Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2014 Mama's!!

1. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

@thisisme: Thankfully, we were in different departments! And yeah - I feel like I am living the Hansel and Gretel fairy tale in real life! You'd think 3500 calories a day would be fun... NOPE!

2. petuniasandpearls

cherry / 220 posts

@Sophs Mama: I can't stand meat right now. I was really craving chicken for a few weeks now the thought of meat makes me want to hurl.

I basically eat carbs and diary, mixed with sugary junk. Super healthy.

3. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@PetuniasandPearls @Sophs Mama I'm a vegetarian, but I told myself I would eat meat if it appealed to me and it doesn't at all. We'll see if that changes.

I was craving sushi and milkshakes for awhile, and have subsisted on a steady diet of string cheese and carbs. Pizza is pretty good. If it involves melted cheese, it appeals to me. If it involves vegetables, no thanks. This week, thankfully, I've been craving Caesar salad so I've been trying to eat salad while it doesn't make me sick. I've been managing to eat cereal and milk for breakfast, and sometimes I have a protein smoothie. I'm trying not to worry about it too much because I'm just trying to make sure I'm getting enough food/protein. I've only gained somewhere between 2-4 pounds so far, so it doesn't seem like the salty carb diet is that bad for me weight-wise, but I tend to bloat when I have too much salt or when I drink a soda to settle my stomach.

Oh, and my husband and I met in college - he was friends with my older sister and knew my floormate, so he had her bring me over to his apartment (he was an older man with his own apartment on campus, fancy!) one night, and I decided I liked him. He was totally not interested in me, so we were friends for awhile and then eventually I won him over through making him watch all of the original Star Wars movies with me. We've been together for 10 years and married for 3.5.

4. DeannaY1230

olive / 64 posts

@petuniasandpearls: @Ms.Mermaid: I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can't seem to eat much healthy food carbs are really the only things that appeal to me. Aside from sweets of course! If it's healthy.. I pretty much want nothing to do with it these days! What's wrong with me!?

5. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

Thanks ladies, your comments made me feel a lot better about my food choices! I managed to eat a small bowl of spaghetti for dinner, and a pudding cup. Haha.

My husband and I met almost eight years ago when we worked next door to each other. He offered to show me around Edmonton, and our first date lasted almost 24 hours. We've been inseparable ever since. He proposed on our fourth anniversary and we were married on our sixth! It still seems weird that we have a 1.5 year old, another on the way and have been married for almost two years!

6. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

I found the heart beat tonight!! DH got so excited that I started laughing at him then I lost it!! We heard it for about 39 seconds. The Doppler picked it up around 166 but it was not super loud. At our ultrasound at 10 weeks hb was 180. I tried to find it again but I couldn't stop laughing so I quit! I am 12 weeks tomorrow according to my new due date ( which still means nothing for me as baby will come when it comes!!)

7. DeannaY1230

olive / 64 posts

@MrsScottish: that's so exciting!! I ordered a fetal doppler too! It'll be delivered tomorrow! I can't wait. I'm so happy you were able to find/hear the baby's heartbeat! And congrats on 12 weeks tomorrow

8. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

Sorry I've been MIA, I'm so ready for this semester to be over. Plus I've gone back to work this week so I'm all over the place.

DH and I met about a week before college started at band camp haha. I quit and he stayed in, but we were inseparable after that first day. That was almost 9 years ago. We've been married for 6 months and were engaged for a little over a year before that. Long courtship! But we were living together almost the entire time

9. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

November 2014 Baby Appointments!

***April***
    21st – ChiCalGoBee (testing)
    23rd – MrsScottish
    24th – Mrs.Panda (Early Gender Prediction)
    25th – Deannay1230
    25th – thisisme
    28th – Rattles (NT scan)
    29th – Lolo
    29th – April_Showers
    29th – MarieJ

***May***
    2nd – ChiCalGoBee
    7th – Freckles
    8th – KatieLeigh_82
    9th – DeannaY1230
    12th – Mrs.Panda
    19th – Ms.Mermaid
    28th – Sophs Mama

10. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Mrs. BD: Welcome to the thread! Sorry I'm, like, 3 days late I don't know if you've looked through our old posts but I also had a subchorionic hemorrhage, friabe cervix and LOTS of bleeding. It resolved inexplicably around 11-12 weeks. I was on bed rest for about 7 weeks (also because of my back) and any time I went to physical therapy or even walked around some, I would bleed. I was out of work from 2/24 until this past Monday because I'm a nurse and there is no way to take it easy in my job. I even went to the ER one night because there was so much blood and some clots. All is well now, the spotting stopped around a week or so ago and I have gone back to work this week. Also, no sign of the hemorrhage on the many ultrasounds I've gotten I wish you good luck and if you have any questions, let me know!

11. Mrs. BD

olive / 70 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Hi! Wow, thank you so much for sharing your experience. It's way more positive than the ones I've read elsewhere I'm hesitant to even write this in fear that I will jinx it, but at 10 weeks (where I am now), I've been spot-free for 2 days!!! Hopefully, they won't be able to see the hemorrhage on my 12 week ultrasound.
    I'm shocked that you had to miss so much work! I understand though, as a nurse, that would be tough, I've been really trying to relax and stay off my feet, and I think it's working!

I'm really glad that all is well for you now. I wish you the best of luck!

12. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

Guys, I have been a MESS with morning sickness! Sorry to have been MIA, but I think I'm finally on the mend and catching up.

DH and I have been together for 7 years, married for 3 next month. We met at a young adult happy hour after church - our friends say we met at a bar and our parents say we met at church - everyone is happy Our first date was to a local creperie and then to a famous jazz club for music. He proposed in New Orleans, and we had a fabulous city wedding here in Chicago.

@Mrs. BD: Nice to "meet" you! I'm glad to hear the spotting is easing up. Hopefully it's all up from here!

13. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

@Mrs.Panda: DH and I met at high school band camp! What did you play? I played the French horn, and he played the saxophone.

@Mrs. BD: Glad to hear the bleeding has taken a hiatus. Hope it stays away for good!

@rattles: Such a cute story! I love it!

I'm 10 weeks today! Yay for double digits!!!

14. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@thisisme: @Mrs.Panda: Yay for band kids I played trumpet through college.

15. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Rattles I played the oboe. I was also Very Bad at it. I'm tone deaf and have no sense of rhythm. I can't believe nobody nicely suggested I quit band.

Is anyone else wearing maternity pants? I tried to get dressed this morning but I have court so my work yoga pants aren't gonna cut it and my other dress pants that fit are too wrinkled, so I broke out the Gap Maternity Dress pants I bought and omg so comfortable but I feel like I've given up. I'm going shopping this weekend so hopefully I can find some more pants that work, but I think I may just have to wear maternity dress pants from here on out. I know it's because I had gained some weight prior to getting pregnant, so I was already having some trouble with my pants. Has anyone else found that a belly band just isn't working for dress pants? It's fine for jeans, but my dress pants are just odd with it.

16. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I have fully switched over to leggings! Jeans and regular pants are too uncomfortable...

17. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I have one pair of jeans that fits with a ponytail holder around the button. I pulled out my maternity pants last week and have been wearing a pair of maternity yoga pants around the house and one of the pairs of jeans last weekend. They're kind of stretched out though, so I'm feeling in between regular and maternity. I'm definitely bigger than I was when this far along last time!

18. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

I gave up on my regular pants last week. I have been in full maternity pants since then. I had to wear a belly band with all my pants and it was not comfortable. It is so much better in maternity pants!! I bought some of the under belly or mid belly pants. Jeans and dress pants. I am over 12 weeks now and can't hide it!!

19. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@Mrs. BD: I had a SCH with my DD #1 and I bled from weeks 6-12. Lots of heavy bleeding and each time I would go to the doc, all would be well. It absorbed itself somewhere in the 12th week and I had no more bleeding. I was also informed around 7/8 weeks that I have a pretty large SCH with this pregnancy as well, but I haven't had any spotting or bleeding. Lots of women have SCH's and go on to have healthy babies

I have been terrible at keeping up with everyone, but I am really overwhelmed IRL. My dad is on life support, so my family and I are going through an extremely tough time right now. It just all went downhill so quickly. I actually debated posting anything about what I was going through, but if you pray, please pray for a miracle for my dad. I am having a really tough time just accepting all of this and it is definitely weighing on me. I just can't imagine losing my dad.

20. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@MarieJ: I'm so, so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

21. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@rattles: Thank you so much. I really appreciate that.

22. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

A "milestone" if you will......I threw up this morning for the first time. At 10.5 weeks. Uhh.....what!?!? Where did that come from? Luckily is was mostly bile (sorry if that's TMI), but the heaving for over a minute was plenty fun. My SINCERE sympathies for those of you that do this all day, every day. You're my heroes!

The growing stomach (uterus), sense of smell, and nausea apparently didn't meant I was really pregnant....throwing up today sealed the deal .

23. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: Supposedly it peaks at 9 weeks, so maybe it'll be a one off? I hope so for your sake!

24. DeannaY1230

olive / 64 posts

@MarieJ: I'm so sorry to hear this. Keeping you and your family in my prayers

25. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@MarieJ: so incredibly sorry to read this. He is in my thoughts and prayers.

26. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

@MarieJ: I am so sorry! Will be sending thoughts and prayers!

27. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@DeannaY1230: @ChiCalGoBee: @ShayNanigans: thanks so much.

28. rins72

coffee bean / 39 posts

@MarieJ: I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. I'll keep your family in my thoughts.

AFM, I'm terrible at keeping up with this thread! I haven't been on my computer as much as I was pre-pregnancy...I guess now I'm either sleeping or throwing up. Yay! My next appointment is on the 28th. I should be just shy of 11 weeks. Really looking forward to it, since we'll get to announce soon after! Time feels simultaneously like it's crawling and flying!

29. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

Oh my lord, the "keeping this pregnancy under wraps" charade is over - I am clearly clearly pregnant now. My stomach sticks out further than my boobs (and my boobs are huge.) I'm only 10 weeks! My stomach definitely doesn't look like extra cheeseburgers.

Today, I told my husband I really wanted to try to make it to 12 weeks before telling anyone at work. His response? "Good luck with that." People are now flat out asking my husband if I'm pregnant.

Well, the anonymity was nice while it lasted! I wanted to wait until 16 weeks to make me more certain this pregnancy will go all the way, but.... that will not be happening. At the rate I am growing, I will be needing a little walker to hold my tummy up by the end of this!!

30. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Shaynanigans One of my friends had twins and she waited until 12 weeks to tell her work and they just said, "obviously!" She is super tiny so there really was no place for it to go. I think there is nothing wrong with telling them early but making it clear that it is early and you are nervous. People we told early were very sensitive about that.

We told my inlaws yesterday. My MIL opened the picture attached as one of her birthday presents and immediately went "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" and then my FIL saw it and got excited and my SIL saw it and squealed and there was much hugging. I'm so happy everybody knows now. We're going to tell the rest of our family and friends after the NT scan on Thursday if it actually happens.

Anyone else starting to have stamina issues? I'm getting a little concerned about how the Olympic distance triathlon I'm doing in May is going to go. I did a brick workout yesterday that was a 15 mile bike ride and a 6 mile run. I was fine on the bike but I was pretty tired during the run. I keep hoping that soon I'll move into the 2nd trimester high energy blood-doping phase, and this is just me being really tired, but maybe I'm just dreaming. Previously pregnant people, does the high energy phase actually happen?

31. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@thisisme: @rattles: I was a trumpet! DH was a saxophone

@Ms.Mermaid: I have a pair of sorts and jeans that are maternity. So comfortable! I can see how the belly band wouldn't cut it for dress pants because those are much more structured and rely heavily on the seams and zippers to hold it's shape. And wearing maternity pants isn't giving up! Think of it as an investment in your future since you're going to have to wear them anyway and no sense spending money on new pants you'll only get to wear for a couple more weeks anyway! I guess they would be fine for postpartum... But you might as well be comfy.

32. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@MarieJ: thinking of you and sending you good thoughts. This must be so difficult for you and your family...

33. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@rins72: @Mrs.Panda: thanks So much. It's very hard and it's definitely taking a toll on all of us. We are all exhausted from running to and from the hospital. I haven't even seen DD and DH For more than an hour or two a day. I do appreciate all of the prayers and kind thoughts. I'll probably read when I can, but doubt I'll be posting much more.

34. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@MarieJ: We totally understand laying low on here but know you are in all of our thoughts!

35. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

I'm waiting at the blood lab after my meeting with the genetic counselor. SO much info-it's hard to process it all. I'll have to ask DH tonight to rehash anything I missed. We're doing the Counsyl, MaterniT21, and California state screening. Hoping insurance steps in for most of this, as a lot of it is very $$$ without it. Anyway, if anyone else is doing genetic testing and wants to chat about her experience, feel free to wall me!

Hope all of you are feeling great, Mamas.

36. Mrs. BD

olive / 70 posts

@MarieJ: Thank you so much for your story and your support. I am so sorry to hear about your father. That can't be easy. I am thinking about you and sending out lots of good thoughts.

37. Mrs. BD

olive / 70 posts

Hi All! I have been debating if I should tell work for some time now. I am only 10 weeks, so I really want to wait until after my 12 wk appointment on May 6. However, I haven't been feeling well, and with all the bleeding that was happening and my migraines, I was taking more time off than I probably should have. I thought it was suspicious. However, in the end, the bleeding has since ceased, and I feel like I could probably make it another 2 weeks. I feel like I can still physically hide it until I eat...then the hair binder trick comes in handy.

Has anyone else had any complications and thus told their work early?

@ShayNanigans: So sorry that you have to tell because you're showing already! I feel like I'm almost there. Leggings and loose shirts are helping!

38. petuniasandpearls

cherry / 220 posts

We announced on FB yesterday! I'm glad we got to do it

I'm already showing, so people that have seen me already know or suspect it. It's fairly obvious, and I've started embracing the maternity clothes.

@Mrs. BD: I work part time and from home so I didn't tell my coworkers in my department until nearly 10 weeks this time, but last time when I worked full time I told them at 6-7 weeks because I was so sick and felt so bad. I'm glad I told them then, because they were able to help me out and made the rest of the first trimester easier.

39. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Mrs. BD: I know it's a hard call with work. I'm personally going to keep a lid on the news until my May 2nd appointment (I'll be 12w3days), as at that point I should be able to hear the heartbeat on the doppler. I also have a NT screening scheduled for 5/5, and think that might be a really good indication of how things are going because there's an ultrasound. However, it's totally up to you-they'll definitely be understanding in retrospect when looking at the time you've taken off, and it's all up to your comfortability level I think. Good luck!

40. Mrs. BD

olive / 70 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: Thanks for the insight! I think I'm going to hold off until I know it's all good. I have my appointment on May 6 and the first trimester screening then too. After that, hopefully, we'll be good to go! Good luck with everything!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee