Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2017 Moms!

1. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: My itching is right at my stretch marks below my belly button which is how PUPPS can start so it could either be nothing beyond stretching skin or it could be the start of PUPPS

2. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Failed my 1 hr GTT, I go in for the 3 hr on Saturday. I am super bummed

3. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Sorry to hear that :(. What about the liver tests?

4. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: Thanks I'll see what the 3 hr brings. Either the other tests haven't come back or they were unremarkable, they weren't mentioned in the phone call I got yesterday and my online patient portal doesn't have any of the test results.

5. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

I got the fruit punch flavor for the 3 hr along with a raging headache and chick-fil-a breakfast after the test thanks to my husband who took pity on me.

6. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I always had a greasy, stomach-satisfying meal right after the test. So good. Hope the results come back in your favor.

7. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Shopoholicmom: thanks fingers crossed

8. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

I passed the 3 hr test! At the very least I know I should try and pay attention to my diet though and not use this as an excuse to eat everything sweet ever.

9. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: awesome!

10. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@snarkybiochemist: great news!

11. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Can someone repost the due date list? I was thinking, if I have about 11 weeks to go, and I am towards the end of the month, there is a good chance we might see a baby or two soon!

Hows everyone feeling? I feel like CRAP! I have a cough, a super harsh cough that makes me almost gag half the time, and my pelvis feels like its breaking in half when I walk! Ugh.

I also haven't really prepared anything, I guess the only thing we truly need before baby comes is an infant carseat since we have almost everything from last time and we won't be using a crib.

12. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Wow I just scrolled back and I can't even find the last due date one! We are such a quiet group! Maybe we should do a check in type post?

Due Date:
    ?
    Nursery update?
    Most irritating symptom right now?
    When you plan to go out on leave?

13. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Due Date November 23!

Still a Surprise! I am hearing equally both from the peanut gallery daily : )

We don't have a nursery to speak of, but we've been going through our baby stuff little by little. Problem is everything we take out, our son gets obsessed with playing with! He busted his chin playing with a baby walker in the backyard

I mentioned my symptoms above so I won't harp on it

Not sure yet! Eligible to go out at 36weeks, which would be October 26th but I am thinking about working maybe 1-1.5 more weeks after that. Ideally I would work longer but I think the temptation is too great! And my body is already so decrepit. Ugh.

14. Lucy_goosey

pea / 15 posts

Due date: 11/11

Nursery: Coral and teal colors with this adorable stuffed fox

Most irritating symptom: not being able to get comfy enough to sleep at night, so tired!

Last day of work: Halloween

15. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

Due date: 11/11 also!

Have done nothing for the nursery, were in the middle of moving right now. Dealing with two houses that are total disaster zones.

Most annoying symptom is swelling/puffiness! I had severe swelling with my first pregnancy and it's starting again unfortunately.

No plans for last day of work, I'll decide when it gets closer.

16. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Due Date: 11/21

Nursery update? we bought the paint on sale last week at lowe's but the room still needs to be cleaned out first, the walls will be light grey and then i'll decorate with purple and mint and white furniture
    Most irritating symptom right now? hip pain and having to pee every hour on the hour practically
    When you plan to go out on leave? probably 11/17, the Friday before I'm due but obviously that could change

17. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Due date: November 9th (c-section is booked for Halloween though!)
    Having: a surprise/the family tie-breaker 😉
    Nursery update: Using the same decor/set-up as LO1 & LO2 but it's full of boxes right now. I will take a pic when I get back home.
    Symptoms: feeling pretty good actually, the best of all my pregnancies. This baby doesn't like me to sleep though and spends hours each night beating the mattress. I have some sciatic pain from work-related activity. My gestational diabetes is managed really well with diet right now so that's great as well.
    When do you plan to go on leave: my last shift is October 24, then I am on a natural break in my schedule until Oct 30. On paper it looks like I am working until the 29th though.

18. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

Due Date: 11/7

Nursery update? We're using the same nursery as with LO2. I did buy a new crib sheet but that's about it. We've got the pack and play set up in our bedroom which is where LO3 will be for a while.
    Most irritating symptom right now? BH contractions that make me need to pee every hour at night. I'm so tired from not sleeping straight through!
    When you plan to go out on leave? SAHM, so no leave planned. The kids are both back in school now so I have a little break during the day to rest/finish prepping for this baby.

19. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

It's exciting to think we could see some of these early November babies next month (in addition to @MsMini)!

20. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Just left my OB, it looks like I am going to have to go see an MFM for a more detailed look at this nuggets brain. My last growth scan showed a dilated ventricle. Fingers crossed it's nothing, or resolved by the time I get in there.

21. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

Hi all! I can't believe the third trimester is here. So much quicker than with LO1 it seems.
    Due Date: 11/17

Nursery update? LOL haven't really done a thing. Just bought a dresser today. Trying to decide if we want to buy him a crib or if LO1 (will be 2 next month) will be ready to transition to a bed.
    Most irritating symptom right now? I can't breathe! Conversations are mostly me trying to catch my breath. 🙄
    When you plan to go out on leave? N/A we moved a couple months ago and I'm staying home for now.

Hope y'all are doing well!!

22. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@MsMini: Fingers crossed for you.

Due Date: 11/3, but I just got a call to schedule my repeat C-section for 10/27. Gulp! It seems early but it's the latest day the OBGYN I want is scheduled for surgery. Technically it's my 39th week so full term.

Girl

Nursery update: Done. I want to rewash some things closer to when baby arrives, but it's ready to roll.

Irritating Symptom: Nothing too bad. Regular aches and pains associated with the 3rd trimester.

Plan For Leave: I plan to work until baby comes. So much to do in the beginning of the school year, so little time

It's nice to read all the updates! We are a quiet bunch!

23. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Lurking! Getting really excited for all you ladies, especially those of you with whom I shared POAS boards for soooo many months (looking at you @snarkybiochemist!)

I can't believe y'all are in the third trimester! Makes me nervous because I've done pretty much zero prep for these babies which are due in February but could very likely come as early as January.

24. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

It's been awhile since I've been here...!

Due Date: 11/13

Nursery update? It's a work in progress. We have a crib (but no mattress!) and rug, but waiting on the glider, and the dresser needs to be built. Going for a mint, white, and blush color scheme.
    Most irritating symptom right now? Carpal tunnel .. I've never had it before, and it sucks..
    When you plan to go out on leave? 11/8

25. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: I lurk on your board too! I find it hard to believe that this is happening, I have so much left to do.

26. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

Sorry I've been so quiet! Hellobee keeps logging me out and then I forget my password and have to reset it to something crazy that I never remember and then I am too lazy to find the email that it's in because I am pregnant and everything is too much work.

Due Date: 11/21-- my midwives are on board with a scheduled induction on her due date, which I'm really excited about! Now she's just not allowed to come early, because due to complicated toxic extended family issues I won't have childcare lined up for our toddler until at least the 19th (ugh, so do not need complications and stress in the third tri...or ever).

[:boy:] [:girl:] [:teamgreen:] ? Baby Girl!

Nursery update? Hahahahahaha nope. The kid is sleeping next to our bed in an RNP for the first 6-8 months, just like her sister did. Then we'll transition to crib sleeping in a shared room with big sister (we live in a 2-bedroom apartment and have no plans to move so this is the best we can do...sorry, kidlets). To be fair, though, once we transition the girls to a shared room we're switching so they have the bigger master and we have the (slightly) smaller bedroom. I'll do a joint redecoration when that happens. I'm a bit bummed to be having yet another baby where I don't get to plan out a big nursery for them, but it is what it is.

Most irritating symptom right now? Hip pain, especially when sleeping at night. I have 8 million pillows but none of them help or work so I'm just cranky and tired and wake up every hour to painfully switch positions. Oh well, it's prep for newborn life, right?

When you plan to go out on leave? SAHM so I don't really get to go on "leave", but my husband's last day is the 18th and his dad is flying in on the 19th to help us out with DD1...it's kind of like I'm going on leave, since I'll have two other able-bodied adults around!

Funny story to share: One night a week or so ago we were eating dinner, and I was slouching at the table because that's what I do (sitting up straight while pregnant is hard, y'all!). DD1 (2.5yo) runs over to me and says "No no mom, be careful! No skish baby sister in tummy!" I immediately straightened up, which was super hard to do since I was also dying of laughter. OMG I love my kid-- she's going to be the bestest big sister ever.

27. MomBrarian

pea / 18 posts

Due date: 11/23

Nursery: Nothing yet... will eventually be in my son's room, when we move him into my daughter's room once the baby is old enough to sleep in the crib.
    Most irritating symptom right now? Just one? at the very moment I'm writing this it's the ligament pain in my right side, but overall my excessive amount of nighttime mucus that makes me throw up at least once a week is probably the worst.
    Last day of work: 11/3

28. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MomBrarian: hi due date twin!

I know what you mean about just pick one. I am SO OVER BEING PREGNANT!

29. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@helloperidot: (Lurking!) That is so adorable! I feel so lucky to get siblings right off the bat - even if I am terrified about raising twins, LOL.

30. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Had my first growth ultrasound since I am high risk, they estimate baby at 3lbs10oz at 30+1 and she is head down with her feet pressed up against my right ribs, in an L shape. She was facing in so no cute profile picture, just a full frontal alien baby shot.

31. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Just lurking to say that's awesome - you are getting so close!!!!

32. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: thanks, I hope this month goes Ok for you. You are over halfway now which is exciting

33. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

@snarkybiochemist: that's so exciting! i haven't seen baby girl since my 20 week anatomy scan so i can only imagine how she's positioned and how big she is. I think she's head down...? Just a guess on my part, based on what I've been feeling with her movements.

I'm exactly 2 months away from my due date. (!!!)

34. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Glad you got a peek at baby and that she's growing appropriately!

We've had a couple growth scans (one at 28 and one at 32 weeks) and baby is estimated at 3 lbs 13 oz, right on track! The scans are a nice excuse to see the baby, but they still make me so anxious (like they'll find something wrong that was initially missed). Can't wait to meet this baby in 8 weeks or less!

35. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@chenergized: I hope she is head down.
    @Shopoholicmom: I have those same anxieties about finding a problem they missed before. Hopefully I can remain calm for my next 2 scans. Will you have any more?

36. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

@snarkybiochemist: it just depends on how my belly measures at future appointments. The doctor felt I was measuring small using his tape measure but the ultrasound showed appropriate growth. The baby has a single umbilical artery which can (but not always) lead to SGA. It's just something they're watching but doesn't generally cause a problem.

37. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Shopoholicmom: makes sense that they will watch you and make decisions from there

38. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@chenergized: so exciting to be two months from due date! I could never guess with my first position based on movements.

@Shopoholicmom: I am glad everything seems on track with growth. I have the 32 week growth ultrasound coming up next week (I'll technically be 31 weeks).

39. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: crazy how that seems so big yet tiny at the same time!

40. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: I know its crazy how much bigger she will be when she is born but also to think she was once the size of a poppy seed.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee