Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2014 Mama's!!

1. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

Sooooo genetic testing. We are starting the process tomorrow! I go in for a blood draw for the chromosome abnormalities, and for the triad screen.

I had wanted to do the Verifi test, since I am 35 and have had a miscarriage before, but unfortunately, they don't do that test for twins!!! We had wanted to find out the genders, so that's kind of disappointing. The test also is much more accurate and specific than standard screening. Oh well - hopefully nothing will come back in the gray area!! If any of you haven't heard of this test and fit the criteria, you might be interested! I thought it sounded like a pretty great test. If you are Team Green, you can have them drop the gender portion of the test.

I will say, I am so nervous to do the screening! Knowledge is power, so I know I need to know if anything's wrong, but.... it's going to be really hard to deal with if something's wrong. Anybody else doing testing soon?

2. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

Met our OBGYN today. Went well. She just did a quick weight and get to know you. We debated about my due date, she is continuing to go by LMP where my gp is going by the date I know I ovulated. Difference of Nov 4/ Oct 31. Not a big deal unless I am 2 weeks overdue!! I keep saying baby will come when it wants so not a big deal! She said I am measuring more app loser to 11 weeks just but touching me, no measurement but I guess when that's all you do all day you are probably good at it. On the Halloween due date I would be almost 13 weeks... But whatever. Her only comment was at 12-13 your uterus usually comes out of the pelvic cavity and mine has not so that's why I am closer to 11???????

Either way it went well, everything looks good and I am happy and feeling good!

3. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@MrsScottish: glad your meeting went well! Yeah I tended to go by my OB because this is literally what they do all day so I figure who am I? lol then again he's changed my due date like 3 times.

Does taking our prenatals get any easier? Every night I find myself dreading taking them (I take a giant prenatal and an equally giant Omega 3 with DHA capsule) and I can pretty much guarantee I will gag on one of them, sorry for the TMI. It makes me really appreciate my patients and to be very patient with them taking all of their pills! I never pegged myself as a bad pill taker but I guess the size combined with the revolting smell/taste is doing me in

4. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

Boo, I had typed a post and my browser logged me out before it posted.

@ShayNanigans: I don't know much about any of the genetic testing options. I kind of have an idea about what the NT scan is, and we'll probably do that if insurance covers it. My first appt with my regular OB is on Friday, so I'm hoping she'll give us lots more info about other test options. At this point, if there's nothing we can do other than prepare ourselves if something is wrong, I'm not sure I want to know now...

@MrsScottish: Yay for a good appointment! Sounds like you have a good attitude about your due date.

@Mrs.Panda: I haven't had any issues with my prenatals. They do smell/taste weird, but that hasn't bothered me. (Watch, since I'm thinking about it now, I'll start gagging tonight!) haha!

I am really excited that tonight is my last night taking hormone supplements since I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow! That's two fewer pills each day, and no more suppositories!

@ShayNanigans: Weren't we going to throw a party? What meds are you still on post IVF?

5. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@MrsScottish: I'd go with the later due date. As it gets closer, you'll be glad if people think you're due later so they're not constantly asking if you've had the baby yet when you really wish you had Plus that way you can expect the worst and be pleasantly "surprised" if you're "early" and have your LO in October after all! It sounds like you've got the right attitude either way!

@Mrs.Panda: Last time, I COULD NOT HANDLE my prenatals. I had no morning sickness, but my prenatals made me throw up twice, so I switched to the gummy ones. Since you're supposed to take them while breastfeeding too, I've been taking them for over 2 years now!

@ShayNanigans: It's nice to hear what other people are considering! Right now we're scheduled for NT testing on Monday, but I'm still lukewarm about it.

@thisisme: Hooray for no more (extra) hormones! That's fabulous!

6. DeannaY1230

olive / 64 posts

@ShayNanigans: I am getting the NT scan, and blood work done tomorrow. I am nervous, but excited at the same time to see how much the baby has grown. I've done some research. This is what my OBGYN recommended, as well as the counsyl test - which I did 2 weeks ago.

So I got my sonoline fetal doppler on Friday. I tried to use it and to find the baby's heartbeat for about 10 min. I was unsuccessful. I got a little aggravated so I stopped and I didn't try again until last night. I read a couple of articles and watched a youtube video and found it!!! I was checking too high, I didn't realize how low the baby sits. At my last OBGYN appt she did the doppler, but I guess I didn't pay much attention to where she was putting it. I was so excited! I took a video and sent it to my sister and parents. We're telling my inlaws on Saturday

7. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

Hi, ladies! There's no way I can catch up on weeks so I'm sticking to this page, but I hope everyone is doing well.

@MrsScottish: I agree with @rattles and would at least tell other people the later due date. I went past mine with DD and at the end got soooo tired of people asking if she was here yet, when the baby was coming, etc. I'm adding a few days when I tell people my due date this time!

@Mrs.Panda: The taste of DHA in burps makes me want to puke (is that gross?)--if I was just taking the vitamin pill I would be fine, but the DHA supplement really sucks. On days when I feel super pukey, I just take a regular prenatal.

@thisisme: Yay for no more supplements and taking fewer pills! I have 2 progesterone pills yet and can't wait to be done.

@DeannaY1230: I was a little shocked at how low the doc had to go with the doppler at my last appointment--glad you were able to locate the heartbeat!

As for me, I found out at my 4/15 appointment that my UTI was caused by strep B in my urine, which means it's definitely present and I'll be on IV antibiotics during labor--no swabbing needed to determine that later in pregnancy. Booo on having an IV and swelling up like a balloon! I was positive when pregnant with DD as well, I guess I'm just good at carrying strep. Other than that, smooth sailing with me as long as there is zofran nearby, and I think my nausea is getting better overall!

8. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

So ladies! We had our sex ultrasound and it's a............

We are thinking pink!

Since I am only 13w3d they want to confirm but they are 99.9% sure and I saw there seems to be nothing between her legs!

9. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Yaaaay, congrats!!! I sooo want a girl but won't find out until June. Do you have a name picked out? (also, did they see nothing between the legs or did they see female parts? I think that's the only way to be sure!)

10. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@tororojo: We saw lady lines or "Princess Parts" as she said. There was not even any real swelling like some babies can get so she's pretty confident. We like Quinn for a first name still looking at a middle name though. My sister doesn't really like it and says she will calm her Winnie, which I don't mind. As long as it's not followed by "The Pooh".

11. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Cool! And I love Quinn! But ugh on already getting negative opinions about it- hopefully that doesn't bother you? Winnie is nowhere near as cute as Quinn. My in-laws insist on calling our daughter Lulu (her name is Luisa) and I always ignore it, plus she doesn't answer to it so if they actually want her attention, they have to say her name. I don't think it would bother me except they ONLY call her Lulu! (shouldn't parents have to approve a nickname?)

12. Freckles

honeydew / 7444 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Have you tried Pregvit? It's two pills that you split in AM/PM. They actually used to make me nauseous but i now take the AM pill at night, and PM pill in morning and it's been working pretty well. And oh, CONGRATS on the girl!!! Wow, that's a pretty early detection!

13. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Mrs.Panda: wow!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Little girls are amazing. I know a Quinn, and she's lovely:-). We are going to keep a name under wraps because we figure opinions will be kept at bay if we've already named her/him after s/he comes out!

14. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@ShayNanigans: we're in that process right now. Had all the blood drawn(MaterniT21 and Counsyl) on Monday, and hope to have results within another week. We then have an NT scan on May 5th. I'm nervous, but the info is really important, so I'm trying to have faith that it will work out. I had read they don't do the MaterniT21 for multiples... I guess that they can't tell whose DNA they are getting?! Keep me posted!

15. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Hooray! Little girls are so much fun!! Congratulations!

16. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

@thisisme: I am officially off meds! Just pre-natals and fiber pills now. So. Exciting!

@Mrs.Panda: I use gummies! Thankfully, they don't make me sick. And congrats on the baby girl! That is awesome.

I met with a genetic counselor and did the bloodwork part of First Tri Screening. We'll get the results in a little over a week, in combination with our NT ultrasound. Of course I am SCOURING our last ultrasound photos to see if there are any clues. I probably shouldn't be as worried as I am. I think I still have leftover emotions from our infertility journey - it's like I expect everything to go wrong. Hopefully, we'll get at least a fairly definitive negative, and I can quit worrying.

17. DeannaY1230

olive / 64 posts

@Mrs.Panda: So exciting!! That's awesome they can give a 99.9% answer at 13weeks! I'm 12 weeks today and go for my NT scan at 3:15. I'm so nervous, but so excited to see how much the baby has grown

18. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Shaynanigans my therapist reminded me recently that sometimes worry can comfort us, if that makes any sense. Like, you feel better when you are worrying because you worry if you stop worrying then something will go wrong because you didn't worry enough? It might just be me, but once she said that, I felt better about worrying, and now I try to worry an appropriate amount. So, what I'm saying, if worrying is what you need to do to, don't feel bad about it. But hopefully everything does check out fine very soon!

I had my NT ultrasound this week and it was really cool and a little creepy because sometimes she would focus in and I was pretty sure I could see bones, which weirded me out. But it took awhile to get proper neck measurements so I was there for at least a half an hour, and it was really cool to watch her measure everything. My biggest concerns were if there weren't an appropriate number of limbs, missing organs, and that the organs might be outside the baby, so I felt much better after just the ultrasound. Also, I got to hear the heartbeat, which was way cool! Our anatomy scan is scheduled for 6/12, and my next prenatal appointment is 5/19.

I feel like I've totally popped this week and look super pregnant now. So we're telling people this weekend and when we see/talk to them, because it's going to be hard to hide much longer.

19. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Congratulations on a great NT appointment! My scan is a week from tomorrow. I am hoping that mine goes just as well, and that will be what allows me to relax a bit more, enjoy this process, and feel okay beginning to really share our news.

20. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Has anyone else been getting terrible headaches? I have had a couple really bad ones and my gp was really negative about taking Tylenol or anything else. I tried drinking water and napping, but that just made it worse.

21. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Mine come and go! They're terrible. I am also trying to minimize meds, but if yours are anything like mine - I have to try to nip them in the bud early, or else there's no stopping them. My doctor's a little different, and allows most meds. Might be worth looping back? You shouldn't be miserable, if it's possible to prevent! Hope you start feeling better!

22. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

November 2014 Baby Appointments!

***April***
    28th – Rins72
    28th – Rattles (NT scan)
    29th – Lolo
    29th – April_Showers
    29th – MarieJ

***May***
    2nd – ChiCalGoBee
    6th – Mrs. BD
    7th – Freckles
    8th – KatieLeigh_82
    9th – DeannaY1230
    12th – Mrs.Panda
    19th – Ms.Mermaid
    28th – Sophs Mama

***June***
    12th – Ms. Mermaid

Let me know if I missed anything

23. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I have gotten a couple of headaches but, even though my OB is fine with me taking Tylenol, I don't. It never did anything to help my headaches pre-pregnancy (I'm an Excedrin Migraine girl) so I have just been suffering in silence. Well, maybe not silence

I usually just try to drink a bunch of water, take a cool cloth to my forehead (or one of the flexible blue ice packs wrapped in a hand towel to the back or side of my head) and try to rest. If I'm at work, I'm just a miserable excuse for a human, but luckily that only happened once and it wasn't a full blown migraine.

I had to go buy brand new scrub bottoms today. I ordered two more bottoms from Amazon. This is really happening. I can't wait until I am super obviously pregnant and I don't have to wonder if people think I'm a fat slob. Good thing it doesn't seem too far off, this baby is making it's presence known through popping and cravings, which I'm sure won't help my waistline issues. Just polished off some Tijuana Flats steak nachos. *sigh*

24. DeannaY1230

olive / 64 posts

Has anyone else their NT scan/blood work done yet? I had mine Friday and the Dr. Just called and said it all came back negative. At my appt he told me if the probability was greater than 1/305 they would do additional testing. Today when he called he said the probability/chance is 1/10,000. I can't believe how fast the results came in! Needless to say we are so happy and relieved!

***Our anatomy/sequential appt is June 4th!

25. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

@DeannaY1230: That's great news!

I had my first appt with my regular OB on Friday. She spent lots of time with us looking over my records from our RE, which was great. We also decided not to do the NT scan. We should be pretty low risk and just don't want to deal with any added worry or invasive testing that might follow the test. We'll just keep praying everything's good, and we'll deal with it later if it's not! Our Dr. totally supported this reasoning, so we feel ok with the decision not to do the scan.

My next appt is ***May 23!

26. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

***** I just had mine last week and don't go again until May 29 th

27. rins72

coffee bean / 39 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Congrats on the little lady! So exciting!

I had my appointment today. We heard the heartbeat on doppler. The nurse warned me that she might not find it, since I'm something like 10w4d - 10w6d, but she found it right away! Beating away at 174!

*****My next appointment is May 27th. I'm assuming another check-in and doppler.

28. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

I had my 12 week appointment and NT scan today, and all is well! The baby looked so much bigger since I last saw him/her at triage! It was so nice to see the little arms and legs wiggling around while baby did somersaults in there. I lost weight because of all the morning sickness, but the baby's growth is right on track for our 11/9 EDD. For some reason, this was the appointment where it seemed to sink in for me that there's really a person in there! ***My 16 week appointment is May 28, and my 20 week and anatomy scan are scheduled for June 25.***

On a less serious note, we took double strollers for a test spin this weekend!

@DeannaY1230: @rins72: So glad to hear your appointments went well and your little ones are growing big and strong!

29. DeannaY1230

olive / 64 posts

@rattles: So happy everything went well! Isn't it amazing how much they grow? I was shocked. This was also my first abdomen u/s. It just looks so different

30. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

I'm so far behind on everything, but it seems like everyone is doing well!

***I have my NT scan on May 9th, as well as some bloodwork.

I'm excited to see our little babe again, last time my ultrasound looked like a blob, so it will be exciting to see some fingers and toes!

31. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

I am a super late joiner! I was in the December thread, but my dating scan pits me at a due date of November 27th, and since I will be booking an ERC for mid November I thought I would join in here!

32. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

EDD: November 27
    WHen did you find out? March 27th
    Child Number: 2
    Where do you live? Medicine Hat AB, Canada
    What kind of provider will you see? PCP until 20 weeks then OB
    When is your first appointment? Was March 31
    What kind of birth do you want? ERC
    What are you most excited for? Feeling baby movements again!
    What are you most scared for? Complications (my last pregnancy was quite complicated)
    Symptoms so far: Tired, mild nausea
    Post a picture! This was our bean at 9 weeks (this past Thursday healthy with a heart rate of 172)

33. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

@MsMini: Hi! This thread seems to be a bit quieter than the December thread, but it's great to see another November mama! What does ERC mean? I hope you have a complication free pregnancy this time!

34. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

I have been super cranky today! Holy moly!!
    But on the bright side, I went to pre-natal aqua and weighed myself on their fancy scale- I have not gained any weight this week!! Yeah! I have gained 6 pounds since my physical at the beginning of January. I was excited!!

35. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

We announced on Facebook tonight with this photo! Basically 90% of people we know already knew, so this was basically just to let the other 10% know, and so the rest could actually start talking about it! The reaction has been great so far!

36. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

@Sophs Mama: so cute!!

37. Sprite

kiwi / 693 posts

Hi Ladies. It has been a long, difficult past few weeks. I've been taking a HB break, and will probably continue to do so for at least a few months, since I really just need a break from everything baby-related right now. But I wanted to update you that sadly I will no longer be a November mama.

I truly wish the best for each and every one of you and it was a pleasure getting to know you all a little on this board.

38. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Sprite: I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Sending love and light to you

39. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

@Sprite: I'm so sorry. I've been wondering where you were and hoping that you're ok. Keep taking care of yourself and your DH!

40. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

@Sophs Mama: super cute!

I started off today really happy that I'm officially 12 weeks - a milestone I've been anxiously waiting for. Then I used the bathroom and had some spotting for the first time! I yelled to DH, who immediately got on google and told me it was probably implantation spotting. (Thanks, honey, but no.) I called my doctor and they had me come in. Thankfully, they found a heart beat right away and everything looked good when they checked me. Hopefully it was just a one time thing! Not the way I wanted to start my day, though!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee