's crazy how they just don't look like babies for awhile, I would have thought 10 weeks would be more "human like", at least the doc said everything looks like it should. I guess we won't all get that awesome "gummy bear" pic like @Mrs.Panda. Her little one was definitely posing for the camera.

14. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@thisisme: @Sophs Mama: Good luck at your appointments today!!!!

15. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

So we are planning out how we'll announce it to my in-laws and our plan is to give them a framed photo that looks like this one http://stillbeingmolly.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/111-dani-keith-bikes.jpg (from here http://www.stillbeingmolly.com/tag/bike-pregnancy-announcement/) or like this one http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/36/b0/fe/36b0fe2599b0eea00667bda5671e14d4.jpg but we have to find a tricycle first.

16. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: sooooo cute! We're telling my immediate family all together on Sunday. I used a double photo frame. On the left side I put a picture of my nephew, and put (in sticker letters) below the photo "1st Grandchild." On the right side I put a photo of two onesies from our undergrad and grad school (what I used to tell my husband) with the HPT on top. Beneath it I put, "2nd grandchild." Hoping they catch on pretty quickly!

Sadly, my MIL passed away almost 10 years ago, and we're not really speaking with my FIL. I know my husband will tell him at some point, but it will probably be via email.

17. DeannaY1230

olive / 64 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: love the tricycle idea! so cute!

@ChiCalGoBee: that's so sweet!!

We haven't fully decided how we're telling the families. We told my parents when I was about 5 weeks because of my terrible cramping. I'm very close with my parents and just wanted to get it off my chest. We're waiting until 12 weeks to tell my inlaws and their extended family. We did tell my DH's brother and my SIL. My DH is a twin, and he's really close with his brother and I'm very close to my SIL. They just had their first baby in December. So we bought a onesie for her that says "I'm going to be a big cousin" We told them about 1 week ago. We'll probably have her wear that when we tell my DH's parents. It is getting hard to hold it in! but in 2 weeks and 2 days I'll be 12 weeks and will feel so much better about spilling the beans to everyone!

18. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

Just left my appointment! Baby is doing well, heart rate is 130 bpm and everything looks great! I will upload a photo once I get home, but for now, it's time for frozen yogurt to celebrate!

19. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

Do you guys get nervous about your pregnancy side effects? Mine come and go. For awhile there, I was crazy sick - not just nauseous, actually throwing up. Now, I feel like the side effects aren't nearly as bad. Gassy like crazy, and a rando cramp from time to time, but that's really it. It's hard not to worry! Our next ultrasound isn't for a couple more weeks, so I am kinda going nuts while waiting!!!

20. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

@Sophs Mama: Yay, congrats!!

21. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: that is soooo cute!

@ChiCalGoBee: adorable idea, I have a feeling they'll catch on pretty fast!

@DeannaY1230: Another cute idea! I had a friend who did something similar but it was I'm going to be a big sister and it took their family until halfway through dinner before someone actually caught on, she said it was pretty funny because they were all playing with and holding her daughter the whole time lol.

@Sophs Mama: yay glad to hear everything went well today!

@ShayNanigans: I haven't gotten worried yet only because mine have come, but haven't gone anywhere, the nausea and vomiting are a constant reminder and my boobs are still killing me, not sure when they will stop hurting but that is one side effect I won't miss lol!!!

22. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

Our appointment went great, baby's heart rate was 172, my due date is one day later than the online calculator told me, so 11/17 instead of the 16th. @Mrs.Panda can you please update the calendar?

23. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

@katieleigh_82: beautiful little gummy bear!!
    @Sophs Mama: yeah!!

24. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@katieleigh_82: cute!!!! Congrats, Mama!!

25. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@ShayNanigans: feeling the same way. I was never throwing up, just have had food issues (I take two bites and am "done"/feel awful). At this point I'm noticing my "bloat" seems to be bigger and bigger, but I worry about the lack of symptoms. Just crossing my fingers that it's still going well!

26. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

@ShayNanigans: Yes! When I'm feeling yucky, I just want to feel better, and when I'm not feeling anything, I get worried that something's wrong! I think I'm starting to get to the point where this feels real and should stick around.

We told our immediate families before I was even 4 weeks. Some of my close friends and coworkers knew around then, too. Since they were all such an awesome support system while we were doing IVF, we knew we would want them to know however it turned out. By now, most of the people we see on a daily basis know. We'll go see our out of state family within the next month or so to tell them in person.

And I've officially graduated from my RE! We had our last appointment today and got the go ahead to transfer to my OB. My first appointment with her is April 25. *** Mrs. Panda, do the stars still help?

I'll post an u/s pic from my phone in a sec!

27. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: I meant to include you in my last post! Ditto to everything you just said! I'm thankful that I haven't been vomiting!

28. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

My little gummy bear!

29. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

Here is our little bean. Tiny!

30. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: @katieleigh_82: Hahaha I really think it's all about the angle, mine was taken kind of "face up" and yours are profile. I bet mine would look the same from the side! I get another ultrasound tomorrow and I'll be 11w5d so you guys can get a glimpse of that

@Ms.Mermaid: I totally understand not wanting to post on Facebook while you job hunt. It may be hard, but it's the best thing for now. Smart lady!

@thisisme: looks just like my gummy bear!! congrats!

@Sophs Mama: Awww so sweet

@katieleigh_82: Updated the calendar And yours looks so cute!!

31. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

32. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

**@Mrs.Panda: I forgot to mention in my last post that in addition to updating my due date, my next appointment is 5/8 for the first trimester screening (if my insurance will cover it), and also to see the Dr again.

33. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

November 2014 Baby Appointments!

***April***
    10th – April_Showers
    10th – MrsScottish
    10th – Mrs.Panda (US)
    11th – Deannay1230
    15th – HardToConcentrate
    15th – tororojo
    21st – ChiCalGoBee (testing)
    24th – Mrs.Panda (Early Gender Prediction)
    25th – Deannay1230
    25th – thisisme
    26th – MrsScottish
    28th – Rattles (NT scan)
    29th – Lolo

***May***
    2nd – ChiCalGoBee
    7th – Freckles
    8th – KatieLeigh_82
    28th – Sophs Mama

34. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@thisisme: ahhh so cute yours looks just like @Mrs.Panda's

@Sophs Mama: such a tiny little bean, so sweet!!

@Mrs.Panda: thanks for updating, can't wait to see how different yours will look, so exciting!!!

35. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@katieleigh_82: Just updated And thanks I'm excited too! lol

36. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@Mrs.Panda: ahhh darn, you must have been updating the list as I was posting my appointment update!!! Sorry

37. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@thisisme: Yes the stars definitely help!

38. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@katieleigh_82: Haha no worries, I'm glad you posted it just at the perfect time while I was updating!

39. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@Mrs.Panda: lol we keep posting at the same time

40. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@katieleigh_82: lol! I was like, wait did I read that already? I'm confusing myself. How do you feel to have your due date moved? I thought I was the 27th based on O, then I measured at the 29th on my first appointment, then the 25th at subsequent appointments. THEN the last time I was measuring everywhere from the 25th to the 29th. I have to say, even though it's only a couple of days different, I was disappointed to have to wait longer to advance the weeks so we decided to stick with the 25th

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee